Author Topic: [GB] Pearl 40% R1 Complete - www.pearlboards.com - Thank you!  (Read 201141 times)

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
Re: [GB] Pearl 40% - Shipments arriving->Sorting->Shipping - www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 22:45:49 »

#4 checking in...

Show Image

Went with the 70g Aliaz

Oh my god dude.....wow..

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Re: [GB] Pearl 40% - Shipments arriving->Sorting->Shipping - www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #451 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 22:54:48 »
Yeah this is what i did while "working from home" tonight lol. I'll mess with QMK tomorrow if i get some time and email you my notes to make it faster to get something up. Only two tips i have are spacebar clearance is tight at the bottom, slide the plate up as high as possible and get a screw in each corner before moving on. Also it seems like the anodizing just got a little thick on the tops and when you're screwing in the plate or the base for that matter, you need to keep pressure on the screw - 1/2 twist forward, 1/4 twist back... repeat. Had no issues with the build at all. Quality is superb!

Heres the rest https://imgur.com/a/EEd6Z

-Dana

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #452 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 23:07:25 »
#4 checking in...

Show Image

Went with the 70g Aliaz
That red looks great!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #453 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 23:11:11 »
It matches the Nantucket Selectric "amnity island" red color perfectly. Unfortunately its on my realforce at work at the moment. Honeywell is too bright red. I have Led Zepplin GMK coming eventually that was ordered specifically for this board... hope that matches up.  :thumb:
-Dana

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #454 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 23:20:10 »
#4 checking in...

Show Image

Went with the 70g Aliaz

I'm quite impressed with the Aliaz switches.  I have some 60g and 70g.  They feel great.  Probably just b/c I like Gateron though :)

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #455 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 23:21:48 »
#4 checking in...

Show Image

Went with the 70g Aliaz

Had to take some nudes.

Show Image

...I'm not sure what to do from here...

Giddy as a school gurl to get my purple pearl after seeing these  :p

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #456 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 23:37:54 »
Haha! To be completely fair, page one states that you can choose different color tops and bottoms!

Didn't even know that was an option.  Nonetheless, too late for that now and still excited to receive the single color Pearl.   :))

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #457 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 23:50:55 »
#4 checking in...

Show Image

Went with the 70g Aliaz

I'm quite impressed with the Aliaz switches.  I have some 60g and 70g.  They feel great.  Probably just b/c I like Gateron though :)

In the last 48 hours i've built an m65a with 78g Zilents, as well as this Pearl with 70g Aliaz. Both lubed the way i do. The zilents definitely have more of a tactile bump but the Aliaz are very much like the heavy gateron browns that i love. I
-Dana

Offline lordgiblite

Opened mine up tonight and holy crap!! Awesome packing job Koob! Be prepare for an indepth unpacking log tomorrow. Followed hopefully by a Build log the next day :D so excited to build my #6 Pearl in it's very unique color! :D

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #459 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 00:14:24 »
Is finding out what number you are part of the excitement?  I didn't think Koob told us what number each order is getting, right?

Offline lordgiblite

Is finding out what number you are part of the excitement?  I didn't think Koob told us what number each order is getting, right?
Each weight is engraved with your order number, I was the 6th order so I got Pearl #6. Its funny bc I probably wouldve been #1 if I hadn't lost track of time that night.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #461 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 00:18:22 »
Damn what an exciting night. Wonderful to hear Lord! Also, if you want to know what # you have just ask! :]

By the way, order number doesn't necessarily line up with your weight number. zFrontier orders came in at the 70ish mark upping the weight numbers without changing the order #, and stickers and extra pcb orders randomly came in along, also padding the order numbers. People also ordered more than one Pearl under the same order number, also padding it. Thats part of why I've been working so slowly, I'm staying true to the order/weight counts, going one at a time.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 February 2018, 00:22:42 by Koobaczech »

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #462 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 00:22:41 »
Can you PM me my engraved number?  The suspense is killing me.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #463 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 00:26:13 »
Sure man, pm sent! :thumb:

Offline SynkRz

• I like caps
« Reply #464 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 02:29:52 »
Mine was shipped with the first batch of Pearls, I think I should be getting them by Monday! Really excited for my build. I think I’ll be ready once I get my Hako switches shipped.

Thank you Koob for: Designing and creating the Pearl 40%
Providing help and answering questions for everyone
Carrying out a smooth GB
Keeping everyone updated with posts and pictures
I appreciate all the hard work and effort you’ve put in this :)

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #465 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 05:36:07 »
Went ahead and ordered 60pcs of R9 78g Zealios for my Pearl. I have received no tracking information for my Pearl yet so I hope the switches arrive around the same time as my Pearl does. I do want to try Puddsy's Bsun+Clear combination at some point though. :D

Then I wait for GMK Laser to arrive so I can put it on the Pearl. :P

* ojrask goes and starts planning a keymap layout
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #466 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 06:17:46 »
Hey for anyone who plans to use Alps switches on this board, make sure to support BlindAssassin's nexus slider project if you're interested in MX caps on your Alps switches:

Most recently he's solved a way to use them on clicky alps and a clever MX to Alps stabilizer insert. 

