Author Topic: [IC] Sanctuary Doubleshot Keyset.  (Read 118112 times)

Offline mickd

[IC] Sanctuary Doubleshot Keyset.
« Reply #550 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 08:52:11 »
Personally I don't think that would look as good. But I guess if there's a lot of interest for it, they might be able to get something done. You'll have to wait for a more official reply though :P

Offline lime

« Reply #551 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 08:55:34 »
I just received my first mechanical keyboard today and hoping to get in on this :D

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #552 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 09:20:36 »
Quote from: transcend3nt;583839
i have a recommendation to make the all the keycaps surrounding the borders of the keyboard all red

(Attachment Link) 49248[/ATTACH]

is it possible to make it as an option? or a checkered set while we're at this :)

That would look pretty bad IMO...  The interesting asymmetry of doing only the top border is what makes it work for me.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #553 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 10:01:57 »
Quote from: transcend3nt;583839
i have a recommendation to make the all the keycaps surrounding the borders of the keyboard all red

(Attachment Link) 49248[/ATTACH]

is it possible to make it as an option? or a checkered set while we're at this :)

Most likely no.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #554 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 10:42:20 »
All I'd want to change is make roman numerals in the base set, so everything is consistent... and I won't be getting the tenkey part or the red add on, so its the only way I'd be getting any roman numerals. >.>

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #555 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 10:44:27 »
So roman numerals on the black keys as well?  Seeing as how the base set includes black on red w/ roman numerals.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #556 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 11:00:42 »
Yeah.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #557 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 11:25:11 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;583928
All I'd want to change is make roman numerals in the base set, so everything is consistent... and I won't be getting the tenkey part or the red add on, so its the only way I'd be getting any roman numerals. >.>

The extra number row with roman numerals is not an add-on.

Offline mickd

« Reply #558 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 11:31:09 »
Quote from: hazeluff;583962
The extra number row with roman numerals is not an add-on.

To be honest I thought they were separate for ages too ;) At first I kept looking at each section of the base kit as an add-on.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #559 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 11:53:08 »
Oh, well that's too bad. I don't plan on using them. I stilll think it should be roman numerals for consistency.

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #560 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 14:45:13 »
Count me in for the base kit.

Offline eMps

« Reply #561 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 00:25:58 »
I assume different rows will have different profiles. If so, would you consider making a Colemak kit? :)
Colemak since Jan. 10, 2011

Offline ahoocom

« Reply #562 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 01:16:56 »
definately NO.
i'm R4 too, and i don't want make this messier like that. only 1 base kit, two options. no more! and if there is no serious problem, no change also!

p.s grey numerials are arabian, red numerials are roman. i'm pretty sure for that, also it can offer more choice for keycap installer! (i'm planning to use numerial as plaid, like Red-Black-Red-Black...)

Quote from: eMps;584593
I assume different rows will have different profiles. If so, would you consider making a Colemak kit? :)

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #563 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 01:25:51 »
Is what's posted in the OP a final version of what the keys are going to look like, or still a mockup?  I think the set is sick but it's let down by the three rows of keys above the arrows (Print Screen / Insert / Delete rows).  I would almost rather have that entire section blank than "out of character" like that
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline transcend3nt

« Reply #564 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 11:51:25 »
just wondering if it is possible to order the red caps separately from the base set? i just need the red caps that form the asymmetric shape from "~123456 ... /*-+[Enter]" (perhaps with the window keys as well since its part of them)

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #565 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 11:56:02 »
Quote from: transcend3nt;584875
just wondering if it is possible to order the red caps separately from the base set? i just need the red caps that form the asymmetric shape from "~123456 ... /*-+[Enter]" (perhaps with the window keys as well since its part of them)

Nope, Just find someone who's willing to part with those keys.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #566 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 12:03:43 »
Try talking with Ragnorock on the num-row ones, as he's already said he has no intention of using them... need to find someone else for the numpad set tho.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #567 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 18:09:59 »
Quote from: 1391401;584628
Is what's posted in the OP a final version of what the keys are going to look like, or still a mockup?  I think the set is sick but it's let down by the three rows of keys above the arrows (Print Screen / Insert / Delete rows).  I would almost rather have that entire section blank than "out of character" like that

I believe Hazeluff said that the lettering on those keys is too small for the Diablo font.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #568 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 18:48:54 »
Yeah, there is no way I'd be able to fit in the letters. And we will use standard font for those.

