Author Topic: GH - DotA2 players  (Read 256573 times)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
Re: GH - DotA2 players
« Reply #800 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 08:49:32 »
Dude, AUI has to be so stoked. Get shaded by your team, go on to win DAC lol

I don't think secret played that great but they did do an amazing job of turning zai/rtz's bad plays into "space created" objectives. Not to mention there strict stick to the plan style.

I do think if secret work out some different strats they'll be really strong. TI is going to be nuts this year... Hoping to make the trip for it!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #801 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 09:28:48 »
I would live to attend TI as well if my funds allow me.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #802 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 10:28:40 »
I'm probably going to TI. I technically only need to cover the cost of a ticket to the event, since I'm staying with a friend and I have enough miles to cover the flight.

However, I'll need to eat, and I'll probably want to buy some stuff at the event.

But either way, it's still not exactly a cheap affair.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #803 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 11:24:20 »
AH YEAH!!! I told my wife she could tag along... you should've seen the look I got xD
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #804 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 13:28:45 »
I can only dream of attending such events. :(
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #805 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 13:34:27 »
AH YEAH!!! I told my wife she could tag along... you should've seen the look I got xD
I was about to go last year via road trip with my wife and she decided she didn't want to ride my sweet car or the whole trip....

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #806 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 15:34:22 »
I hope future TI's would be somewhere else other than Seattle but one can only dream right? :(
My 10 year US Visa expired a year ago. It's a hassle for me to get it renewed but one day, I'll attend it... but not this year.

BTW,
iG.BurNIng boysssss!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #807 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 11:05:55 »
It's safe to say that I enjoyed the new comic.

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #808 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 11:40:07 »

Offline magically

« Reply #809 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 01:04:59 »
I want xiao8s contract to expire so he can finally join another team and win TI...

Burning is joining IG. Said so on his stream. Apparently Xiao8 is also replacing June. RotK rumored to join CDEC.

And yeah, definitely to early to call them TI5 champions. I think that they're gonna have so much riding on their shoulders. They look fantastic though and Dager is an incredible drafter which is without a doubt the hardest thing in dota.

June out of iG? I sure do hope not, June played well.. There are news as well that Burning replace as carry, and then Cty joining iG as support.

Secret played like crap, the 15-0 was a fluke. I thought they had some pocket strat.. but that's all they got, they got figured out. I expect VG to stomp both team anyway.

Or you know, bo1's vs bo3's. anything can happen in bo1's  ;)

They struggled in playoff, except the iG series. They suck, until they can prove me wrong.. they are just a bunch of fluke. I mean I really like Puppey, but.. his drafts are always the same.

PS: I am still salty about them kicking n0tail...

Lol, PPD's draft is like > Puppey's atm. Puppey's draft it too meta based. PPD's a little bit more innovative(?) if that's the proper word for it  ^-^

Lol, that's true. I'm actually liking PPD's drafting more, he's very good at countering draft while going with his strategy.

sry guys went to the dac so haven't been on GH much these few weeks. the only roster change for ig is probably only gonna be ch. xiao8 is going to LGD.

Offline magically

« Reply #810 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 01:09:02 »
These DAC matches tho... who DAC in here?

OOOOHHHHH  i was there i was there... the seats were super uncomfy tho...

Offline magically

« Reply #811 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 01:09:24 »
Holy **** I'm hype for these finals...

burning v black hnnnng

i feel so bad for black :( it's not even his fault...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #812 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 15:15:07 »
I think it's strange how he's been a part of VG for so long, and they've done really quite well these last few months with him in the team, for them to suddenly go: "we need people who all speak Chinese for communication reasons". Guess it's the pressures of Chinese Dota to do well.

Kind of makes sense why he was so keen on wearing that VG scarf for the whole of DAC... He won't be without a team for long though, I still think he's one of the best carrys in the game right now.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #813 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 18:16:22 »
magically, how smooth was the event overall? seems like there were plenty of issues behind the scene that viewers weren't entirely privy to

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #814 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 19:38:30 »
I think it's strange how he's been a part of VG for so long, and they've done really quite well these last few months with him in the team, for them to suddenly go: "we need people who all speak Chinese for communication reasons". Guess it's the pressures of Chinese Dota to do well.

Kind of makes sense why he was so keen on wearing that VG scarf for the whole of DAC... He won't be without a team for long though, I still think he's one of the best carrys in the game right now.
It is mainly because black does not have as much awareness compared to other carries. Most top tier Position 1 in China farms while keeping active by watching the whole map as well as trying to see possible outcomes and if anyone is missing, unlike black^ who just focuses on farming and has almost no presence and needs to be babysat compared to the others. This is basically what Xiao8 mentioned as well as the other top players. I have them on my friends list and have played with them for fun for quite some time and you can confirm this if you would like me to add you  :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #815 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 19:47:08 »
It is mainly because black does not have as much awareness compared to other carries. Most top tier Position 1 in China farms while keeping active by watching the whole map as well as trying to see possible outcomes and if anyone is missing, unlike black^ who just focuses on farming and has almost no presence and needs to be babysat compared to the others. This is basically what Xiao8 mentioned as well as the other top players. I have them on my friends list and have played with them for fun for quite some time and you can confirm this if you would like me to add you  :thumb:

I don't think that was the case towards the end of his time with CIS and the start of his time with VG. Nobody said anything about his awareness back then. I dunno. Seems a bit ****ty to me.

