Author Topic: [GB] Matt3o's Amazing Topre PBT Spacebars  (Read 91123 times)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Re: [GB] Matt3o's Amazing Topre PBT Spacebars
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:04:59 »
So glad to see this concept become reality...Matt3o really knows how to get it done  :thumb:
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #301 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:40:58 »
thanks guys, I'm glad the product is up to the expectations.

actually I would like to thank MD, the only company that believed in the project since the beginning. So if this was possible is mostly thank to Andrew first and Kunal later from MD.

And of course I want to thank the director and the screenwriters and all the crew members, my wonderful wife and... oh no, sorry, that's a different speech.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #302 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:45:11 »

actually I would like to thank MD, the only company that believed in the project since the beginning. So if this was possible is mostly thank to Andrew first and Kunal later from MD.

And of course I want to thank the director and the screenwriters and all the crew members, my wonderful wife and... oh no, sorry, that's a different speech.

Andrew and kunal are top-notch guys. They seem really active in the mech side of things on Massdrop, and have consistently addressed many of the concerns there (at least from what I've seen). I wouldn't be surprised if they were active members on here, DT, and/or /r/mechanicalkeyboards.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #303 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 17:23:37 »

Andrew and kunal are top-notch guys. They seem really active in the mech side of things on Massdrop, and have consistently addressed many of the concerns there (at least from what I've seen). I wouldn't be surprised if they were active members on here, DT, and/or /r/mechanicalkeyboards.

Are they active on here at all?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #304 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 17:50:27 »

Are they active on here at all?

Oops. Meant just members. Or at least lurkers.
Was thinking "active" from their activity on MD.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 18:58:50 »
Just put this on my brand new RF87U.
Feels great, looks great and sounds great :thumb:
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #306 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 14:28:22 »
Finally got mine in the mail. Strange as I didn't get any kind of delivery notification from Massdrop and they ignored my email asking about this, but turns out they did ship it after all.

Love them. Have noticed small blemishes on all six of them in the same spot, which was probably a problem with the original dye, and all of them have very slight warping, however the effect is barely noticeable. I have however noticed that they are a tad "friction-ey" on my HHKB. Should I lube the stabilizer stem things to solve this?
Acer KB-101A with Blue Alps | HHKB Pro 2 | '85 122 Key IBM Model F | '86 1390131 "Silver Label" Model M | AEK M0115 with Orange Alps | Focus FK-2001 White Alps | Chicony 5181 with SMK "Monterey Blue" Switches | Dell AT101W | Unicomp "Ultra Classic" | Razer Blackwidow 2013

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 18:20:55 »
Finally got mine in the mail. Strange as I didn't get any kind of delivery notification from Massdrop and they ignored my email asking about this, but turns out they did ship it after all.

Love them. Have noticed small blemishes on all six of them in the same spot, which was probably a problem with the original dye, and all of them have very slight warping, however the effect is barely noticeable. I have however noticed that they are a tad "friction-ey" on my HHKB. Should I lube the stabilizer stem things to solve this?

Make sure they're pushed down firmly in all three spots, I found that they were a little harder to seat on the stabilizers than the original spacebar.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #308 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 20:44:06 »
Got my spacebars a few days ago, and they look really good, but they are a slightly different color then caps on my white FC660C.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline dante

« Reply #309 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 21:16:53 »
is MD going to do another drop of these?

Offline Bomble

« Reply #310 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 21:25:58 »
Mine are still in Transit from New York to Australia, have heard nothing but good things so far!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #311 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 21:27:59 »
Got my spacebars a few days ago, and they look really good, but they are a slightly different color then caps on my white FC660C.

Suspect the colours on your FC660C isn't Realforce Colours, which is what Matt3o has based them on. 

RFs are sold more throughout the world than any FC660C keyboard, hence you base the colour schemes upon the most sold.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #312 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 21:54:57 »

Suspect the colours on your FC660C isn't Realforce Colours, which is what Matt3o has based them on. 

RFs are sold more throughout the world than any FC660C keyboard, hence you base the colour schemes upon the most sold.

Yeah, to me it looks like HHKB & RF use a light greyish white, and the FC660C uses more yellow in their white.

I'll post some pictures soon to show the difference.   I'm still going to keep them because I'm sure I'll end up getting a white RF (if I can find a all 45g), or HHKB eventually.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 01:07:55 »
Yes, the reference colors are RF and HHKB. Leopold black fortunately matches, but Leopold white does not.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #314 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 08:05:04 »

Make sure they're pushed down firmly in all three spots, I found that they were a little harder to seat on the stabilizers than the original spacebar.
Same.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #315 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 09:51:34 »
i got an update today. it said the bars have arrived in Frankfurt (DE).
my guess is i receive them early next week :)

i got mine in NL  today, i hope yours reach you soon!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Bucake

« Reply #316 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 10:04:35 »
i got mine in NL  today, i hope yours reach you soon!

oh, snap! :D

pls topre gods..
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #317 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 12:13:07 »
Got mine today! Unfortunately they didn't manage to sneak through customs unnoticed. :( Ah well, you can't win every time.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:25:25 »
Very received!