Offline ahoocom

« Reply #569 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 00:40:28 »
i just recieved first sample kit, include x2 'W', x2 'E' x2 'tyrael' x2 'diablo'
pictures will updated SOON!

it's even nicer then i expected.
who the hell said this is 'child-bumped' font?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #570 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 00:47:11 »
Quote from: ahoocom;586099
i just recieved first sample kit, include x2 'W', x2 'E' x2 'tyrael' x2 'diablo'

who the hell said this is 'child-bumped' font?

Excellent news!

GIVE US THE PICSSS, PRECIOUS.

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
« Reply #571 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 00:50:51 »
Quote from: ahoocom;586099

Cant wait to see!!! :)

Offline ahoocom

« Reply #572 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 02:42:18 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49452[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49453[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49454[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49455[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49456[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49457[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49458[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49459[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49460[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49461[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49462[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49463[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49464[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49465[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49466[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49467[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49468[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49469[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49470[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49471[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49472[/ATTACH]

used Red alert 2.0 and graphite for gackground, keyboard is black koala with silver plate.

enjoy!

Offline idunnosoSTFU

« Reply #573 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 04:10:17 »
Those sure look nice. :D

Offline rindorbrot

« Reply #574 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 04:15:53 »
Wow, that looks cool!
I think I like the RA/WA and GX/RA the most.

Offline Xingularity

« Reply #575 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 04:54:20 »
My faves: GB/RR for dark, and RA/GX for light (RR/GB second preference, RBV/WW third).

Are those legends different fonts, or is that just distortion due to camera angle?
Typ'n: Filco Majestouch Ninja Brown, Ducky DK9087 Blue, Ducky DK9008G2 Green
Game'n: Ducky Shine Brown

Offline CuteVoodooDoll

« Reply #576 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 07:21:53 »
I think that:

-Grey keycaps can be in any base shade shown, they look pretty much the same, but the lettering has to be RR, has better contrast than the other red shades.
-Symbol keycaps look awesome, but white tyrael and black diablo are the best. The colors i liked best for the base were RVB and RA.

Offline Mayor Winters

« Reply #577 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 17:21:18 »
Give me 15 sets, nao!

I love the GX/RR and the black over on ones.
The more keyboards we have, the more keyboards we want.

Offline Taracta

« Reply #578 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 18:11:56 »
Quote from: 1391401;584628

Maybe the R4 RETRO sysmbols for those keys?
Keyboard(s): CORSAIR Vengence K60

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #579 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 18:34:30 »
wow they really look great!  my vote would be RBV/GX and RBV/WW for the red keys, and GX/RR for the black keys!

Offline ricardox

« Reply #580 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 20:26:53 »
Can't wait for this!

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #581 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 05:41:13 »
Quote from: Xingularity;586145
My faves: GB/RR for dark, and RA/GX for light (RR/GB second preference, RBV/WW third).

Are those legends different fonts, or is that just distortion due to camera angle?

the drill size is different over the legends its a mix of 0.012 and 0.015

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #582 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 05:55:58 »
It's always hard to tell shades of colour from uncalibrated photos on an uncalibrated monitor. My preference would be for a shade in between red and orange. Not pure red, but not bright orange either – one of the last shades of orange before it becomes red. Gives it a fiery glow.

By the way, for showing photos of red, you should save the JPEG images with chroma subsampling off (1:1:1 or 4:4:4), otherwise red goes very smeary, blocky and washed out, which is happening in the red-on-grey keycap photos. IrfanView can certainly do this, as can GraphicConverter; Photoshop typically could not, but maybe Adobe have implemented that now. (I still don't know why red is so badly affected by subsampling.)
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline ahoocom

« Reply #583 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 06:50:22 »
well.. it's taken in poor light cndition, with bad camera
each of photo has different light balance.

but what i want to show from picture is just an impression of those keys.
i will post calibrated and well-shaded real color pictures if i have chance soon, but not now.

Quote from: Daniel Beardsmore;587147
It's always hard to tell shades of colour from uncalibrated photos on an uncalibrated monitor. My preference would be for a shade in between red and orange. Not pure red, but not bright orange either – one of the last shades of orange before it becomes red. Gives it a fiery glow.

By the way, for showing photos of red, you should save the JPEG images with chroma subsampling off (1:1:1 or 4:4:4), otherwise red goes very smeary, blocky and washed out, which is happening in the red-on-grey keycap photos. IrfanView can certainly do this, as can GraphicConverter; Photoshop typically could not, but maybe Adobe have implemented that now. (I still don't know why red is so badly affected by subsampling.)

Offline zulios

« Reply #584 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 14:27:55 »
They look beautiful :)
Will you consider the opportunity to offer the diable / tyrael caps separately by any chance ? I would get more of them if so.