I don't actually play anymore hah. I don't have the time or the people to play with really. I had fun for a while and then the enjoyment trailed off. I still watch it, but I just don't enjoy playing anymore.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #816 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 19:48:03 »
He was going to get kicked from VG even if they won anyway

Offline R1N3

« Reply #817 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 20:10:48 »

I don't think that was the case towards the end of his time with CIS and the start of his time with VG. Nobody said anything about his awareness back then. I dunno. Seems a bit ****ty to me.

I don't actually play anymore hah. I don't have the time or the people to play with really. I had fun for a while and then the enjoyment trailed off. I still watch it, but I just don't enjoy playing anymore.

This meta is anti ogre sadly.. I wanted him to do well after he decided to stick it out when LGD.int disbanded and he has, but VG had already made up their mind about kicking him it seems. He'll get on another team eventually but if he stays in china it won't be another T1 team. There's a stigma attached to black now and they're going to avoid him.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #818 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 20:13:24 »
Right you are. In China, they are a but biased against other nationalities.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #819 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 21:08:52 »
i thought chinese actually liked black, i remember them being very protective of him when his team failed in the TI4 qualifiers

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #820 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 22:14:25 »
i thought i'd like auroth but man what a **** hero

oh well, that's too bad

back to oracle/SD/enigma

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #821 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 22:15:30 »
i thought chinese actually liked black, i remember them being very protective of him when his team failed in the TI4 qualifiers
Remember when DK got the smelly finger pointed at them when they recruited Iceiceice and mushi?

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #822 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 22:45:43 »
right.. isn't that also why chinese teams didn't want to scrim with DK? though i think ice3x is mostly accepted now

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #823 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 22:49:09 »
By his team perhaps but not necessarily the whole community. Eventually it will be like how it is with Chuan and DDC

Offline magically

« Reply #824 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 23:48:51 »
magically, how smooth was the event overall? seems like there were plenty of issues behind the scene that viewers weren't entirely privy to

Well, at the main event, the matches went pretty smoothly. I was aware of the thread on reddit about soundproofing problems but I think that exists everywhere... the guards at the event were really strict. If you bought a VIP/normal ticket, you could only use the ticket twice, it has 2 stubs and gets scanned. If you didn't get scanned when you exit by accident, you can't go back in as well... I had a friend with that problem. If you had a backstage pass you had to have another secondary voucher to get in, they were not very good at distributing that... and some players had problems getting in either because they didn't get it at breakfast or lost it or something. The teams that didn't make pass the wildcard only got podium tickets and can only sit really high up the venue which I thought was quite unreasonable...

For the players, there's a place at the front with stools... I remember lots of ppl just giving up and start to lie on the floor, backstage there's a small booth, tv and sofa for each team with a girl in miniskirt/tube top standing outside each door for decoration...

By his team perhaps but not necessarily the whole community. Eventually it will be like how it is with Chuan and DDC

I guess the truth is the opposite. The whole community in general loves him. He's the one voted for the all stars match rather than ICE or FY. And at the event all the Chinese fans just swarm towards him it's almost Dendi level. And in all fairness most threads on Chinese forums empathise towards Black. Chuan ... I think it's his overall attitude and temper and nothing to do with his nationality, and he was originally from Mainland or smth. DDC ... I think is just a victim of internal ... erm what's the word ... he think he's just not as good socializing with the management and decision makers. 

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #825 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 23:52:02 »
I meant player wise and not the actual Chinese community in general.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #826 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 00:38:15 »
magically, i was referring to stuff like pauses/disconnects, and that incident where Charlie had to buy new chairs for the whole EG squad. good to know nothing really major occurred tho

Offline magically

« Reply #827 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 03:43:04 »
i actually had breakfast today with black because he had to come to Hong Kong for visa matters. He had visa issues when he was is via but when he joined VG they got him a teacher and even he's team mates never say it was issue when they are just by themselves. But in interviews they mention it so it puts the idea in casters and audiences heads about communication problems so like when they see VG smoke and black gets left out or like team fight and black is laning somewhere else ppl think it must have been that black didn't understand or wasn't aware but in truth it was communicated that way intentionally

Anyhoo I think best option for him would be to go to ehome which actually performed better than expectations there are rumours about maybe and injuly going there too of course another option would be to go back to Europe

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #828 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 04:52:37 »
Euro Dota definitely needs a boost. We used to be a serious powerhouse, with Fnatic, Empire, Navi all being really quite good, now we have a really sub-par Navi. And that's pretty much it.

