Author Topic: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - GB 15th December - GB Thread UP!  (Read 99510 times)

Offline raz

[IC] GMK Avanguardia - GB 15th December - GB Thread UP!
« on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 11:53:42 »

Link to Discord server
raz.works

Last Update!

So, this will be the last update. The 15th of December GMK Avanguardia is going live on
EU: Candykeys
USA: Vala Supply
Asia: iLumkb
Australia: Switchkeys
Canada: Deskhero

It's been a long journey but we're finally here! Thank you all for the support and critiques - you helped me a lot guys!

Below are posted all the new renders and the new kits. Beside that, I worked on a website about the projects I'm working on: raz.works and started a Discord server.
If you're Italian, there's this Discord server where I practically developed the whole set with the help of the Italian community.

I'm going to setup the Geekhack GB post with all the fuzz soon!

Thank you all again for the support bois <3

PS: this is the GMK Box i designed. I hope GMK can print the inside of it.

NEW KITS!

Minimalistico

Figure e Forme

Alternativo

Striscia

Milleottocento

40Per100

Linee

Deskmats:
Those are designed to be standard 900x400mm!

Keyboards Renders
I did all the renders here, i am still learning so don't be too much picky  ;D

Latest Renders

Old Post
More
Hello Geekhack Community!

I am Raz, a web designer from Italy and I would like to present you my first keycap set project!
Quarantine here in Italy gave me the opportunity to develop some ideas that I had been dragging for some time.

I partnered up with my friend and designer Johnnymalandra and came up with the idea of GMK Avanguardia:
I chose an italian word that, as you can guess corresponds to "Avant-guard" or "Vanguard",
referring to all those extreme, daring and innovative artists with a futuristic sight capable of anticipating their times.

I have seen that sets featuring themes related to modern pop culture have always been appreciated, so I thought, why not pay respect to a great artist who influenced it the most in shapes and colors.
More than content, this set draws its inspiration from Kandinsky's words:
"Art goes beyond the limits in which time would like to compress it, and indicates the content in the future"

The Color Palette

We especially referred to Vasilij Vasil’evič Kandinskij and
this painting to get the inspiration for the novelties:

We wanted to give our concept a more personal interpretation by using a palette oriented towards the tech world and so the result is down here!

I would like to thank all my friends from the ClickyClackClub Italian community for the support they showed me and Johnnymalandra for the awesome artworks!

Nasu by crusader_alex

Mega by Keebwerk

TKC MOLLY

Rama U80

Vendors:

EU: Candykeys
USA: Vala Supply
Asia: iLumkb
Australia: Switchkeys
Canada: Deskhero

UPDATES

June 11
  - Updated the 40s kit leaving out the 1.75 spacebar support and adding magenta 1u Esc and Enter keys
  - Updated the spacebar kit dropping the 1.75 spacebar support

June 9
  - We have a canadian proxy! Thank you Deskhero!
  - We have an asian proxy! Thank you iLumkb!
  - Edited 40s and Spacebars | The 40s now have 2x2u and 2x1.75u spacebars
  - Proposing an Alternate set with dark number row and additional tab. With this one plus the base you would fill two keyboards. I am testing this up and getting feedbacks on the IC Form. This is the kit:

COLORS
I read a lot of concerns about color contrast and Violet Tendencies similarities.
I've uploaded an imgur album with some renders of Violet Tendencies mods and my alphas/mods in different light conditions:

imgur album with contrasts and gmk tendencies mods

TLDR:

I made this render cause people is concerned about GMK Avanguardia sharing the same GMK Nightshade's palette. In this image you can check GMK colors CR, N9 and NY:

Thanks to
ClickyClackClub Italian community,
David from Candykeys
Keycap Designers discord community!

I am going to update this post with changelogs and new renders soon :)
Remember to fillout the IC form, it would help me a lot!

Here's the geekhack signature banner for GMK Avanguardia:

You can copy paste the code below to support this set!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105981.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/wOwCmfC.jpg[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 December 2020, 16:31:46 by raz »

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 11:55:06 »
First comment, oiy oiy! Lets do this.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline MaKrum

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 11:56:08 »
You did a really nice work man, good luck con amore dall'italia!

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2020, 11:59:19 by MaKrum »

Offline Capsy

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 11:56:56 »
Love it.

Offline fedemito

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 11:57:02 »
Nice work Raz! Good luck and in bocca al lupo!

Offline toastyAU

• the breadcat
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:00:12 »
deskmat is gorgeous

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Dolphin v3 | En Dash | Hyphen | Isla | Zenith | Jules | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:09:17 »
I'm interested, i like the extra b in the base. mats are nice too, i wish i was personally capable of using a white mat without focusing on every little particle that finds its way on it lol.

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:24:19 »
Renders look ridiculous

Offline iSamurai

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:28:14 »
Ne norde avail?

Inviato dal mio H8314 utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:31:28 »
I don’t love the keyset but I do love the mats and tshirts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MaKrum

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:32:10 »
Renders look ridiculous

I think they are pretty decent considering that they are the result of his firt attempt with render

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:33:49 »
Renders look ridiculous

I think they are pretty decent considering that they are the result of his firt approach with render
It was meant in a positive way LOL

Offline Vyndem

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:33:55 »
Not really a big fan of the keyset as of right now, but I do love the deskmats.

Offline MaKrum

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:37:04 »
Renders look ridiculous

I think they are pretty decent considering that they are the result of his firt approach with render
It was meant in a positive way LOL

in this case I completely agree with you

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:39:53 »
Amazing work bra, been awesome seeing this grow. All in on that mat <3

Offline jestemfranklin

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:48:55 »
Love the concept and novelties, but there's so many purple and dark grey sets these days...any chance for alts in any of the varied Kandinsky palettes?

Offline sourmk

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:49:30 »
Got quite excited looking at the banner, nice design and type choice, very clean. Set is definitely not for me, and doesn't really match what I thought when I saw the top of this post. The mats look great though! Nice work, GLWIC!
Some Work: GMK Wasabi | GMK Pono | GMK Dandy | ePBT DuO | GMK Hooty | Petals Sixty

Some Collabs: ePBT Ivory | GMK Deep Navy | GMK Fundamentals | GMK Polybius | GMK Blurple | GMK Deepwell | GMK Fuji | GMK Pacific

Some Boards: Daji Seis Cinco, Ocho Quattro, Seis Cero | MatrixLab 2.0 ADD + CP, 2.0 Xmas + CP, 1.2OG | Keycult 1/60 | Hiney Ladybird | QXP | Noxary 268.2

Discord - https://discord.gg/j3PxfJ4rBC | Instagram - https://instagram.com/sourmk | Web - https://www.sourmk.com/

Offline Bits

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:50:04 »
You might wanna fix the renders for the base kit. You have 'F', 'G', and '5' as the barred homing keys instead of 'F', 'J, and' 5'

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline zekth

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:50:21 »
Definitely not into the colorscheme but novelties are cool and really fit the theme.

Why 2 B in the base kit? and not into the 40kit? as in the alice layout you need those spacebars.

Offline Scucka

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:56:27 »
Ah my friend you're a god, I love it!  :D

Offline Pach

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:04:21 »
The geometry is such a cool design, keep it up!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:07:24 »
Cool set and amazing renders duder.
On some pics is hard to tell if it's a real photo or a render, good work :thumb:

Offline raz

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:14:51 »
First of all: thank you everyone for the support!

I am going to update the post with the color palette as i missed that in the first place!

You might wanna fix the renders for the base kit. You have 'F', 'G', and '5' as the barred homing keys instead of 'F', 'J, and' 5'
Show Image

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Eagle Eye! Thanks, i am going to fix and update the post!

Definitely not into the colorscheme but novelties are cool and really fit the theme.

Why 2 B in the base kit? and not into the 40kit? as in the alice layout you need those spacebars.

If i did the math right, you can put the base kit on the Alice layout by using shifts instead of spacebars :)

For any questions i am here! I am just working on more renders with different lights temperature!

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:18:29 »
I would buy the deskmat.

Offline zekth

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:23:38 »

If i did the math right, you can put the base kit on the Alice layout by using shifts instead of spacebars :)

For any questions i am here! I am just working on more renders with different lights temperature!

