Author Topic: CH Products DT225 trackball (software?)  (Read 1875 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
CH Products DT225 trackball (software?)
« on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 04:16:04 »
I've just started to use the DT225 trackball and... well, it's only a trackball. Build quality is impressive, just like I expected. OTOH sensitivity is poor, but I expected that as well. Moving the ball makes *loud* noise, I guess that's a feature, not a bug though. Anyway, I wanted to ask something about the software.

I've downloaded the Control Manager, it appears to work in Wine. However, I have absolutely no idea how to apply my remapping changes. The trackball doesn't have any on-board memory, does it? If it's so, I suppose the CM isn't necessary at all and I can use any native app for my limited needs... I have no other hardware by CH Products anyway.

Offline NamelessPFG

Re: CH Products DT225 trackball (software?)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 20:34:32 »
None of CH Products' USB devices have any onboard memory. Control Manager Scripting works entirely in software, run on the CPU.

On top of that, it sounds like you're running it in Linux through Wine. The Control Manager itself is Windows driver software; it's not meant for Linux or OS X use. (Especially when one of the major points of using the Control Manager is to manage virtual DirectInput devices for games/simulations, more specifically merging separate controllers into a single ID.)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: CH Products DT225 trackball (software?)
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 02:32:25 »
Thanks. Sounds like my intuition was right, but I couldn't find it explicitly mentioned anywhere.