Author Topic: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy  (Read 1218344 times)

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
Re: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy
« Reply #1850 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 02:55:36 »
Hey Guys, I was planning on replacing the screws for the alu base of my orion v2. Does anyone know which exact ones i need?

I guess the ones for the front are T10 and for the back T8/9?  :-\

My screws show quite a bit of wear, so I want to replace them.  :-X

Thanks for your help lads!  ;D
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline E3E

« Reply #1851 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 03:08:47 »
Hey Guys, I was planning on replacing the screws for the alu base of my orion v2. Does anyone know which exact ones i need?

I guess the ones for the front are T10 and for the back T8/9?  :-\

My screws show quite a bit of wear, so I want to replace them.  :-X

Thanks for your help lads!  ;D

Are yours torx? I thought they were hex. Hmm, not sure the sizes though. I think the shorter ones are around 6 mm and M3 metric machine screws. I'll have to measure them again though.

Total length on the small ones is 6mm, thread length is 4mm.

On the long ones (for alu and angled bottom), total length is 15mm and the thread length is 12mm. They're M3 screws.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 03:15:29 by E3E »

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #1852 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 03:21:54 »
They are hex indeed. I feel a bit dumb.  :-[

No wonder it is hard to open the case with a torx driver when the screws are hex! I am not sure how I assembled it back then without the right screw driver.

And thank you very much for the size of the small ones!
I will get some V-Shaped 6mm M3 Hex screws for that.

It would be really awesome if you could tell me the size of the back ones as well!

I'm in your debt!  :)
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline E3E

« Reply #1853 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:15:35 »
They are hex indeed. I feel a bit dumb.  :-[

No wonder it is hard to open the case with a torx driver when the screws are hex! I am not sure how I assembled it back then without the right screw driver.

And thank you very much for the size of the small ones!
I will get some V-Shaped 6mm M3 Hex screws for that.

It would be really awesome if you could tell me the size of the back ones as well!

I'm in your debt!  :)

It should be 15mm long hex socket cap head M3 screws.

Hope you get what you need! Yeah, some of Duck's boards use torx. I know the Octagon v1 I had did, and I think the Lightpad and Lightsaver as well as Eagle and Viper did as well. Tray cases seemed to have used torx.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:19:17 by E3E »

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1854 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:07:44 »
Anyone selling their new-like condition or NIB Duck Orion v2?
PM me with your offers please :D
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #1855 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 23:51:42 »
Still looking for a flat acrylic bottom if anyone is willing to part with theirs.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #1856 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 20:37:21 »
I think I have fried half of my orion  :'(

While desoldering the ' switch's sip socket (had to replace the whole switch because it was sticky), I pulled part of the pcbs socket for the sip socket out as well. After installing a brand new switch with sip sockets and soldering it, I noticed that none of the LEDs in the third row, left and including the ' key, were lit up. Also the three left bottom SMD RGB LEDs were malfunctioning. One glimmering and vigorously switching to random colours, the others not lighting up at all. So I guess I have broken half of my orion. Unless you guys have any recommendations on how to fix it.

The typing itself works fine. Its just the lighting that is broken.

Otherwise I would like to maybe get a pcb from someone here who has a spare. I would be really happy to hear from someone!

I ruined my board as well which is why I asked for a pcb and plate  :-\

edit: actually I ruined it quite a while back I've just been too embarrassed to mention it   :p :p :p

anyways you are having the same problems as everyone who has encountered this issue with flashing rgb leds. It is a design flaw in the pcb. Here is the fix for the rgb led's. I am not sure what is wrong with your led's not turning on. If you can take a photo I can help you
Show Image

The issue comes from the (+) copper hole on the led. This specific hole is easily prone to damage when desoldered and it stops the flow of current. To repair this issue you need to solder a small wire from the capacitor to the (+) pad, this should fix your issue.  The led's not turning on might be the result of another damaged pad. Please take a photo and i can probably lead you to a fix.

special thanks to 02d who gave me this info

Thanks a lot again for your write up appleonama. I didn't get to reopening my Orion until today. But I can now send you pictures from the bottom of it.

I have the problem that my third row (from the bottom) of Leds, so all keys left of the enter button don't light up and that the rgb underlights on the left side do not work/ just flimmers (115,116,117).

The leds stopped working when I resoldered the sticky "]" switch.

In this photo you can see the working enter button on the left and the first button in the third row that does. It work. You can see the awful resoldering job on the right next to it (close to r91)

Is there some connection I can bridge to fix both the third row as well as the under light leds?

Thank you in advance for your help, kacase

Offline Viking_Robot

• Flickr
« Reply #1857 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 21:13:54 »
Looking for someone willing to sell an aluminum base.  SEnd me a message here or on Reddit.  Same name.
Current Keyboards - TGR Jane CE WKL Blue Grey | TGR Jane v2 CE | TGR 910 RE | TGR 910 SE | TGR Alice/Police | TGR Tris | Keycult No2 TKL | Keycult No2 65 | Duck Octagon v3 Black | Duck Orion v3 WKL Silver |

Flickr

Offline Viking_Robot

• Flickr
« Reply #1858 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 13:21:12 »
Still looking if anyone has one they want to make some fast cash on, thanks.
Current Keyboards - TGR Jane CE WKL Blue Grey | TGR Jane v2 CE | TGR 910 RE | TGR 910 SE | TGR Alice/Police | TGR Tris | Keycult No2 TKL | Keycult No2 65 | Duck Octagon v3 Black | Duck Orion v3 WKL Silver |

Flickr