Author Topic: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy  (Read 1221112 times)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy
« Reply #1350 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 23:26:09 »
Show Image

PURDY

Damn beautiful! I wish I was able to get my hands on the flat acrylic bottom, I'm sure a lot of people weren't expecting it to look this good. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1351 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 23:28:33 »
I wish my diodes could here faster

Sorry :( If i had known we need them beforehand, you wouldn't had to wait now.
We need diodes? ? ?

Only for alps

Offline R1N3

« Reply #1352 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 23:29:25 »
I wish my diodes could here faster

Sorry :( If i had known we need them beforehand, you wouldn't had to wait now.
We need diodes? ? ?

Only for alps
Confirmed. Ty <3

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1353 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 23:36:48 »
Show Image

PURDY

Damn beautiful! I wish I was able to get my hands on the flat acrylic bottom, I'm sure a lot of people weren't expecting it to look this good. :thumb:

yeah it looks great tbh I think I prefer the flat acrylic bottom than to the other bottoms.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1354 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 00:41:40 »
There needs to be pictures in here, since I haven't shared in awhile:

Orion v2 with Zealios by Steve N, on Flickr

Orion v2 w/OTD Red Alert by Steve N, on Flickr

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1355 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 12:38:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

sex

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #1356 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:19:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

That red alert looks great on the black top  :thumb: :thumb:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1357 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:23:46 »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1358 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:40:10 »
Anyone have a guide on the keyboard software. I am having trouble getting this thing to work. I was able to get it working on the duck eagle a couple months ago but now I can't get it to work.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1359 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:41:00 »

Anyone have a guide on the keyboard software. I am having trouble getting this thing to work. I was able to get it working on the duck eagle a couple months ago but now I can't get it to work.

I had a viper and got everything to work if you wanna pm me I'll try to help

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1360 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:48:44 »

Other than Duck's page listing all the functionalities I don't think there is a guide. http://duck0113.tistory.com/124

I'm also more than willing to help out if you want to shoot me a PM, I got mine working rather quickly and like to think that I got the hang of the software by now.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1361 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 17:09:41 »

I had a viper and got everything to work if you wanna pm me I'll try to help

Other than Duck's page listing all the functionalities I don't think there is a guide. http://duck0113.tistory.com/124

I'm also more than willing to help out if you want to shoot me a PM, I got mine working rather quickly and like to think that I got the hang of the software by now.

just found http://www.adamfalwell.com/projects/octagon/assets/-simplified-guide--duck-pcb-flash-firmware---keymapping.docx

ill try to see if I can get it going

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1362 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 17:21:49 »

just found http://www.adamfalwell.com/projects/octagon/assets/-simplified-guide--duck-pcb-flash-firmware---keymapping.docx

Awesome, I actually didn't know that exists. One thing I forgot that may help, when I was having trouble getting the hex files to save. If you make a txt file first with the same name then it allows you save the hex file over it. I don't know if everybody was experiencing this problem but it occurred for me.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1363 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 18:20:55 »

Awesome, I actually didn't know that exists. One thing I forgot that may help, when I was having trouble getting the hex files to save. If you make a txt file first with the same name then it allows you save the hex file over it. I don't know if everybody was experiencing this problem but it occurred for me.
Think I could use a korean version of window in vmware to overcome the arrow keys issue

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #1364 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 18:30:22 »
In the octagon thread, there is a workaround with using microsoft app locale. Doesnt work with Windows 10 tho.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1365 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 19:19:52 »
In the octagon thread, there is a workaround with using microsoft app locale. Doesnt work with Windows 10 tho.

got it to work  :thumb:

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1366 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 20:36:06 »
Been rebuilding broken alps switches so I have enough.  It's working in my favor so far.  It's good to have extra parts

« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:08:05 by alienman82 »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1367 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 20:41:03 »
if anyone wants to sell an extra pcb i'd gladly buy it off you! pm please

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #1368 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 07:13:03 »
DONE! Man this took me forever to finish. I was doing everything in fine detail. I am having an issue with my print screen button going off hundreds of times in seconds any ideas?

