Author Topic: [GB] Duck Jetfire Kustom Keyboard - GB Closed - All Shipped!  (Read 120120 times)

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
Re: [GB] Duck Jetfire Kustom Keyboard - GB Closed - All Shipped!
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 13:03:04 »
noob question here :)

What are those led indicators for? i haven't solder any led there :)

(Attachment Link)
caps lock, scroll luck, and numlock

and the indicators on the right are layer indicators.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 May 2018, 13:05:56 by packman86 »
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline mmontess

« Reply #351 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 18:40:52 »
Hey guys, I just received a jetfire kit. Have not soldered in switches/LEDs yet

When I plug in the PCB it says "Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply" and then I need to reboot my computer before it will recognize a keyboard again.

Any idea what is going on/how I can fix it? Thanks!

Offline mmontess

« Reply #352 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 19:29:01 »

When I plug in the PCB it says "Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply" and then I need to reboot my computer before it will recognize a keyboard again.

lol, my stab screw was shorting it. disregard.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #353 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 19:34:08 »
yeah I tend to put tape over any of those where i might think it would be touching a pad regardless if i'm using LED's or whatever.
-Dana

Offline laden3

« Reply #354 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 00:51:09 »
This might not be the right place to ask but can someone point me into the right direction to solve this issue.

I finally have the time to assemble my Orion V2 and when I was examining the PCB (plugging into the PC), it says "USB device not recognized" and a random number of RGB leds will flash (blue) once after plugging in.

I have tried another PC and the same issue persists.
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline droideggs

« Reply #355 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 01:09:08 »

This might not be the right place to ask but can someone point me into the right direction to solve this issue.

I finally have the time to assemble my Orion V2 and when I was examining the PCB (plugging into the PC), it says "USB device not recognized" and a random number of RGB leds will flash (blue) once after plugging in.

You would need to install the ATm32U4DFU driver manually. I believe you can install the drivers manually by following these steps:

1. Install Atmel Flip: http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/JRE%20-%20Flip%20Installer%20-%203.4.7.112.exe
2. Open Device Manager
3. Unplug Jetfire. Hold down Home button (its the very top key above the arrow cluster), then plug the micro usb cable in. You should now be in firmware mode (underglow light should not show)
4. In Device Manager you should see ATm32U4DFU. It might show up as 'unknown usb device (device descriptor failed)
5. Right click it>Update Driver>Browse My Computer for Driver Software
6. Navigate to the USB folder inside the Flip folder you installed in step 2. It should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb
7. Click Next. The driver for ATm32U4DFU should now install.

I used qmk toolbox to flash the hex file onto the jetfire.
in order to make use of the 02d software, you have to change your Windows locale to Korea. I also had to change the windows display language to Korean as well. After I was able to use the POS 02d software.

dated guide, but should still apply for the jetfire: http://www.adamfalwell.com/projects/octagon/assets/-simplified-guide--duck-pcb-flash-firmware---keymapping.docx

you can get the latest 02d software here (latest changelog 5/11/18):
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=100301&mid=board_sw
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 May 2018, 01:12:01 by droideggs »

Offline laden3

« Reply #356 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 02:46:16 »

You would need to install the ATm32U4DFU driver manually. I believe you can install the drivers manually by following these steps:

1. Install Atmel Flip: http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/JRE%20-%20Flip%20Installer%20-%203.4.7.112.exe
2. Open Device Manager
3. Unplug Jetfire. Hold down Home button (its the very top key above the arrow cluster), then plug the micro usb cable in. You should now be in firmware mode (underglow light should not show)
4. In Device Manager you should see ATm32U4DFU. It might show up as 'unknown usb device (device descriptor failed)
5. Right click it>Update Driver>Browse My Computer for Driver Software
6. Navigate to the USB folder inside the Flip folder you installed in step 2. It should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb
7. Click Next. The driver for ATm32U4DFU should now install.

I used qmk toolbox to flash the hex file onto the jetfire.
in order to make use of the 02d software, you have to change your Windows locale to Korea. I also had to change the windows display language to Korean as well. After I was able to use the POS 02d software.

dated guide, but should still apply for the jetfire: http://www.adamfalwell.com/projects/octagon/assets/-simplified-guide--duck-pcb-flash-firmware---keymapping.docx

you can get the latest 02d software here (latest changelog 5/11/18):
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=100301&mid=board_sw

It totally works. Thank you very much.
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline kidcongo

« Reply #357 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 03:37:54 »
Here's mine with a voguish Japanese (legends) keyset...

I was a little underwhelmed when I first opened the package but I've come round to its monolithic charms.
I do like the steeper angle, I don't like the keymapping software..

Slightly pointless comparison shot with TXCP but does show the difference in angle.

