Author Topic: Free stuff! Pay it forward!  (Read 14244964 times)

Offline Goodfella

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Free stuff! Pay it forward!
« Reply #1350 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 23:23:50 »
So I'm still feeling generous. Have you wondered about lubing and stickering switches, but haven't been able to buy lube or stickers? Do you have a keyboard that you're able to open the switches? Are you able to do these things on you're own and follow guides that are on this site?

If so, post here, then PM me.

Please, if I've given you something before, don't try to take this. And please don't try to lie if you're able to get stickers or lube on your own. I'd really like to help someone who can't, and someone who would really actually use the items instead of hoard them.

pm sent  :D
QFR | QFR | QFR | Pure LED

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #1351 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 02:21:40 »
So I'm still feeling generous. Have you wondered about lubing and stickering switches, but haven't been able to buy lube or stickers? Do you have a keyboard that you're able to open the switches? Are you able to do these things on you're own and follow guides that are on this site?

Please, if I've given you something before, don't try to take this. And please don't try to lie if you're able to get stickers or lube on your own. I'd really like to help someone who can't, and someone who would really actually use the items instead of hoard them.
This offer is so good man! Too bad i live on the other end of the world and the shipping and stuff will be a FORTUNE. GLs to the guy that will get this ^^
What the hell am I even doing

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #1352 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 02:29:51 »
Ooh, I want to try stockers/lube. ;) especially the later on my new pure with reds. ;)

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #1353 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 05:30:16 »

This offer is so good man! Too bad i live on the other end of the world and the shipping and stuff will be a FORTUNE. GLs to the guy that will get this ^^
Hello neighbour.

I'm interested in moose's giveaway but would it be possible with a HPE 87 ?

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1354 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 05:35:35 »

Hello neighbour.

I'm interested in moose's giveaway but would it be possible with a HPE 87 ?

I could be wrong, but I believe his offer is for people who own boards that have custom plates (switch top openable), and don't have stickers, lube or tools, but do have the time to follow tutorials using his resources :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 May 2013, 05:41:29 by Jocelyn »

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #1355 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 05:40:21 »
 :'(

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1356 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 11:35:39 »
Custom plates aren't a big deal. I was actually thinking a Poker or something might be easiest. If you have access to a soldering iron somewhere, and are willing to do that, then go for it. But, Chau, that keyboard is plate mounted. You'd have to desolder everything, mod them, then resolder.

AGmurdercore: shipping internationally isn't a big deal, especially for something this small.

To everyone: I've had a number of people interested, so here's where I'm at right now. I would like to pick five people. Now, I could give one person the lube and some stickers, and the other four people a sheet of stickers. OR you could wait while I try to find containers to split the lube into for the five. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it will be a bit of time til everything pans out.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1357 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 11:40:29 »
OR you could wait while I try to find containers to split the lube into for the five. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it will be a bit of time til everything pans out.

I'm not sure what the lube is in now but what about putting it in some type of syringes? Just a thought. :llama:

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1358 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 11:41:47 »
Are you insinuating I'm some kind of heroin addict!?

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1359 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 11:43:09 »
OR you could wait while I try to find containers to split the lube into for the five. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it will be a bit of time til everything pans out.

I'm not sure what the lube is in now but what about putting it in some type of syringes? Just a thought. :llama:

These are better and perfect for a paint brush imo - http://www.amazon.com/Glass-Vials-Dram-Pack-12/dp/B002JV6976/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368895360&sr=8-2&keywords=dram

You won't really need a syringe unless you're doing a GB for lube :p

No, he would have said needles then, not syringes lol

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1360 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 11:44:58 »

obviously NOT! :p   I've just seem some photos of lube in syringes, also things like thermal coupounds etc.  :))

what about something like this

22470-0

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Dropping-Bottles-30ml-pack/dp/B0026K1YCK

22468-1

http://www.amazon.com/Sauce-Container-Piggy-Square-Bottle/dp/B002TZ04FK
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 May 2013, 11:46:33 by ray4jc »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1361 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 11:45:22 »

These are better and perfect for a paint brush imo - http://www.amazon.com/Glass-Vials-Dram-Pack-12/dp/B002JV6976/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368895360&sr=8-2&keywords=dram

You won't really need a syringe unless you're doing a GB for lube :p

No, he would have said needles then, not syringes lol

Ha, I was joking. Those are perfect, doll. Thanks for the link!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1362 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 11:45:23 »

LOL! :))

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #1363 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 12:47:12 »
AGmurdercore: shipping internationally isn't a big deal, especially for something this small.