Tipro matrix - mx black

Offline harrison

« Reply #585 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 14:52:55 »
it would have been cool to see a grey on white tyrael key... never thought to suggest this before.
[work]ducky tiger dk-9008G2, cherry mx brown|logitech performance mx
[home]corsair k70 LUX RGB, cherry mx brown|logitech G700s

Offline Xingularity

« Reply #586 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 20:34:25 »
Quote from: hazeluff;587146
the drill size is different over the legends its a mix of 0.012 and 0.015

Is that to say that there is a mix within each keycap, or that one was made with 0.012 and one with 0.015? I only ask because I found the legend on the GB/RBV "W" key very difficult to discern, even in the photos where it's mounted to the keyswitch and there's no reflection from "above".
Typ'n: Filco Majestouch Ninja Brown, Ducky DK9087 Blue, Ducky DK9008G2 Green
Game'n: Ducky Shine Brown

Offline tapk69

« Reply #587 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 05:44:21 »
the keys look very nice... i like RA/GX , dont like the orange one , because diablo is Red not orange...

Just order the keys ! its time... May 15th is aproaching

Offline ahoocom

« Reply #588 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 07:50:44 »
W used .12 drill and E used .15 drill
reason why GB/RBV W looks poor is RBV coor with grey background looks that poor as shown in picture.
so i won't use RBV color as legend.
Quote from: Xingularity;587728
Is that to say that there is a mix within each keycap, or that one was made with 0.012 and one with 0.015? I only ask because I found the legend on the GB/RBV "W" key very difficult to discern, even in the photos where it's mounted to the keyswitch and there's no reflection from "above".

Offline prava

« Reply #589 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 08:52:32 »
Any chance that the right-shift for the Noppoo could be included in the base kit? I believe many people will have to get the whole ISO which, imo, is kinda unfair because it will be probably expensive, compared to what that single key would be.

Offline ahoocom

« Reply #590 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 09:53:03 »
i will consider but ISO kit won't that expensive
Quote from: prava;588055
Any chance that the right-shift for the Noppoo could be included in the base kit? I believe many people will have to get the whole ISO which, imo, is kinda unfair because it will be probably expensive, compared to what that single key would be.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #591 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 10:10:07 »
I'm with you on this, the ISO keys for me would be just sitting here doing nothing, either include the 1800 short shift in base, or combine the current ISO addon + 1800 shift both into the base kit, that would drive the price even lower for the extra keys
Keyboardless

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #592 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 11:05:56 »

Actually if you split them, You'll realize that it gets more expensive than you thought because of the split number of orders.

Also it's not just one key you share. You also share the 1x keys to cover the bottom row 1x keys and the extra ones needed on the side.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #593 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 11:10:23 »
Quote from: tsangan;588112
I'm with you on this, the ISO keys for me would be just sitting here doing nothing, either include the 1800 short shift in base, or combine the current ISO addon + 1800 shift both into the base kit, that would drive the price even lower for the extra keys

You'd be forcing a ton more people who don't need those keys...As in on a scale of hundreds of people having ISO/1800 shifts with no use. Instead of the 50ish in the ISO set who get the extra 1800 shift. Also The ISO/Noppoo people are benefiting by having the orders combined to lower prices because these two are in general low qty orders. Also they share the 1x keys.

Offline MMB

« Reply #594 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 14:11:30 »
When can we get our grubby little hands on these? :D

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #595 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 14:19:12 »
Still months away, I believe.  The first round of prototypes was just barely finished.

Offline MMB

« Reply #596 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 14:26:24 »
Dang. I was hoping to be typing on these sexy beasts before Diablo 3 launched

:pray:

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #597 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 16:04:32 »
Remember guys, when we say soon on GH, we mean Blizzard soon. :rofl:

Offline prava

« Reply #598 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 16:40:04 »
Quote from: hazeluff;588146
Actually if you split them, You'll realize that it gets more expensive than you thought because of the split number of orders.

Also it's not just one key you share. You also share the 1x keys to cover the bottom row 1x keys and the extra ones needed on the side.

Actually, the base order has enough 1x modifiers to fit a Noppoo (you need 3), so we only need the right shift in order to make the base set work on a Noppoo. Thats exactly why I stated that It will heavily increase the cost for a Noppoo user, due to raw volume.

(as it is, the base set includes many options altogether...and a single extra key can't hurt, right?)

Offline fstop

« Reply #599 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 17:04:20 »
Maybe its a lighting issue, but all the reds look orange to me, or just way too bright in general to match the other keys in the set.

Is RBV the darkest?
CM Storm Quickfire MX Reds
CM Storm Quickfire MX Blues
Filco Majestouch-2  MX Browns
RealForce 87uw uniform 45g