Author Topic: Logitech G600 - The Naga Killer?  (Read 13762 times)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Logitech G600 - The Naga Killer?
« on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 14:07:59 »
[video=youtube;3DRw7qsxTJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DRw7qsxTJ8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Didn't really dig the Naga, but I may pick one of these up. Can't actually stand my SS Cata mouse (too wide).

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 14:17:36 »
Looks disgusting but the Naga doesn't look that much better

Thanks god I don't play MMOs
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 14:21:38 »
I'd use something like this for playing MechWarrior.
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline dmbr

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 15:09:41 »
I play FPS's, and that looks like just what I've been waiting for. I really prefer to use my mouse thumb for binds instead of the keyboard to keep my fingers free for the movement keys. Grip looks great, too. And it's Logitech, so I have faith in its overall quality.

Does anyone know anything about the sensor? Any known issues with acceleration?

Offline Shaymojack

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 23:34:25 »
Quote from: The_Beast;613518
Looks disgusting but the Naga doesn't look that much better

Besides the side buttons (which I'm not really sure anything can be done for), it looks pretty nice to me. If I ever end up thinking I need more than the three side buttons my G500 has I'll definitely look into this.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 01:27:03 »
Quote from: dmbr;613568
Does anyone know anything about the sensor? Any known issues with acceleration?
Special version of the ADNS-9800 (50cpi steps), so expect the usual acceleration.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline All The Fire

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 03:42:10 »
I like the white version, would suit my artisan mousepad.

Curious as to it's dimensions, it's looks like a small mouse but as they're targeting MMO players I would expect a large palm grip type mouse. Have logitech used a 9800 before, can we expect it to act similar to their 9500 in the G9x just with finer sensitivity increments or are there other quirks to it?

Offline Maarten

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 03:56:46 »
Quote from: The_Beast;613518

Well i do.... but i cant say i ever felt the need for having a gazilion buttons on my mouse. There's something way better for that, its been around for pretty long and its called a KEYBOARD! Has all the buttons you could ever need;

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 52929[/ATTACH]

I bet id just press the wrong buttons all the time on a mouse like this anyways, or even worse just mush half of em at the same time...

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 16:40:18 »
Yeah I agree, I find the normal back/forward button enough for me for MMO, too many buttons just confuses you.  Also you'd might have to change your grip if the button is too far.  I personally own a Naga, I find 1-6 is ok but 7-12 is not usable.  But I like how logitech added indentation on the buttons so it's easier for you to tell where the buttons are.

Though I really like the white design.  Not too many mouse out there are white.  I'm currently using artisan shiden white mouse pad, soon gonna pick up a white filco.  So if they can release another 5 button mouse with the white design then I'm sold :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline All The Fire

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 21:40:28 »
I got the shiden mousepad too and as nice as it looks, it stands out a bit too much against all my black peripherals and dark wooden desk. Steelseries' Kana mouse comes in a white version and is a 5 button mouse (though due to the ambidextrous design there's one button on each side, not two on one side).

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 16 June 2012, 02:38:14 »
I find the white actually contrast well with my dark wooden desk and black mouse.  And I did consider buying the SteelSeries Kana before, in the end I decide not to because I heard it has crappy mouse feet + high lift off distance + somewhat hard clicks.  Where as my CM Storm Xornet has 100% Teflon (or at least feels like it) + low lift off distance (need to upgrade firmware) + lightest clicks out of any mouse I've used + comfy ergonomic shape.  I just wish it has some LED light for leetness but I guess not that big of a deal lol.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 June 2012, 00:31:06 »
As a naga fps gamer, this definitely interesting. Maybe wait for a wireless version :biggrin:

Offline Parak

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 20 June 2012, 01:01:58 »
Primary buttons rated to 20 million? What about the ones that will actually be continuously spammed, the side buttons? I guess the naga hex is better in that aspect. I get along fine in mmos with a plain cm storm, but I do wish I had more side buttons sometimes..

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 06:06:44 »
Just as I thought I almost had a satisfying collection of mice they release this...
Doesn't look like a mouse I'd use as my main mouse, but still a mouse I want and probably a more reliable alternative to the Naga. Though I still want a Naga as well...

