Author Topic: Hi Hello  (Read 1308 times)

Offline jminnieh

• thock it up
Hi Hello
« on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 22:12:45 »
Hellooo everyone! I've been lurking around /r/mk and am completely new to geekhack. I'm loving this community so far (especially since most of my friends aren't really into mech keyboards). I used to have a corsair but have since realized that there is greater and better out there. I'm temporarily using a magicforce with gateron blues while I wait for the Minivan and Planck to drop. I'll probably get mx clears or try to grab some zealios for those boards so I can use them in class or something.

Also...where does one get white jelly pom keycaps... *sigh*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hi Hello
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 01:53:42 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

MX clears are great!  Zealios are like refined clears, so you can't go wrong there :)

There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for jelly POM keycaps, however there have been some sales in the past.

There is the currently running (and somewhat overdue) group buy - assuming these are eventually produced, you might find someone who ordered a white set and wants to give up their place in the GB.

There's a vote on Massdrop - add your voice and it might eventuate: https://www.massdrop.com/vote/jelly-pom-keycap-set

They seem to pop up on eBay sometimes.

And if you can get 25 posts and membership of 2 months, you can create a WTB thread in classifieds.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