With this logic you can replace the second B with any non used R4 1U key  :-X

Offline krautcat

• local the flammable man without identity
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:32:30 »
i'm into the keyset because of inspirations and references but... colors. What?

Also see in the forties 1.5U Enter key but no 1.5U Tab key. As owner of forty board with uncommon staggering I would like to see 1.5U R3 Tab key in this kit.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:45:58 by krautcat »

Offline MaKrum

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:39:18 »

I think he puts 'B' in the base kit so people are not forced to pay more buying the 40s kit.
if you want to put on an alice the spacebar instead of shift you can buy the 40s but you also have to buy the base kit so isn't really important where you put 'B'
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:48:02 by MaKrum »

Offline raz

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:43:17 »

You're right, you can always buy the base so you have the right Alphas and get the spacebars or 40s to get the spacebars 😊
I think it's a good "cheap" addon to a base kit!

i'm into the keyset because of inspirations and references but... colors. What?

Also see in the forties 1.5U Enter key but no 1.5U Tab key. As owner of forty board with uncommon staggering I would like to see 1.5U R3 Tab key in this kit.

I am all in for advices about the 40s kit! I know there are a lot of layouts and i am not really in ortho/40s keyboards. Can you send me a KLE layout or just a pic of your keyboard?
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:49:50 by raz »

Offline krautcat

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:52:57 »
I am all in for advice about the 40s kit! I know there are a lot of layouts and i am not really in ortho/40s keyboards. Can you send me a KLE layout or just a pic of your keyboard?
I own Pearl keyboard.

Also I want to discuss the colors.

Why did you choose such horrendous and disgusting color palette (in the context of art and especially Kandinskij) for the set? Why black and violet if suprematists didn't use this colors? So your inspiration and references I see only in novelties. I really into suprematism and neoplasticism. And, for example, GMK Mondrian made it better. I really feel his works thorugh the set. But there's no such vibe through the main part of the set, the colors.

The colors. If I wanted interesting black'n violet set, I would like to buy GMK Rouge, for example. It's interesting set with colors in the spirit of it. But such color combination in this set is hard no for me.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:55:17 by krautcat »

Offline Italian_T3ddy_v2

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:59:54 »
Wow man those novelties and deskmats are awesome! And the renders are insane, keep it up :D

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 14:23:54 »
I am very disappointed in the color palette. There are already several black/gray and purple/violet sets on the horizon or in recent memory, such as Black Lotus (live GB on TKC), Rouge (GB in June), and First Love (ran last year).

Now I’m not one of those people to say you can’t use a similar color palette as a set that has been run before. I’m disappointed because the color appears to have nothing to do with your stated inspiration. The inspiration painting posted in your OP is full of reds, oranges, and yellows. There is no purple.

In terms of overall design, your deskpads, novelties, and T-shirts look really great! I hope you find traction simply because there is obvious inspiration and dedication placed into your work.

Offline MaKrum

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 14:30:34 »
I am all in for advice about the 40s kit! I know there are a lot of layouts and i am not really in ortho/40s keyboards. Can you send me a KLE layout or just a pic of your keyboard?
I own Pearl keyboard.

Why did you choose such horrendous and disgusting color palette (in the context of art and especially Kandinskij) for the set? Why black and violet if suprematists didn't use this colors? So your inspiration and references I see only in novelties. I really into suprematism and neoplasticism. And, for example, GMK Mondrian made it better. I really feel his works thorugh the set. But there's no such vibe through the main part of the set, the colors.

The colors. If I wanted interesting black'n violet set, I would like to buy GMK Rouge, for example. It's interesting set with colors in the spirit of it. But such color combination in this set is hard no for me.

I think he is free to choose any colore he wants, Avant-guard is an art movement, not a simple palette

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 14:44:09 »
I like the deskmats a lot.

Offline krautcat

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 15:23:27 »
I think he is free to choose any colore he wants, Avant-guard is an art movement, not a simple palette

It doesn't answer why this colors were chosen.

I much love the idea behind the set and everything here. Novelties (but it's subject to discuss, for me they're quite straightforward), deskmats, kits' content, ever T-Shirts. Except colors.

Maybe designer decided to choose this colors after Kandinskij's theory of color. But... I don't know. I don't want to fill in the blanks.

I see the base kit and try to think is there any background behind this palette what can explain the choice. I try to see any reference in base kit and don't get them.

It's really frustrate felling about the colors.

Offline MaKrum

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 15:30:43 »

It doesn't answer why this colors were chosen.

I much love the idea behind the set and everything here. Novelties (but it's subject to discuss, for me they're quite straightforward), deskmats, kits' content, ever T-Shirts. Except colors.

Maybe designer decided to choose this colors after Kandinskij's theory of color. But... I don't know. I don't want to fill in the blanks.

I see the base kit and try to think is there any background behind this palette what can explain the choice. I try to see any reference in base kit and don't get them.

It's really frustrate felling about the colors.

I understand what you mean, the set is a little bit too much novelties based probably

Offline raz

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 15:43:09 »
Wow man those novelties and deskmats are awesome! And the renders are insane, keep it up :D

I own Pearl keyboard.

Ok guys i think i have to address some valid points!

I take note of your considerations which I respect but do not agree with.
Like you other people have pointed out the lack of correspondence between the palette used and the reference shown: I want to clarify that we were inspired by the general work of Kandinskij by studying his symbolism and traits. We found those were very interesting for us to use in the novelties: "modernity and minimalism suitable for product needs such as a keyboard".
We wanted to give our concept a more personal interpretation by using a palette oriented towards the tech world, always keeping in mind our targets and marketing purposes.

I close my message by saying that as a community and as designers we cannot limit ourselves to mathematically translating what we see into keyset concepts. By doing this we will make a run on who chose the best theme or pic or palette first. By saying this i want to answer to all the critics about the palette choice: if we stop using hues already used in other sets, we can stop doing keysets. The color psychology and its principles is not changing anytime soon and so the Itten Wheel.

EDIT: i am not a native speaker, so pardon me for every error i made! I don't want to sound "harsh", this is just the way we worked out the design of the set :)

Maybe we had to clarify this on the OP!
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2020, 15:53:07 by raz »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 15:46:36 »
I don’t love the keyset but I do love the mats and tshirts!

Agreed!  The merch is quite nice.  Keyset doesn't reflect the artwork to me.  Not sure how it could.  But I wish you the best!

Offline iaman

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 16:32:32 »
Fan of the colors and fan of the deskmat 👍

Offline mcRewind

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 16:35:56 »
Novelties, deskmats, and merch are awesome to me! Hope you're able to get this through :)

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 16:57:49 »
Yeah. Keyset, meh. Especially for the subject matter, but the extras are great.

Offline MrCoolPants

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 17:37:14 »
hope the legends aren't difficult to see. was getting some violet tendencies vibes from the colors. deskmats look dope but not too interested in the set overall

Offline apostolis159

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 17:57:32 »
Love the mats, and quite into the colour combo. Also, novelties fit very nice. Seriously considering.  :thumb:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 18:02:19 »
What's the dark grey color? How does it compare to CR black or N9 grey?

Offline raz

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 18:21:36 »

The alpha and mod colors are more like Gmk Dracula mods! A really dark gray with a indigo bluish tone.

I am going to post the color palette anyway!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 18:43:03 »

The alpha and mod colors are more like Gmk Dracula mods! A really dark gray with a indigo bluish tone.

I am going to post the color palette anyway!

Neat. I went back to the source and looked at the colors more. Need to think about a board for this...

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 18:52:12 »
Very interested

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 19:19:49 »

I own Pearl keyboard.

Ok guys i think i have to address some valid points!

I take note of your considerations which I respect but do not agree with.
Like you other people have pointed out the lack of correspondence between the palette used and the reference shown: I want to clarify that we were inspired by the general work of Kandinskij by studying his symbolism and traits. We found those were very interesting for us to use in the novelties: "modernity and minimalism suitable for product needs such as a keyboard".
We wanted to give our concept a more personal interpretation by using a palette oriented towards the tech world, always keeping in mind our targets and marketing purposes.

I close my message by saying that as a community and as designers we cannot limit ourselves to mathematically translating what we see into keyset concepts. By doing this we will make a run on who chose the best theme or pic or palette first. By saying this i want to answer to all the critics about the palette choice: if we stop using hues already used in other sets, we can stop doing keysets. The color psychology and its principles is not changing anytime soon and so the Itten Wheel.

