Author Topic: Outemu Orange switch review  (Read 13076 times)

Offline Reimu_64

• KeebWorks
Outemu Orange switch review
« on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 14:07:11 »
The Outemu Orange is a light tactile switch which doesn’t do a whole lot to distinguish itself from rivals. It’s not a bad switch though, just very ‘meh’. Yes, this was copied and pasted from the Outemu Purple’s description section.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Outemu Orange switch review
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 21:42:47 »
Sorry for reviving a dead threat but, These switches are very underrated. They have pinging on aluminium plates that can probably be fixed with spring lubing. Also another point that is good to know is that the stem is not interchangeable with other MX switches other then Outemu i presume.

I build mine on 5MM acrylic plate and they feel amazing to type on stock. With a thick acrylic plate i have 0 pinging. I can for sure tell you that they are way more tactile then Cherry/Gateron browns. They are nicely tactile without being overly tactile like a holy panda or other THOCK meme switches.

As for the weight it's a bit heavier than a Red switch or they are the same weight and the bump makes it feel heavier than it actually is.

Smoothness is close to Gateron Pro switches from what i have been feeling.

I love switches that are not overly tactile but, enough to know you have actuated the switch. For the price i can't really complain i got 70 pieces for 14 bucks shipped.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 December 2022, 10:51:37 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 03 December 2022, 03:33:21 »
I can for sure tell you that they are way more tactile then Cherry/Gateron browns. They are nicely tactile without being overly tactile like a holy panda or other THOCK meme switches.

I love switches that are not overly tactile but, enough to know you have actuated the switch. For the price i can't really complain i got 70 pieces for 14 bucks shipped.

Thanks for your report. I saw these switches advertised somewhere the other day - forget where. Could you tell me where you bought the switches at that price?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 03 December 2022, 07:16:28 »
I can for sure tell you that they are way more tactile then Cherry/Gateron browns. They are nicely tactile without being overly tactile like a holy panda or other THOCK meme switches.

Thanks for your report. I saw these switches advertised somewhere the other day - forget where. Could you tell me where you bought the switches at that price?

It was a black Friday sale on Aliexpress. I don't think you can get them for that price anymore.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 03 December 2022, 17:19:36 »

It was a black Friday sale on Aliexpress. I don't think you can get them for that price anymore.

Thanks to your comments, I was able to find some samples at that price. I have ordered them, and we'll see how it goes.

If you can get away with just lubing the springs, it might be alright.

Just because it's a low-priced light-tactile, doesn't mean it has to be bad. I suspect it might be okay with 57-58.5 G springs, but we'll see.