Author Topic: Clack Info Thread  (Read 285921 times)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: Clack Info Thread
« Reply #950 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 23:31:47 »
That's quite different.  Even the mold seems to have been slightly different between the two.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #951 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 23:44:25 »
That's quite different.  Even the mold seems to have been slightly different between the two.

yeah the one on the left looks ancient as hell but the one on the right I got in the best condition of a clack I've ever seen... really don't know what it is. I'm more inclined to think the older looking one is EK Blue, and it looks similar to belfong's EK blue... idk.
I love Elzy

Offline Belfong

« Reply #952 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 18:40:45 »
My EK Blue is equally ancient as I got it from webbit in Deskthority though the condition is still good. It's hard to compare them in photos because photos seemed to wash them out a bit.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #953 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 19:42:36 »
On the topic of clack discoloring: UV from LED's also changes the color of UV-sensitive clacks. I've seen a clack with a super weird and bad gradient from the bottom up where the bottom of the key is super discolored because of LED exposure.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #954 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 22:11:47 »
My EK Blue is equally ancient as I got it from webbit in Deskthority though the condition is still good. It's hard to compare them in photos because photos seemed to wash them out a bit.

Ah I meant the darker one is the ancient one btw... whichever one is darker. Idk my pictures suck ofc cuz I only have spare time during the evening... maybe when the sun doesn't set so early xD
I love Elzy

Offline Belfong

« Reply #955 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 02:08:02 »
On the topic of clack discoloring: UV from LED's also changes the color of UV-sensitive clacks. I've seen a clack with a super weird and bad gradient from the bottom up where the bottom of the key is super discolored because of LED exposure.
Yikes! My fear is confirmed. I never turned on the LED because of this.

Offline PQStarLord

« Reply #956 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 08:08:40 »
There's a purple clack with a black top and white skull - maybe called skeletor.  How many of these are there?  I know someone that has one and it looks 100% real - but I thought there weren't many.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #957 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 08:13:37 »
There's a purple clack with a black top and white skull - maybe called skeletor.  How many of these are there?  I know someone that has one and it looks 100% real - but I thought there weren't many.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39794.msg1272466#msg1272466

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #958 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 08:13:38 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24466.msg469495#msg469495
This is the only place I've seen one like you describe posted, since it was posted by clack I'd assume it's real  :))

*I would assume the one in that picture is real
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 February 2017, 08:32:53 by nickheller »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #959 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 11:23:27 »
This is the only place I've seen one like you describe posted, since it was posted by clack I'd assume it's real  :))

Seems like one of the caps lost to the many voids.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #960 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 08:08:07 »
Show Image

eth0s calls it Skeletor. Clack posted 2 prototypes with Bone colored faces. This one is actually in collectors hands, has a white face, and has been called Skeletor by a huge collector. So I'm still calling it Skeletor. Unless Clack says otherwise.  :thumb:

Hey there! I'm a bit behind with the emails/PM responses, sorry. =S
I get this question a bunch and I'm not sure how the confusion started but it goes back a while. The keycap you show is NOT a "Skeletor". It was a prototype of sorts, a DM key from long ago. It's light milk purple (aka lavender milk) on P1 purple. It's likely not a white one, put it next to something that is white and you will see what I mean.
All Skeletor keys (which actually go by a different name) consist of no less than 3 colors.
Neither of the ones that I posted are bone colored, they just unfortunately look that way in the picture. They are a funky greenish yellow and... "something else"...  ;)
tbc

I thought Clack already said otherwise in here. I've had big collectors correct me for calling it Skeletor so I have my doubts. I'm ok with a provisional name but I'd still like clarification.
You thought correctly and were corrected correctly.  =)

cc out!  =)

The Ancient Clack of DooM:

Show Image

Here is a little history about this particular Clack.  AFAIK, the Clack in the pic above is a unique Clack.  There is only one.  [CC can correct me if he made more than one.]  Now, this particular Clack is the one I got from Tsangan who got it from ekw808.  Tsangan called it "skeletor".  After I owned it for a short period of time, I passed it on to Dustin.  However, from CC's post, we learned that it is in fact NOT called "skeletor", but instead it's a "prototype of sorts, a DM key from long ago", and that it's a lavender milk white skull face on a P1 purple key. 

Whatever you call it, however, I can attest from personal experience that it's WAY too powerful for one person to own for very long.  It emits a strange and powerful sensation, which is more than a little disquieting.  I wasn't ever too comfortable around it, TBH.  It really needs a new owner every so often.  If Dustin passed it on to somebody else, I can say that I understand why he did it, and that it was due to the strange power of that Clack.  Too strong.  Whoever the new owner is, I hope you can handle the mysterious power of that prototype/ DM Clack.  That Clack should definitely have a name.   I suggest that we call it the DM Clack from long, long ago; or better yet we should call it the "Ancient Clack of DooM".  Beware the Ancient Clack of DooM. 

dunno why it took me so long to realize, but DM Clack = Double Molded

Offline joey

« Reply #961 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 08:09:54 »
dunno why it took me so long to realize, but DM Clack = Double Molded

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #962 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 09:10:09 »

Yea I'd definitely want to see a pic of it apart from clack's pics