EDIT: i am not a native speaker, so pardon me for every error i made! I don't want to sound "harsh", this is just the way we worked out the design of the set :)

Maybe we had to clarify this on the OP!

I recognize I may be beating a dead horse here a bit (all pun intended) given the criticisms that other individuals have pointed out already but there are a few issues I see with 'theme/design':

1. Avant Garde isn't an art movement Kandinsky is associated with. Kandinsky was much more well known for his German Expressionist style works.
2. Of these works, and works in the same vein as his later period which he is more known for, none of which share this color palette as his primary basis. Most of them are at least colors "on white" (A second art pun in the same response)
3. Nothing about German Expressionism was centered around minimalism nor a simplification of the reality of things. In fact, this feels almost an opposite of the concept of expressionism.
4. Basing a set on a famous German Expressionist and *not* including a horse novelty is at the least just further strengthening the disconnect between this and the "source inspiration"
5. In Kandinsky's own words, which you quoted in the original post, "Art goes beyond the limits in which time would like to compress it, and indicates the content in the future". How "minimalism and modernity" is drawn out of that quote into the novelties baffles me further.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2020, 19:25:19 by ThereminGoat »

Offline outerspace

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 20:19:31 »
The desk mats are incredible! Can we have a GB of that now? They can still run with the key caps again later :-)

Offline AaronR

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 20:58:10 »
would like to see more pink caps

Offline raz

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 03:27:26 »
I recognize I may be beating a dead horse here a bit (all pun intended) given the criticisms that other individuals have pointed out already but there are a few issues I see with 'theme/design':

1. Avant Garde isn't an art movement Kandinsky is associated with. Kandinsky was much more well known for his German Expressionist style works.
2. Of these works, and works in the same vein as his later period which he is more known for, none of which share this color palette as his primary basis. Most of them are at least colors "on white" (A second art pun in the same response)
3. Nothing about German Expressionism was centered around minimalism nor a simplification of the reality of things. In fact, this feels almost an opposite of the concept of expressionism.
4. Basing a set on a famous German Expressionist and *not* including a horse novelty is at the least just further strengthening the disconnect between this and the "source inspiration"
5. In Kandinsky's own words, which you quoted in the original post, "Art goes beyond the limits in which time would like to compress it, and indicates the content in the future". How "minimalism and modernity" is drawn out of that quote into the novelties baffles me further.

Abstractism is an Avant-garde movement. Like Futurism, dadaism, surrealism etc. I don't really get your point! We've got the novelties inspiration form his Bauhaus era :)
Kandinsky is Russian, not German - and he didn't live his life only producing expressionist art. We are not getting inspired by his early expressionist times as i stated before.

As for the color palettes: we are not copying, we are getting inspired by. Anyway, Kandinsky used the full palette in his paintings

We all can have different opinions and i am not here to discuss art, but i am glad the project gave you some points for a critique!

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2020, 03:28:58 by raz »

Offline Waterdrinker

« Reply #50 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 08:57:19 »
i like the shirts

Offline dibkib

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 11:39:21 »
The deskmats are great

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:03:00 »
The actual color palette of the set is fine if not a bit boring, but seriously just take down the reference painting at this point. It is just going to cause issues because you can't claim that was the source of inspiration when the palette isn't even close to similar.

Most of the issues people are expressing are because you claim inspiration from one thing but there is no way anyone would ever see that if you didn't claim it.

The deskmats are dope though.

Offline raz

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:32:43 »
The actual color palette of the set is fine if not a bit boring, but seriously just take down the reference painting at this point. It is just going to cause issues because you can't claim that was the source of inspiration when the palette isn't even close to similar.

Most of the issues people are expressing are because you claim inspiration from one thing but there is no way anyone would ever see that if you didn't claim it.

The deskmats are dope though.

Thanks for the support and advices! I am going to edit the OP and state better what we did with that picture  :thumb:

Offline equalunique

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 13:52:17 »
Great concept. Amazing renders. Cool extras!

I really like the novelties. Glad to see 2x2u & 4x1u R4C keycaps in the ortho/40s kit!
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2020, 13:56:23 by equalunique »

Offline raz

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 17:35:48 »
Great concept. Amazing renders. Cool extras!

I really like the novelties. Glad to see 2x2u & 4x1u R4C keycaps in the ortho/40s kit!

Thanks!

Anyway here's my first update trying to address some of your concerns (some of you asked on the ic form too):
the set is not using N9 from GMK, it doesn't have the same mod color of gmk violet tendencies.

Here you can see the difference in contrasts and colors with gmk violet tendencies:

https://imgur.com/a/9x8lDK8 This is the link of the imgur album with a bit of different light conditions. If you have any more questions/concerns i am here to answer!

Offline fransuso

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 04:13:21 »
I'm so into this set!! I hope it makes it to the GB stage so it can become my first GMK set!!

Offline raz

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 12:33:57 »
I'm so into this set!! I hope it makes it to the GB stage so it can become my first GMK set!!

Thank you!

UPDATE:
Updated the OP with new renders and the color comparison with violet tendencies

More to come!

I am getting some feedbacks about people wanting more pink/magenta in the base set and novelties. I am making some changes so you all can let me know if you would like some modifications to the kits!

« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2020, 13:00:36 by raz »

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 13:08:55 »

Thank you!

UPDATE:

More to come!

I am getting some feedbacks about people wanting more pink/magenta in the base set and novelties. I am making some changes so you all can let me know if you would like some modifications to the kits!

Just some advice:
You should show a few more renders of the set on keyboards in more neutral colors because that is what most people are going to use this set on.

Showing a keycap set on a bright glossy pink board takes away the viewers attention from the actual subject of the render (the keycaps) because the board itself is way too dominant in the picture.

A dark gray, silver or white board would work much better and would show the keycaps in a more realistic environment.

Offline raz

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 14:18:46 »

Thank you!

UPDATE:

More to come!

Just some advice:
You should show a few more renders of the set on keyboards in more neutral colors because that is what most people are going to use this set on.

Showing a keycap set on a bright glossy pink board takes away the viewers attention from the actual subject of the render (the keycaps) because the board itself is way too dominant in the picture.

A dark gray, silver or white board would work much better and would show the keycaps in a more realistic environment.

Gotcha ;)
The alice like is white/silver and black, the u80 is "dark" - i just wanted to give some examples with matched colors!

Anyway, here you go:

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 15:25:32 »
Gotcha ;)
The alice like is white/silver and black, the u80 is "dark" - i just wanted to give some examples with matched colors!

Anyway, here you go:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh those are great!
Makes the keycaps pop out much better :D

Offline MaKrum

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 15:35:03 »
Anyway, here you go:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

your renders are really top man

Offline raz

Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - More renders and Color Comparisons!
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 09:55:01 »
hey guys, updated the OP with the discord server invite to get news and give me feedbacks!

Link: https://discord.gg/QbzhKdS

Offline kw88

I am not sure why to compare this to Violet Tendencies, since this set is GMK Nightshade
The only difference is colored number row and mono colored alphas and mods
In my opinion, these differences are very minor if we look at the whole sets
Moreover, Nightshade is set to gropbuy this June

GMK Nightshade - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102474

Offline raz

I am not sure why to compare this to Violet Tendencies, since this set is GMK Nightshade

Hey! I am getting feedbacks from the IC Form and people is worried about the color contrasts asking me the color comparison with Violet Tendencies, that's why i posted those renders :)

I did a fast render so you can see the differences in color palette and composition.
The color palette is different, the mood is different and the novelties/theme is really different!

Thanks for the feedback anyway!

Offline Scucka

It doesen't look at all like nightshade

Offline alper_maestro

I think more pink and white caps (such as the white deskmat looks) would be a great addition, maybe as an extra kit so that you can combine it.

Offline raz

I think more pink and white caps (such as the white deskmat looks) would be a great addition, maybe as an extra kit so that you can combine it.