I don't class Secret as Euro because zai and RTZ used to be classed as USA, they can't be Euro too. Also **** Puppey.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #829 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:43:58 »
i actually had breakfast today with black because he had to come to Hong Kong for visa matters. He had visa issues when he was is via but when he joined VG they got him a teacher and even he's team mates never say it was issue when they are just by themselves. But in interviews they mention it so it puts the idea in casters and audiences heads about communication problems so like when they see VG smoke and black gets left out or like team fight and black is laning somewhere else ppl think it must have been that black didn't understand or wasn't aware but in truth it was communicated that way intentionally

Anyhoo I think best option for him would be to go to ehome which actually performed better than expectations there are rumours about maybe and injuly going there too of course another option would be to go back to Europe

thanks for your insight into the event, i really appreciate it.

it's really interesting to read

Euro Dota definitely needs a boost. We used to be a serious powerhouse, with Fnatic, Empire, Navi all being really quite good, now we have a really sub-par Navi. And that's pretty much it.

I don't class Secret as Euro because zai and RTZ used to be classed as USA, they can't be Euro too. Also **** Puppey.

why "**** puppey"?

he's one of the best captains right now, and he's got a great team behind him.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #830 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:51:00 »

why "**** puppey"?

he's one of the best captains right now, and he's got a great team behind him.

I just think he's a bit of an ass. I don't like his attitude really, and with him and RTZ on the same team, it just means I can focus all my hate on one team.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #831 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:51:44 »
RTZ has become a lot less of a ****head than he used to be

that said, he's still a ****head

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #832 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 11:02:47 »
RTZ has become a lot less of a ****head than he used to be

that said, he's still a ****head

Hahah, yeah, I think I've explained my views on his behaviour in this thread before. I just don't really want to try and like him anymore. I get why people do, but yeah.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #833 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 06:54:36 »
I hope future TI's would be somewhere else other than Seattle but one can only dream right? :(
My 10 year US Visa expired a year ago. It's a hassle for me to get it renewed but one day, I'll attend it... but not this year.

BTW,
iG.BurNIng boysssss!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pretty sure soon you won't need a visa to go USA, you can just visit. : ) I am planning to go next year, since my friend is currently in USA, and won't be leaving for at least another few years, I can stay at his place!

sry guys went to the dac so haven't been on GH much these few weeks. the only roster change for ig is probably only gonna be ch. xiao8 is going to LGD.

That's good news!

That's like saying c9 is NA though.. But then again, if you think c9 is NA, Secret is NA too, since they basically only have RTZ who is from Canada, the same as EE.  :thumb:

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline R1N3

« Reply #834 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 07:30:07 »
ehome which actually performed better than expectations

I thought they'd do WAY better than they did, but obviously they've got some kinks to work out.
IMO inflame needs to be in a role where he can have a higher impact. His skills are through the roof but he can't shine on low skill cap support heroes

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #835 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 04:29:40 »

BTW,
iG.BurNIng boysssss!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pretty sure soon you won't need a visa to go USA, you can just visit. : ) I am planning to go next year, since my friend is currently in USA, and won't be leaving for at least another few years, I can stay at his place!

Unfortunately, Malaysian passport holders need a visa even for a short trip. I know Singaporeans just need some sort of entry pass tho.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #836 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 08:04:18 »
Finally AEL!  :thumb:

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #837 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 08:10:30 »
Finally AEL!  :thumb:

Oooo, who's in the finals?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #838 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 10:15:22 »
EHOME malaysia

that's an interesting move from them, but it looks like a really good team at least as far as skill goes

mushi and the denier on the same team again... hmmm...

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #839 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:41:09 »
Soooooo June is out of iG. Any idea where he's heading to @magically? :O

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #840 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 16:36:35 »
mali says CDEC, but knowing mali that could be totally wrong.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #841 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 12:56:03 »
i think the last time i was this hype for chinese dota, xiao8 played offlane

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #842 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 12:58:37 »

SO MANY lineup changes.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #843 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:20:12 »

xiao8 support, mushi support EleGiggle

Offline magically

« Reply #844 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 18:55:16 »
omg so many new teams -.-
there are at least 17 teams in Chinese and Newbee has 3....

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #845 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 21:07:42 »

VG.P is technically LGaming.
Good to see academy teams though :D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #846 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:42:45 »

You guys need more tournaments.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #847 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:59:53 »

Shoutouts to starladder being more inclusive this year.

Who's watching Major All Stars??

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #848 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 03:48:19 »

Shoutouts to starladder being more inclusive this year.

Who's watching Major All Stars??

Lol tourney to say the least. Not a proud Malaysian. The organisers have zero clue. :D
Massive delays apparently. Plastic chairs <- (lulz)
Oh wells.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #849 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 03:49:37 »
Hahaha yea it's amateur hour on the organization side of things!