Author Topic: Touchpad recommendations?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline salmo

• messmore.org
Touchpad recommendations?
« on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 09:42:11 »
I hate my laptop keyboard.  But I end up using it when working on my laptop from the couch.  I can set the laptop on an end table and use a keyboard but I hate going back to the touchpad, and using a mouse just isn't practical.

So my idea was to take one of my two GH60's and build in a touchpad to the right of the keyboard into the case (I'm using wood, because why not?).  But I need a decent touchpad that isn't huge. 

I'm not gaming or doing serious graphics, just normal web browsing, programming. etc. But I would like something reasonably sturdy and reliable.

Any recommendations?
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 June 2013, 09:54:08 by salmo »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Touchpad recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 13:08:35 »
The touchpad in my Cherry G80-11900 is by far the best one I have ever used.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 15:29:43 »
The touchpad in my Cherry G80-11900 is by far the best one I have ever used.

It sure feels quite good. However, it's not recognized as a touchpad by the system for some reason—unknown to me. Thus I can't configure stuff like scrolling. Doesn't really matter though, I prefer trackball, rollermouse or a trackpoint.

Offline salmo

• messmore.org
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 21:15:45 »
It sure feels quite good. However, it's not recognized as a touchpad by the system for some reason—unknown to me. Thus I can't configure stuff like scrolling. Doesn't really matter though, I prefer trackball, rollermouse or a trackpoint.

Out of curiosity, what OS are you running?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 05:15:02 »
GNU/Linux, but I think it's rather a hardware issue (PS/2).