I totally misunderstood your original post lol, so nevermind what i said!
What the hell am I even doing

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1364 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 14:07:12 »
apacer ddr2 pc2-6400 1gb 240 pin dimm

conus only, cost of shipping only (2$)

pm fcfs

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1365 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 14:07:32 »
Okay, I'm going to cut it off at three people right now. I don't want to spread myself too thin on the lube side. I will be PMing the three people who PM'd me. Also, I'll PM Bunny and see how he wants to handle the switches. Thanks for the interest guys, and I hope this little something helps you start on the road to modding keyboards until they are perfect for you. Which sadly, is still something I haven't done...

Offline Johan

« Reply #1366 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 15:21:03 »
I have a Unused Starcraft+ Broodwar key. In case anyone wants it, let me know.
Taken by Dubsgalore!
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 May 2013, 05:12:42 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1367 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 19:45:57 »

This is an awesome giveaway to those who like SC2 but never played the original! Should go fast!

Offline dndlmx

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1368 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 19:56:45 »
Okay, I'm going to cut it off at three people right now. I don't want to spread myself too thin on the lube side. I will be PMing the three people who PM'd me. Also, I'll PM Bunny and see how he wants to handle the switches.

:p

Offline Johan

« Reply #1369 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 09:24:05 »

This is an awesome giveaway to those who like SC2 but never played the original! Should go fast!

Yeah, I was expecting it to go fast, I bought this copy a while ago as I thought that I had lost my old one. Luckily it turned up before I had the chance of using it B.net.
Uh, stuff.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #1370 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 19:54:42 »
I have this white computer case. You can have it for Fedex costs. I have a shipping scale, and would send cheapest rate. It even has the singer from the Deftones, on the box!  ^-^

Edit: Possibly could get Fedex discount by sneaky means via eBay, I dunno.

Still available, took some pictures too. It's unique, might make a nice home server. Shipping depends on location, but it's roughly gonna be $15-20.
So if you're interested in a $20 case, like new in box...

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #1371 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:46:30 »
Okay, I'm going to cut it off at three people right now. I don't want to spread myself too thin on the lube side. I will be PMing the three people who PM'd me. Also, I'll PM Bunny and see how he wants to handle the switches. Thanks for the interest guys, and I hope this little something helps you start on the road to modding keyboards until they are perfect for you. Which sadly, is still something I haven't done...
thanks moose! Decided against the pure, but am getting a QFR w/ a custom plate that I could still mod. ;)

Offline rocknrob

« Reply #1372 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 00:29:46 »
I have this white computer case. You can have it for Fedex costs. I have a shipping scale, and would send cheapest rate. It even has the singer from the Deftones, on the box!  ^-^

Edit: Possibly could get Fedex discount by sneaky means via eBay, I dunno.

Still available, took some pictures too. It's unique, might make a nice home server. Shipping depends on location, but it's roughly gonna be $15-20.
So if you're interested in a $20 case, like new in box...
PM'd

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1373 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 06:47:36 »
so as some of you may know, i end up making a bunch of keys for good causes as they come up etc, and to be honest im going through keycaps faster than i can acquire them in some cases

so if anyone has some old random caps or caps sets kicking around that they wanna send me to help out with some good causes, that would be fantastic, doesnt matter to much about condition or shine etc

with everything i have done so far i have been using new cap sets but its getting more costly and harder to come by as time goes on

sorry for asking for stuff but if you ever have anything, please think of me

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1374 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 06:52:01 »
so as some of you may know, i end up making a bunch of keys for good causes as they come up etc, and to be honest im going through keycaps faster than i can acquire them in some cases

so if anyone has some old random caps or caps sets kicking around that they wanna send me to help out with some good causes, that would be fantastic, doesnt matter to much about condition or shine etc

with everything i have done so far i have been using new cap sets but its getting more costly and harder to come by as time goes on

