Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8606246 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #4800 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 23:13:28 »
what if someone bought a clack/brobot off someone else at a jacked-up price? would it be okay for him to sell it off at an equally jacked up price?

A notable concern, if I were the key cap seller, would be the potential to get myself blacklisted even though I may be making no or little profit. How is an artisan supposed to know what you paid for the key? What's to stop someone from selling a key for $200 that they purchased second-hand for close to retail but publicly claim you paid $195?

I think the makers are usually more aware of the caps that have been purchased direct from them, I know rarar copped a ban from Clack and no doubt Pac now has one from Bro.

Don't think I've heard of anyone being banned for selling a cap that they purchased on the free market.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 August 2014, 23:19:10 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4801 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 23:48:07 »
People wonder why certain members around here seem to get more caps than others, honestly if it was me making them I'd always give majority preference to collectors and long serving members over new users. At least that way you know that they won't turn around a week later and flip it for a profit like so many others have.

But as we've just been discussing, anybody can go and flip them for a profit. (Edit: Germy's classified ad is another example (sorry)) While not being a new or an old member, I would like to think that I am quite trustworthy with the transactions I have made with other members of this site, and I think that that is more important than the length of time you have spent in the community. In some cases.

« Last Edit: Tue, 05 August 2014, 23:52:18 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4802 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 23:51:58 »
People wonder why certain members around here seem to get more caps than others, honestly if it was me making them I'd always give majority preference to collectors and long serving members over new users. At least that way you know that they won't turn around a week later and flip it for a profit like so many others have.

But as we've just been discussing, anybody can go and flip them for a profit. While not being a new or an old member, I would like to think that I am quite trustworthy with the transactions I have made with other members of this site, and I think that that is more important than the length of time you have spent in the community. In some cases.

That is true and please don't take my comments as being directed at you, they were more in general.

I guess I just think that more established members have more to lose where new users might get tempted by dollar signs and throw it all away thinking they'll just create a new account later. Obviously there are always exceptions to the rule though and you can't be a long serving member without being a new user first.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4803 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 23:57:43 »
I'm not at all, I just think that kind of mindset can create a barrier between a select group of "oldguard" and the rest of the members, which is a barrier that is hard/impossible to break through. I've experienced this in a lot of internet groups I've become a part of, and it's been a major factor in me leaving in at least one of them.

You are right, I think in terms of the social aspect, and risking being shut out by doing something deemed unacceptable, those who have spent years on here would be much less likely to do such a thing. On the other hand, some people just don't care what others think, which can be both good and bad.

While this community is a lot more accepting of people than others I have been a part of before, and the distinction is more a case of knowledge rather than "skill", I think we should be wary of providing special treatment.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4804 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:03:54 »
All good points.

I'm probably a bit burned with all the 'OmG guise so unfair, all the same people get x' from users who've been here less time than my last crap took. Seems like I see it constantly lately but it's probably just the usual clack/bro butthurt that happens around sales.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #4805 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:10:52 »
Don't forget that Clack sees everything you write.  He's literally Santa, I have no other explanation. or the nsa

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4806 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:14:32 »
Yeah, for real. I thought that to start when I paid attention to the BroBot sales, and just thought: "God, I'm never going to get one of these. It's always people with higher post counts.." etc etc, but you just have to take it on the chin, and realise that maybe, people are quicker on the buzzer than you, and the fact that they have been around longer means they know how it works. My time came eventually when I won the V1 from leesofi, so I was happy, but these therapy threads do fill up with it around the sale times.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4807 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:14:32 »
Don't forget that Clack sees everything you write.  He's literally Santa, I have no other explanation. or the nsa

Awww ****, I write some stupid stuff sometimes hahaha

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4808 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:15:25 »

So if I dress up like Eartha Kitt and sing a song to him, he will give me one of his gorgeous caps? ;)

Offline Belfong

Clack Therapy
« Reply #4809 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:23:36 »
But just for discussion sake - the community here are more lenient towards recent sales like germy and pmh but not Pac. So it's likely not just the price but the attitude and the approach that matters. Pmh is raising funds for his bi color and Tri color skulls. Germy is a student and needs fund to travel to Finland. Pac is purposely wrapping up and quoting GH and want to squeeze the last ounce possible.

I guess we can't accept such an attitude.

