Author Topic: [IC] GMK Red Alert - March 5 to April 9, 2021 on Mechs & Co 🔴🟤  (Read 78131 times)

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
Re: [IC] GMK Red Alert - the classic returns 🔴🟤
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 05:49:11 »
I think you're right Puddsy, and in that spirit I've pared back my novelty ideas. This will instead become an Extension Kit, looking something like this

Show Image

Your idea of going with full English (UK) over ISO in the base kit and get full support for English (US) over ISO (terminal style) in the extension kit is actually pretty good.

The only key I'm missing is... Pause. Yes, I know replacing it for Break is your identifying quirk, but having the former available is nevertheless desirable (IMNAAHO). I think it would be a good addition to the extension kit.

P.S.: my wallet is crying again.

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 05:54:34 »
In an unrelated note, I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned that the numpad has an R2-R3 2U numpad+ key, but not the 1U replacements (R2 - and R3 + (*)) for some systems.

Offline break

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 08:15:10 »
I think you're right Puddsy, and in that spirit I've pared back my novelty ideas. This will instead become an Extension Kit, looking something like this

Show Image

Your idea of going with full English (UK) over ISO in the base kit and get full support for English (US) over ISO (terminal style) in the extension kit is actually pretty good.

The only key I'm missing is... Pause. Yes, I know replacing it for Break is your identifying quirk, but having the former available is nevertheless desirable (IMNAAHO). I think it would be a good addition to the extension kit.

P.S.: my wallet is crying again.

Full credit to konstantin (and your great website, honestly) for helping me learn about ISO layouts, and to Jampot for reminding me that, in fact, 6 keys are greater than 2, and moving UK-ISO into base would lower the extension kit cost.

As for “Break,” I’m actually conflicted about keeping it. Haha great designer pun, sure, but I don’t know that it actually fits my goal for this set. I want folks to access a set they’ve been missing for years with standard caps. I’ll think about this.

In an unrelated note, I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned that the numpad has an R2-R3 2U numpad+ key, but not the 1U replacements (R2 - and R3 + (*)) for some systems.

Oops. Still working out my KLE workflow in the absence of a go-to Renderman for this project. I’ve fixed that. Great catch, thanks.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 13:36:22 »
Keep Break key somewhere. Would love a red Rama cherry.

Offline keyosc

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 14:40:09 »
Man, I love the idea of the Break key—it's a nice subtle signature on this. I totally get why the Pause key is important, though, especially if this is a "restoration" of a historical set. I'm all over the place on this one, so I get it, but hopefully you can offer both!

Offline break

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 14:50:58 »
Man, I love the idea of the Break key—it's a nice subtle signature on this. I totally get why the Pause key is important, though, especially if this is a "restoration" of a historical set. I'm all over the place on this one, so I get it, but hopefully you can offer both!

Keep Break key somewhere. Would love a red Rama cherry.

Thank you both. I'm deciding between keeping it in the base kit or moving it to extension. I'd like to keep it in the GB somewhere, though. :)

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 15:45:20 »
You could move 'Break' to the compute kit and have a traditional pause key in the base kit.

Offline break

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 15:49:42 »
You could move 'Break' to the compute kit and have a traditional pause key in the base kit.

Yeah! That's the current idea, although I'll sleep on it before deciding.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 17:00:59 »
Extension kit is looking fire. I'm glad split spacebars made it in there. Only means I won't be getting them from og spacekeys r2 :cool:

Would you consider adding a single r5 1.5 fn or function key to the extension? That would make it truly endgame (at least for me), but will be picking up every kit regardless and that rama cherry cap if it makes it through :p

Offline megaforce

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 19:01:04 »
Hangul add on kit bro
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 02:06:41 »

Offline break

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 18:19:40 »
Announcing the first vendor for GMK Red Alert: Monokei for SEA.

Really happy to offer this set alongside their amazing keyboards, as well as keyset GBs from other amazing folks.

Extension kit is looking fire. I'm glad split spacebars made it in there. Only means I won't be getting them from og spacekeys r2 :cool:

Would you consider adding a single r5 1.5 fn or function key to the extension? That would make it truly endgame (at least for me), but will be picking up every kit regardless and that rama cherry cap if it makes it through :p

I’ll consider it. You’d prefer this over a R5 1.5u Super key?

Hangul add on kit bro

ohhh yeesss +1

No Hangul planned here folks, sorry. I do have another idea you might like...

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 00:59:32 »
Either or works fine. I mainly use one super key and one fn key, not sure about how others use their bottom row. Thanks for considering!