Offline romeo

« Reply #358 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 22:35:54 »
I planned to use Ergo clear for my JF, unfortunately the ergo clear is infamous with pulling the stem out and the plate that goes with JF does not support open top.
So TL;DR : Default JF plate does not support open top switch and does not ergo clear- friendly, so one of my friend re-draw the plate for JF which support open top and we're working on the brass plate for JF project.
here is some pictures of the prototype , which is made by plastic to save the cost :

I've got the brass plate produced, will keep you guys posted once i got it in hand.

Offline xine007

« Reply #359 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 23:27:54 »
I planned to use Ergo clear for my JF, unfortunately the ergo clear is infamous with pulling the stem out and the plate that goes with JF does not support open top.
So TL;DR : Default JF plate does not support open top switch and does not ergo clear- friendly, so one of my friend re-draw the plate for JF which support open top and we're working on the brass plate for JF project.
here is some pictures of the prototype , which is made by plastic to save the cost :

Show Image

Show Image

I've got the brass plate produced, will keep you guys posted once i got it in hand.

Oo interesting. Now I don’t want to solder my board since I don’t have an extra PCB.

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #360 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 00:20:26 »
Any update on weight GB?
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #361 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 17:58:33 »
Hello all... IC is up for the weights:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95953.0

Offline Evilocity

Offline glack23

« Reply #363 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 20:15:20 »
Interested :). Thanks for doing this

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #364 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 20:41:14 »
edit: nothing

Offline driftingbunnies

« Reply #365 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 20:57:04 »
Will there be a R2? :)

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #366 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 21:14:35 »

Duck sometimes runs a new version of a board, but it tends to happen at least 1-2 years later

Offline romeo

« Reply #367 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 21:31:00 »
Some update from the brass plate project :

;D ;D ;D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 21:38:18 »

Duck sometimes runs a new version of a board, but it tends to happen at least 1-2 years later

this is already a v2 (blackbird), so probably won't see it again
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline YiZZo

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 22:29:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

;D ;D ;D
Looks awesome. I want one!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #370 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 13:19:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

;D ;D ;D
Looks great. Are you planning to sell this to others who is interested?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline kmeyer

« Reply #371 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 20:16:43 »
See if I can get some help here, I've been having some chattering issues with my Jetfire, namely with the space bar. I replaced the switch I had there today and it has gotten worse. Can chattering be a PCB problem? Also this program doesn't catch them all.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 June 2018, 20:19:59 by kmeyer »

Offline yookwh

« Reply #372 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 21:59:19 »
My first thought would be the switch? You'd have to swap it out with another one and test it

Offline kmeyer

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 22:16:43 »
I did. I replaced the original one I put in and it seems to be worse now with the new switch.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #374 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 22:38:11 »
Whoops, didn't see that. Mind posting a picture of the PCB?

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #375 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 07:35:44 »
Is there any way to get the files for the PCB so I can pay someone to make it instead of hunting for an extra PCB in the market?

Offline mtuanvu

« Reply #376 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 08:56:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

;D ;D ;D
wow, make a GB for it

Offline kmeyer

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 10:46:31 »
Whoops, didn't see that. Mind posting a picture of the PCB?

Here's the space bar area from left to right side. Another possibility is I could move the space switch over to the other available space for it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #378 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 10:54:22 »
Is there any way to get the files for the PCB so I can pay someone to make it instead of hunting for an extra PCB in the market?

nope
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 14:17:17 »
Hi guys, does anyone know if the LEDs sold by Zeal are compatible with this keyboard's LED indicators?
They seem a little bit too tall to fit properly.
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #380 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 22:17:27 »
Hi guys, does anyone know if the LEDs sold by Zeal are compatible with this keyboard's LED indicators?

try some 1.8mm leds, those should work

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #381 on: Sat, 16 June 2018, 15:36:54 »

Cool! Thanks for your help!

I have another question and would really appreciate it if anyone can help.
I’m having issues with my PCB, the leds on the back from 1-7 lights up but the rest don’t.
I’m guessing there is a connection problem from LED 7 to 8? But I can’t tell. I have some pictures here if one of the pros can help me out I would GREATLY appareicate it!

http://imgur.com/eWLhsKl
http://imgur.com/RKd6nNu
http://imgur.com/u8W5Iqo
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #382 on: Sat, 16 June 2018, 16:32:06 »

Cool! Thanks for your help!

I have another question and would really appreciate it if anyone can help.
I’m having issues with my PCB, the leds on the back from 1-7 lights up but the rest don’t.
I’m guessing there is a connection problem from LED 7 to 8? But I can’t tell. I have some pictures here if one of the pros can help me out I would GREATLY appareicate it!

http://imgur.com/eWLhsKl
http://imgur.com/RKd6nNu
http://imgur.com/u8W5Iqo

Very similar thing happened to mine as well. I fixed it by getting a multimeter and tracing the switch and in-switch LED pads until I found a couple dead ones. Fixed by heating up the pads with soldering iron. Easily fixed.

