geekhack Marketplace > Originative Archive

LightSaver by Duck

<< < (67/67)

karazi:
Thank you!  Really appreciate you hosting them.  Interesting layout - could be a good starting point for me.  The other thread has some great layouts too, hopefully I can map this keyboard for everything I need.  Thanks!

elton5354:
That layout is only available for the V2 though

ranker:
In case anyone wants to know for whatever reason.  I'm a person who purchased one of these kits from Originativeco.  It was my very first keyboard transaction, and not a very pleasant experience as the owner of that website is super hard to get ahold of.  I had to cold call him a thousand times.  It was easy because I was excited and looking forward to receiving it, but the effort to get this thing kind of killed it for me so it's just sitting on my desk at home.  Mine came with the PCB board, the metal plate and the bottom portion of the case, which I believe is the only casing it uses because the top is completely covered by the keycaps. 

I'm still new to keyboards, so I haven't actually done anything with it yet.  My plan was to use it as a learning project, but after reading some of these posts dealing with the firmware etc, I'm a little intimidated to start with soldering in the LEDs although this site has been super helpful with precise info to order everything. 

If I can fetch a premium for the kit, I'd be willing to sell it...but I have to get some type of premium for it because I must have used 20 hours of time in calling this company to get this thing...haha.  I'm kind of kidding.  In all seriousness, I'm open to offers, but not in a hurry to sell it.  It doesn't have any scratches or any damage whatsoever.  Perfect condition and never used/installed/attempted anything, etc.

I'm contemplating ordering the second GB..not sure yet though.

dorkvader:

--- Quote from: ranker on Sun, 20 April 2014, 10:05:10 ---In case anyone wants to know for whatever reason.  I'm a person who purchased one of these kits from Originativeco.  It was my very first keyboard transaction, and not a very pleasant experience as the owner of that website is super hard to get ahold of.  I had to cold call him a thousand times.  It was easy because I was excited and looking forward to receiving it, but the effort to get this thing kind of killed it for me so it's just sitting on my desk at home.  Mine came with the PCB board, the metal plate and the bottom portion of the case, which I believe is the only casing it uses because the top is completely covered by the keycaps. 

I'm still new to keyboards, so I haven't actually done anything with it yet.  My plan was to use it as a learning project, but after reading some of these posts dealing with the firmware etc, I'm a little intimidated to start with soldering in the LEDs although this site has been super helpful with precise info to order everything. 

If I can fetch a premium for the kit, I'd be willing to sell it...but I have to get some type of premium for it because I must have used 20 hours of time in calling this company to get this thing...haha.  I'm kind of kidding.  In all seriousness, I'm open to offers, but not in a hurry to sell it.  It doesn't have any scratches or any damage whatsoever.  Perfect condition and never used/installed/attempted anything, etc.

--- End quote ---

You can do it! we are here to help. This would make a great starter project to learn on because it's very forgiving of mistakes and hard to mess up. It's a great KB when you're done.

elton5354:

--- Quote from: ranker on Sun, 20 April 2014, 10:05:10 ---In case anyone wants to know for whatever reason.  I'm a person who purchased one of these kits from Originativeco.  It was my very first keyboard transaction, and not a very pleasant experience as the owner of that website is super hard to get ahold of.  I had to cold call him a thousand times.  It was easy because I was excited and looking forward to receiving it, but the effort to get this thing kind of killed it for me so it's just sitting on my desk at home.  Mine came with the PCB board, the metal plate and the bottom portion of the case, which I believe is the only casing it uses because the top is completely covered by the keycaps. 

--- End quote ---

I'll take it for $295

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version