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93403.msg2565585#msg2565585

I went and showed my support in the thread as well but I feel that the OP needs to keep things going on and stop wondering if there's enough interest. He's relating more responses in the thread to more interest in the sliders, and that's simply not true.

Now, on another matter, I'm so jelous of all of you who have already received and even built their pearls. The diffuser in the middle looks awesome

Offline Robotical

« Reply #467 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 08:37:39 »

Can't wait to see more Pearl builds!

Offline hndle

« Reply #468 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 09:40:38 »
WOW All the pearls are shining!!!!  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Fri, 23 February 2018, 09:43:20 by hndle »

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #469 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 12:35:19 »
Why can't work be over so I can go home and build my board  :'(
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #470 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 12:45:50 »
Bad news guys/girls, have ran out of packing material. Will run to the store now. That adds a 1hour delay to the GB.

Offline lordgiblite

Bad news guys/girls, have ran out of packing material. Will run to the store now. That adds a 1hour delay to the GB.
1 hour delay lol that's the shortest delay I've ever heard of :D

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #472 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 12:59:39 »
I went and showed my support in the thread as well but I feel that the OP needs to keep things going on and stop wondering if there's enough interest. He's relating more responses in the thread to more interest in the sliders, and that's simply not true.

...Not true at all actually. I have made 3 major design iterations that required me to reevaluate the interest as different versions narrowed the market significantly, which was not what I wanted. I have never "related responses to more interest", I looked for input on some of the iterations as I wanted to make a product that people were happy with.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #473 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 13:02:14 »
No idea whats going on, and I apologize, but the guy above me has created an awesome product. If you want to build your board with Alps but use Cherry Keycaps, WHICH I WANT since i have an alps Pearl core built, go ahead and join his GB when it opens! :P

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #474 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 13:04:25 »
No idea whats going on, and I apologize, but the guy above me has created an awesome product. If you want to build your board with Alps but use Cherry Keycaps, WHICH I WANT since i have an alps Pearl core built, go ahead and join his GB when it opens! :P

I tried to derail as little as possible, but I felt I needed to respond to that. Sorry Koobaczech....

But your boards look nice....that is all, lol.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #475 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 13:33:13 »
Bro please, its great seeing you on here! And honestly, i still don't know what was going on lol. Been so busy. I just pop in for the pics and updates sometimes. Appreciate it!! Please don't let me miss your GB or sale if it ever happens. I want in.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #476 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 13:38:20 »
Bro please, its great seeing you on here! And honestly, i still don't know what was going on lol. Been so busy. I just pop in for the pics and updates sometimes. Appreciate it!! Please don't let me miss your GB or sale if it ever happens. I want in.

I wont let you miss it unless you drop the ball, lol. But it will happen, just need the new prototypes.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #477 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 15:08:49 »
Dude! The packaging on this is insane. You even included a screwdriver?! You are too considerate :)

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #478 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 15:11:15 »
Dude! The packaging on this is insane. You even included a screwdriver?! You are too considerate :)
Gotta make it easy to put his next board together after all!  :))

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #479 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 17:37:55 »
Koob, you absolutely killed it with the packaging.

Finished build to come!

preliminary pic, nothing soldered yet

its final form until my new set gets in!
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 February 2018, 19:35:49 by Zanduby »

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #480 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 18:55:41 »
All this talk about the packaging, lets see it!!!!!!

Offline SBN

All this talk about the packaging, lets see it!!!!!!

This!! I want to see that packaging! :D

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #482 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 02:19:16 »
Now we're eagerly anticipating packaging pics? What a world :) Those finished boards look amazing.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #483 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 09:36:57 »
Since everyone is so crazy about knowing about the packing, heres a sample order being packed. Its nothing special, just a lot of packing to make sure its safe during its travels! Cheers

I start with a USPS Medium Flat Rate box. Use bubble wrap on the bottom

Then i place a rugged cardboard floor on it

In goes the case parts, wrapped up in paper and bubble wrap

Next the weight, same thing, but padded on the end with bubble wrap

Then the Plate and PCB/Diffuser combo. PCB is wrapped with the diffuser for rigidity

A final layer of bubble wrap

I pack your goodie bag and a small notecard visual guide manual

Final touches and your packing slip

Box sealed and shipping label ready to go inside adhesive form packet thing

Offline ricrackem

Just got mine in yesterday, waiting for switches and a few other components to come in before building it but wow......this sucker is absolutely gorgeous. The packaging was top-notch and the board feels SO quality. The love put in from Koob is so obvious in every single aspect of this GB, including the final product.

