Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9742968 times)

Offline Hoffman@Drop

• HoffmanMyster @ Drop
  • * Vendor
    • Drop
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #5950 on: Thu, 27 October 2022, 08:38:33 »
To the 20-30 individuals still waiting for this set to ship to them -

Drop recently obtained permission to create a Hyperfuse set in DCX profile. Although this buy is unrelated to us, we would like to do what we can to help wrap the whole situation up for all involved. We’re working to get a list of all GB participants who have not received their sets, and will ship them a DCX Hyperfuse set free of charge. It’s not the product that you ordered, we understand that. It is the best thing we can do to try to right the wrong of the last 8 years.

Also, some quick clarifying notes.
1. If we are unable to gather a list of outstanding orders, we will need to rely on customers coming to us and providing info in order for us to ship out; if it comes to this, I will post here and request that info (feel free to provide it by PM regardless, that’s fine too :) ).
2. None of this absolves anyone of their duties to fulfill this group buy - all participants are still owed their purchased keycap sets. I hope you all enjoy the DCX sets as a substitute (they are great), but ultimately I very much hope you also receive the actual sets you paid for so many years ago.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #5951 on: Thu, 27 October 2022, 16:39:52 »

Drop recently obtained permission to create a Hyperfuse set in DCX profile. Although this buy is unrelated to us, we would like to do what we can to help wrap the whole situation up for all involved. We’re working to get a list of all GB participants who have not received their sets, and will ship them a DCX Hyperfuse set free of charge. It’s not the product that you ordered, we understand that. It is the best thing we can do to try to right the wrong of the last 8 years.

1. If we are unable to gather a list of outstanding orders, we will need to rely on customers coming to us and providing info in order for us to ship out; if it comes to this, I will post here and request that info (feel free to provide it by PM regardless, that’s fine too :) ).
2. None of this absolves anyone of their duties to fulfill this group buy - all participants are still owed their purchased keycap sets. I hope you all enjoy the DCX sets as a substitute (they are great), but ultimately I very much hope you also receive the actual sets you paid for so many years ago.

Amazing gesture Hoff, well done to Drop and team.  :thumb:

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #5952 on: Thu, 27 October 2022, 17:38:42 »
wow - good on Drop. cool to know this is coming in DCX too

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #5953 on: Thu, 27 October 2022, 18:25:13 »
absolute chad move right there.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Chemisery

« Reply #5954 on: Thu, 27 October 2022, 18:41:44 »
Seriously? Omg, wow, that's really awesome news!!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TK + Iron Mask II + GMK Dolch
WTB:
Riptide MX
Cosmic Dusk V2 MX
Nebulus V2 MX
Interstellar Blue V2 MX

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #5955 on: Fri, 28 October 2022, 06:43:00 »

Are you able to share if the DCX version is adapting the initial GMK Hyperfuse colorway (as this GB was made with GMK standard colors, before GMK Hyperfuse Origins came along with custom colors), or the original Signature Plastics colorway?

Offline Hoffman@Drop

• HoffmanMyster @ Drop
  • * Vendor
    • Drop
« Reply #5956 on: Mon, 31 October 2022, 13:19:21 »

Are you able to share if the DCX version is adapting the initial GMK Hyperfuse colorway (as this GB was made with GMK standard colors, before GMK Hyperfuse Origins came along with custom colors), or the original Signature Plastics colorway?

The DCX version is color-matched to the original DSA/DCS colorway, as opposed to the first GMK round that used stock GMK colors. For that reason and a few others I would not claim that this is a true substitute to the caps that were purchased here.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #5957 on: Mon, 31 October 2022, 18:17:03 »
I'm not of the belief Bunny scammed anyone...
Dead wrong.

He scammed people on Hyperfuse, he scammed people on Toxic, and he scammed individuals. He still personally owes epzy around $7.5k+ worth of keyboards that he was supposed to build for him; it's been 6 years.

There's been more than a few members on Geekhack who've done the same thing as Bunny. I'm not sure if anyone managed it as well as him though. The trick is simple: arrive in the community, be very generous and giving initially, and pepper people with compliments, money, and desirable items for good prices. Then, after you think you've cemented yourself properly, do a total 180 while being endlessly apologetic and full of excuses. What do you get in return? Simps for eternity, free defense, and the benefit of the doubt.

And in case you're thinking: Oh! Oh! Maybe he's just had a horrible 6 years, surely he'll get around to it eventually?

Nah, he's got enough time to help manage his good mate Bro Caps' orders (something he's very expert at). Pretty funny that Bro Caps even allows his involvement in anything, given the fact he's scammed people in this community for 10s of thousands of dollars, easily.

Did he scam them?  I don't know...There is a difference between selling something and then running away with the money...and selling something, things going wrong with delivery,  and other stuff, delivering a majority of it and then just giving up on it. 

I'm sure people are pissed about it...and I'm not defending him as in, I think he should be allowed back into the community, that's he's a good guy, etc, etc, etc...but there is a difference...and I'm sure that only just throws fire on top of those that didn't get their Hyperfuse...but if his intent was to scam people, why deliver ANY of it? 