The LED's were going to be temporary because I didn't have enough of cyan but I really love how the colors mix. Also the TA set looked ugly at first but now it is love at first sight on the orion

Show Image

Looks awesome, congratz. Now to go looking for feng's cyan. :D

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1369 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 11:21:46 »
Mine finally surfaced at the customs today (9 days later).
Just to make sure - it was posted from an individual, right? Not a business?

Asking because individual == i can use the paypal/bank statement as proof of purchase; whereas for a business PoP == invoice.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1370 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 11:30:22 »

Asking because individual == i can use the paypal/bank statement as proof of purchase; whereas for a business PoP == invoice.

from memory pretty such it was a person

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1371 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 12:22:11 »

from memory pretty such it was a person

No says mycnc co

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1372 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:50:24 »

Diodes all damn day

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1373 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 19:59:07 »

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1374 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:01:18 »

No says mycnc co

Show Image

Excellent, thank you.
If the package contains the invoice, that means less days of back and forth with the customs.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1375 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:13:26 »
well after a couple hours of using lubed gateron blacks I regret them. I think I just prefer tactile switches.
I think I over lubed my switches which made them feel buttery. Anyways I am going to desolder and replace them with 65g zealios 

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1376 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:14:02 »

well after a couple hours of using lubed gateron blacks I regret them. I think I just prefer tactile switches.
I think I over lubed my switches which made them feel buttery. Anyways I am going to desolder and replace them with 65g zealios

Which plate do you have?

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1377 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:20:47 »

Which plate do you have?
steel

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1378 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:34:17 »

Nothing is worse than soldering up a whole board and then not liking the switches. I can definitely vouch for the 65g Tactile Zealios though, I have those in my Orion and love them, I do however have a plastic plate but that muffles the sound and gives a little more tactility. Best of luck and take your time, don't want to ruin a good PCB. :thumb:

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1379 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:45:33 »

Nothing is worse than soldering up a whole board and then not liking the switches. I can definitely vouch for the 65g Tactile Zealios though, I have those in my Orion and love them, I do however have a plastic plate but that muffles the sound and gives a little more tactility. Best of luck and take your time, don't want to ruin a good PCB. :thumb:

yeah I am definitely being very careful with my pcb but dam this solder sucker makes my life much easier. The only trouble is the tiny led holes the solder becomes solid way too quick.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:48:27 by appleonama »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1380 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:48:11 »

yeah I am definitely being very careful with my pcb but dam this solder sucker makes my life much easier.

Yeah mine has treated me quite well. I had to de-solder both Pok3rs since the LED holes came pre-filled, and then after finishing soldering up one board I saw that Vortex posted that you need to put the LEDs in the opposite polarity of what the PCB says...

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1381 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:49:44 »

yeah I am definitely being very careful with my pcb but dam this solder sucker makes my life much easier.

Yeah mine has treated me quite well. I had to de-solder both Pok3rs since the LED holes came pre-filled, and then after finishing soldering up one board I saw that Vortex posted that you need to put the LEDs in the opposite polarity of what the PCB says...

oh man that sucks... The only issue I am having is getting the solder out of the tiny led holes. The solder becomes solid way too quick.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1382 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:51:09 »

oh man that sucks... The only issue I am having is getting the solder out of the tiny led holes. The solder becomes solid way too quick.

Yeah the LED holes are the trickiest of them all, I always found it best to get a good bit of solder on them(add some more if need be) and then that helps get it all at once.

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1383 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 22:33:12 »
Can vouch for the add-more-solder-method.
Saved my ass a ton of times.

Just be careful not to get the solder flow through to the other side of the board and pool up in a blob there.
If it does, try sucking from that side.