Will be building it with box navies next week, will post updated pictures then. Thanks for running a great buy, Koob and giving us the opportunity to pick up your passion project :D

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Offline eyedrop

Nice mesh wheel you got there!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #486 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 12:18:03 »
Built mine this morning. Still need to pick out a keyset but for now just threw on some enjoypbt. Also got QMK installed as well.189607-0

Offline lordgiblite

OR
« Reply #487 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 12:43:18 »
Let us know how the box switches fit on the brass plate Lord! :thumb:

For any that may be wondering, BOX Jades do in fact fit fine in the brass plate, there is not squishing of the stems and the spacebar works like a charm!

189609-0

Offline crcstig

For any that may be wondering, BOX Jades do in fact fit fine in the brass plate, there is not squishing of the stems and the spacebar works like a charm!

(Attachment Link)
Awesome, that's great to hear. I just recieved some Jades for my Silver/Brass Pearl. Can't be more hyped right now. Thanks for testing lord!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline lordgiblite

(Attachment Link)
Awesome, that's great to hear. I just recieved some Jades for my Silver/Brass Pearl. Can't be more hyped right now. Thanks for testing lord!

No problem! Just remember to lube your stabs,  if you can't I would suggest placing a different switch. It still doesn't stick but it wouldn't be as enjoyable IMO, I recommend superlube if you can find it cheap :)

Offline crcstig

« Reply #490 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 13:19:37 »

Fantastic, I have a bit of Super Lube left over from my last build. You reminded me, I might need to pick up some more for the future.

Offline Captain Shwah

« Reply #491 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 18:22:37 »
Just finished mine too ;D

Beautiful work Koob!

Offline lordgiblite

Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful work Koob!
I like that case with Plum! Great looking build :D

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #493 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 21:39:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful work Koob!

This makes me want to see what plum looks like on a purple pearl.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #494 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 23:09:01 »
Hey everyone! Have been packing orders like crazy. I expect 30-40 or even more to go out this Monday-26! Currently working on order 1065 as of this writing. Acrylic plates missed delivery today so they come in Monday. And my chest artisans have been a bit delayed as well.

Wanted to talk about 2 things real fast. The first one is interesting because someone joked about flipping their Pearl on the aftermarket. Its your Pearl, do what you want with it. Secondly an overwhelming amount of people are asking for b-stock extras. You guys need to understand that a b-stock Pearl is still someones Pearl, and i need to fix it for them. Its not getting stashed somewhere lol.

The buy hasn't been without problems as well! Had one poor fellas PCB not register a key and I had him send the PCB off to TurboKeys to repair. Another close friend of mine could not build her Pearl. Some cases are b-stock and i still need to get a final count of everything and see what i can do with them. Other orders will be delayed because of rejected weights that i already sent back. Here they are

Order  ---  Weight #
1029         25
1039         34
1047         46
1079         73

The guy with the rejected weight 28 contacted me and said it was ok if i sent him his order. So id like to give him a round of applause for being a good sport!

Finally wanted to say that I am absolutely in love with everyones builds. Each one is just as stunning. I love seeing them and it makes me so happy being tagged and stuff. Way worth all the work! Thank you all!
-Koob
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 February 2018, 23:12:13 by Koobaczech »

Offline gutsack

« Reply #495 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 00:55:43 »
The guy with the rejected weight 28 contacted me and said it was ok if i sent him his order. So id like to give him a round of applause for being a good sport!

:-*

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #496 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 15:57:04 »

This has been the WORST group buy in the history of group buys, maybe ever
 ;D ;D

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #497 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 16:02:09 »

The buy hasn't been without problems as well! Had one poor fellas PCB not register a key and I had him send the PCB off to TurboKeys to repair. Another close friend of mine could not build her Pearl. Some cases are b-stock and i still need to get a final count of everything and see what i can do with them. Other orders will be delayed because of rejected weights that i already sent back. Here they are

The problem is not that the GB has some problems, the problem comes when the runner goes to radio silence, hide things and does not look for solutions. You have not made any of those, so I wouldn't say this buy has been "stained" for those things you mention  :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb:

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #498 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 16:11:47 »

...Not true at all actually. I have made 3 major design iterations that required me to reevaluate the interest as different versions narrowed the market significantly, which was not what I wanted. I have never "related responses to more interest", I looked for input on some of the iterations as I wanted to make a product that people were happy with.

Don't want to derail this anymore but I'd like to publicly apologize myself and explain that my message was not meant as negative at all. I know I could have worded it better, but being a non-native is difficult with this kind of things. I've messaged BlindAssassin111 to apoligize and show him my honest support and help with his project.

Now, to keep on the topic, those Pearl builds look gorgeous, specially the golden with plum. Was that the golden it was supposed to be yellow? Or it was golden from the start? Just curious!

Offline Captain Shwah

« Reply #499 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 16:48:09 »
Now, to keep on the topic, those Pearl builds look gorgeous, specially the golden with plum. Was that the golden it was supposed to be yellow? Or it was golden from the start? Just curious!

Thanks! And yeah, that's how the yellow came out.