I think rather than chalk this up to a scam..people should learn from his mistakes..and his mistakes weren't he tried to rip people off...his mistakes were in how he tried to deliver the GB..and the number 1 mistake was not getting them delivered as sorted..which would've cost like 8 dollars a set.  Instead they tried to build each set and that ended up being a disaster.   

Did the community lose 10s of thousands to him?   Maybe...maybe he did scam people later...I don't know.  I was only close to Hyperfuse so I'm only speaking to that.  I just find it odd that if someone really wanted to scam the community, they'd actually not deliver on the goods and make more money...doesn't that make much more sense than actually delivering 90+% of a GB?  Or is that not relevant?
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 October 2022, 18:22:16 by Polymer »

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #5958 on: Thu, 03 November 2022, 11:17:30 »
The intent doesn't matter, it happened, and has continued happening.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #5959 on: Thu, 03 November 2022, 13:30:25 »
I'm not of the belief Bunny scammed anyone...
Dead wrong.

He scammed people on Hyperfuse, he scammed people on Toxic, and he scammed individuals. He still personally owes epzy around $7.5k+ worth of keyboards that he was supposed to build for him; it's been 6 years.

There's been more than a few members on Geekhack who've done the same thing as Bunny. I'm not sure if anyone managed it as well as him though. The trick is simple: arrive in the community, be very generous and giving initially, and pepper people with compliments, money, and desirable items for good prices. Then, after you think you've cemented yourself properly, do a total 180 while being endlessly apologetic and full of excuses. What do you get in return? Simps for eternity, free defense, and the benefit of the doubt.

And in case you're thinking: Oh! Oh! Maybe he's just had a horrible 6 years, surely he'll get around to it eventually?

Nah, he's got enough time to help manage his good mate Bro Caps' orders (something he's very expert at). Pretty funny that Bro Caps even allows his involvement in anything, given the fact he's scammed people in this community for 10s of thousands of dollars, easily.

Did he scam them?  I don't know...There is a difference between selling something and then running away with the money...and selling something, things going wrong with delivery,  and other stuff, delivering a majority of it and then just giving up on it. 

I'm sure people are pissed about it...and I'm not defending him as in, I think he should be allowed back into the community, that's he's a good guy, etc, etc, etc...but there is a difference...and I'm sure that only just throws fire on top of those that didn't get their Hyperfuse...but if his intent was to scam people, why deliver ANY of it? 

I think rather than chalk this up to a scam..people should learn from his mistakes..and his mistakes weren't he tried to rip people off...his mistakes were in how he tried to deliver the GB..and the number 1 mistake was not getting them delivered as sorted..which would've cost like 8 dollars a set.  Instead they tried to build each set and that ended up being a disaster.   

Did the community lose 10s of thousands to him?   Maybe...maybe he did scam people later...I don't know.  I was only close to Hyperfuse so I'm only speaking to that.  I just find it odd that if someone really wanted to scam the community, they'd actually not deliver on the goods and make more money...doesn't that make much more sense than actually delivering 90+% of a GB?  Or is that not relevant?
If im paying 90% of my taxes its not fraud.

BL has on multiple occasions done this kind of behavior and kept up the charade that he will eventually make it right. He's made far more money doing this rather than doing one rug pull. Why are you coming back every 3 months to come defend a GB for a Scamming user that hasn't been online in over a year?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline birdi127

« Reply #5960 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 12:17:16 »

The DCX version is color-matched to the original DSA/DCS colorway, as opposed to the first GMK round that used stock GMK colors. For that reason and a few others I would not claim that this is a true substitute to the caps that were purchased here.

Regardless, That's really awesome of you guys to do something like this. Something is better than nothing in this case  :)

Offline NormalGuy

« Reply #5961 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 12:45:33 »

Have you made any progress on getting the list?  I'm one of the people that has been waiting since March 2015 for this.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #5962 on: Sat, 14 January 2023, 23:05:05 »

Have you made any progress on getting the list?  I'm one of the people that has been waiting since March 2015 for this.

I'm also one of those people but these have been for sale on Drop.com for over a month so don't get you're hopes up. I would be very surprised if anything came of this.

Offline eten

« Reply #5963 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 17:00:43 »
I'm one of those individuals as well. It was one of my very first purchase on Geekhack.

Offline sdiearly

« Reply #5964 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 07:40:48 »
I'm one of the people haven't got the set.
the purchase record is CAC65557 on ctrlalt.io

My favorite 60%:  TEX-Beetle
                 80%:  KBtalKing Race
                100%: Cherry G80-3494, Zowie Celeritas

Offline syberghost

« Reply #5965 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 08:32:08 »
Happy Anniversary!
yes, I'm the guy who put box jades on a Polaris

Offline Hoffman@Drop

• HoffmanMyster @ Drop
  • * Vendor
    • Drop
« Reply #5966 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 09:59:35 »
It probably won't come as a surprise to anyone here that we have been unable to collect the list of outstanding orders from the original runner. In lieu of continuing to wait for that information, I am going to ask that anyone who has not received their order from this original group buy please PM me with your original order confirmation and any additional information that can help verify that you didn't receive the set (maybe communications with the runner, missing tracking info, etc). We will then work to get DCX sets sent out to all affected by this GMK buy.

