Author Topic: 3D printed gaming mouse  (Read 7394 times)

Offline piranhamousemods

3D printed gaming mouse
« on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 19:27:48 »
I 3D printed a new shell for my Logitech G305. The shape is copied from the Endgame Xm1

Offline jamster

Re: 3D printed gaming mouse
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 01:02:22 »
Hah, that is great! Is it hard to get a smooth finish with 3D printing?

Offline vvp

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 05:37:08 »
That shell actually looks like it may be a good idea. Less sweating and one possibly can clean the dirt accumulated inside with vacuum cleaner or compressed air. Well, there may be problem with accumulating of a sticky mixture of sweat, dust and dead skin fragments from the inside near the hole openings. So occasional disassembly for cleaning may still be needed.
Anyway I like it.

Offline Crabby

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 04:39:39 »
That shell actually looks like it may be a good idea. Less sweating and one possibly can clean the dirt accumulated inside with vacuum cleaner or compressed air. Well, there may be problem with accumulating of a sticky mixture of sweat, dust and dead skin fragments from the inside near the hole openings. So occasional disassembly for cleaning may still be needed.
Anyway I like it.
The idea I believe is to reduce weight I believe.

Offline cheater

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 18:03:51 »
have you considered a new controller for it? I wonder if QMK could do the job.

Offline moosekeyboards

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 09:21:26 »
that looks like it let's you breathe super nice

Offline jsnow77

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 12:22:11 »
This is very cool idea and would be a great way to get a customized mouse for your hand/grip. I am wondering about would different materials in the printer promote different textures and finishes for the shell? I prefer glossy mice and I might have to try printing a shell at my university's printer because this seems like a great idea.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 06:40:08 »
I am wondering about would different materials in the printer promote different textures and finishes for the shell?
Not just different materials.
Layer height, type of printer, temp, print speed or even the filament brand can alter the surface finish of a 3d printed object and that assumes the same type of plastic. There's many types of plastic, a few adatives like carbon fiber, wood and metals and then you get blends like Polycarbonate/ABS mix.

PLA can feel smooth line shined ABS caps or rough PBT but very hard, Nylon tends to feel softer, PETG feels waxy.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion