Author Topic: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper  (Read 920709 times)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 15:42:27 »
I'm getting some weird behavior with the beta and the GHpad...

1) numlock turns the LED on and off correctly to indicate its mode
     a) according to aquakeytest, the LED doesn't turn on/off
         1) the LED test in aqua doesn't turn the led on/off on the keypad either

2) numlock correctly changes from numbers to whatever-that-alternate-mode-is-called
     a) according to aquakeytest, the numpad numbers register as top-row and not numpad
          1) the Firmware Mapper UI says 'HID_KEYBOARD_SC_KEYPAD' for all of those keys...

This is explained in the FAQ in the OP.

Q. Why is my numpad is sending the wrong scancodes?
A.  Numpads come with Unlink Numlock enabled by default.  Disable that setting to get normal numpad scancodes.

I will extend the answer to cover the strangeness with the NumLock LEDs also.

Offline regack

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 16:28:26 »
I'm getting some weird behavior with the beta and the GHpad...

1) numlock turns the LED on and off correctly to indicate its mode
     a) according to aquakeytest, the LED doesn't turn on/off
         1) the LED test in aqua doesn't turn the led on/off on the keypad either

2) numlock correctly changes from numbers to whatever-that-alternate-mode-is-called
     a) according to aquakeytest, the numpad numbers register as top-row and not numpad
          1) the Firmware Mapper UI says 'HID_KEYBOARD_SC_KEYPAD' for all of those keys...

This is explained in the FAQ in the OP.

Q. Why is my numpad is sending the wrong scancodes?
A.  Numpads come with Unlink Numlock enabled by default.  Disable that setting to get normal numpad scancodes.

I will extend the answer to cover the strangeness with the NumLock LEDs also.

Sorry, been so long since I actually READ the original post...  my bad.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 14:19:55 »
I finally got around to upgrading to the beta and rebuilding my layout (would be nice to be able to import previous version layouts).

I changed my debounce settings and so far I have not had any issues.  It seems to have solved my debounce issue...

I spent some time figuring out the numpad issue I was having.  I basically wanted the ability to have the full ability of the numpad on my left hand.  I had to map a reachable key to the numlock key so I could switch between the numbers and the directional arrows without moving my hand.  It seems to be working pretty well so far.  :)

EDIT: Hmmm, I spoke too soon.  On my windows VM it works perfectly, but when I try to toggle the num lock on my mac I get the mac tone to say i am trying to do something wrong.  I wonder if it is because I have mapped it to the same key as 'command' on the mac and it doesn't like that.  I may have to try another key to see if that resolves this issue...

EDIT 2: It turns out that on Windows I did not have to unlink the hardware numlock on my TKL for it to work, but on the Mac I had to unlink the hardware numlock to get it to do what I wanted.  SOLVED...  :)

Here is my current setup:
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 January 2014, 14:33:32 by swill »

Offline joneslee85

• HHKB Scrub JP
  • Professional Rubyist programmer!
    • Ruby Journal
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 15:25:24 »
Dear

Is the GUI for mapping matrix and generating firmware only? Do you still need to use dfu-programmer to flash the controller?

And is this open source? I would love to help out on OSX port
TOO MANY KEYBOARDS THAT I COULD NOT COUNT! BUT I AM STILL USING MY MODEL F77

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 15:30:16 »
Dear

Is the GUI for mapping matrix and generating firmware only? Do you still need to use dfu-programmer to flash the controller?

And is this open source? I would love to help out on OSX port

It is just a GUI for creating .hex files as well as modifying some in memory config options.  You still need dfu-programmer or Flip to flash the device and install the hex file.

It is free, but not open source. 

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 15:54:58 »
Thanks, Swill.

joneslee85, OSX is supported, but I don't have that OS so I can't test it.  What is the best way to distribute a Python tool for OSX?  If you are willing, I could use your help.

thanks

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 16:41:07 »
Thanks, Swill.

joneslee85, OSX is supported, but I don't have that OS so I can't test it.  What is the best way to distribute a Python tool for OSX?  If you are willing, I could use your help.

thanks

I am also interested in helping with OSX support.  I tried using the hex generated on Windows on my Mac using DFU and it failed (but that could have been the fact that it was the first time I had tried this and was very noob).  I have been using Flip on a Windows VM running on my Mac for programming my board recently.

re:Distribution to Macs, I think most people use py2app, but I have never used it.  What libs are you using for building the UI?

Edit: I think I read somewhere that jdcarpe was using DFU on linux with your hex files, so maybe we could ask him to chime in with the DFU commands that people should know about for getting this to work.  I am sure others have used DFU and made it work, so maybe they could chime in with some examples of the command line sequence they used.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 January 2014, 16:46:28 by swill »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 18:50:48 »
I am also interested in helping with OSX support.

re:Distribution to Macs, I think most people use py2app, but I have never used it.  What libs are you using for building the UI?

Great, I will try to make a nice OSX package.  I've been using py2exe for windows.

I tried using the hex generated on Windows on my Mac using DFU and it failed (but that could have been the fact that it was the first time I had tried this and was very noob).  I have been using Flip on a Windows VM running on my Mac for programming my board recently.

Edit: I think I read somewhere that jdcarpe was using DFU on linux with your hex files, so maybe we could ask him to chime in with the DFU commands that people should know about for getting this to work.  I am sure others have used DFU and made it work, so maybe they could chime in with some examples of the command line sequence they used.

I am confident that the .hex files are correct.  Unfortunately all my Unix/Linux systems are rack mounted and headless so I've never tried it and I don't have the commands.  The .hex files are text-based.  Perhaps you corrupted them while moving them to the other OS.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 19:18:43 »

I am confident that the .hex files are correct.  Unfortunately all my Unix/Linux systems are rack mounted and headless so I've never tried it and I don't have the commands.  The .hex files are text-based.  Perhaps you corrupted them while moving them to the other OS.

I fully expect that the problem was me, not your files. I was able to blow away a previous config, but I was unable to write a new config.  It would be nice if someone has done this on Linux or Mac to post the steps they did.

Hint hint, nudge nudge. Anyone?  :)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:06:53 »
Qaz, wondering if this is possible somehow.  On my FC660C there is some really interesting functionality with the Esc key.

It basically works like this:
No modifier => Esc
Shift + Esc => ~ (so that behaves like it would on a normal keyboard)
Shift + Fn + Esc => `

Basically, I would like the Shift modifier to apply a different key to the Esc key.  Is this possible?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:46:38 »
so odd shift behavior is an interesting concept. while it would be possible to have odd stuff like shift+h return "6" instead of the expected "H" most people simply want to do things like move semicolon around, or play with the behaviour of the tilde key.

What I propose, however, is instead set up a key as a function key, so map shift to function, and make fn+h  return "H". That way it behaves like a normal shift key in all cases.

Then change the offshifted things you want changed.

Now, clearly this has some issues: for example, you might have to set up a macro for every key on the shifted function layer (so that fn+h returns shift+h to produce H).

To get around that problem, it would be possible to just edit the firmware with a special shifted function key, to act as a normal shift in conjunction with most keys, and to do something different (as noted) for the few keys that need it. This would effectively change shift behaviour for (what I think to be) most cases.

Another option, and likely a better one if you are just changing a few keys around is to make the oddly-affected key the function key. Unfortunately this would mean that pressing esc (now fn) and nothing else would have to return an actual esc. The only way I can think of of doing this is to have the return stroke send esc: like what TMK firmware does with home row modifiers.

Finally, one could add this functionality as a separate (new) key (call it "swill's escape" I guess). this will implement the functionality you desire, but sadly is not really sustainable, as every new oddly shifted key would need a new entry in the keytable.

Just some thoughts about keybaords and using them.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 08:49:09 »

so odd shift behavior is an interesting concept. while it would be possible to have odd stuff like shift+h return "6" instead of the expected "H" most people simply want to do things like move semicolon around, or play with the behaviour of the tilde key.

What I propose, however, is instead set up a key as a function key, so map shift to function, and make fn+h  return "H". That way it behaves like a normal shift key in all cases.

Then change the offshifted things you want changed.

Now, clearly this has some issues: for example, you might have to set up a macro for every key on the shifted function layer (so that fn+h returns shift+h to produce H).

To get around that problem, it would be possible to just edit the firmware with a special shifted function key, to act as a normal shift in conjunction with most keys, and to do something different (as noted) for the few keys that need it. This would effectively change shift behaviour for (what I think to be) most cases.

Another option, and likely a better one if you are just changing a few keys around is to make the oddly-affected key the function key. Unfortunately this would mean that pressing esc (now fn) and nothing else would have to return an actual esc. The only way I can think of of doing this is to have the return stroke send esc: like what TMK firmware does with home row modifiers.

Finally, one could add this functionality as a separate (new) key (call it "swill's escape" I guess). this will implement the functionality you desire, but sadly is not really sustainable, as every new oddly shifted key would need a new entry in the keytable.

Just some thoughts about keybaords and using them.

It is very important that I maintain the majority of the shift behaviour. Stuff like shift+arrows to change selections are my bread and butter, so I can't afford to break that sort of functionality.  Not sure if that has implications for this concept.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 09:10:18 »
Anything is possible.  That kind of key is not currently possible but it could be added.

Right now the closest you can get is to map that key to an Esc and then map it to a grave key on the Fn layer

Then you would have this:
Esc = Esc
Fn+Esc = `
Fn+Shift+Esc = ~

That's close, but obviously not the same.  What I would do is create a new key, ESCGRAVE.  It would act like Esc unless Shift is pressed, then it would act like GRAVE.  I already do transformations like this in the code for virtual numpad.

Let me work on it for a bit.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 09:43:05 »
Anything is possible.  That kind of key is not currently possible but it could be added.

Right now the closest you can get is to map that key to an Esc and then map it to a grave key on the Fn layer

Then you would have this:
Esc = Esc
Fn+Esc = `
Fn+Shift+Esc = ~

That's close, but obviously not the same.  What I would do is create a new key, ESCGRAVE.  It would act like Esc unless Shift is pressed, then it would act like GRAVE.  I already do transformations like this in the code for virtual numpad.

Let me work on it for a bit.

Cool, ya I like this approach.  It seems pretty reasonable to me.  :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 11:03:21 »
I could just be really stupid but can anyone explain the macros to me? I know I write the macro in the box at the bottom of the screen and then bind the SCANCODE_M* key but I'm not sure how to actually do shortcut macros. I'd like to do half the layer as textual macro's and the other half for my Eclipse shortcuts, I'm assuming there is a way to get macros to do key shortcuts?

Stuff like: Alt + Shift + R

I'd do some trial and error to figure it out but i'm still waiting on my GH60's to arrive from China, if someone could break it down for me that would be great.

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 11:59:08 »
I could just be really stupid but can anyone explain the macros to me? I know I write the macro in the box at the bottom of the screen and then bind the SCANCODE_M* key but I'm not sure how to actually do shortcut macros. I'd like to do half the layer as textual macro's and the other half for my Eclipse shortcuts, I'm assuming there is a way to get macros to do key shortcuts?

I'd do some trial and error to figure it out but i'm still waiting on my GH60's to arrive from China, if someone could break it down for me that would be great.

If you haven't already read the macros help file, you should do so.

If you want a macro that presses Alt + Shift + R, then you would set it to this: \ALT(\SHIFT(r))

The general philosophy of the macro language is that you just put in a string of what you want the keyboard to type.  In addition to normal characters, there are non-printed characters and modifiers.  To summarize, there are three classes of stuff that can be in your macro strings:

Printable Characters: A B C 1 2 3 . + * ` ]
Non-printed Characters: \ENTER, \TAB, \PGUP,
Modifiers: \SHIFT() \LCTRL() \RALT()

Examples:
Ctrl-Alt-Del = \CTRL(\ALT(\DEL,))
USA = USA

(note that you don't have to put a \SHIFT() around USA to capitalize it, the macro processor is smart enough to do it for you)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 12:01:29 »

If you haven't already read the macros help file, you should do so.

If you want a macro that presses Alt + Shift + R, then you would set it to this: \ALT(\SHIFT(r))

The general philosophy of the macro language is that you just put in a string of what you want the keyboard to type.  In addition to normal characters, there are non-printed characters and modifiers.  To summarize, there are three classes of stuff that can be in your macro strings:

Printable Characters: A B C 1 2 3 . + * ` ]
Non-printed Characters: \ENTER, \TAB, \PGUP,
Modifiers: \SHIFT() \LCTRL() \RALT()

Examples:
Ctrl-Alt-Del = \CTRL(\ALT(\DEL,))
USA = USA

(note that you don't have to put a \SHIFT() around USA to capitalize it, the macro processor is smart enough to do it for you)

Duh, I should have thought to look through the package for readme files! Your explanation is sufficient enough for the time being though, much appreciated  :thumb:
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 23:59:22 »
51127-0

Added the ESCGRAVE key in a new beta release

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 00:00:12 »

(Attachment Link)

Added the ESCGRAVE key in a new beta release

Cool. Ty. :)

Offline Euf0ria

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 01:29:39 »
I´m so glad i found this thread! I have a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL and got a hold of a HID liberation controller and will try this out soon...probably I´ll go bananas on FN keys/layers to;)

Keep up the good work!
All your base are belong to us

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 08:13:47 »

I´m so glad i found this thread! I have a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL and got a hold of a HID liberation controller and will try this out soon...probably I´ll go bananas on FN keys/layers to;)

Keep up the good work!

With this same setup (with browns) I had to set my denounce to 9ms. Now everything works great. Just want to make sure that info was available.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 20:29:41 »
So I am currently planning on using this to do the firmware for a hand wired matrix using a WYSE board to avoid having to modify the PCB at all.  Is there any suggestions on a starting point to get somewhat close to this?  The board I am working with is a WYSE 60 ASCII.

If not is there any way to add/remove/move keys around inside the program?
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 21:28:41 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 22:27:07 »
So I am currently planning on using this to do the firmware for a hand wired matrix using a WYSE board to avoid having to modify the PCB at all.  Is there any suggestions on a starting point to get somewhat close to this?  The board I am working with is a WYSE 60 ASCII.

Well, it only supports the boards I programmed into it.  Merely adding or removing keys isn't enough to describe a matrix, LEDs, and a controller.  It's really beyond the scope of the project.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 23:56:08 »

Well, it only supports the boards I programmed into it.  Merely adding or removing keys isn't enough to describe a matrix, LEDs, and a controller.  It's really beyond the scope of the project.

Not a problem.  I understand.  I should probably learn how to make and flash a firmware anyway.  Just not sure where to start.  I tried when I was in the middle of my Phantom project and then I desoldered the switches and basically destroyed the board with my lack of de/solder skills.  But that project just grew into the brushed behemoth project I have going so I need to get that figured out.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Euf0ria

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 13:54:57 »
How do I map other characters that does not exist on an ANSI layout like swedish Å,Ä,Ö?
How can I switch layout to ISO with Big enter and 1x left shift?
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 January 2014, 14:01:24 by Euf0ria »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 18:29:56 »
How do I map other characters that does not exist on an ANSI layout like swedish Å,Ä,Ö?

Not currently supported, mostly because I just have no experience with those kinds of boards.

Offline Euf0ria

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 01:47:01 »

Not currently supported, mostly because I just have no experience with those kinds of boards.

Ok, I see. 
Is this something you can consider to add, an ISO layout with its most common enter-key and so on?? I have the Bpiphany HID liberation controller up and running in a FILCO Majestouch 2 and would love to try it out for you and report back eventually errors.
The ISO layout also have all the special characters like {[]}/* and so on in different places but i guess i will be able to map these myself if I just get a layout with the main keys in the right place and size. (enter and the one left to "z" etc)

I´m new to all of this and think that your software feels like to right way to go. But, there´s always a but, If i cannot use it for my native Layout I must leave your fine software and start learning all coding the hard way and have no clue on where to start

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 04:57:22 »
The ISO and ANSI enter keys are actually wired to the same pins. The ANSI backslash key is the same as the one hiding out under the ISO enter key. The extra ISO key next to 'z' is truly an extra key. So that would need to be included in an ISO layout editor. It does of course not matter if it is included in the ANSI layout editor, it will just not be reachable.

Edit: Also, åäö for example are the same as the corresponding keys on the US layout. If there won't be a translation of the layout tool, you'll need to learn which is which.
Code: [Select]
Å = {
Ö = ;
Ä = '
' = \
And the shifted result of key '6' and to the right of it are shifted on a Swedish compared to the US layout. Still the keyboard sends exactly the same instruction. It is the OS that decides what it means.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2014, 05:20:11 by bpiphany »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 09:03:02 »
I should clarify.  The ISO layout is definitely supported.  In fact, I think the Phantom already has it.  I will add it for the HID and we can try to get this working.

The next issue is the keys that aren't found on an ANSI board.  Some are certainly missing from my list, I'll look into that.  I think for the most part, that is merely an issue of not having a translation for the buttons, as bpiphany says.

Let's just pick a language and try to get that working.  Then a more generalized solution could be devised.  You were looking for Swedish?

Sorry I'm not so familiar with this stuff.  Being in the USA, I've never even seen one of these in person.

Offline Euf0ria

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 09:25:07 »
That sounds awesome metalliqaz! Yes the Language I´m personally searching for is Swedish. Below is a correct ISO swedish layout:

It´s interesting how "home blind" you get, I recently realized that there is many layouts used in different parts of the world and before I used to think there was only ISO and QWERTY. I guess you learn something new every day;)

Offline rindorbrot

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 10:36:38 »
I wanted to try this firmware as well with my Frosty Flake.

I guess the ISO version has not been implemented yet as I can't select it and the "<>|" key doesn't work?

Also I have one problem:
when I have the "link win lock to scroll lock" active, the win-key lock LED on my QFR lights up (together with the scroll lock).
But when I unlink Win-lock and Scroll-lock and now hit Win-lock alone, then the win lock LED does not light up.
Would be cool if that could work, too.

Will there be an NKRO option in the future, like an Soarer's adapter or TMK?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 14:26:25 »
Work (RL) has been crazy lately but I'm going to add those ISO layouts soon.

Thanks for the bug report on the win-lock thing, I'll check it out.  I really appreciate this feedback because I don't have a QFR of my own to test it.

The NKRO thing is planned.  I just have never needed it so I didn't make it a priority.

Offline gojira54

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 15:50:02 »
If possible at some point a layout for ISO filco 105 key would be very much appreciated :)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 15:56:50 »
Can this work in adjacent with soarers on a m122?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 16:23:18 »
If possible at some point a layout for ISO filco 105 key would be very much appreciated :)

I'm going to add ISO layout to all the keyboards that support it.

That is not currently supported.  I haven't looked at that project at all.  Is it on a Teensy?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 16:24:37 »

I'm going to add ISO layout to all the keyboards that support it.

That is not currently supported.  I haven't looked at that project at all.  Is it on a Teensy?

Its going to be on a pro micro, which is like a teensy (both use  ardunio and the code works the same) but cheaper.

Offline rindorbrot

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 10:08:12 »
when I have the "link win lock to scroll lock" active, the win-key lock LED on my QFR lights up (together with the scroll lock).
But when I unlink Win-lock and Scroll-lock and now hit Win-lock alone, then the win lock LED does not light up.

I should clarify this a bit I think.

If link scroll and win lock is enabled, the LED on F9 lights up the same way as the scroll lock LED.
If I only enable the win lock with a dedicated button (not via the scroll lock- link) the LED on F9 does not light up. It is basically only a second scroll lock LED at this point.

With scroll and win lock unlinked only the real scroll lock LED works as expected and the F9 LED does not work at all.

Another thing that I noticed:
The RAM macro seems to be limited to 40 characters, is the a design choice or an technical limitation?

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2014, 10:11:28 by rindorbrot »

Offline gojira54

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 10:41:40 »
>I'm going to add ISO layout to all the keyboards that support it.

Nice... thanks for the effort :)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 10:44:13 »

I should clarify this a bit I think.

If link scroll and win lock is enabled, the LED on F9 lights up the same way as the scroll lock LED.
If I only enable the win lock with a dedicated button (not via the scroll lock- link) the LED on F9 does not light up. It is basically only a second scroll lock LED at this point.

With scroll and win lock unlinked only the real scroll lock LED works as expected and the F9 LED does not work at all.

Another thing that I noticed:
The RAM macro seems to be limited to 40 characters, is the a design choice or an technical limitation?

Thanks for the more detailed report.  I should be able to fix that up without much trouble.