A few of you have already reached out with this info - no need to contact again, but I also will not mind if you want to re-send just to be certain we have your information. :thumb:

Thank you all for your patience as we work through this. I will continue to share updates here, and please feel free to ask for status updates in this thread as well.

Happy Anniversary!

What an unfortunate anniversary to celebrate :|

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #5967 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 14:22:56 »
295714-0

Offline megaforce

« Reply #5968 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 17:38:57 »
Inb4 he's got kids
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Druah

• Yo.
« Reply #5969 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 17:39:38 »
happy birthday!

Bias R1 | Majestouch 2 TKL

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
« Reply #5970 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 17:48:57 »
Happy Birthday!  :p

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #5971 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 11:36:32 »

Hopped back on here after a hiatus and saw this.
Thanks for doing this. Is it too late to get in on this?
null

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5972 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 11:53:16 »
It probably won't come as a surprise to anyone here that we have been unable to collect the list of outstanding orders from the original runner. In lieu of continuing to wait for that information, I am going to ask that anyone who has not received their order from this original group buy please PM me with your original order confirmation and any additional information that can help verify that you didn't receive the set (maybe communications with the runner, missing tracking info, etc). We will then work to get DCX sets sent out to all affected by this GMK buy.

A few of you have already reached out with this info - no need to contact again, but I also will not mind if you want to re-send just to be certain we have your information. :thumb:

Thank you all for your patience as we work through this. I will continue to share updates here, and please feel free to ask for status updates in this thread as well.

Happy Anniversary!

This is super rad of Drop. Congratulations to everyone that are getting their sets!

Offline Hoffman@Drop

• HoffmanMyster @ Drop
  • * Vendor
    • Drop
« Reply #5973 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 13:24:52 »

Not too late at all! (also, hi Sygaldry :) )
Shoot me a PM with your info per this post and we'll get you taken care of.

To everyone else who has submitted their info, thank you all - I will be entering that into the system for processing in the next few days. Will update here once complete. :thumb:

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5974 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 13:58:34 »

Not too late at all! (also, hi Sygaldry :) )
Shoot me a PM with your info per this post and we'll get you taken care of.

To everyone else who has submitted their info, thank you all - I will be entering that into the system for processing in the next few days. Will update here once complete. :thumb:

Cool! Sent a PM
(It's been a while! Glad to see you're well!)
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 March 2023, 15:16:27 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline ABlazinBlueToe

« Reply #5975 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 15:35:28 »
That is really cool of y'all Drop!

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5976 on: Wed, 29 March 2023, 16:22:06 »
Hello!

Any updates here? Just wanted to make sure my info was received 🙏
null

Offline Hoffman@Drop

• HoffmanMyster @ Drop
  • * Vendor
    • Drop
« Reply #5977 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 15:25:43 »
Hello!

Any updates here? Just wanted to make sure my info was received 🙏

Info received!

I'm working through the submitted information this afternoon and should have some movement on the fulfillment side of things next week, possibly the week after.

Edit: I just PMed everyone who sent in their order info initially - if you sent me your info and did not receive a PM from me today, please respond here or send another PM.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 March 2023, 17:39:50 by Hoffman@Drop »

Offline anderssb

« Reply #5978 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 18:13:44 »

Happy Anniversary!

Great to hear that you are opting to sort this out with the DCX Hyperfuse set. I hope it is still possible to get in on this as I haven't been following the GB thread recently during the hiatus.

Dropped you a PM with my order details  :thumb:

Offline techmattr

« Reply #5979 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 15:56:25 »
Thanks Hoff and Drop. Nice to get some closure on this finally. You did the community a solid on this one. Picked up a Focus keycap set pre-order a couple weeks ago when it looked like you guys were actually going to come through on this just to return the favor a bit.

Offline vindaon

« Reply #5980 on: Fri, 19 May 2023, 21:18:58 »
Also got my set today, thanks Hoff and Drop for trying to make it right.

Offline jrick

« Reply #5981 on: Sat, 20 May 2023, 14:49:55 »
also reporting in. very thankful to drop for this generosity.

Offline Chemisery

« Reply #5982 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 08:02:05 »
I would like to echo what the others are saying, I have also received my set!!  ;D
Hoffman & Drop, thank you guys so much for giving us closure on this GB. Despite all the drama coming from this GB, this also showed me the heartwarming side of the community. Drop did not have to do this for us, but they did and they delivered. Hoffman, thanks again for listening to us, arranging everything and delivering this set to us. Honestly, this whole thing has been so wild, and I am so glad to have finally be able to move on from this.  :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 June 2023, 08:04:42 by Chemisery »
Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TK + Iron Mask II + GMK Dolch
WTB:
Riptide MX
Cosmic Dusk V2 MX
Nebulus V2 MX
Interstellar Blue V2 MX

Offline syberghost

« Reply #5983 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 13:00:32 »
Happy Anniversary!

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

yes, I'm the guy who put box jades on a Polaris