Hmm, where is User Was Banned? Didn't see him lately.

Offline redskull

« Reply #4810 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:27:39 »
best thing to settle this crazy prices are makers making much more than they do. which is fairly hard since most is a one-man show.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4811 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:28:33 »

No clue. Profile says he was last active July 19th.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #4812 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:36:20 »

aww he never even posted a picture of his Jack-o clack   ;D
sell out and eat ass

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4813 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:47:23 »
Yeah, for real. I thought that to start when I paid attention to the BroBot sales, and just thought: "God, I'm never going to get one of these. It's always people with higher post counts.." etc etc, but you just have to take it on the chin, and realise that maybe, people are quicker on the buzzer than you, and the fact that they have been around longer means they know how it works. My time came eventually when I won the V1 from leesofi, so I was happy, but these therapy threads do fill up with it around the sale times.

If that was the case I'd win every time - but I don't.  In fact I've only ever gotten in on one Clack sale (my first CC too!).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4814 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:58:23 »
What I meant to say was higher post counts than me hah. But of course it isn't, it's just the luck of the draw.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4815 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 01:39:08 »
What I meant to say was higher post counts than me hah. But of course it isn't, it's just the luck of the draw.

That's what I keep telling myself ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline asassdsd

• Call me "Jelly"
« Reply #4816 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:32:51 »
Its defintely more luck based. There are many users I believe that got into the sale that doesnt post alot. However the gh users who has been around for long likes to show us those amazing caps, so we kinda get the false sense that only they get in sales. I think I verified that when I got into the sale despite missing three other sales earlier this year.
This isn't an alternative or troll account, I've been using this username for at least 10 years. Try typing it, is so fast and easy!

Recently acquired: Leopold fc660c with PBT   Currently: Bro-less    Clack-less    Mummy-less
I am currently at : Santa Cruz, CA

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #4817 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:40:16 »
best thing to settle this crazy prices are makers making much more than they do. which is fairly hard since most is a one-man show.

I think this is one of the reasons why clacks increased in price. It did not make sense that the people making the most money off them were in classifieds (we have seen as much as a $100 markup). By increasing the price (yet still staying fair and affordable imho) the incentive to profiteer is slightly reduced, the creator makes more money, and hopefully only people who are actually interested in novelty keycaps (and willing to pay that price) will buy them.

I do not think that only the long time posters have a chance of winning. It makes sense that you see the collections of people that are very active on this site, and that you do not see the other people who get the opportunity to buy them but who will not post screenshots and such. The 4grabs sales are semi-frequent and give everyone a shot at buying them.

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:47:04 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4818 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:53:13 »
I'm glad clack has started charging more for them, better that than him getting pissed off with people's charades and packing it in altogether. I'm guessing it will deter the profiteering individuals as well, not as enticing flipping caps for a small profit compared to selling them for 10x their retail like we've seen before.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4819 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 06:14:49 »
The fact that I get my **** in consistently under a second for almost every 4grabs leads me to wonder what ancient secret email wizardry techniques those winners are using.
It's utterly baffling.  :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4820 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 06:24:28 »

The fact that I get my **** in consistently under a second for almost every 4grabs leads me to wonder what ancient secret email wizardry techniques those winners are using.
I begin to wonder if it's my email provider. Or maybe those free accounts like hotmail is free for a reason.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4821 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 06:25:31 »

Maybe try doing some test emails to a Hotmail account and see how long they take to arrive. I did the same a while back and the latency was like 4500ms.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4822 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 06:29:42 »

Just when you think you finally have it down... you realize you don't! :(
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4823 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 06:58:52 »

Maybe try doing some test emails to a Hotmail account and see how long they take to arrive. I did the same a while back and the latency was like 4500ms.

Yes, you Australians are screwed when you have to compete against people with 25ms ping to the east coast US. It is almost impossible to predictably get an email there in the right window.

Although it hurts my chances of getting more bros, I like that bro and bunny have setup the raffle system. It makes it more likely that people around the world have a chance to win.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4824 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 07:02:47 »

Yes, you Australians are screwed when you have to compete against people with 25ms ping to the east coast US. It is almost impossible to predictably get an email there in the right window.

Although it hurts my chances of getting more bros, I like that bro and bunny have setup the raffle system. It makes it more likely that people around the world have a chance to win.
Oh yeah man, the clack game ain't easy from Aus. Then again, nothing good ever comes easy!