Offline RotaryFist

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 24 June 2012, 16:22:35 »
The razer naga was kind of a fug looking mouse to me. I never thought I would need that many buttons but I guess I am wrong. Now I find myself wanting to bind everything to mouse keys. I wasn't interested in the naga because it was obviously a paml grip style mouse. I use a cm storm one because I use the claw grip and it was a smaller mouse that I could find for gaming. I was about to buy a cyborg rat because I needed a small mouse and I figured I could adjust that one. The g600 looks kind of small. I would have to check it out at the store or something. Next to the dude in the video's hand it seems like it could be a perfect size for me. But who knows. I have to look for more videos of people holding this mouse until I can touch one... hahahah

[video=youtube;orlGt1g7UXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orlGt1g7UXE[/video]

Offline kalrykh

Re: Logitech G600 - The Naga Killer?
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 28 July 2012, 09:28:13 »
Just picked one of these up.  Seems to be a bit more comfortable, at least for me, than the naga I've been using for the past 2 years.  The contour of the thumb buttons makes them much easier to locate by feel.  I expect similar performance and use.  I picked this up because I'm accustomed to better quality and customer service with logitech.  When I say I've been using the naga for the past 2 years, what I really mean is "a" naga.  I've had to replace it twice.  My experience with logitech build quality leads me to believe I won't have to deal with razer's hit or miss bs :P

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 29 July 2012, 07:14:02 »
Just picked one of these up.  Seems to be a bit more comfortable, at least for me, than the naga I've been using for the past 2 years.  The contour of the thumb buttons makes them much easier to locate by feel.  I expect similar performance and use.  I picked this up because I'm accustomed to better quality and customer service with logitech.  When I say I've been using the naga for the past 2 years, what I really mean is "a" naga.  I've had to replace it twice.  My experience with logitech build quality leads me to believe I won't have to deal with razer's hit or miss bs :P
Could you take a picture for size comparison between naga & G600? Like length, height compares ... etc. Thank you in advance :)

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 29 July 2012, 07:19:25 »
It looks good but no free scroll option? GTFO.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 29 July 2012, 13:35:27 »
Problem is for RTS you don't really need all those side buttons and they come in your way. :(

Offline josh6135

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 29 July 2012, 18:49:37 »
i own both the G600 and Naga Epic. I think the Naga Epic is more comfortable and I found the buttons on the G600 way too easy to accidentally press.

Offline kalrykh

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 06:20:24 »
Newbieone, it's targeted for mmo peeps, not rts :p. as far as a size comparison...600 seems a bit bulkier. My thumb sits in the exact same place as it did on the naga.  I have a problem with the same row of buttons on both (ones closest to wrist).  If you have the razer epic, it's equivalent to that, with the largest grip attachment on the right side.   I found that I was pressing the g shift button accidentally too much.  The other problem with using that mouse button for g shift is that it stops all current mouse functions to make the second layer available.  For example, I'm using the right mouse button to turn in wow.  I use g shift to execute a command on the second layer and it stops my turning and to continue to turn I have to release the right mouse button and press it again to continue to mouse turn.  Primarily a problem in pvp on mmos, but still annoying.  I'll have to see if there's a way to make gshift not effect the regular buttons.  Until then, I've disabled the button.

Overall, feels better to me than the naga.  Fills my hand so I'm not dragging fingers on my mouse pad like I am with the naga.  Movement and acceleration/prediction feels much smoother than the naga as well, at least to me.  Who knows.  Might just be the new toy effect...liking it better than everything else until something gets to you enough to make you wanna smash it hehe. 

Offline kalrykh

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 06:21:59 »
It looks good but no free scroll option? GTFO.

At what point do you use free scroll in mmos?  People seem to forget its targeted toward a niche, and that niche isn't people who view long web pages all day :p

Offline nala

• sup son ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 09 August 2012, 13:24:59 »
I have a naga that I bought right when it came out. I played WoW back then. I need a deathadder really bad. Naga is literally useless for anything except MMOs. It's too big, and the side buttons just are uncomfortable. At least for me.
Collection: Filco Majestouch-2 TKL ~ Filco Majestouch-2 TKLRazer BlackWidowUltimate

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 09 August 2012, 13:39:17 »
I like the leds :)
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline el2k

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 12:09:13 »
I have the naga hex, the buttons are much easier to reach/press imo than the original naga.

This mouse is just a pure copy though?
sc00pz for life

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 15:45:12 »
I like the fact that the G600 is shaped like the old Wingman, tho. Wish they'd bring that back in a more traditional FPS oriented mouse

Offline JoeC

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 16:01:54 »
I have one.  It has changed my claw style grip into more of a hybrid palm grip.  Overall, I am happy with it.
Lurk Moar!!!!!

Offline Smallville

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 22:06:07 »
Does anyone know if it's a similar size to the G700? The G700 fits me perfectly and I would love having more thumb buttons for MMOs

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 22:08:32 »
Ive got one and i love it i just wish it had all the same functions my G700 has.