geekhack Marketplace > Vendor Feedback

Varmilo Feedback Thread

<< < (5/6) > >>

phinix:
When can we expect VA69M in ISO (UK)?

Photoelectric:
PLEASE use this thread only for your feedback on Varmilo as a vendor on GeekHack.  This thread is not for Varmilo product reviews nor product requests.  You can do those things in the Varmilo subforum:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=192.0  :thumb:

autobot:
Would looooove an RGB version of the VB87, and keep the south LED orientation, as I like windowed keycaps!  :thumb:

Also, maybe an aluminum case (offer in Silver and Charcoal Gray), but nonfloating keys for the VB87?

Replace USB mini with USB micro, located between the F12 and Prt Sc key.

Should also work in USB cabled mode.

That would be endgame territory for me.

Chris_bramley:
Just thought I'd pop in my tuppence worth as an IT Professional and a published author writing a lot (current book before editing down is 330k words!).

I spent several hours reviewing and testing keyboards yesterday at The Keyboard Company (Filcos, DAS Keyboards, Realforce RGB, Cooler Master, Type Heaven, 105UB and Varmilo) and the choice came down to two for me: The Realforce 105UB ISO UK layout or the Varmilo VA69M Ice Blue.

The main points for me, in order of importance, were:

1) typing feel (speed, accuracy, tactility, fatigue)
2) build quality
3) factor (100/80/60%)
4) backlighting (dark room)
5) other things (macros, windows lock, etc etc)

I loved the clack, the PBT, the frame, essentially EVERYTHING about the UK version of this. The ice white keys and blue backlight are really nice as well. The ONLY thing that swung me to buy the much more drab, normal Realforce was the Topre switches, which were sublime. I loved the blues on the Varmilo but Topre are just better for me for pure typing.

Basically, if you had also offered this with Topre switches, I would never have bought another keyboard again. The Varmilo was pretty perfect for me in build quality, size, feel, keycap material and size, backlighting and extras for a bit of gaming (I use a keypad more) and a LOT of typing. But… Topre wins out over blues long term in feel. I'd probably buy both, to be honest.

The Realforce board is much more basic, but it was the switches. For a writer/author you just can't beat them.

So - would you consider a "writer's edition" of the ice blue with topre switches instead of blues? Because I'd buy that immediately and recommend it.

Some of the info on my site about this here:

http://christopherbramley.co.uk/writing-faqs/

rowdy:

--- Quote from: Chris_bramley on Sat, 06 May 2017, 09:48:12 ---Just thought I'd pop in my tuppence worth as an IT Professional and a published author writing a lot (current book before editing down is 330k words!).

I spent several hours reviewing and testing keyboards yesterday at The Keyboard Company (Filcos, DAS Keyboards, Realforce RGB, Cooler Master, Type Heaven, 105UB and Varmilo) and the choice came down to two for me: The Realforce 105UB ISO UK layout or the Varmilo VA69M Ice Blue.

The main points for me, in order of importance, were:

1) typing feel (speed, accuracy, tactility, fatigue)
2) build quality
3) factor (100/80/60%)
4) backlighting (dark room)
5) other things (macros, windows lock, etc etc)

I loved the clack, the PBT, the frame, essentially EVERYTHING about the UK version of this. The ice white keys and blue backlight are really nice as well. The ONLY thing that swung me to buy the much more drab, normal Realforce was the Topre switches, which were sublime. I loved the blues on the Varmilo but Topre are just better for me for pure typing.

Basically, if you had also offered this with Topre switches, I would never have bought another keyboard again. The Varmilo was pretty perfect for me in build quality, size, feel, keycap material and size, backlighting and extras for a bit of gaming (I use a keypad more) and a LOT of typing. But… Topre wins out over blues long term in feel. I'd probably buy both, to be honest.

The Realforce board is much more basic, but it was the switches. For a writer/author you just can't beat them.

So - would you consider a "writer's edition" of the ice blue with topre switches instead of blues? Because I'd buy that immediately and recommend it.

Some of the info on my site about this here:

http://christopherbramley.co.uk/writing-faqs/

--- End quote ---

Also sounds like a bit of praise for The Keyboard Company.  I've been recommending them to UK and sometimes European people for a while - it is good to hear that they are receptive to people spending hours trying keyboards :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version