Such Space.

Many PBT.

So PBT.

Wow!

Except ... the white one sticks a bit at the bottom of the stroke.  Most times it comes back up sufficiently that the space does not repeat across the screen, but it is definitely noticable whilst typing, and feels odd.  The black one (and the stock space bar) do not exhibit this issue.

Anyone else experienced this?

112928-0

112930-1
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #319 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 23:47:01 »
Very received!

Such Space.

Many PBT.

So PBT.

Wow!

Except ... the white one sticks a bit at the bottom of the stroke.  Most times it comes back up sufficiently that the space does not repeat across the screen, but it is definitely noticable whilst typing, and feels odd.  The black one (and the stock space bar) do not exhibit this issue.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Rowds, you got yours first before me  :'( .

The RFs are now sad because there is no upgrade just yet, see what happens when you deny them their PBT spacers.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #320 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 23:52:18 »
Very received!

Such Space.

Many PBT.

So PBT.

Wow!

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Rowds, you got yours first before me  :'( .

The RFs are now sad because there is no upgrade just yet, see what happens when you deny them their PBT spacers.

Yours shouldn't be too far behind!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Polymer

« Reply #321 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:08:25 »

Based on what others have said, you need to make sure it is set properly on all three points..which if not, seems to add some added friction because I'd imagine the stabilizer is off...

Hoping to get mine soon...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:43:21 »

Based on what others have said, you need to make sure it is set properly on all three points..which if not, seems to add some added friction because I'd imagine the stabilizer is off...

It was, I removed it and tried the black one, and the original.  I've tried the white one three separate times now, and pressed both sides and the middle, and it consistently gets stuck about half way up on most presses.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #323 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:21:41 »

It was, I removed it and tried the black one, and the original.  I've tried the white one three separate times now, and pressed both sides and the middle, and it consistently gets stuck about half way up on most presses.
I'm currently using the white one and do not have that problem. But it's not on a HHKB.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline geniekid

« Reply #324 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:57:46 »

I'm currently using the white one and do not have that problem. But it's not on a HHKB.

I'm using a white spacebar on my HHKB.  At first it was quite sluggish (though it never actually stuck) but after a couple days of use it broke in nicely.  I can't tell the difference between the PBT and the original one any more.  Not sure if this will work for you since yours seems stickier than mine but it's worth a try.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:05:49 »
muhahahahahaha

muhahahahaha

edit: thanks matt3o :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:15:04 by Bucake »
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #326 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:11:33 »
Not as smooth as i would have liked but a nice product nonetheless.Perhaps needs some breaking in.  Both of mine were not entirely straight but can't really tell the difference on the board.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #327 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 09:24:23 »
Bit concerned about the warped space bars since that was the whole reason these were ABS to begin with right? 

Hoping someone can figure out an easy way to heat and get em straight...that'd make them perfect...

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 09:26:32 »
Bit concerned about the warped space bars since that was the whole reason these were ABS to begin with right? 

Hoping someone can figure out an easy way to heat and get em straight...that'd make them perfect...

I previously put a large book on mine and gently heated it with a blow drier on low for a minute or two. Then let it cool with the book on it still.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #329 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 10:57:51 »

Just checking -- Do you have the auxiliary spring installed under the spacebar?

Offline Polymer

« Reply #330 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:15:21 »

I previously put a large book on mine and gently heated it with a blow drier on low for a minute or two. Then let it cool with the book on it still.

I was going to try something very similar...but thanks for the information...

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #331 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:48:32 »

Can confirm the hair dyer trick. My Granite PBT set arrived with almost every key >1.5u warped like crazy. I was able to straighten them all out by heating them up nice and hot with a hair dryer and slowly bending/tweaking them as needed. Take your time and make sure not to over-do it, its better to make multiple smaller attempts than it is to try and do it all at once.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #332 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 19:45:55 »
muhahahahahaha

Show Image

muhahahahaha

edit: thanks matt3o :D

Bucake you lucky DAWG.

Now your RFs can all be elevated into the stratosphere of Thorpie Perfection  8) .

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #333 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 19:54:32 »
I think im going to go back to the ABS spacebar. The fell of the new spacebar doesn't do it for me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:05:52 »

Just checking -- Do you have the auxiliary spring installed under the spacebar?

Yes.  It was there originally, and is still there now.

I've been using the black space bar since yesterday, and it's fine.

geniekid mentioned breaking in the space bar - I'll put the white one back on and see what happens after a day or two.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #335 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:13:13 »
Now your RFs can all be elevated into the stratosphere of Thorpie Perfection  8) .

eh? i'm just saving these to sell for 1 million dollars in 40 years :cool:

I think im going to go back to the ABS spacebar. The fell of the new spacebar doesn't do it for me.

!admin_ban "Bevo"
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:14:55 by Bucake »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:14:09 »

geniekid mentioned breaking in the space bar - I'll put the white one back on and see what happens after a day or two.

Rowdy, have you tried lube on that white spacer yet?

Maybe giving a little KY on the noisy/tight fitting part will help alleviate some of it's rough action (know from personal experience here).