I've got near-complete filco and blackwidow keysets that I can sent to you if you want.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1375 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 06:55:21 »

I've got near-complete filco and blackwidow keysets that I can sent to you if you want.

that would be awesome man if you could, and im in the Uk so shipping shouldnt be much so i can hook you up with that

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1376 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 06:59:46 »

that would be awesome man if you could, and im in the Uk so shipping shouldnt be much so i can hook you up with that
Sure. That's fine with me. Could you contact me w/ your shipping info on friday? I'll have to root them out, and due to exams I won't have time until friday.
github

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1377 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 07:01:20 »

Sure. That's fine with me. Could you contact me w/ your shipping info on friday? I'll have to root them out, and due to exams I won't have time until friday.

duly noted my good sir

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1378 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 10:46:41 »
Ping me in a few months and I'll have a lot of raindrop keys leftover.  But for now, I want to keep them around for spares for sorting errors/etc.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1379 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 15:12:05 »

Or this (apart from space bars) might be of interest: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43745.0

$8 for a 104 set!!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #1380 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 18:55:57 »
I've got some Dota 2 invites if anyone still needs any.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1381 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 20:38:34 »

pm sent
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1382 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 20:57:26 »

I think I've got about 30...
free qualifiers for those who;d rather watch

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #1383 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 21:51:43 »
** Australia Only ** - I have some PAO grease, great for lubing stabilizers.  I'll send it in a small syringe.  Only 3 available. 

1)
2)
3)
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1384 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:21:16 »
free alan wake american nightmare steam key to the first person with over 100 posts to pm me                                                                                                                                               

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1385 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:23:38 »
Ooo so tempted but I feel like I won too recently :9

The timing.. I literally just opened my eyes from sleep and im on my phone in bed. Lol. "Less than min"
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:26:14 by VesperSAINT »

Offline thegagne

« Reply #1386 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:24:58 »
Apparently I need to get my post count up and stop lurking.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1387 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:27:19 »

The timing.. I literally just opened my eyes from sleep and im on my phone in bed. Lol. "Less than min"

and the winner is the awesome VesperSAINT

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1388 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:27:55 »
free alan wake american nightmare steam key to the first person with over 100 posts to pm me                                                                                                                                               

Ok so if anyone else is interested in alan awake check out this weeks humble bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1389 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:34:22 »

Looks like I'm in for goosebumps tonight with the lights off and sound up! Thank you!! :) Now to get out of bed and turn on the computer :))

"awesome VesperSAINT" pffffffff if I'm awesome you're JAWESOME!!!
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:36:10 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1390 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:35:37 »

Looks like I'm in for goosebumps tonight with the lights off and sound up! Thank you!! :) Now to get out of bed and turn on the computer :))

Lol Tapatapatapa ;)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1391 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:41:29 »

Lol Tapatapatapa ;)

Hahaha yup! This thing has me on the phone all the time when I'm away from the desktop :)) Look at what you've persuaded me into! Haha jkjkjk <3

Seriously tho, I wake up, grab for my phone, turn this on and see bunny posted less than min ago. Timing was pretty crazy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2013, 14:14:13 by VesperSAINT »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1392 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 12:21:27 »
who likes free stuff?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1393 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 12:23:59 »
I DO!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1394 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 12:24:34 »
ME TOO!
github

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1395 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 12:25:18 »
who likes free stuff?

Absolutely hate it.  Only not really.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1396 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 12:28:49 »
ME TOO!

I DO!

who likes free stuff?

well i may or may not have something to give away but if I do you guys can have dibs  :p

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1397 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 12:29:56 »
well i may or may not have something to give away but if I do you guys can have dibs  :p
Sweeet! :D
github

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1398 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 12:30:16 »
i think i will drop some free stuff up in this piece tonight too

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1399 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 12:30:20 »
ME TOO!

I DO!

who likes free stuff?

Gratz you three! And thanks for the giveaways ray4jc :)