The RAM macro is limited to 40 characters, as noted in the help docs.  This is both a design choice and a technical limitation.  The RAM on the ATmega controller in your keyboard is very limited. (The buffer is larger in the Phantom, Epsilon, KMAC, etc.)  In order to keep all the features in the software, I had to greatly restrict the length of the buffer for the macro.  In truth, I don't consider it a big deal because of the options available.  Macros you want to keep can be programmed to flash with a limit that is 2 orders of magnitude larger, or you could use OS or Application based macro recording, which effectively have no limit on length.  I like to use the RAM macro for my password.  Program it when I turn on the PC, but it isn't saved to as place where it could be used without my knowledge.  This doesn't require much memory.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 09:15:15 »
Man, bonehead mistake on the Win Lock LED!  There wasn't any bug or anything like that, I just forgot to implement it!

New Beta version should be fixed now.  Next looking at ISO mappings.

Offline rindorbrot

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 13:14:02 »
Man, bonehead mistake on the Win Lock LED!  There wasn't any bug or anything like that, I just forgot to implement it!

It works as expected now, thanks for the quick fix!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 14:06:49 »
Okay ISO layouts for all the costar boards...
(Buttons have to be rectangular, so the ISO enter is always going to look weird.)
52351-0

What I haven't done yet is the localization.  That will take some work...

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 14:44:25 »

I have a qfr with a frosty also, using your easy avr vers.7 beta

Now when I hit scroll lock it automatically enables win lock and the F9 LED, I can click on winlock afterwards and disable it and the led.

Also numbers 1-9 show up as numberpad keys on http://www.keyboardtester.com/ I have also confirmed that using ALT+ number does ASCII code.  If I hold Shift + number the keyboardtester picks up numbers (R4 row), it also displays the !@#$%^&*() with shift.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 14:51:26 »

Now when I hit scroll lock it automatically enables win lock and the F9 LED, I can click on winlock afterwards and disable it and the led.

Also numbers 1-9 show up as numberpad keys on http://www.keyboardtester.com/ I have also confirmed that using ALT+ number does ASCII code.  If I hold Shift + number the keyboardtester picks up numbers (R4 row), it also displays the !@#$%^&*() with shift.

Read the FAQ.  Those are custom features that can be turned off.

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 15:06:36 »

Read the FAQ.  Those are custom features that can be turned off.

Thanks, numlock is fixed now but still having problem with the winlock being enabled when i press Scroll Lock.

Edit: should have asked if you are planning to do scroll lock / winlock separate key in the future even though like you said it is useful for gaming.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 January 2014, 15:09:42 by Thechemist »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 15:19:09 »
Scroll lock and winlock are separate keys. 

Winlock on Scroll lock setting = On: scroll lock key turns winlock on and off, winlock key turns winlock on and off
Winlock on Scroll lock setting = Off: only winlock key turns winlock on and off

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 15:26:24 »

Winlock on Scroll lock setting = On: scroll lock key turns winlock on and off, winlock key turns winlock on and off

I would enable and disable that with the SCANCODE_DEBUG?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 15:29:45 »

I would enable and disable that with the SCANCODE_DEBUG?

Yes.  Point your cursor at a text editor window, press SCANCODE_DEBUG, and do something like this:

Code: [Select]
Main Menu:
1) Config menu
2) Debug menu
3) Reset
9) Quit
> 1

Config Menu:
1) Toggle virtual num pad
2) Toggle win lock on scroll lock
3) Set default layer
4) Toggle swap caps lock and left ctrl
5) Toggle rollover bias
6) Set debounce time
7) Toggle unlink num lock
9) Back
> 2
Scroll lock will not affect win lock.

Config Menu:
3) Set default layer
5) Toggle rollover bias
6) Set debounce time
9) Back
> 2
Windows key will be disabled when scroll lock is enabled.

Config Menu:
3) Set default layer
5) Toggle rollover bias
6) Set debounce time
9) Back
> 9

Main Menu:
1) Config menu
2) Debug menu
3) Reset
9) Quit
> 9

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 15:31:19 »
Got it, thanks for the help.  :D

Offline rindorbrot

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 17:33:02 »
Okay ISO layouts for all the costar boards...
(Buttons have to be rectangular, so the ISO enter is always going to look weird.)
I don't care how the enter key looks in the configurator as long as it works ;)
I will test the new build tomorrow.