Working on it! Wait for it :D

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Base Kit
Show Image

Some possible kitting improvements for your consideration:
  • The R1 End and PgDn keys should be dark, not light purple, since they're intended to be used on the F row (1800/CP/96-key layouts).
  • The dark purple R1 \| can be removed (not useful since the entire number row is light purple).
  • The second R4 1u Ctrl key can be removed (pretty much zero modern layouts use 2× 1u Ctrl).
  • R4 \| should be replaced with R4 <> to avoid duplicate legends.
  • The second B should be moved to the spacebars kit since that's where the 2.75u, 2.25u and 2u space keys are.
  • I suggest using Num and Scroll instead of Num↲Lock and Scroll↲Lock, respectively, for a cleaner look. Also, Print might be better than PrtSc.
  • Similarly, I suggest removing all numpad sublegends to achieve a cleaner look on the numpad.
  • This is down to personal preference, but consider changing Code to System/Sys or Super.

Spacebars
Show Image

• This is way too many 6u spacebars, imo; two is more than enough. Either remove the light purple ones, or remove the off-centered ones.
  • The 1.75u space key isn't useful and as such can be removed.

40s Kit
Show Image

• There are several duplicates here that I don't think are necessary. Namely, the second R3 1.5u Enter, the second R4 2u space, and two out of the four R4 1u spaces.
  • If you want to support 1.75u space, this would be the place to put it. Two of them, actually, since the most popular 40% board that uses 1.75u spaces, the JD40, needs two of them.

Offline raz

Hey konstantin thanks for your feedback!

I am reworking the base kit and already addressed some of yours considerations ( <> and \| for iso compatibility, for example )!
Thanks for all the suggestions!

You're right about the 1u bottom row madness, but i wanted to make the 40s kit "smaller" and to give more options to the people only buying the base kit! As for the B in the main kit: you can use the shifts instead of the spacebars yet having the right alphas for all the alice like keyboards out there. It's a "small" price for having a good base kit, but i get your suggestion : a cheap base kit is good!

Also reworking the numpad and the swapping "prtsc" legend for print

About the 40s kit: i am trying to figure out what to do. Maybe i have to ask help from the 40s community on discord!

Thanks again :) I'll post the update in the next few days!

Offline KRY2SOON

• Divine Studios
Math class 101

Offline raz

So! I've been working to address some of the concerns about kits and some of the requests of the people who filled the IC Form.

KITTING

I fixed the base kit, adding full support to 96 and 1800 keyboards, swapping iso keys and adding the loved magenta accent:

Added 1.75u spacebars to the 40s kit. This kit is not final, i am getting sure it covers everything without doubled or unused keys

Removed 1.75u from the space kit

and for all of you asking me in the google form, i've added an alternative alpha kit in white:

MOUSEPADS

I've refined the mousepads! Added colored stitches and removed the Avanguardia logo. Size should be 900x400x3mm, but i am checking with the manufacturer all the possibilities and materials.

SOME RENDERS

This is a render with the white alpha and light mousepads. More render in the OP, more renders with different keyboards to come :)

I am going to edit the IC Form with the new kits and mousepads soon™

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 15:09:18 by raz »

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
I fixed the base kit, adding full support to 96 and 1800 keyboards, swapping iso keys and adding the loved magenta accent:

Show Image

I don't mean to be a prick, but the change in the "ISO alphas" keys has taken a turn for the worse. In the initial kit, you had R3 \| and R4 \|, but you now have R3 <> and R4 #~, which is... incorrect in all lights. I'll detail:

In a nutshell, "ISO alphas":

- English (US), terminal style: R3 \|; R4 <>.

- English (US), PC style: R3 \|; R4 \| (this was what the initial kit had).

- (Full) English (UK): R1 `¬¦, 2", , 4$€; R3 '@, #~; R4 \|.

- English (UK+US): R1 `¬¦, 2", , 4$€; R3 '@, #~, \|; R4 \|.

- "Partial British support" (or "Atlantis ISO", although that term is now forbidden): R3 #~; R4 \|.

The kit, as it stands now, has one key from the terminal style (R4 <>) and one from either UK-intended set (R3 #~). I would suggest going with the terminal style; another option is to do what a couple sets have done and use:

- "Appeasement ISO": R3 #~, \|; R4 \| (three keys instead of two). This would cover "partial British" and "US, PC style" at the same time.

Offline jeniverre

• instagram.com/keebgeek
Is it too much if we ask for Alternativo with numrows? So we can still use it in a different layout/set? =)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
The kit, as it stands now, has one key from the terminal style (R4 <>) and one from either UK-intended set (R3 #~). I would suggest going with the terminal style; another option is to do what a couple sets have done and use:

- "Appeasement ISO": R3 #~, \|; R4 \| (three keys instead of two). This would cover "partial British" and "US, PC style" at the same time.

+1 for terminal (R3 \|, R4 <>).

There are some usage stats here. It turns out that the R4 <> key is more common than all of those other keys (R3 #~, \|; R4 \|), so I would definitely keep it, just update the R3 key to \| to be in line with terminal style.

Offline raz

Show Image

I don't mean to be a prick, but the change in the "ISO alphas" keys has taken a turn for the worse. In the initial kit, you had R3 \| and R4 \|, but you now have R3 <> and R4 #~, which is... incorrect in all lights. I'll detail:

In a nutshell, "ISO alphas":

- English (US), terminal style: R3 \|; R4 <>.

- English (US), PC style: R3 \|; R4 \| (this was what the initial kit had).

- (Full) English (UK): R1 `¬¦, 2", , 4$€; R3 '@, #~; R4 \|.

- English (UK+US): R1 `¬¦, 2", , 4$€; R3 '@, #~, \|; R4 \|.

- "Partial British support" (or "Atlantis ISO", although that term is now forbidden): R3 #~; R4 \|.

Thanks man, i totally missed the ~#, it should've been |\ (terminal)  :thumb:

+1 for terminal (R3 \|, R4 <>).

There are some usage stats here. It turns out that the R4 <> key is more common than all of those other keys (R3 #~, \|; R4 \|), so I would definitely keep it, just update the R3 key to \| to be in line with terminal style.

Totally this, i missed things during the editing. It's a pain working with Blender for the kits!

Is it too much if we ask for Alternativo with numrows? So we can still use it in a different layout/set? =)

I think it will go out of price, the kit is intended to be "cheap" as the base is pretty big

PS: Updated the op with the ISO Fix and the IC Form :)

Offline alper_maestro

The white Add-on kit looks cool and gives the set a different look.

Offline raz

Thank you! A lot of people asked for this in the IC Form and after a bit of looking at the set with white alpha, i liked it actually :)

The second more requested "feature" is a dark number row. I could add it to the base kit but it would be really big with all that keys.
What do you guys say?

This is a render of it:

I updated the IC Form so if you guys want this kit in the base or as an extra just let me know!

Offline jeniverre

• instagram.com/keebgeek
What if you add that in base.. and have the numrow highlights in a separate kit or in the alternativo? 🙂

Offline raz

What if you add that in base.. and have the numrow highlights in a separate kit or in the alternativo? 🙂

not what I've intended in the design process!
Numrow is definitely primary color key with white legend.

The dark numrow could be put in the Alternativo kit too. I just need feedbacks and number to follow up so i can get quotes from GMK :)

Offline jeniverre

• instagram.com/keebgeek
The dark numrow could be put in the Alternativo kit too. I just need feedbacks and number to follow up so i can get quotes from GMK :)

I'm in for dark numrow in Alternativo kit  :thumb:

Offline alper_maestro

Thank you! A lot of people asked for this in the IC Form and after a bit of looking at the set with white alpha, i liked it actually :)

The second more requested "feature" is a dark number row. I could add it to the base kit but it would be really big with all that keys.
What do you guys say?

This is a render of it:

Show Image

I updated the IC Form so if you guys want this kit in the base or as an extra just let me know!

If you don't want to push up the costs for the base set, I would not add it. But it depends on how many people are really interested in that also. Or you could add those in a different kit?

But I must say that it looks nice.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 03:08:25 by alper_maestro »

Offline raz

What do you guys say?

This is a render of it:

Show Image

If you don't want to push up the costs for the base set, I would not add it. But it depends on how many people are really interested in that also. Or you could add those in a different kit?

But I must say that it looks nice.

So! I was thinking about putting the dark number row in the Alternativo kit with an extra dark TAB key. It will probably give the people the opportunity to cover 2 keyboards with 2 kits. I have to check it better but yeah, i think it's possible! Goint to try to render something these days

Offline gex

is it possible to add another 2u convex space to the 40s kit? 2x2u space is a thing in ortho world (planck, preonic, boardwalk, etc).

