Author Topic: Need help with identifying this board please!  (Read 2892 times)

Offline OmegaSupreme033

Need help with identifying this board please!
« on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 11:41:48 »
Hello everyone. I'm new to Geekhack so please forgive me if this has been touched on already but I can't find any info on this board and it is killing me!!!  It was sold as a 911 operator board but to me it looks like a telephone operator board. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be amazing! I have a cool project set up for this and hope someone could help! And if this is the wrong group to ask, please let me know and I'll take this down.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Need help with identifying this board please!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 04:07:06 »
Welcome to geekhack :)

Looks like there's some writing which could help identify the PCB at the top hidden behind the keycaps.  Cherry MX switches with either diodes or jumpers in the switch and as there aren't enough pins on the controller board for that big a switch matrix the chips at the top are probably I/O expanders, but can't read the text on them...

What do you want to know?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 04:11:08 »
It seems to have been custom built by those guys : https://www.access-is.com they changed name but are still going, still making custom keyboard as well, they may be able to help you out with identification. And depending on the protocol it uses might be usable with hasu's or soarer's converters (i guess you will want to assign some of those numerous extra keys).
And i guess it might have been better in keyboards that in keycaps (fairly new myself, not quite sure).
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline OmegaSupreme033

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 11:47:36 »
Thank you both for your help with this, I can provide all the pictures you want but I was just looking how it was controlled because nothing seemed to power it up.

Yui, I did send a message to Access to see if they can identify it so fingers crossed, and I had no idea about Hasu's or Soarer's converter, so thank you for that!!

And sadly I am new and did post this in the wrong forum.

Mods, could you move this for me?