Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8605608 times)

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #4350 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 08:38:40 »
I hope we receive specific instructions on when to resubmit. I mean he corrected the listing and "tomorrow" is now today so....??

I was just thinking about this. :-X

I already re-sent mine.   :-X

Okay, I'm torn and could use some clack therapy. I only submitted two letters thinking that was the limit, and neither of my submissions were the erroneous listings. I did I, and H.

Do I resubmit to include more entries, or leave as is? I have a feeling resubmitting without the erroneous postings would further spoil my chances of winning at all.

Good lord, these sales really twirl my noodle.....  :confused: :confused: :confused:

More
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #4351 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 08:40:22 »

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #4352 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 08:40:39 »
I cannot believe 

1) That I went to sleep early, somehow FORGETTING about the sale
2) how amazing those clacks are  :blank:

Can someone explain what happened

Son... :blank:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4353 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 08:44:08 »
I also feel bad for Clack as this will make the job of sorting out all orders more complicated than normal.  :(

He has that @ least 1 "extra step" in checking for all resubmitted orders today for changes & then go back to the "official time" emails from everyone's.

I feel sorry for you Clack my bro, & I hope you regain your full health asap!!!  :)

Yeah seriously, sounds like the last thing he needs is a another pain.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4354 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 08:49:18 »
I was hoping he would do the "in" emails then ask just those people to resubmit their orders. Would probably be easier, eh?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #4355 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 08:55:18 »
Dat eagle. There needs to be something huge for international folks to balance missing that opportunity  :eek:

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4356 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 08:55:38 »
I was hoping he would do the "in" emails then ask just those people to resubmit their orders. Would probably be easier, eh?

I almost PMed him asking him to do that, both so we can stop stressing and he will have fewer emails to sort through.  But then that's just another PM for the guy, and that's no good either.  I can only imagine the number of random PMs he gets during sale time asking for stuff.   :blank:

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #4357 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 08:58:23 »
These all look so nice. That bald eagle.

Is the consensus to wait to resend until he posts something?
RETIRED

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4358 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 08:58:45 »
I thought about this.

He cannot send "in" emails without knowing our orders.

This is because getting "in" means that you got at least one of your choices on your list, according to what has been picked before you submitted. So even though he has the order of the emails, he cannot match it with his inventory to see who actually gets in.

----

Anyway I went ahead and resubmitted.  :]

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4359 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:07:27 »
I wish I could reswitch D and J.. all the sick skulls are topre >_<

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4360 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:13:40 »
I thought about this.

He cannot send "in" emails without knowing our orders.

This is because getting "in" means that you got at least one of your choices on your list, according to what has been picked before you submitted. So even though he has the order of the emails, he cannot match it with his inventory to see who actually gets in.

----

Anyway I went ahead and resubmitted.  :]

Ahh, good call.  He could email only the people who aren't disqualified for sending too early though!   ;)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4361 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:14:33 »
Hoffman... you are..... NOT the father

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4362 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:16:07 »
Hoffman... you are..... NOT the father

:-\

So torn.  In the shows that's usually a good thing.  But I want to father some beautiful little clacks!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4363 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:16:51 »
No one else is going to say it? I will. That Eagle is tacky. I wouldn't buy that.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #4364 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:18:03 »
No one else is going to say it? I will.

cpt...that's implying a lot of other people think that :))

not the case  :p

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #4365 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:19:12 »
The eagle is a work of art. Gorgeous. But not my style. Maybe that's what he meant?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4366 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:20:05 »
No one else is going to say it? I will. That Eagle is tacky. I wouldn't buy that.

Tacky, maybe. But the craftsmanship looks astounding if it's of the quality people expect from Clack.

I think it would look rather nice on many boards, but it's definitely not as universally appropriate as the traditional skulls.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4367 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:22:22 »
cpt...that's implying a lot of other people think that :))

not the case  :p

No it means that it seems that there are only positive comments in the thread about the eagle and I thought I'd share my opinion which happens to be negative towards that cap. How about you worry about your own opinion instead of picking at mine.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4368 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:22:38 »

I would wear the eagle as a pin (if I wore pins).  It looks absolutely stunning.  I would not put it on my keyboard.

I will not say it's tacky though.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4369 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:24:41 »

I would wear the eagle as a pin (if I wore pins).  It looks absolutely stunning.  I would not put it on my keyboard.

Had I not ****ed up, I would've been sad that I didn't make the eagle my top choice.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #4370 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:25:07 »
The eagle is a work of art. Gorgeous. But not my style. Maybe that's what he meant?

possibly   :rolleyes:

No it means that it seems that there are only positive comments in the thread about the eagle and I thought I'd share my opinion which happens to be negative towards that cap. How about you worry about your own opinion instead of picking at mine.