Offline raz

is it possible to add another 2u convex space to the 40s kit? 2x2u space is a thing in ortho world (planck, preonic, boardwalk, etc).

I dropped the second 2u for the two 1.75u but really i can put it back and leave the two 1u indacus spacebars. I think it's better having all the purple spacebars in the spacebar kit anyway!

I am going to update the OP with the fix!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr

I dropped the second 2u for the two 1.75u but really i can put it back and leave the two 1u indacus spacebars. I think it's better having all the purple spacebars in the spacebar kit anyway!

I am going to update the OP with the fix!

Fyi, only the following few 40% keyboards use 1.75u spacebars: Vortex Core (×1), JD40/45 (×2). This means that only a single keyboard uses two 1.75u bars. Imo, it's not worth including the second 1.75u key for this reason. I'd even go so far as to say that 1.75u bars aren't worth including at all.

As for the spacebar kit, I believe I've said this earlier, but four 6u spacebars is way too much (and I say that as a regular 6u spacebar user). You need one or, at most, two. Keep the centered and off-centered stem alpha-colored ones, and drop the rest.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 August 2020, 15:51:00 by konstantin »

Offline wolfez4444

I love the deskmats!

Offline raz

So guys! I've updated the OP with the Canada and Asia proxy! Thank you Deskhero and iLumkb!

Fyi, only the following few 40% keyboards use 1.75u spacebars: Vortex Core (×1), Daisy (×1), JD40/45 (×2). This means that only a single keyboard uses two 1.75u bars. Imo, it's not worth including the second 1.75u key for this reason. I'd even go so far as to say that 1.75u bars aren't worth including at all.

As for the spacebar kit, I believe I've said this earlier, but four 6u spacebars is way too much (and I say that as a regular 6u spacebar user). You need one or, at most, two. Keep the centered and off-centered stem alpha-colored ones, and drop the rest.

Gotcha! I would keep the 1.75u space to be inclusive anyway:

40kit without the 1u indacus spaces, 2*2u spaces and 1*1.75u space.

Spacebar kit without the indacus 6u spaces but 6u dark spaces, 1.75u and 2*1u indacus spaces

Alternativo kit with a second TAB and dark numrow. This with the base kit should cover 2 keyboards.

I love the deskmats!

Thanks man! Hope i will reach the GB stage to make them real eventually  ;D
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 15:09:47 by raz »

Offline Butterbeer

Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - Updated kits - Asia and Canada Proxies!
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 12:33:30 »
This post is confusing.

The artwork in the post threw me off because I assumed I would see colorway renders to match it.

After reading the post, technology is actually what inspired the colorway. Which now makes sense because it reminds me of Discord.

Offline raz

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 12:45:59 »
This post is confusing.

The artwork in the post threw me off because I assumed I would see colorway renders to match it.

After reading the post, technology is actually what inspired the colorway. Which now makes sense because it reminds me of Discord.

My english is not the best, so maybe i confused you with the description in the op!
Basically we've got inspired by the shapes of that picture in the op for the novelties and worked around a "more futuristic and tech" color palette around it.

I am glad it makes sense to you anyway  :thumb:

Offline jeniverre

• instagram.com/keebgeek
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 14:46:21 »
the numbering of rows for alternativo is confusing.. numrows is r1 and qwerty should be r2, isn't it? Asdf is r3 and others down, r4..

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 15:04:18 »
You can drop the 1.75u spacebar from the 40s kit. The only 40% that I know of which uses a 1.75u spacebar is the JD45 and it needs two of them. It is also not a super common 40%.

Edit: same with the spacebars kit.

Edit2: looks like Konstantin already raised this point a few posts above me.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 15:06:43 by DrHigsby »

Offline raz

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 15:20:54 »
the numbering of rows for alternativo is confusing.. numrows is r1 and qwerty should be r2, isn't it? Asdf is r3 and others down, r4..

You are totally right man, the copy paste slipped and i made some errors :) Fixed in the thread and OP, thank you!

You can drop the 1.75u spacebar from the 40s kit. The only 40% that I know of which uses a 1.75u spacebar is the JD45 and it needs two of them. It is also not a super common 40%.

I've put one 1.75 spacebar in the 40s and one in the spacebars but i guess is not cheap as an option.
I mean if it's only for one or two keys i can add it to the 40s, it shouldn't be a problem price wise.

This should be correct:

What do you guys think?

Thank you for all you advices anyway  :cool:

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

[IC] GMK Avanguardia - Updated kits - Asia and Canada Proxies!
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 16:08:15 »
Man this set is beautiful. It has purple so I approve.
2021 GB? :3

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 16:09:51 by CrazyAssMonkey »

Offline gex

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 16:14:11 »
What do you guys think?

thank you for adding the second 2u space! just to be sure those 2u spaces are all convex ones, right?

for me this is the best set of 2020 so i’m gonna definitely buy it.

Offline raz

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 16:26:06 »

Well, if number stacks up why not? 🐱‍👤
I am working on some more perks!

What do you guys think?

thank you for adding the second 2u space! just to be sure those 2u spaces are all convex ones, right?

Sure, convex 2u spaces. I think having a "complete" 40s is better even if more expensive.

Thank you for your support  💕

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 18:03:39 »

I've put one 1.75 spacebar in the 40s and one in the spacebars but i guess is not cheap as an option.
I mean if it's only for one or two keys i can add it to the 40s, it shouldn't be a problem price wise.

This should be correct:

Show Image

What do you guys think?

He's saying that you shouldn't include 1.75u at all, which I agree with, let alone include two of them. It's so rare that probably none of the people who buy this set are going to use that key. It also definitely shouldn't be included in the spacebars kit, since only 40% boards use it.

I would suggest removing it from the spacebars kit, removing the second one from the 40s kit, and if you really want to include one, you can keep one (and only one) in the 40s kit. Even then I'd argue that it isn't for covering existing boards, but rather for future-proofing the set against new boards that might come out using a 1.75u space.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 18:09:35 by konstantin »

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:26:24 »

This should be correct:

Show Image

What do you guys think?

He's saying that you shouldn't include 1.75u at all, which I agree with, let alone include two of them. It's so rare that probably none of the people who buy this set are going to use that key. It also definitely shouldn't be included in the spacebars kit, since only 40% boards use it.

I would suggest removing it from the spacebars kit, removing the second one from the 40s kit, and if you really want to include one, you can keep one (and only one) in the 40s kit. Even then I'd argue that it isn't for covering existing boards, but rather for future-proofing the set against new boards that might come out using a 1.75u space.

Yes. This is what I was trying to communicate. Remove all 1.75u spacebars. Most 40% boards being developed these days use the existing sizes already in common practice (2, 2.25, 2.75).

You will not make anyone in the 40% community sad by removing 1.75u spacebars. As is, purchasing the Latin kit and the 40% kit will cover many 40% layouts for a reasonable price (this is a very positive thing!).
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:29:09 by DrHigsby »

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:27:52 »
*accidentally double posted

Offline vocal118

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:51:53 »
zf,please

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #100 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:55:31 »

Well, if number stacks up why not?
I am working on some more perks!

What do you guys think?

Sure, convex 2u spaces. I think having a "complete" 40s is better even if more expensive.

Thank you for your support 
Jajajaja I need this set. Just keep it for 2021 and I’ll have a job and get a couple. :3

Offline Peripheral Prophet

• Lets change the game
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 21:01:24 »
insta cop.. this will be legendary.. LOVE IT
Check out my live build streams on twitch and join my discord! https://discord.gg/QzeSQj2  https://www.twitch.tv/peripheral_installer

Offline raz

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 05:17:58 »
First of all, thanks for the love guys  :-*

Based on the suggestions here i reworked the 40s and the spacebar kit:

40 per 100
- dropped support for 1.75u spacebars;
- added preonic and planck magenta esc and magenta enter - Thanks to gex to address this on Discord!;

Linee
- dropped support for 1.75u indacus spacebar;

Here are the kits, going to update the OP soon

EDIT:

I need numbers on the IC Form! Let me know if you have any suggestions or what you would buy or not!