What i also sometimes do before adding more solder is slathering the top side with flux.
That will make any added solder prefer to spread (lower surface tension) on that side, in turn making it easier to heat up and keeping it hot long enough to suck.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1384 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 01:13:13 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1385 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 01:17:32 »
Show Image
Show Image

pretty. :)  so the bottom half is acrylic?
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #1386 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 01:19:15 »
Show Image
Show Image

That looks awesome! As someone who hasn't used alps but is alps-curious I'm kicking myself for not getting the alps add on :mad:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1387 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 01:19:32 »

Show Image
Show Image

Thanks!  Yes bottom is acrylic.  The blue alps in this baby have me quite the trouble had to repair a good 15 of them.  Much headache.  Actually ripped a trace by accident.  And soldered 84 smd diodes.  Worked a lot today but I am happy it all turned out ok.  Definitely never doing alps again.  **** em. Cherry all the way

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1388 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 01:20:24 »

Show Image
Show Image

That looks awesome! As someone who hasn't used alps but is alps-curious I'm kicking myself for not getting the alps add on :mad:

Maybe not haha.  I'd say it's worth it but maybe not .  As long as your switches are in good shape it would be easy

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #1389 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 05:10:44 »

Show Image
Show Image

Thanks!  Yes bottom is acrylic.  The blue alps in this baby have me quite the trouble had to repair a good 15 of them.  Much headache.  Actually ripped a trace by accident.  And soldered 84 smd diodes.  Worked a lot today but I am happy it all turned out ok.  Definitely never doing alps again.  **** em. Cherry all the way

That board is pure excellence great work, i wish i was paying attention when this GB was open and joined. What was wrong with the blue alps that required them to be repaired?

Offline Jumie

« Reply #1390 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 11:30:33 »
will there be the V3 next?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1391 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 11:33:37 »
will there be the V3 next?

In probably close to two years from now, Duck's plan is to come out with the Octagon v2, then Lightsaver v3, and finally Orion v3. If each GB lasted as long as this one than that's about 9 months for each one.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1392 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 11:44:33 »

Show Image
Show Image

That board is pure excellence great work, i wish i was paying attention when this GB was open and joined. What was wrong with the blue alps that required them to be repaired?

Switches didn't register so I had to rebuild them and test with multimeter

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1393 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 15:18:18 »
It's here! It's finally here! REJOICE!

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1394 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 15:18:47 »
Bizzarre thing: postman delivered it at 8pm o_O

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1395 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:07:24 »
If anyone has a black or blue top case extra, that they'd be willing to part with, let me know.
Wouldn't mind having another color option stashed.

Yeah, yeah, i know, should've thought of that when i was ordering...
Hindsight 20/20.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1396 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:08:23 »
If anyone has a black or blue top case extra, that they'd be willing to part with, let me know.
Wouldn't mind having another color option stashed.

Yeah, yeah, i know, should've thought of that when i was ordering...
Hindsight 20/20.

I'm pretty sure the only way to get the top case is by having the buy the kit itself, the bottoms is what were the options.

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1397 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 04:25:00 »
I'm pretty sure the only way to get the top case is by having the buy the kit itself, the bottoms is what were the options.

That is correct.
I meant - in case someone bought multiple sets with the same idea (having more options to mix and match w/ a PCB spare; as opposed to assembling multiple keyboards), and then decided they don't want/need one.

However, i've just realized that all the multiple orders were for winkeyless and i've got a winkey set. So never mind after all :)

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1398 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:08:41 »
Am i the only person annoyed by the PWM flicker of the backlight LEDs (keyswitch LEDs, not the back-*side* LEDs)?
Haven't noticed it mentioned by anyone. It's pretty nasty, i'd say 60 Hz or so?

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1399 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:10:22 »
Am i the only person annoyed by the PWM flicker of the backlight LEDs (keyswitch LEDs, not the back-*side* LEDs)?
Haven't noticed it mentioned by anyone. It's pretty nasty, i'd say 60 Hz or so?

My leds are being held hostage by Seth so I haven't been able to comment on that.