Author Topic: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy (Closed for Orders)  (Read 428096 times)

Offline Gengarfan

Re: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy
« Reply #1150 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 16:50:58 »
Man, I don't think I'll be building mine for awhile.

Trying to make a switchable top plate for this, hopefully that works out. Reason I'm doing it is because I'm very conflicted as to what switches I should use.

How long do you think it would take to develop that? I'm very interested

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1151 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 17:44:11 »
It's somewhat of a side project to the Weight Inserts GB that I'm running. I'm aiming to get a prototype the same time I pick up the weights. so mid July.

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #1152 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 20:56:35 »
On the firmware issues, I've got an odd one too.

I've flashed my board with O2D, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Got macros working, LED settings, custom layers...

The odd thing is that pressing Left Control and then Tab will auto-release Left Control even though I'm still holding it down. This is common on OSX for switching tabs (I actually think it's the same on Windows, or similar, if not). You keep Left Control pressed and keep pressing Tab to cycle through tabs (likewise Shift+Control+Tab). However I can't do that as it autoreleases Left Control inserting just tabs after the first one. It's bizarre as it works fine with the Right Control. The odd thing is that it seems like it's just that combination (Left Ctrl + Tab), using Left Ctrl + A or Left Ctrl + E repeatedly by holding down control (for home and end) works fine.

Can anyone else try and see if they can cycle tabs with Left Ctrl + Tab?

One other odd thing, I mapped Volume Up, Volume Down and Mute. They have some odd logic going on as if I press them in rapid succession, it registers as if I'd been holding them down. It almost seems like those actions have a really long debounce or something. Odd as it's just those keys.

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #1153 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 20:59:13 »

I've flashed my board with O2D, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Got macros working, LED settings, custom layers...

The odd thing is that pressing Left Control and then Tab will auto-release Left Control even though I'm still holding it down. This is common on OSX for switching tabs (I actually think it's the same on Windows, or similar, if not). You keep Left Control pressed and keep pressing Tab to cycle through tabs (likewise Shift+Control+Tab). However I can't do that as it autoreleases Left Control inserting just tabs after the first one. It's bizarre as it works fine with the Right Control. The odd thing is that it seems like it's just that combination (Left Ctrl + Tab), using Left Ctrl + A or Left Ctrl + E repeatedly by holding down control (for home and end) works fine.

One other odd thing, I mapped Volume Up, Volume Down and Mute. They have some odd logic going on as if I press them in rapid succession, it registers as if I'd been holding them down. It almost seems like those actions have a really long debounce or something. Odd as it's just those keys.

Super weird, after a bit Left Ctrl + Tab fixed itself.

Offline duckness

« Reply #1154 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 21:45:55 »

could be a sign of soldering issues?

Offline tom.smykowski

« Reply #1155 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 11:44:31 »
Love the board but does anyone else feel that the aluminum bottom and top together makes the board super heavy? I shift my keyboard around when I'm adjusting my seat. On another note - I love the acrylic bottom - the videos and pictures really don't do justice to how the lights blend together

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #1156 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 12:00:38 »

could be a sign of soldering issues?

It could be, but it went really smoothly and cleanly. I might try to flash it with that Flip software someone mentioned on here. Is O2D and the firmware open source?

Offline megaforce

« Reply #1157 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 00:49:14 »
Hmm whats the "MFN" key used for?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline ika

« Reply #1158 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 11:56:16 »
Love the board but does anyone else feel that the aluminum bottom and top together makes the board super heavy? I shift my keyboard around when I'm adjusting my seat. On another note - I love the acrylic bottom - the videos and pictures really don't do justice to how the lights blend together
The weight is the point ;) the feet are just super high friction, if you want it to be easier to move, replace those first.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1159 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 12:10:24 »

I was under the nothing that it meant "Master Function"... I could be wrong though.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #1160 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 12:17:00 »

cycle through multiple layers w/ consecutive buttons presses of a single key   :thumb:  (note you gotta hold it when you reach your desired layer)

the light indicators will reflect which layer you are currently on after every given press of the key.
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline megaforce

« Reply #1161 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 12:43:20 »

cycle through multiple layers w/ consecutive buttons presses of a single key   :thumb:  (note you gotta hold it when you reach your desired layer)

the light indicators will reflect which layer you are currently on after every given press of the key.

I was under the nothing that it meant "Master Function"... I could be wrong though.