I've updated the IC with a question about the dark numrow in the base, alternativo or extra kit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2020, 05:21:07 by raz »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 07:29:27 »
You may want to include a 1.25u space key as well. It's commonly used when splitting space (e.g. 6.25u → 2.75u+1.25u+2.25u), in Alice layouts etc.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 12:15:05 »
First of all, thanks for the love guys  :-*

Based on the suggestions here i reworked the 40s and the spacebar kit:

40 per 100
- dropped support for 1.75u spacebars;
- added preonic and planck magenta esc and magenta enter - Thanks to gex to address this on Discord!;

Linee
- dropped support for 1.75u indacus spacebar;

Here are the kits, going to update the OP soon
Show Image

Show Image

EDIT:

I need numbers on the IC Form! Let me know if you have any suggestions or what you would buy or not!

I've updated the IC with a question about the dark numrow in the base, alternativo or extra kit.

Despite the fact that R4 enter and R3 esc are the “default” layout options for Planck and preonic, it is not the popular placement for those keys. Most Planck and preonic users (that I know anyway) still use esc on R2 and enter on R3.

In my opinion, you should drop the magenta accent keys altogether. This is a worthwhile change to keep prices reasonable for the 40% community.

Edit:
The other thing to bear in mind is that folks who do purchase the 40% kit may not have Planck or preonic in mind. Meaning there is even less reason to include accented keys for the default layout for two specific keyboards.

For example, those accented keys won’t work with a prime_e or a minivan.

« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2020, 12:18:05 by DrHigsby »

Offline raz

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 14:25:12 »
You may want to include a 1.25u space key as well. It's commonly used when splitting space (e.g. 6.25u → 2.75u+1.25u+2.25u), in Alice layouts etc.

Gotcha

Despite the fact that R4 enter and R3 esc are the “default” layout options for Planck and preonic, it is not the popular placement for those keys. Most Planck and preonic users (that I know anyway) still use esc on R2 and enter on R3.

In my opinion, you should drop the magenta accent keys altogether. This is a worthwhile change to keep prices reasonable for the 40% community.

Edit:
The other thing to bear in mind is that folks who do purchase the 40% kit may not have Planck or preonic in mind. Meaning there is even less reason to include accented keys for the default layout for two specific keyboards.

I know but i can't give support to specific layouts for specific keyboards so having only two accent keys for the most popular ortho keebs out there it's kinda fair i guess! For all the others, there are the indacus keys :)

The minivan can work with the ESC accent, am i wrong?

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 16:29:38 »

Gotcha

Edit:

I know but i can't give support to specific layouts for specific keyboards so having only two accent keys for the most popular ortho keebs out there it's kinda fair i guess! For all the others, there are the indacus keys :)

The minivan can work with the ESC accent, am i wrong?

That’s the exact point I am making.

It does not make sense to include magenta accents for basically just Planck users, so you should remove magenta accents altogether to make this kit as cheap as possible.

The minivan uses a R2 esc (not R3).

Offline vocal118

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 02:58:22 »
ZF,please,zf is cheaper and faster

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 08:57:36 »
I love the colours! The keycaps themselves don't really work for me, but I'll grab one of the dark deskmats for sure :D

Offline raz

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 15:03:42 »

It does not make sense to include magenta accents for basically just Planck users, so you should remove magenta accents altogether to make this kit as cheap as possible.

The minivan uses a R2 esc (not R3).

Leaving out the two 1.75u spaces and putting in two magenta keys is a good balance i guess. I can add another r2 ESC magenta key too, it shouldn't be that expensive!

Anyway, i am going to update the spacebar kit with 1.25 space in the next few days

ZF,please,zf is cheaper and faster

Did you have any problems with iLumkb?

I love the colours! The keycaps themselves don't really work for me, but I'll grab one of the dark deskmats for sure :D

Thank you  :-*
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2020, 05:00:01 by raz »

Offline shouwman

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 12:45:10 »
Love the keyset. I would definitely buy

Offline villagepillage

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 05:17:47 »
Personally, I love it.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 11:33:52 »
Wow some of these comments are ruthless...

Personally not my style (lots of contrasting colors) for caps, but I love the mats and shirts etc. I'll probably be in on the extras.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline eibbun

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 00:59:11 »
i really like the novelties and the mats

Offline LostTheirEyes

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 11:15:08 »
This set looks seriously good, that desk mat is an instant buy from me !

Offline Ashen_21

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 16:52:33 »
This set is so gorgeous, I am so keen for it to start GB!

Offline SenseiJia

• Hey you.
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 12:43:34 »
Deskmats and T-Shirts are dope!

Offline raz

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 04:59:31 »
Hello guys! A bit of an update! I am working on the set (slowly) checking out the numbers on the form.
It seems like people want the "dark" row on the base and not on the Alternativo kit. This will make the base kit more expensive but it's what the majority of you ask, so i'll work it out somehow.

Another update is that i finalized the mousepad designs and i am in contact with the manufacturer. I will maybe run the mousepads before the set: what do you guys think about it?

I am going to update when i have estimated prices and proxies, then i'll show you protos (i want the colors to be accurate).

I am going to drop here my latest renders as a gift:

Offline stein3

Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - Updates
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 10:13:15 »
Purple and green set when?

Offline raz

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 10:59:06 »

There's GMK Mecha-01 live right now :)

The one you see in the render is just a concept for these images!

Offline Kreath

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 12:39:41 »
I'd love to see a render of this keycap set on top of the NK65 Entry Edition (Purple)

Offline stein3

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 15:45:06 »

There's GMK Mecha-01 live right now :)

The one you see in the render is just a concept for these images!
I like your concept better :). Plus, Mecha-01 doesn't have latin-only alphas for me :(.

Offline parablol

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 19:45:32 »
Figure E Forme + Alternativo + 40 Per 100
= a nice Planck

Offline zoo

• zoo
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 02:18:21 »
In for the deskmats

Offline allBAYlong

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 16:25:55 »
Ahh the criticism a designer has to endure.... beautiful set @Raz. Great inspiration point, soft color selection. I’m in. Would look great on a RAMA KARA. Think I might.

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 00:38:06 »
that green set looks dope af

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 13:46:05 »
Really love the colorway, not a huge fan of the monochromatic alphas and mods; would be hard to pass on a base kit with the Alternativo alphas in it, but my opinion.

Regardless, I'm in for a deskmat or 2!

Offline Convergence

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 09:00:48 »
I think if you're considering an extra kit for a dark number row, it might be worth rearranging kits so that the base kit has the dark number row and the Alternativo kit has a purple number row and potentially purple modifiers. However, this would of course take away the beautiful colour contrast in the base kit. Purple modifiers are something I'd be interested in, in any form.

Offline raz

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 05:49:28 »
Ahh the criticism a designer has to endure.... beautiful set @Raz. Great inspiration point, soft color selection. I’m in. Would look great on a RAMA KARA. Think I might.

Thank you so much man! I am going to try to post a purplish translucent keeb render with a HHKB layout soon, but i don't have the Kara model :D

Really love the colorway, not a huge fan of the monochromatic alphas and mods; would be hard to pass on a base kit with the Alternativo alphas in it, but my opinion.

Regardless, I'm in for a deskmat or 2!

I am thinking about reworking the kits to make sure they reach moqs eventually :D
I already have a manufacturer for the mousepads, i am just waiting for the right moment!

I think if you're considering an extra kit for a dark number row, it might be worth rearranging kits so that the base kit has the dark number row and the Alternativo kit has a purple number row and potentially purple modifiers. However, this would of course take away the beautiful colour contrast in the base kit. Purple modifiers are something I'd be interested in, in any form.

As i told before, i am thinking about reworking the kits to make the "smarter" and maybe less expensive. Every feedback is appreciated so thank you for your point of view!
Purple modifiers are a bit difficult to place in, i need to be sure every kit can reach the moq!

I'd love to see a render of this keycap set on top of the NK65 Entry Edition (Purple)

Maybe not the NK65 (i don't have the models and it need time to remodel the keeb with the moulds in it) but i can try with something purplish and translucent  :thumb:

Offline raz

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 09:38:19 »

Here you go

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 01:58:09 »
Delicious. Waiting for the US proxy. Do we have a timeline on the release dates?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline raz

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 07:39:09 »
Delicious. Waiting for the US proxy. Do we have a timeline on the release dates?

Thanks man! Not yet! I am getting some time to fix the kits and I have to remake the legends (not centered cause I don't really like them like this!). I am a bit slowed down by the summer season :)

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 08:50:24 »
please leave centered legends. I mean it's ok if they're normal ones but centered are better looking imho. Anyway awesome set and design  :thumb:

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 01:57:11 »

Thanks man! Not yet! I am getting some time to fix the kits and I have to remake the legends (not centered cause I don't really like them like this!). I am a bit slowed down by the summer season :)
No worries. I will wait for this to put on the alpine65 pc that I hopefully get lol

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Offline maneens

What do you guys say?

This is a render of it:

Show Image

Yes. Love the dark number row! Honestly, I prefer the same color number row for the white alphas as well. If that's a possibility? Either way, awesome set. Most likely in for both the black and white alphas.

Offline BirgusLatro

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 20:15:18 »
I love this project!

Offline westway

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 03:21:19 »
What's your choice between OG top left aligned icon mods and centered aligned icon mods? In the first renders they seem centered, while in the last ones they are OG.

Bella l'idea delle magliette e stupendi i tappetini comunque. Mi fa piacere vedere qualche collega italiano in giro da queste parti  :thumb:

Offline raz

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 03:50:06 »
What's your choice between OG top left aligned icon mods and centered aligned icon mods? In the first renders they seem centered, while in the last ones they are OG.

Bella l'idea delle magliette e stupendi i tappetini comunque. Mi fa piacere vedere qualche collega italiano in giro da queste parti  :thumb:

Actually i am liking the left aligned more (i think it's more consistent), You're right i ditched the centered icons in the latest renders but it's not definitive. I'll post a comparative between the two icons later!

Grazie mille per i complimenti! Fa un salto su Discord che siamo in tanti e molto attivi - prediligiamo Telegram però!

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 03:49:34 »
Beautiful keycaps, good luck!

Offline lorphex

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 18:11:50 »
Will the dark R2 in the addon kit include 1u pipe key and delete for split backspace?

Offline raz

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 06:34:57 »
Will the dark R2 in the addon kit include 1u pipe key and delete for split backspace?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes! i am still in the process of reworking a bit the set. I will post updates for sure. I am a bit more active on Discord (posting renders and stuff) if you want real time updates :)

Offline Cloods

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 03:06:02 »
novelties are lovely

Offline Synergist

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 06:13:03 »
I'm definitely buying this.

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 17:06:27 »
Can not wait.

Offline pepperskog

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 17:19:03 »

Sorry for the late reply, but yes! i am still in the process of reworking a bit the set. I will post updates for sure. I am a bit more active on Discord (posting renders and stuff) if you want real time updates :)

Discord link comes up as invalid?

Offline anticlockwise5

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 17:45:31 »
Would really like to buy this, but can you consider having a base kit for the alternativo white? I really want the white alphas with dark mods but don't want to spend an extra 100+ on the base and alternativo, would also get the novelties tok

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Offline raz

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 01:56:44 »

you're right, here you go: https://discord.gg/MrdRDzy

Would really like to buy this, but can you consider having a base kit for the alternativo white? I really want the white alphas with dark mods but don't want to spend an extra 100+ on the base and alternativo, would also get the novelties tok

sorry man we can't have two base kit :( 

Offline anticlockwise5

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 01:59:05 »

you're right, here you go: https://discord.gg/MrdRDzy

sorry man we can't have two base kit :(
OK... Worth asking, I'll buy the base anyways, nice set! Love the black and purple combo

Offline FancyFootwork

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 17:35:23 »
Commenting so I can keep track of this. Definitely looking forward to the base, light alphas and the dark num row. ;)

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 07:15:50 »
Do we already know more about the expected date for the GB to launch?

Offline raz

« Reply #150 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 07:53:28 »
Do we already know more about the expected date for the GB to launch?

I am waiting for GMK prices! I don't want to give dates before I am 100% sure about it but I am close to have some news for you :D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 16:21:17 »
Damn good renders and nice set  :thumb:

Offline outerspace

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 17:24:18 »
Hurryyyy up :-) I need those desk mats!

Offline Skandiluz

« Reply #153 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 00:09:43 »
Ugh I need this set so bad! I'm such a sucker for blues and purples.

Offline Italian_T3ddy_v2

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 05:17:57 »
I don't know man, this looks so similar to GMK Mashu... :rolleyes:

Offline raz

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 05:21:24 »

Yeah a friend linked me the IC, pretty similar palette ngl but hey, I don't own these colors!

Offline dibstern

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 05:48:39 »

Yeah a friend linked me the IC, pretty similar palette ngl but hey, I don't own these colors!

This is a lot cooler than GMK Mashu IMO, my girlfriend is keen haha

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 12:45:11 »
GB So near! Lesgoooo! Excited for this Raz.

Offline PhantomLeadr

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 08:15:14 »
Any word on a US Vendor?

Offline clackeys

• Clackeys
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 17:31:15 »
Counting down the days until we can order this set!

Offline raz

Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - GB 15th December - Last update with new kits/vendors/
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 02:49:17 »
So! This is the last update guys!
We have new kits, new renders and all the vendors listed here. I'm going to make the GB post soon with pricess and all of that :D

A summary of the finalized kits:

NEW KITS!

Minimalistico

Figure e Forme

Alternativo

Striscia

Milleottocento

40Per100

Linee

You can check the new renders on the OP!

If you want to be up to date or discuss about anything, this is the link to Discord server.
If you like to check websites, this is the one I'm keeping up to date with my projects: raz.works
If you would like to be part of the italian community, this is our Discord server (we speak enRish too)

EDIT: Fixed Base kit and Alpha kit files!
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 07:03:39 by raz »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - GB 15th December - Last update with new kits/vendors/
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 05:44:03 »
We have new kits, new renders and all the vendors listed here. I'm going to make the GB post soon with pricess and all of that :D

NEW KITS!

I don't agree with making such large kitting changes (completely changing the structure of the kits) right before the GB. This doesn't give you any time to gather feedback from users, and it gives potential buyers no time to react to the changes and voice their thoughts.

That being said, as it stands, your current kitting has some issues. I'm not sure what you can do at this point, but I'm going to give you a list of these issues so that at least you're aware of them.

More
Base kit (Minimalistico)
  • Your base kit render is showing a duplicate F7 key and is missing an F12, but I assume that's a rendering error.

• Other than that, your base kit is missing R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn, which are popular options on modern 65% and 75% boards (you even show them in your renders); yet it includes a stepped R3 1.75u Control key, which is a lot less commonly used and isn't included in almost any GMK base kits nowadays.
    R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn are also the default setup on Tada68, which you explicitly claim to support in the “compatibility check” section of the image.
    If you aren't including R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn because they can be covered with novelties, then you shouldn't really include 1.5u Super keys either for the same reason.

• Speaking of 1.5u Super, your base kit is missing a second R4 1u Alt key, which is necessary in order for the 1.5u Super keys to be usable.

• The base kit is also missing an R4 1.25u Fn key, which is used on every board size from 40s all the way up to full size. In its place is a Menu key, which isn't really a fitting replacement for Fn (Fn being the more popular option). Menu is truly useful only for TKL and full-size boards (mostly OEM ones) that have an actual context menu key (in which case Fn actually is a good replacement for that). Outside of those, most people prefer to use 1.25u Fn. Because of this, Menu should have been changed to Fn or Meta.

• I personally think the purple Enter accent doesn't make sense unless it's combined with the Striscia kit, so I think this key should have been moved to the Striscia kit.

• An optional addition that some users like and that many base kits are including nowadays is F13.

Alphas kit (Alternativo)
  • R1 1u \| is missing, which makes it impossible to cover split backspace keyboards (including all HHKB variants) with white alphas.

Numpad kit (Milleottocento)
  • The R1 1u Delete key is a duplicate since there is one already included in the base kit.
  • It's unclear if the 5 key is homing or not. If it's supposed to be scooped, then the barred variant should be included as well since this is a separate numpad kit. However, if it's non-homing, then that can be considered a design choice, and so it's fine to keep just that one non-homing 5 key.
  • Since this is a separate numpad kit, R4 1u 00 should also be included.
  • Accent-colored R1 1u = would likely be useful for more people than Pause, since num row Pause is inherently tied to OG 1800 layouts only.