« Last Edit: Tue, 24 July 2018, 16:15:29 by packman86 »
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline droideggs

« Reply #383 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 16:16:58 »
having an issue where the LED underglow does not light up any longer. whenever i plug in the micro usb cable the underglow lights up for a split second then turns off. any reason for this? i restored to default firmware but issue persists.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #384 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 16:22:30 »
having an issue where the LED underglow does not light up any longer. whenever i plug in the micro usb cable the underglow lights up for a split second then turns off. any reason for this? i restored to default firmware but issue persists.

Trace your pads (LEDs and switch pads) and see if you have a loose pad. A loose connection can mess up those SMDs.

Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline droideggs

« Reply #385 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 16:33:59 »

Trace your pads (LEDs and switch pads) and see if you have a loose pad. A loose connection can mess up those SMDs.

i wouldn't know where to begin with this. some of the solder pads have been lifted (the status led indicators) so it may be due to that. but if that were the case wouldn't none of the LED underglows work? i figure this is some kind of firmware related issue.

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #386 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 17:57:51 »

i wouldn't know where to begin with this. some of the solder pads have been lifted (the status led indicators) so it may be due to that. but if that were the case wouldn't none of the LED underglows work? i figure this is some kind of firmware related issue.

just a thought...but maybe try a different Cord or USB port on your computer. I had this issue when I was trying to take pictures of my Lightsaver using an old cheesy power cord and a portable power supply. It came on for a second then went out. Using a better cord and plugging it into my computer it worked fine.

Hopefully it is that easy for you.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 21:14:21 »

Heat up the soldering iron and tap around the lifted pads. Might re-connect those pads to the PCB.
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline Chimera

« Reply #388 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 23:27:59 »
I'm getting a kit this week and am trying to decide on switches. Does the PCB have cutouts for pcb mount, and after the switches are soldered does it allow for switch top removal?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #389 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 06:53:47 »
There is no switch top opening and pcb mount is fine
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline xine007

« Reply #390 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 23:40:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

;D ;D ;D

Was wondering if you still had plans for this plate project? I'm still interested :)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #391 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 09:36:43 »
For all those tired of using O2D software, I bring good news! With many thanks to xauser and his TMK port along with ctzn_voyager for shipping me his Duck Jetfire, I successfully ported the Duck Jetfire over to QMK and is also now supported in QMK Configurator.

https://config.qmk.fm/#/duck/jetfire/LAYOUT

This has worked pretty well on my(ctzn_voyager's) Jetfire. I'd appreciate any input from other owners if you have time! Thank you very much.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #392 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 09:39:17 »
For all those tired of using O2D software, I bring good news! With many thanks to xauser and his TMK port along with ctzn_voyager for shipping me his Duck Jetfire, I successfully ported the Duck Jetfire over to QMK and is also now supported in QMK Configurator.

This has worked pretty well on my(ctzn_voyager's) Jetfire. I'd appreciate any input from other owners if you have time! Thank you very much.

You are the greatest wizard there ever was. Thank you so much!
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline Chimera

« Reply #393 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 09:52:47 »

Yes!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline YiZZo

« Reply #394 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 10:10:03 »
Good news, thx merlin!

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 02:12:09 »
Anyone experience only partial SMD Leds working? This has happened to me and I cannot figure out why the rest aren't working. Here is a picture.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #396 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 14:47:25 »
Anyone experience only partial SMD Leds working? This has happened to me and I cannot figure out why the rest aren't working. Here is a picture.

Show Image

Yes, with many boards and many RGB's.  They're wired in series.  So if one stops working, the rest after it in the chain also stop working.  Easiest way I found to fix it is to re-flow the solder on the first non-working LED in the chain or replace that LED completely. 

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #397 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 14:51:59 »
Hey guys - I got my jetfire fully assembled and working.  I also got it ported over to QMK when it was built.  My only question is: how can i control the underglow LED's? Right now they're just the standard pulsing rainbow, but I'd like to make it solid purple or pink. 

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #398 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 15:09:27 »
Hey guys - I got my jetfire fully assembled and working.  I also got it ported over to QMK when it was built.  My only question is: how can i control the underglow LED's? Right now they're just the standard pulsing rainbow, but I'd like to make it solid purple or pink.

Shoot Merlin a note, he's the one that ported it to QMK and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #399 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 13:35:13 »
Alrighty, I got mine working.  My builder never ported it to QMK, which is why what i was trying wouldn't work haha. 

Got the RGB LED keys bound to a function layer and changed the default colors in O2D to what I wanted. 

Looks like my only problem now is one LED in the front not firing up: