Author Topic: [IC] Domikey - Thumb Key "Deicide"  (Read 10876 times)

Offline Thumb Key

[IC] Domikey - Thumb Key "Deicide"
« on: Thu, 05 October 2023, 00:47:10 »

Hello everyone, this is Thumb Key, here with a set named DEICIDE. Inspired by a brave warrior and the red tattoo on his body.

The story revolves around revenge and killing, Initially dominated by the desire to kill, he became a brutal Kingslayer.When the desire to kill fades after a long life of, The goodness of humanity is awakened again and again, and he is gradually transformed into a savior, a loving father.

Kitting

The white in the alpha section represents the color of his wife and daughter's ashes on his body, and the red represents the color of the tattoos on his body.
Three different alpha's were designed

Alpha-R Kit
Use the Rune alphabet as the main character, With the English as a character accent in the lower right corner

Alpha-E Kit
Use the English alphabet as the main character, With the Rune as a character accent in the lower right corner

Alpha-ER Kit
Rune stylized English as the main red character, with Rune as the lower right brown character.

Each of the three Base contains the "red tattoo" portion of the corresponding ALPHA, allowing the keyboard to be assembled with different visual effects.
Base-E Kit

Base-R Kit

Base-ER Kit

NOVEL

ARTISAN
resin material, hand-painted

DESKMAT
900mm*400mm

Deicide Sample Real Photos

SPEC
  • PBT Dye sublimation
  • Cherry profile
  • Manufacturer Domikey

Vendors

Global-KPrepublic
US-KeebsForAll
EU-keygem
AU-Keebz N Cables
ID-Kukey Studio
SG-qwertyqop
TW-INPAD
KR-Swagkeys
MY-MECHA

Welcome vendors from all regions to contact me

Join Discord or Instagramfor the latest updates!

Thanks
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 April 2024, 23:57:38 by Thumb Key »

Offline vhaarr

Re: [IC] Domikey - Thumb Key - Deicide
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 October 2023, 03:41:26 »
First of all, I think the rows are incorrectly labeled. There's 3x R1, which includes the capslock row.
Second, the set is missing an R3 backspace mod key (same row as Tab key, opposite side where \| key is).

Please consider:
1. Pure runic alpha set, no secondary legends, with enough alphas to cover every key, so 12x R3, 11x R2, and 10x R1 1u keys with ONLY runes
2. NorDeUK kit, for the love of Odin - this is a runic set, how can you not have Nor support? :-D
2.1 And for the love of Freya, please include runic sublegends on the NorDeUK kit
3. Changing the word "God" on the mods to for example "Odin" or "Æsir", or something along those lines.
4. Changing the word "War" on the mods to for example "Týr" or "Þórr" (Tor/Thor), or even "Odin"
5. Reduce the number of swords and weapons in the novelty kit, and add more runes or other symbols
6. Spacebar set with red spacebars and at least 2x 3u spacebar

For the Vegvisir set, I prefer option 1 with smaller legends.
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 October 2023, 06:45:09 »
First of all, I think the rows are incorrectly labeled. There's 3x R1, which includes the capslock row.
Second, the set is missing an R3 backspace mod key (same row as Tab key, opposite side where \| key is).

Please consider:
1. Pure runic alpha set, no secondary legends, with enough alphas to cover every key, so 12x R3, 11x R2, and 10x R1 1u keys with ONLY runes
2. NorDeUK kit, for the love of Odin - this is a runic set, how can you not have Nor support? :-D
2.1 And for the love of Freya, please include runic sublegends on the NorDeUK kit
3. Changing the word "God" on the mods to for example "Odin" or "Æsir", or something along those lines.
4. Changing the word "War" on the mods to for example "Týr" or "Þórr" (Tor/Thor), or even "Odin"
5. Reduce the number of swords and weapons in the novelty kit, and add more runes or other symbols

Wow this guy seems to know a lot about these things...
*Checks country*
Oh.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 October 2023, 09:20:54 »

Please consider:

Row labels have been modified
We will be adding more keycaps to fit more keyboards.
NOVEL kit is still in process,some will be added or modified later

Thanks for the advice.

Offline Hansomatik

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 October 2023, 11:40:50 »
+1 for Norde / International Kit

Like the different rune variants very much!

Offline Trackpoint

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 October 2023, 14:24:19 »
Roman numerals next to the standard Arabic ones does not fit the theme. I'd suggest leaving those out or, if you can, use runic ones (e.g., pentadic numerals). GLWIC.

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 07 October 2023, 08:46:46 »
+1 for Norde / International Kit

Like the different rune variants very much!
Will consider adding Norde / International kit

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 07 October 2023, 08:53:48 »
Roman numerals next to the standard Arabic ones does not fit the theme. I'd suggest leaving those out or, if you can, use runic ones (e.g., pentadic numerals). GLWIC.
Thanks for the suggestion, the game uses Roman numerals, if pentadic numerals are more appropriate we'll use them!