I spent about 8 hours doing all sorts of crazy calculations to try and get my email in with the best shot last time and either I got really lucky or something I did worked because I got an 'in' for the first time in the 420 sale :)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4825 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:12:57 »
If you won something in the Freedom sale, check your Paypal for the tracking number. :)

I'm not seeing anything in my PayPal account. Where should I be looking?

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #4826 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:15:10 »
If you won something in the Freedom sale, check your Paypal for the tracking number. :)

details, click on the transaction in paypal and it should give you the usps tracking #
sell out and eat ass

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4827 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:26:22 »

details, click on the transaction in paypal and it should give you the usps tracking #

That's what I thought, maybe CC just hasn't shipped mine yet.  :-X

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4828 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:27:49 »

If that was the case I'd win every time - but I don't.  In fact I've only ever gotten in on one Clack sale (my first CC too!).

Yeah I never get in any sales either :P

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #4829 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 09:00:44 »

aww he never even posted a picture of his Jack-o clack   ;D

I dream of BS Jack-O-Clack ;D

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4830 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 09:26:02 »

I am almost ashamed to say this. But I have gotten in on every 4grabs sale I participated in since I joined this forum. I do not do anything special. I do not send the e-mail before the counter is at zero, and I just use my gmail.

The first two times I thought I just got lucky. After the third time it happened I started wondering whether there is something about my connection/provider that gives me some sort of advantage. If I use a command prompt to do a traceroute from my PC and look at all the routers a packet of information passes through before it reaches the destination (using google.com as a test), I can tell that with under 10 milliseconds in total, my latency is probably lower than that of many others. Someone with a latency of 300 ms or more sending the e-mail at the same time and participating in the same sale might lose every single time to me.

Specific circumstances and the way an e-mail is sent might also matter. If any data from your PC (or from some other place accessed through your PC) has to pass through a global gateway network router during peak times, it can add almost half a second (slightly exaggerated). If something like that happens to you when you participate, you will never win anything in a 4 grabs sale.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 August 2014, 09:32:08 by Grim Fandango »

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #4831 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 09:37:01 »
I have yet to win via the email system.   Didn't win when KBK switched over for his Bag of Regrets sale and I didn't win on any of the other recent Clack, Bro sales.    I did get a UMAD Bro from the 4th of July sale, but I would guess that he sold me that cap on his own free will since I got my notification a day later.   

So obviously, I don't know what I'm doing.   And I've sent my emails in via Outlook, Gmail, and Optonline.   It does seem like the same people win more often than not, but I'm sure luck has something to do with it as well.   

Here's looking forward to the next sale, whenever that is   ;D ;D

Offline Belfong

Clack Therapy
« Reply #4832 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 09:46:53 »
Grim - are you in the Netherlands? Coz if you are and you got in on time, all the time, you just blew all our theories about international forum members having some slight delay due to the emails having to hop through multiple servers.

But then I suspect that having a nick like Grim Fandango will help. I wish I'm called Luke Skywalker or Jabba the Hut, Bobba Fett or something. I think Jar Jar will fail everytime!! *

* I'm jesting because CC said he doesn't play favourites.

Offline TheAngleOfDeath

• Math puns are the first sine of madness
« Reply #4833 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 09:51:35 »

That's what I thought, maybe CC just hasn't shipped mine yet.  :-X

That's probably the case.I haven't gotten mine yet either. I asked him when he would be shipping whenever I got my email because I'm going to be moving to school next week avd he said that he would be shipping m t w avd that mine would probably ship Wednesday since my email was one of the last ones.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4834 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 09:55:39 »
I wonder how many people have issues because they leave the "Undo Send" option enabled? Also, plain text helps ... it can drastically reduce your payload size not having to send rich text garbage.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4835 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:10:19 »
How can I turn off rich text in outlook.com?

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4836 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:26:34 »
Grim - are you in the Netherlands? Coz if you are and you got in on time, all the time, you just blew all our theories about international forum members having some slight delay due to the emails having to hop through multiple servers.