Offline break

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 02:14:47 »
After working on a few artisan collabs, I'm excited to announce that

TRMK Caps
Sodie Caps
Prime Caps
Fraktal Caps

will be collaborating with us on GMK Red Alert.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2020, 08:37:14 by break »

Offline break

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 01:40:35 »
Some exciting news: I designed this Salvador, and Alpha Keycaps will run it around GB time. :D

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 01:44:35 »
Some exciting news: I designed this Salvador, and Alpha Keycaps will run it around GB time. :D

Show Image

POG

the way to my beige-loving heart

Offline break

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 01:51:50 »

Show Image

POG

the way to my beige-loving heart

Beige all day-ge

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 06:52:06 »
I guess maybe it’s generational. When I hear GMK red alert I immediately think Tesla coils and command and conquer. Or being yelled at by my mother when she found out I’ve been using it to do multiplayer with my next door neighbor for the last three hours and when she picks it up and yells into it our three hour game gets interrupted and we never would find out who wins. Neither of us liked to rush but it was just a matter of time before one of our parents realized we were blocking the phone line. You know back in the days of dial up and no cell phones. Napster. But this is a cool red alert too.

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 11:19:56 »
Of course it's generational. Whenever I hear "red alert", my mind notes that there's no swimming in the heavy water and no singing in the acid rain. ;D

The world weighs on my shoulders, but what am I to do?

Offline Onnimar

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 13:34:26 »
Yes please! Count me in

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] GMK Red Alert - the classic returns
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 15:55:58 »
Some thoughts on the updated kitting:
  • The OP promises 40s support in the base kit, but I don't see any? :D I guess you relegated it to the extension kit.
  • Perhaps you intended to use R2 Out, R3 Data for 40s support? But the keys currently in the kit are R3, R4; they need to be R2, R3 for this to work. The R3, R4 keys should be changed back to PgUp, PgDn.
  • Didn't this set use to have System instead of Super? Sad to see System go; it paired really well with AltGr. But Super is fine too, I guess.
  • Mod-colored isn't a must, imo.
  • R1 Other in the extension kit isn't a must either (unless this is some sort of icon novelty?).
  • Maybe it isn't necessary to have both accent and non-accent Cherry Enters.
  • The extension kit will need a R3 1.25u key for 40s support. Tab is the most common option.
  • I suggest adding the following R4 Shift keys to extension: 1u (ortho & 60% w/ arrows), 2u (60% w/ arrows), 2.25u (660 layouts).
    Alternatively, you could add 2.25u Shift to base instead, in which case it will have basic Alice support without needing to get extension, since the second B is also in base.
  • 1.75u space is an obscure size that's only used by two or three 40% boards (Vortex Core, JD40/45). You'd be better of replacing it with 2× 1u space, which are a must for ortho. 1u space is also useful for Alice boards.
  • Accent Break could be moved to extension.
  • Changing the second 1.5u Super/System key to Fn is an okay change to make.

Keep it up!

Edit: updated some suggestions
Edit2: more updates
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 August 2020, 16:22:01 by konstantin »

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 20:54:03 »
Just got a board that requires this. I’m in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline break

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 23:40:41 »
Yes please! Count me in

Just got a board that requires this. I’m in!

Thanks for joining me. :)

I guess maybe it’s generational. When I hear GMK red alert I immediately think Tesla coils and command and conquer. Or being yelled at by my mother when she found out I’ve been using it to do multiplayer with my next door neighbor for the last three hours and when she picks it up and yells into it our three hour game gets interrupted and we never would find out who wins. Neither of us liked to rush but it was just a matter of time before one of our parents realized we were blocking the phone line. You know back in the days of dial up and no cell phones. Napster. But this is a cool red alert too.

Red Alert is what you make of it.