Thanks for the help! I finished building mine earlier this week, still trying to figure out how to program it..AHHHHHHHH   :-[
More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1162 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 13:11:50 »

Thanks for the help! I finished building mine earlier this week, still trying to figure out how to program it..AHHHHHHHH   :-[
Omgar, a fellow GH was very helpful in helping me program/map my board.

If you need some basic assistance shoot me a PM and hopefully I can provide some help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Offline megaforce

« Reply #1163 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 13:22:05 »

If you need some basic assistance shoot me a PM and hopefully I can provide some help.

I'll have to take you up on that, thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

More

Offline omgar

« Reply #1164 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 15:07:15 »

Yup! If anyone needs help I'm available too. :)

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #1165 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 21:31:31 »
Are there any round 3 updates? If the round 1 and 2 timeframe between payment to shipment is on track, we could be getting these bad boys end of next month?

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #1166 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 21:49:24 »
Are there any round 3 updates? If the round 1 and 2 timeframe between payment to shipment is on track, we could be getting these bad boys end of next month?

Please don't get me excited for this at the end of next month... I don't want to be heartbroken when it comes the beginning of August while I'm on vacation lol (I know we don't actually know when it's coming yet)

Side note: I was also going to ask for an update so I'm glad you did

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #1167 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 15:57:39 »
Despite me getting the octagon v2 from the first batch, still - i didn't assembled my ocatgon. I got some reasons for it and one of those reasons is the plate. I ordered aluminum plate and there is nothing wrong with it. However i am not satisfied. Because that aluminum plate supports so many layouts, its quite loosy for my taste (not stiff enough, even if it would be stainless steel). Also it has no cutouts for switch maintenance. So i made a custom plate for myself. Check it out:

The plate has almost the same dimensions as the original plate. But almost.

There is an error of like ~0.1mm+/- which is cumulative (see the plate grommets).

However after some slight milling by myself it does still fit well without problems.

Keep in mind merlin64 will probably run a GB for such plate.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 June 2016, 16:30:11 by T0mb3ry »

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1168 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 16:07:06 »

Makes me regret that I've already assembled mine...

Good job on the plate!

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #1169 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 16:08:52 »
Love this new plate. I'm also not a fan of universal plates. They're too loose on some of the keys, which creates minuscule misalignment and spacing variations.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 June 2016, 17:12:58 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1170 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 17:02:40 »

Makes me regret that I've already assembled mine...

Good job on the plate!

Same here  :( . That was some of my best/cleanest soldering work to date.

If the GB mentioned happens to support a winkeyless layout, I might have to desolder and put her back together again.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1171 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 19:11:09 »
Yaaaay! Does the pcb support a winkeyless layout?

Tomb3ry can you elaborate on what you had to manually shave down, just eyeballing it from my 15 inch laptop screen, it's hard to notice any differences between that and the original.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1172 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 19:18:13 »

Yessir, my bottom row is 1.5 x 1.5 x 7 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1 x 1 x 1

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #1173 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 01:26:35 »
Unfortunately not, because i am winkey user (alignin windows with "win + arrows" is priceless). However it can be easily transformed into winkeyles or what ever you want layout. The most important thing here is to get proper outer shape.

Tomb3ry can you elaborate on what you had to manually shave down, just eyeballing it from my 15 inch laptop screen, it's hard to notice any differences between that and the original.

The following picture displays with arrows the sites i have shaved down. I shaved down maybe less than 0.5mm. Those screw grommits need to be moved more to the center.

The plate fits barelly and if you are not careful enough the plate might scratch the top case.

However after fixing it with screws, it sits very well and tight like a guitar string. The plate has no flex (loosines). Overall its extremely stiff compared to aluminum plate.

The plate sits very centric and has on every site ~1mm slot.

Keep in mind that plate is cnc milled. It was not cut with water or something else.

Overall i am very happy with that plate. It fullfills all my needs. However for a real GB, the svg i got, needs a little bit workout. I dont think people will buy a product which they have to mill/shave down afterwards.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 June 2016, 01:28:33 by T0mb3ry »

Offline blighty

« Reply #1174 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 04:01:18 »

The pcb supports WKL,  just not his custom plate.  I am not a fan of his chosen layout(prefer stepped caps lock and 1.5 mods left of space) but it is nice to look at.  Nice job!
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline AceRuckus

« Reply #1175 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 12:49:33 »
Would anyone be selling their acrylic angled base? Preferably never used or no chips.

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #1176 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 04:28:54 »
Where are we considering production for round 3?  Has round 2 gone out yet?  Sorry, I'm lazy.