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:20:56 »

!admin_ban "Bevo"
[/quote]

:(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #338 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:49:39 »

Rowdy, have you tried lube on that white spacer yet?

Maybe giving a little KY on the noisy/tight fitting part will help alleviate some of it's rough action (know from personal experience here).

Not yet, although the original space bar and the black PBT space bar work perfectly, just the white PBT space bar seems hesitant to return all the way up, and sounds muted when pressed.

Offline HungryPillow

« Reply #339 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 06:03:42 »
I just received my space bars and they feel great! However, they seem to have a bit of discoloration to them with the black one being the most obvious. Does everyone else have this as well or is it just me?

Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Filco Majestouch MX Blues | Corsair K70 RGB MX Browns | Ducky Shine 4 MX Clears / Browns | WhiteFox Aria MX Browns

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #340 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 07:31:39 »
I just received my space bars and they feel great! However, they seem to have a bit of discoloration to them with the black one being the most obvious. Does everyone else have this as well or is it just me?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

From what I've seen in the thread you can clean it off

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #341 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 08:33:42 »

!admin_ban "Bevo"

:eek:   How rude

Also, on topic, my spacebars are still at my parent's, but I got a few already thanks to livingspeedbump (had a big bag at his meetup).  :thumb:  Good stuff.  ;D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 20:15:10 »
Mrs says there is a Plain Brown Coloured Box shoved into the Mailbox at the bottom of the driveway and she says it's from MassDrop.

Hence it looks like they've finally arrived, I can hear all my RFs screaming for these babies  ;D

Good work Matt3o, it looks like you've delivered on an all PBT spacer set that is the envy of all Thorpie lovers everywhere (except for those that are seriously disturbed, wanting to still use ABS.......yuck).

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 20:44:58 »
Mrs says there is a Plain Brown Coloured Box shoved into the Mailbox at the bottom of the driveway and she says it's from MassDrop.

Hence it looks like they've finally arrived, I can hear all my RFs screaming for these babies  ;D

Good work Matt3o, it looks like you've delivered on an all PBT spacer set that is the envy of all Thorpie lovers everywhere (except for those that are seriously disturbed, wanting to still use ABS.......yuck).

Each to their own i guess. I preferred the smoother ABS feel of the the original spacebar. Perhaps the PBT one needs some lube.

Offline Charizard

« Reply #344 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 22:55:11 »
Anyone have an extra black one they would be willing to part with? Willing to pay handsomely :)

Offline Polymer

« Reply #345 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 23:42:15 »
So mine came in today....

The red matches the normal RF Red set which I guess is the same red as the special edition ctrl-esc pack which is different than the standalone red esc which is a much darker red.                                                                                 

All different degrees of fitting...the biggest test is when you've pressed it all the way on with the stabilizer some are really really stuck..some are not..Like my black one is perfect as long as it isn't pressed all the way into the stabilizer.

Sounds wise...sounds a bit better...not sure if it is from the PBT or because there slightly more friction or because the stabilizers are actually connected tighter but it feels better.  The ABS one actually does feel like this on some RF's when you get a perfect fit but tends to get looser and looser so we'll see how this one is.  The one I'm using right now was a little clanky at first but I re-seated it and it was great...

update:  I took a hairdryer to some of them they seem to get soft easily and seem to fit better..still takes a bit of tinkering here and there...and my fingers hurt from popping them out because they're attached to the stabilizers pretty solidly...probably 2 times more force needed to pop them off vs. the regular spacebar..

After seeing this..I can see why they went ABS..I actually think there is less noise not necessarily because of the PBT (that is one thing) but because there is some additional friction with the stabilizer that is keeping it from clanking around....Trying to get these perfectly straight is a bit of a pain as well..I can only imagine it was worse when they first tried than now...

That said, I'm loving the overall feel and the fact that it won't shine up as easily (I hope).  I'm really happy this happened and thanks to Matto for all the hard work..great stuff...

Hoping to see some other colors in the future :)

« Last Edit: Thu, 08 October 2015, 02:06:36 by Polymer »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 02:08:42 »
Mine came today, perfection has been improved upon  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline HungryPillow

« Reply #347 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 21:15:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

From what I've seen in the thread you can clean it off

I've tried cleaning it with some soap and water but it doesn't come off. It looks like a discoloration in the material itself and not just a stain mark.
Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Filco Majestouch MX Blues | Corsair K70 RGB MX Browns | Ducky Shine 4 MX Clears / Browns | WhiteFox Aria MX Browns

Offline Polymer

« Reply #348 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 21:22:59 »
Mine had similar marks...they just rubbed out..they were on all of mine...

Definitely when I compare the two (Stock ABS and PBT), the ABS one is cleaner..perfectly straight and the overall construction is of higher quality...

But the PBT one is still really good..and it feels better to use...

Any slight differences are gone when you put it on the keyboard..and the difference in how they feel is significant. 

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #349 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 02:16:51 »
I like the PBT spacebar, I think it is a little louder than the ABS. But I like the PBT sound better. In saying that I am considering putting a silencing ring on the spacebar only as I think it may be just a little too loud. Does anyone else think this or am I just crazy?