Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1373 times)

Offline bcbishop

Hello!
« on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 18:09:17 »
Hi everyone! Bryan from LA here. I started down this path innocently enough, tracking down an old AEKII a few years ago. Then more recently, I saw some images of a colleague's Leopold fc660m, and I started digging... discovering Geekhack, /MK, and the usual haunts. Suffice it to say that I'm quickly learning how addicting this hobby is, and how much gorgeous work is out there from the community! :-)

Of course, it's looking like SA keycaps are my aesthetic obsession — at a time when a ton of amazing GB's have already closed! Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 22:33:48 »
Another one from SoCal.  The more the merrier!  Welcome aboard.  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 06:08:29 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

The best part is that something that looks so good is also completely functional.  Even if it's got blinkenlights, you can watch them, ignore them or turn them off, and it's still a perfectly functional input device.

Give your eyes something nice to look at and your fingers something nice to caress :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