Author Topic: Best way to solder wires on teensy?  (Read 4399 times)

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
Best way to solder wires on teensy?
« on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 05:19:29 »
I know that while hardwiring a keyboard, you can just solder the wires directly on the keyboard.
However, I am sure that is not the best way you can do it.
Could anyone post some pictures or give some idea to how to connect the wires with the teensy?
Also, is it possible to make a wire with some kind of head to connect with the teensy, to make it removable?

Offline jacobolus

Re: Best way to solder wires on teensy?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 05:44:08 »
You can definitely attach header pins to your Teensy if you want (the PJRC store will even sell you one with the header pins soldered on), and then use little jumper wires with female connectors on the ends to avoid some soldering and keep them removable. If you plan to change around what the wires are plugged into a bunch, e.g. when prototyping, that’s not an unreasonable thing to do (though it’s also not necessary).

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 08:03:35 »
Do you have the Teensy already? Is it with or without pins?

I recommend pins, it takes up more volume but adds versatility if you like breadboards.

My "Harry's ANSI mod" guide shows some photos. This may help:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58941.msg1348717#msg1348717

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 July 2014, 08:45:36 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 04:01:29 »
Just put a slightly larger blob on the teensy, coat the wire with some solder and heat it up. Helps if you keep doing it on one side only. After checking to ensure that there aren't any shorts, you can then put some glue gun blobs to make sure the movements doesn't cause any potential shorts in the future.