Offline boo

« Reply #1177 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 15:39:59 »
Unfortunately not, because i am winkey user (alignin windows with "win + arrows" is priceless). However it can be easily transformed into winkeyles or what ever you want layout. The most important thing here is to get proper outer shape.

The following picture displays with arrows the sites i have shaved down. I shaved down maybe less than 0.5mm. Those screw grommits need to be moved more to the center.
Show Image

The plate fits barelly and if you are not careful enough the plate might scratch the top case.
Show Image

However after fixing it with screws, it sits very well and tight like a guitar string. The plate has no flex (loosines). Overall its extremely stiff compared to aluminum plate.
Show Image

The plate sits very centric and has on every site ~1mm slot.
Show Image

Keep in mind that plate is cnc milled. It was not cut with water or something else.

Overall i am very happy with that plate. It fullfills all my needs. However for a real GB, the svg i got, needs a little bit workout. I dont think people will buy a product which they have to mill/shave down afterwards.
Please let this GB happen. Otherwise, can we order one from you? Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Proyoyo

« Reply #1178 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 19:03:22 »
If anyone is willing to sell/trade their Octagon for artisans, let me know  :thumb:

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1179 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 19:05:35 »
3rd batch will be shipped this week.

Any address changes that were made to me by PM has been changed.

You'll all get them by next week probably. :)

Offline airs

« Reply #1180 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 21:42:56 »

OMG, that was fast! Thank you Elton!
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #1181 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 22:40:55 »

Oh? Is the black bird coming soon?  ;D

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #1182 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 23:55:00 »
WTF

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1183 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 00:04:30 »

Oh? Is the black bird coming soon?  ;D

Please not, my Wallet is not yet ready for that one.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #1184 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 00:11:42 »
Omg wtf that was blazing fast

Offline gaiden

« Reply #1185 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 00:52:30 »
Wow now this is a surprise!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Offline Namkhanhv

« Reply #1186 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 01:29:25 »
Hi Elton, I shoot you a pm about shipping info. Please notice that. Thanks!

Offline beckshl

« Reply #1187 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 04:18:45 »
Fast and Furious :))

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1188 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 05:20:04 »
How to connect in DFU mode?

I already downloaded the o2d keymapper and dfu programmer.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #1189 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 06:34:41 »
Nope not dreaming, Elton did said R3 is shipping wow!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline omgar

« Reply #1190 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 08:31:58 »
How to connect in DFU mode?

I already downloaded the o2d keymapper and dfu programmer.

Hold the top-right key when plugging it in.

Offline mbrown559

« Reply #1191 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 15:07:54 »
Got cash money for anyone looking to sell their kit.  ;)

Offline beltet

« Reply #1192 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 01:41:37 »
Anyone know how to fix the arrowkey bug? I have now assembled my board but I only get questionmarks instead of arrows in O2D. So they dont register when I'm trying to edit the layout.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #1193 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 02:46:23 »
Thanks a lot for Elton and Kim's efforts on this job.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1194 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 04:10:34 »
Anyone know how to fix the arrowkey bug? I have now assembled my board but I only get questionmarks instead of arrows in O2D. So they dont register when I'm trying to edit the layout.
You can either:

change system locale to Korea

or

launch the O2D via AppLocale (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13209)

Offline beltet

« Reply #1195 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 06:10:28 »
You can either:

or

launch the O2D via AppLocale (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13209)

Thanks!
I tried both, and did unfurtunate not work... Believe it's because of windows 10. Very strange that the locale setting in windows 10 did not work at all. Anyway I managed to get it working with this:
https://github.com/xupefei/Locale-Emulator

And one more thing. Can anyone explain a little about the macros how those work? Espacially whats the difference between s and d macros.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1196 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 06:24:54 »
You can either:

or

Thanks!
I tried both, and did unfurtunate not work... Believe it's because of windows 10. Very strange that the locale setting in windows 10 did not work at all. Anyway I managed to get it working with this:
https://github.com/xupefei/Locale-Emulator

And one more thing. Can anyone explain a little about the macros how those work? Espacially whats the difference between s and d macros.
Ah cool you got it working. I'm still on win 8.1. too lazy to upgrade. Unfortunately I'm not able to help regarding the macros. I too have no idea what the difference is.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1197 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 00:42:45 »
that link from microsoft dne

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1198 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 02:22:40 »
that link from microsoft dne
Hmm, you're right. I've got the msi locally, but on vacation atm. So I am not able to upload it as an attachment. But it does not seem to work on win10 anyway. You could try the other utility beltet mentioned instead.

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #1199 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 17:39:56 »

Week has come and gone, any chance for tracking updates Elton? Thanks!