Some thoughts on the updated kitting:
  • The OP promises 40s support in the base kit, but I don't see any? :D I guess you relegated it to the extension kit.
  • Perhaps you intended to use R2 Out, R3 Data for 40s support? But the keys currently in the kit are R3, R4; they need to be R2, R3 for this to work. The R3, R4 keys should be changed back to PgUp, PgDn.
  • Didn't this set use to have System instead of Super? Sad to see System go; it paired really well with AltGr. But Super is fine too, I guess.
  • Mod-colored isn't a must, imo.
  • R1 Other in the extension kit isn't a must either (unless this is some sort of icon novelty?).
  • Maybe it isn't necessary to have both accent and non-accent Cherry Enters.
  • The extension kit will need a R3 1.25u key for 40s support. Tab is the most common option.
  • I suggest adding the following R4 Shift keys to extension: 1u (ortho & 60% w/ arrows), 2u (60% w/ arrows), 2.25u (660 layouts).
    Alternatively, you could add 2.25u Shift to base instead, in which case it will have basic Alice support without needing to get extension, since the second B is also in base.
  • 1.75u space is an obscure size that's only used by two or three 40% boards (Vortex Core, JD40/45). You'd be better of replacing it with 2× 1u space, which are a must for ortho. 1u space is also useful for Alice boards.
  • Accent Break could be moved to extension.
  • Changing the second 1.5u Super/System key to Fn is an okay change to make.

Keep it up!

Edit: updated some suggestions
Edit2: more updates

Thanks for the thoughtful replies as always, konstantin. I have made a few kit changes but haven’t shared them here. Excuse the crappy renders, my rendering contact is extremely backed up.

Responses for you:

• Correct, I moved 40s to Extension to instead support UK-ISO in base. I will update that.
  • I got Out and Data backwards! I’ll fix them in a future update.
  • Other was a surprise novelty I have dropped.
  • All Cherry enter accents have been dropped for now.
  • Will add your recommended Shifts, R3 and spacekeys. Will also drop 1.75u space.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 August 2020, 00:06:34 by break »

Offline break

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 23:48:03 »
What do you all think of a

Red Crimson Cyrillic Kit

??

I was inspired by a proposed artisan collaboration (more soon there!), and Tom/tvaro was gracious enough to approve my using the Cyrillic molds he will create for his GMK Cyrillic Beige add-on kit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 August 2020, 00:12:43 by break »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 02:45:56 »

Red Crimson Cyrillic Kit

Show Image

??

I was inspired by a proposed artisan collaboration (more soon there!), and Tom/tvaro was gracious enough to approve my using the Cyrillic molds he will create for his GMK Cyrillic Beige add-on kit.

Not sure how to put this, but...

YES

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 02:52:42 »
 :cool: count me in

Offline break

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 12:42:30 »

Red Crimson Cyrillic Kit

Show Image

??

Not sure how to put this, but...

YES

I was honestly most interested in your feedback on this. Happy to hear it. :)

:cool: count me in

LETS GOOOOOO

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 13:26:41 »
Man this was the first set I wanted to get back in the day. I’ll have to cop for sure.

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 11:42:50 »
This one is a must-buy for me. It hardly ever pops up on the aftermarket so I'm super happy. Love the colour change too.

Offline dallman5

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 11:45:35 »
+1 for Cyrillic kit
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline break

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 07:13:57 »
Yohan coming through yet again

Offline udller

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 08:12:34 »
having a red delete key in the og numbers kit would be cool for 65% users. im intereseted to see what novelties this set will have.

i love red sets.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 12:22:24 »
I really want a set of this. Classic.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline break

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 08:07:07 »
The Salvador I designed for GMK Red Alert, Yuri Salvador, will be available in tonight’s Alpha Keycaps raffle at 10:30pm ET. Here’s the full raffle menu: https://imgur.com/a/8ndsLIl

Offline mech0nly

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 06:23:59 »
Text icon mods + R5?? take my money bruh.
356CL DGE | 356mini | 360C | G81-3000SAT | G81-3000SAU | G81-3077SAU | ESA-3000-HASRO | G80-3000LPCXY-2 | G80-3485LWNUS-2 | 55g HHKB

Offline pointer

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 18:44:57 »

Red Crimson Cyrillic Kit

Perfect! Exactly what I'm looking for. Cant wait for GB

Offline break

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 23:34:06 »

Red Crimson Cyrillic Kit

Perfect! Exactly what I'm looking for. Cant wait for GB

Thank you both!! ♥️

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 04:42:10 »
yeee cyrilliccc

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:23:05 »

Yeah this pretty much. Oh and it's beige and there's Cyrillic? Yup I'm DONE. Sign me up.

Hopefully we can get Daily Clack as Oceania vendor.

Offline break

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:43:26 »
I will be on vacation starting Sunday for two weeks, and not around too often to answer Qs. RA continues moving along in the background. Hope you all are doing well and keeping safe!

Offline break

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 11:53:54 »
GMK apparently heard I was going on vacation, because they just sent over the first round of quotes. I will adjust the base kit by a couple of keys, but do not plan to remove UK-ISO. Planned changes:

• Moving second B to Extension kit
  • Dropping F13 (it was duplicated, oops).
  • Deleting second numpad 5, only offering barred.