Offline Thumb Key

Re: [IC] Domikey - Thumb Key "Deicide"
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 22:24:45 »
Update: Novel kit
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2024, 10:04:59 by Thumb Key »

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 01:02:53 »
Okay so no NorDeUK kit with rune sublegends, and no pure runic alpha set?

I don't really understand your novelties either.

Surely if you present this set to a normal person and ask "What is this set about?", their answer would be "Norse runes".

Why all the weapons in the novelty set?
And why do you have two different colors of the axe+arrow 1.25+1.5u keys? Surely if I want to use them I want to use the same color on both sides of the spacebar.

And the epaulets look weird. At first glance they look like a revolver holster to me.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 October 2023, 01:06:42 by vhaarr »
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 08:06:50 »
Okay so no NorDeUK kit with rune sublegends, and no pure runic alpha set?

I don't really understand your novelties either.

Surely if you present this set to a normal person and ask "What is this set about?", their answer would be "Norse runes".

Why all the weapons in the novelty set?
And why do you have two different colors of the axe+arrow 1.25+1.5u keys? Surely if I want to use them I want to use the same color on both sides of the spacebar.

And the epaulets look weird. At first glance they look like a revolver holster to me.

NorDeUK kit with rune sublegends in the plans! About pure runic alpha set, Its shape is different from the English alphabet, which may cause some trouble for a small group of people, but of course, this option can be added if there are many people who prefer it.
The novelty set is still being revised and will add more red keys.
Thanks for the advice! :thumb:

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 02 March 2024, 10:10:36 »
Progress Update: Sample Real Photos

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 02 March 2024, 10:18:07 »
DMK Blot Classic

nah

Offline Dmitri

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 02 March 2024, 12:50:22 »
Satanistic

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 02 March 2024, 20:10:02 »
So is this a Kratos inspired Set? I really dig it

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 03 March 2024, 06:48:16 »
DMK Blot Classic

nah
Due to the design of the characters, two-colour injection moulding could not be done, as far as I know DMK improved their heat sublimation process and based on the samples I received they are passable.

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 03 March 2024, 06:49:17 »

Yes! the inspiration comes from the red tattoos on Kratos and some of his weapons.

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 03 March 2024, 07:21:01 »

Yes! the inspiration comes from the red tattoos on Kratos and some of his weapons.
I see his Leviathan Axe and his Blades of Chaos. I think that's the Blade of Olympus in the Top Right? I'm assuming that's the Bow of Apollo from GOWIII. Golden Fleece as the Shoulder Pad iirc. Definitely loving what you've done here. God of War is my 2nd favorite PlayStation series after Ratchet & Clank so this set really has me interested

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 March 2024, 07:28:20 by MartinThePolarBear »

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 03 March 2024, 11:41:27 »

I see his Leviathan Axe and his Blades of Chaos. I think that's the Blade of Olympus in the Top Right? I'm assuming that's the Bow of Apollo from GOWIII. Golden Fleece as the Shoulder Pad iirc. Definitely loving what you've done here. God of War is my 2nd favorite PlayStation series after Ratchet & Clank so this set really has me interested

You're correct, except for the weapon in the top right corner, which is inspired by the Draupnir Spear from God of War: Ragnarok.

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 03 March 2024, 13:26:18 »

You're correct, except for the weapon in the top right corner, which is inspired by the Draupnir Spear from God of War: Ragnarok.
Ah gotcha. I'd kill for a Blade of Olympus novelty. That was the most important weapon for two games and Kratos's weapon for Rage of Sparta in GOW III

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 03:48:45 »
Project update: NOVEL kit, ARTISAN, DESKMAT, and some renderings!

Offline Nevrest

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 15 March 2024, 05:24:11 »
Would love to see a RUNE only kit, but I'm guessing it's unlikely as there's already quite a few alpha kits

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 17 March 2024, 00:02:08 »
Would love to see a RUNE only kit, but I'm guessing it's unlikely as there's already quite a few alpha kits
Yes, if additional Alpha orders are added, they may not meet the MOQ.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 14:18:13 »
Looks like KPrepublic launched this GB today. Hopefully a Geekhack GB thread will follow.

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 02:22:17 »
Looks like KPrepublic launched this GB today. Hopefully a Geekhack GB thread will follow.
There is one:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=122756.0

Offline ClingyMonkee

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 16:14:21 »
This looks good but the eye looks like a bird

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 18:12:52 »
There is one:

Thank you, I'll update KeycapLendar.

I didn't think to look in Geekhack Marketplace >> Vendor Forums >> KPrepublic (board=206)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 22:18:49 »
There is one:

There is also now a GB thread on the Geekhack GB board - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=122738

Other vendors are listed.

Offline Thumb Key

« Last Edit: Fri, 12 April 2024, 23:57:50 by Thumb Key »