But then I suspect that having a nick like Grim Fandango will help. I wish I'm called Luke Skywalker or Jabba the Hut, Bobba Fett or something. I think Jar Jar will fail everytime!! *

Yes, I am in the Netherlands. In theory, increasing the distance from the server you are sending information to will always increase latency. However, with the way the online e-mail services work that most people here use, I think it is unlikely that people are at a disadvantage for not being in the US.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:29:46 by Grim Fandango »

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4837 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:27:27 »
How can I turn off rich text in outlook.com?

When you're creating a new email, in "Options" at the top, there is a selection for it.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline redskull

« Reply #4838 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:59:58 »

I think this is one of the reasons why clacks increased in price. It did not make sense that the people making the most money off them were in classifieds (we have seen as much as a $100 markup). By increasing the price (yet still staying fair and affordable imho) the incentive to profiteer is slightly reduced, the creator makes more money, and hopefully only people who are actually interested in novelty keycaps (and willing to pay that price) will buy them.

I do not think that only the long time posters have a chance of winning. It makes sense that you see the collections of people that are very active on this site, and that you do not see the other people who get the opportunity to buy them but who will not post screenshots and such. The 4grabs sales are semi-frequent and give everyone a shot at buying them.
or artisan cap makers can make caps base on custom orders. GON, Pexon, Noko etc. can do this for keyboards, cables and such, why not cap makers too?  :-X

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #4839 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 12:37:01 »

or artisan cap makers can make caps base on custom orders. GON, Pexon, Noko etc. can do this for keyboards, cables and such, why not cap makers too?  :-X
Because there is a lot of demand.
Also for most cap makers, this is a hobby and not a job.
RETIRED

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4840 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 16:22:27 »
Artists have it tough enough already, can you imagine trying to make a full-time living off of artisan cap crafting? Unless you enjoy the convenience of having your bathroom kitchen and living room all be the same room.

Offline calavera

« Reply #4841 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 16:28:50 »
I think it would be so much more fair if it was just a raffle/drawing instead.
There are user-made programs out there for these specifically.

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #4842 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 18:03:09 »

Yes, I am in the Netherlands. In theory, increasing the distance from the server you are sending information to will always increase latency. However, with the way the online e-mail services work that most people here use, I think it is unlikely that people are at a disadvantage for not being in the US.
I think this is pretty much correct. I once did hotmail/outlook test account using US-proxy and sent emails to that account from Finnish ip and from US-ip with different email providers. Country had almost none influence but the email provider
that was used to send the email sometimes made huge differences.

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline redskull

« Reply #4843 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 23:42:02 »
blurghh, edit.  :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 August 2014, 23:51:49 by redskull »

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #4844 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 11:53:55 »
I have yet to win via the email system.   Didn't win when KBK switched over for his Bag of Regrets sale and I didn't win on any of the other recent Clack, Bro sales.    I did get a UMAD Bro from the 4th of July sale, but I would guess that he sold me that cap on his own free will since I got my notification a day later.   

So obviously, I don't know what I'm doing.   And I've sent my emails in via Outlook, Gmail, and Optonline.   It does seem like the same people win more often than not, but I'm sure luck has something to do with it as well.   

Here's looking forward to the next sale, whenever that is   ;D ;D

Well that is depressing

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #4845 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:45:12 »
Does Clack make all his skulls from molds?  Sometimes, when I look close at them it looks like some are slightly different than others
or the skull is rougher around the edges on some.

Offline osman99

• follow the smoke to the riff filled land
« Reply #4846 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 15:37:57 »
After finally getting the final peice for my keyboard I didn't know where to post so I am posting it here!

http://imgur.com/a/U2H7O

My poker II with a f2 red

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #4847 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 17:11:11 »
After finally getting the final peice for my keyboard I didn't know where to post so I am posting it here!

Nice, is that from the most recent FREEDOM sale?

Offline osman99

• follow the smoke to the riff filled land
« Reply #4848 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 17:34:22 »

Nice, is that from the most recent FREEDOM sale?
Yes it is, that was my first sale and I'm close to certain I was the very last email he sent out, so I just got really lucky that I got in!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4849 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 19:45:28 »
Does Clack make all his skulls from molds?  Sometimes, when I look close at them it looks like some are slightly different than others
or the skull is rougher around the edges on some.

Yep, they are all from molds so some have slight variations.

Needing therapy hard right now. Having some **** luck finding clacks to buy. Doesn't help that there are like 10 WTB threads I suppose hahaha