40% kit (40Per100)
  • This kit is mostly fine, but two very notable omissions are R4 1u Lower, Raise keys and a second R4 1u Shift keys. Most ortho users will require these keys for their boards. If it comes down to that, Fn and Ctrl can be replaced with Lower and Raise without any issues.
  • R4 1u Alt shouldn't be here but rather in the base kit, as mentioned previously.
  • Including accent variants of 1.25u and 1.5u Enters should be a lower priority than including correct compatibility for popular layouts.
  • R4 1.5u Shift would have been addition to this kit because some of the coverage in the kit (namely, 1.25u Enter for UT47.2, Whimsy etc.) is incomplete without it. 1.5u Shift also covers Nathan's Evolv 75% board and the Raine mini-1800.
  • Ideally, the R3 1u Tab key would have had a more generic legend (e.g. ^) so that ortho users aren't restricted to using Tab (which is one of the less popular options in that position).

Spacebars kit (Linee)
  • There's no need to have two 1c spacekeys since this is only useful for ortho boards (which have their own kit where this is covered).
  • A nice addition would have been two 3c spacebars since these are growing in popularity.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 05:54:30 by konstantin »

Offline raz

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 06:06:34 »

NEW KITS!

I don't agree with making such large kitting changes (completely changing the structure of the kits) right before the GB. This doesn't give you any time to gather feedback from users, and it gives potential buyers no time to react to the changes and voice their thoughts. If I'm being honest, this feels very rushed.

That being said, as it stands, your current kitting has some issues. I'm not sure what you can do at this point, but I'm going to give you a list of these issues so that at least you're aware of them.

More
Base kit (Minimalistico)
  • Your base kit render is showing a duplicate F7 key and is missing an F12, but I assume that's a rendering error.

• Other than that, your base kit is missing R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn, which are popular options on modern 65% and 75% boards (you even show them in your renders); yet it includes a stepped R3 1.75u Control key, which is a lot less commonly used and isn't included in almost any GMK base kits nowadays.
    R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn are also the default setup on Tada68, which you explicitly claim to support in the “compatibility check” section of the image.
    If you aren't including R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn because they can be covered with novelties, then you shouldn't really include 1.5u Super keys either for the same reason.

• Speaking of 1.5u Super, your base kit is missing a second R4 1u Alt key, which is necessary in order for the 1.5u Super keys to be usable.

• The base kit is also missing an R4 1.25u Fn key, which is used on every board size from 40s all the way up to full size. In its place is a Menu key, which isn't really a fitting replacement for Fn (Fn being the more popular option). Menu is truly useful only for TKL and full-size boards (mostly OEM ones) that have an actual context menu key (in which case Fn actually is a good replacement for that). Outside of those, most people prefer to use 1.25u Fn. Because of this, Menu should have been changed to Fn or Meta.

• I personally think the purple Enter accent doesn't make sense unless it's combined with the Striscia kit, so I think this key should have been moved to the Striscia kit.

• An optional addition that some users like and that many base kits are including nowadays is F13.

Alphas kit (Alternativo)
  • R1 1u \| is missing, which makes it impossible to cover split backspace keyboards (including all HHKB variants) with white alphas.

• The R1 1u Delete key is a duplicate since there is one already included in the base kit.
  • It's unclear if the 5 key is homing or not. If it's supposed to be scooped, then the barred variant should be included as well since this is a separate numpad kit. However, if it's non-homing, then that can be considered a design choice, and so it's fine to keep just that one non-homing 5 key.
  • Accent-colored R1 1u = would likely be useful for more people than Pause, since num row Pause is inherently tied to OG 1800 layouts only.

40% kit (40Per100)
  • This kit is mostly fine, but two very notable omissions are R4 1u Lower, Raise keys and a second R4 1u Shift keys. Most ortho users will require these keys for their boards. If it comes down to that, Fn and Ctrl can be replaced with Lower and Raise without any issues.
  • R4 1u Alt shouldn't be here but rather in the base kit, as mentioned previously.
  • Including accent variants of 1.25u and 1.5u Enters should be a lower priority than including correct compatibility for popular layouts.
  • R4 1.5u Shift would have been addition to this kit because some of the coverage in the kit (namely, 1.25u Enter for UT47.2, Whimsy etc.) is incomplete without it. 1.5u Shift also covers Nathan's Evolv 75% board and the Raine mini-1800.
  • Ideally, the R3 1u Tab key would have had a more generic legend (e.g. ^) so that ortho users aren't restricted to using Tab (which is one of the less popular options in that position).

Spacebars kit (Linee)
  • There's no need to have two 1c spacekeys since this is only useful for ortho boards (which have their own kit where this is covered).
  • A nice addition would have been two 3c spacebars since these are growing in popularity.

NEW KITS!

I don't agree with making such large kitting changes (completely changing the structure of the kits) right before the GB. This doesn't give you any time to gather feedback from users, and it gives potential buyers no time to react to the changes and voice their thoughts. If I'm being honest, this feels very rushed.

More
Base kit (Minimalistico)

Alphas kit (Alternativo)

40% kit (40Per100)

Spacebars kit (Linee)

Thank you as always for your feedbacks kostantin!
Base kit F7 is obviously a render error, going to fix it soon, thanks for the catch :D

As for the base kit missing keys: choice were made to strip down kits and bring down the price. For more exotic layouts or numpad or wathever, people can mix in the 40% kit or novelty kit and live an easy life with them :D

Menu key: I like it more than FN, it's a choice to not have a 1.25 fn key and a 1.25 menu key

PS: tada layout (1u right cluster) is still supported with different legends.

About the numpad kit: i tried to be inclusive. People could buy the numpad without having the base kit, so adding a delete key was a choice. 5 is not scoped and it's just my choice :) I was clearly pointing out the 1800 og layout with this kit (milleottocento means literally 1800)

Alpha Kit is my bad, wrong file uploaded :D HHKB is completely supported (split backspace)

Thanks again for the feedback! Going to update the base with the right F row and the alpha with the |\ ! (I'm dumb, I use hhkb layout everyday)

Offline raz

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 07:05:28 »
Fixed up base and alpha files - thanks to konstantin and his eagle eyes  :p

Offline raz

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 08:45:10 »
So!
I made a mistake. Added R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn to the base. The price will not go higher than what it is right now (it's all on me the fault here)

Hope you like the update! I'm going to post the GB thread when all the proxies set up the pages in their stores :)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 09:48:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

So!
I made a mistake. Added R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn to the base. The price will not go higher than what it is right now (it's all on me the fault here)

Hope you like the update! I'm going to post the GB thread when all the proxies set up the pages in their stores :)

Show Image

Good stuff. Big props for making these last-minute fixes. Best of luck with the GB!

Offline raz

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 09:55:57 »

Show Image

Show Image

So!

Show Image

Good stuff. Big props for making these last-minute fixes. Best of luck with the GB!

Thank you very much man!
I really appreciate your work here on geekhack

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - GB 15th December - Added R3 PGUP R4 PGDN
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 01:53:04 »
Me too, Konstantin is so the man. I check some keycap ICs that I would never support just to wait for Konstantin to swoop in with a million kitting suggestions, most of which he can back up with statistics. People like him really make hanging out in this space so much fun! /Johannes

Offline PHYLO

Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - GB 15th December - Added R3 PGUP R4 PGDN
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 09:52:16 »
Might be my first ever GMK set to get... Gorgeous!

Offline raz

Offline Qwapa

Re: [IC] GMK Avanguardia - GB 15th December - GB Thread UP!
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 22:49:03 »
this is a easy cop sooooo nice im going to put this on a dark polycarb board fs.

Offline idealape

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 07:06:55 »
any news on the deskmat production/deliveries? Thought they we'ere gonna be finished this month.

Offline raz

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 10:21:55 »
any news on the deskmat production/deliveries? Thought they we'ere gonna be finished this month.

Hey! I'm going to post updates about the GB in the GB thread here in Geekhack!

For the mousepad we are waiting for a second round prototype that matches the colors better

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 10:27:39 »
" Once you started a group buy, please remember to close/lock the IC thread and put a re-direct link on the last page of that thread (so that way, members can just follow it to place their orders) "

Offline raz

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 10:52:17 »
" Once you started a group buy, please remember to close/lock the IC thread and put a re-direct link on the last page of that thread (so that way, members can just follow it to place their orders) "

It would be awesome to be able to lock myself the post!

I linked the GB post sometime ago ;)

GB Thread here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110217.0