Does anyone want to see a 00 numpad key?

Aside from quotes, render work continues. We're at the final steps before announcing a bunch of news. :)

Offline Dafraz117

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 11:55:07 »
GMK apparently heard I was going on vacation, because they just sent over the first round of quotes. I will adjust the base kit by a couple of keys, but do not plan to remove UK-ISO. Otherwise, render work continues. We're at the final steps before announcing a bunch of news. :)
Excited! Have a nice vacation too.

Offline break

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 12:01:56 »
GMK apparently heard I was going on vacation, because they just sent over the first round of quotes. I will adjust the base kit by a couple of keys, but do not plan to remove UK-ISO. Otherwise, render work continues. We're at the final steps before announcing a bunch of news. :)
Excited! Have a nice vacation too.

Hey, thank you! Really looking forward to time off. Hope you're well and safe.

Offline break

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 15:57:02 »
Hi folks! Kitting is finalized in the original post. Take a look and let me know if anything looks ridiculous.

More news very very soon.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 19:44:49 »
Hi folks! Kitting is finalized in the original post. Take a look and let me know if anything looks ridiculous.

More news very very soon.

Hey there! I had a few thoughts on the updated kits that I'd like to share :)

I would recommend changing Scroll to Scroll↲Lock if you're going the full OG route with the legends. Or, if you don't want to do that, change all of the two-line legends to single-line. Either way, it would be good to have consistency, both visual and synchronistic. As a matter of fact, I would argue that Page↲Up, Page↲Down should be changed to Pg Up, Pg Dn either way because that's how OG sets did it, and because it matches the rest of the legends better visually.

Is the omission of a scooped homing numpad 5 key in base a conscious choice?

I believe that ISO-UK keys are not worth including in base because too few people use them to justify even a $5 increase in the price of the base kit (which is approx. what you're looking at currently). These keys may be better suited for the extension kit. Your call.

I think that Break is a cool novelty to include in base in place of the Pause key, seeing as it's your username, but having it as an extra key in the extension kit sort of misses the point, imo. I would either change Pause to Break in base, or remove the key from extension altogether.

The extension kit is crucially missing R5 1u Lower, Raise, 2× 1u space and R4 1u Shift keys needed for 40% ortho boards.
The lack of Shift could be worked around by changing the R4 1u End key in base to Data as described in this post (although in that case I would actually also change the R4 1u Enter in the extension kit to Shift).

I recommend removing 1.75u space from the extension kit because the few 40% boards that use it are not very common or popular. You seem to be going for basic, albeit solid 40% support here, and there are more important 40% keys (such as those listed above) that could be included instead of 1.75u space.

The extension kit will also need a R5 1u Alt key to pair with the two 1.5u Supers. Otherwise, these won't really be usable.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the point behind the R5 1u Cherry icon key? Not only that, but this key would also require a new mold to be created because R1–R4 1u molds can't be reused on R0 and R5, and I doubt that GMK has a R5 Cherry icon mold. I suggest removing this key.

I think there were a few more things that I wanted to mention, but they're evading me at the moment. I'll add them later if they come back to me :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 October 2020, 19:49:44 by konstantin »

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 21:18:25 »
I would recommend changing Scroll to Scroll↲Lock if you're going the full OG route with the legends. Or, if you don't want to do that, change all of the two-line legends to single-line. Either way, it would be good to have consistency, both visual and synchronistic. As a matter of fact, I would argue that Page↲Up, Page↲Down should be changed to Pg Up, Pg Dn either way because that's how OG sets did it, and because it matches the rest of the legends better visually.

I agree with this statement and the R5 cherry icon. Having one line print, scroll and pause just visually looks odd with the num lock and the page up page down. Plus the led caps are double line in the renders.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 October 2020, 21:20:01 by wholypantalones »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 07:42:31 »
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the ISO being included in the base set.  This should happen with all sets as it only adds a tiny amount of extra cost but covers a multitude of countries.  Eventually everyone will learn how much better ISO actually is to use every day. :)
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 17:56:24 »
Hangul add on kit bro

My man's megaforce always with the great ideas :3

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 02:39:44 »
In fact for the R5 cherry key, I'd suggest there being two instead of one, to substitute for the Win key positions for a 7u no blocker bottom row.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 03:01:34 »
Seconding Lightning's point to include two (2) R5 Cherry keys in place of both Supers.

Also, Out and Read kind of a waste and ruin it for 65% users.