Author Topic: What layout is this  (Read 3643 times)

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
What layout is this
« on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 16:45:36 »
The layout of this Zowie Celeritas keyboard has the adjacent / and \ keys and the large L shaped Return key.

Is there a way to describe a keyboard layout? I'd like to find other keyboards with this layout.

Nice layout for programming i think.
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline asura

• not a duck
Re: What layout is this
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 16:53:00 »
A modified US ISO?  Short right shift, instead of short left shift... I honestly have no idea, but yes, it does look pretty good.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 16:59:32 »
ISO? I don't think so. Big-ass enter is quite common on vintage keyboards and in Asia, but I guess it isn't part of any notable standard.

Offline TheGrey

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 17:07:36 »
its the father of the ISO enter key...as you can clearly see...note the left appendage....kidding! Tbh I've been wanting to know this too...curious to find out.  Time to lurk this thread.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 17:24:38 »
That is the exact same layout of the SteelSeries 6GV2.
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline TheGrey

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 17:49:46 »
..ahh the plot thickens...

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 08:59:48 »
summary:
so an ISO style big-ass enter with a short right shift
possibly from an Asian or Japanese physical layout.
Currently seen in the Zowie Celiritas and SteelSeries 6GV2.
nice!
I'm going to keep my eyes open for one of these perhaps older with ALPS switches as well
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 09:42:56 »
summary:
so an ISO style big-ass enter with a short right shift
possibly from an Asian or Japanese physical layout.
Currently seen in the Zowie Celiritas and SteelSeries 6GV2.
nice!
I'm going to keep my eyes open for one of these perhaps older with ALPS switches as well

Not exactly...

ISO layout is indeed characterised by a larger enter, but it looks like the shape in the image below, replacing the Enter and |\ key on ANSI boards (ANSI is the US standard). ISO boards will also have a short Left Shift as, depending on the language, there is usually an extra punctuation key next to the Left Shift. There is also an extra punctuation key to the left of the bottom half of the big Enter key. This layout is more commonly a European standard.

(Image courtesy of Deskthority)

The layout of the board in the original post is closer to ANSI, not ISO. It's basically ANSI with a big-ass Enter and the |\ key put in place of part of the usual long Right Shift.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 December 2012, 09:46:31 by jeroplane »

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.