Was never picking at your opinion duder

that's how I feel as well

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4371 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:25:37 »
Ahh, good call.  He could email only the people who aren't disqualified for sending too early though!   ;)

I see what you mean, he could just email all of the "valid" entries and then ask for re-submissions then, assuming that it wouldn't be terribly bothersome. Maybe if hotmail has some kind of "mass reply" option...

Only time will tell at this point, but yeah, like I said before I don't think there's any harm in resubmitting since order priorities have already been established.

HERESY! Burn the heretic! Yeah, its off my list too. Something is just campy about it. Not sure if that's the right word.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4372 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:32:38 »
I also took the eagle off of my resubmit..  and am sad D is no longer the Murica skull :(

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4373 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:36:06 »
His sales are so confusing. Where are you even seeing the sale details and the pictures. I know it's over, but curious none the less.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4374 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:37:36 »
His sales are so confusing. Where are you even seeing the sale details and the pictures. I know it's over, but curious none the less.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24467.msg463581#msg463581

And I, too, was hoping the eagle was a more front beak view rather than that side profile.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #4375 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:40:35 »

I had the same issue, but someone explained it. Apparently, for current sales usually get posted as the 2nd reply to his 4grabs forum and the first reply is general sale rules.

Offline Belfong

Clack Therapy
« Reply #4376 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:41:05 »
What I find amazing is that there are people who got in on the 4th sale but none came out to show photos of the Eagle or the skull. It's like, where are these people from?! They only appear during CC sale and then disappeared.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #4377 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:43:41 »
What I find amazing is that there are people who got in on the 4th sale but none came out to show photos of the Eagle or the skull. It's like, where are these people from?! They only appear during CC sale and then disappeared.

That is exactly what I was wondering, apparently there are a lot of secretive buyers :(

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #4378 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:43:56 »

Unfortunately that's the way it goes with clack sales, tons of people dust off their GH usernames and then disappear again until the next sale :/
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4379 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:44:27 »

Unfortunately that's the way it goes with clack sales, tons of people dust off their GH usernames and then disappear again until the next sale :/

*cough* ...TheBinary... *cough*
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4380 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:44:52 »

That is exactly what I was wondering, apparently there are a lot of secretive buyers :(

I've always heard the biggest clack collectors/collections are the ones you will never hear about OR see pics from  ;)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4381 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:47:32 »

I've always heard the biggest clack collectors/collections are the ones you will never hear about OR see pics from  ;)

Yeah you've got to imagine he's got a friend or two that are into mechs.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4382 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:50:26 »
They meet weekly at the local pub. They call themselves the Clack Cabal.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4383 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:57:33 »

Come now, TheBinary shows us his clacks, not everyone likes to post a lot.

I will believe it when I see it  :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4384 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:59:24 »
Has no one else considered the possibility that he wanted to keep the photos a little hush hush until the official sale, so he asked them not to post pictures?  Seems reasonable to me.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4385 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:59:52 »

Well, I see him online most of the time and he does show his Clack once a while. He's not like a total stranger.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #4386 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:01:14 »
Can you even blame them? You can't share a picture of a rare clack without hordes of people messaging you with obscene offers. (Yes I would take pictures but I can't blame anyone who wouldn't)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4387 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:01:45 »

Well, I see him online most of the time and he does show his Clack once a while. He's not like a total stranger.

Yeah he much prefers to communicate via PM and not post as much.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4388 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:02:13 »

Yeah he much prefers to communicate via PM and not post as much.

Ah, fair enough. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4389 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:02:42 »
Can you even blame them? You can't share a picture of a rare clack without hordes of people messaging you with obscene offers. (Yes I would take pictures but I can't blame anyone who wouldn't)

Nothing wrong with a throw away account in that case. Can just ignore all PMs.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4390 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:03:27 »

:confused:   That's not a thing.  You can't make multiple accounts on GH.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4391 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:04:12 »

huehuehuehuehue....sure you can't....

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #4392 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:04:32 »
Lol

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #4393 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:27:54 »
seeing the pics of those nice clacks makes me a bit sad. But I'm happy for you US guys.  :thumb:

that gid tri-color-eye... awesome...  :eek:

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4394 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 11:12:49 »
So, how many times have you guys checked your email today so far?
I'm back.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #4395 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 11:15:37 »
So, how many times have you guys checked your email today so far?
If I have to guess, clickclack will make a post detailing when people have to resubmit their lists and emails will not come until after that deadline.
RETIRED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4396 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 11:16:50 »

Clack man has two accounts though.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4397 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 11:18:25 »

Clack man has two accounts though.

The other one is his gnomes!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4398 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 11:30:21 »
He said last night (LA time before midnight) to send in the emails "tomorrow", which is today. So yeah I wouldn't wait around for further instructions. You're right, though. I guess it will probably be tomorrow before we know anything.
I'm back.

Offline iapache

« Reply #4399 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 12:04:51 »
I put a,b and c in mine. Should I still resend?

Poker II