geekhack Marketplace > Clueboard

Keycap options for a Clueboard with Matias switches

(1/3) > >>

KeepTypingAndNobodyCries:
Hi!

I'm very interested in a Clueboard with Matias clicky switches. I own a Leopard FC660M and I find it hard to find keycaps for it because of the special layout. I guess it will be much harder when I want keycaps in this layout for alps?

If you know any resources for nice alps keycaps, that would fit on the Clueboard, please let me know. :)

Fictiouz:
It actually wouldn't be all that bad as right shift and left shift are the same size. Aside from that I believe everything is fairly standard and bottom row supports multiple configurations. So as long as you can find a alps set and have access to another left shift you should be good to go.  :thumb:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Also skullydazed supplies TaiHao ABS caps directly on his website for alps which includes the extra shift.

KeepTypingAndNobodyCries:
True, the one shift key is usually the problem. I would love to have something like GMK 9009 for alps.

Maybe I will just go with the official Mathias keycaps or I'll wait for a chance to snatch an "Alpine Winter" set.

Fictiouz:

--- Quote from: KeepTypingAndNobodyCries on Mon, 21 November 2016, 08:44:08 ---True, the one shift key is usually the problem. I would love to have something like GMK 9009 for alps.

Maybe I will just go with the official Mathias keycaps or I'll wait for a chance to snatch an "Alpine Winter" set.

--- End quote ---

With Alpine winter you would have to get 2 sets if you wanted to have both shifts. Also IIRC Alpine Winter was exclusively a 60% set and did not include arrow keys.

pwade3:
Not sure how common ISO shifts are with alps/matias caps, but I went with a split right shift on my clueboard to make things a little easier.

Since sets like GMK often come with 1.25u shifts and 1u win keys, it makes for pretty easy compatibility in my experience. Worst case scenario, I've got mismatched legends with cheaper sets like taihao.

But that's all for MX caps, so YMMV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version