Author Topic: [GB] GMK RGBYK - shipped, received, over.  (Read 214970 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [GB] GMK RGBYK - On hold
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 21:54:18 »
According to that DT thread, it seems to me that if you send out PayPal invoices as "amount only" instead of as items, you should be safe from this kind of thing. Is that not the case?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 22:16:30 »
Looking forward to for so long, the result is for abortion? Why is that?
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #502 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 22:26:35 »
I have just finished all of the refunds.  I rechecked everything, and everyone should be good.  If anyone has a discrepancy, please let me know.  I am going to contact PP tomorrow to get the fees sorted out.  Thank you everyone for your patience through all of this.
Have received, sorry for that event.
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #503 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 22:42:59 »
Received the refund a while ago. Sigh.  :(
Definitely in again if there is a second chance.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts.
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 22:54:10 »
Got my refund also. I'll definitely be interested when you decide to run it again.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #505 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 23:32:52 »
Guys. It looks like Massdrop is going to be helping us out. I went and paid a visit to the Massdrop HQ today after work and had a chat with Kunal. Please stand by for more details as I hash them out.

RGBYK is going to happen.

I cannot insure that everything is going to be the same but I will say that the keys in the set will not be changed, no adding or subtracting keys.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #506 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 23:50:17 »
Guys. It looks like Massdrop is going to be helping us out. I went and paid a visit to the Massdrop HQ today after work and had a chat with Kunal. Please stand by for more details as I hash them out.

I cannot insure that everything is going to be the same but I will say that the keys in the set will not be changed, no adding or subtracting keys.

Great about the keyset, a little hesitant about the prices. But hey: it can't change that much, can it?!  :))

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 00:08:08 »

Great about the keyset, a little hesitant about the prices. But hey: it can't change that much, can it?!  :))
I would guess it depends on the number of orders we hit, with the same keys (inc yellow win keys) if we don't hit 400 again it'll definitely be more expensive.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #508 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 00:10:49 »
Got my refund earlier today. Much appreciated guys. I will be in on this if it happens on Massdrop too. Appreciate all the work that you put in.

EDIT: We should ask them about doing classic beige at the same time since it looks like it isn't hitting MOQ here alone.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 September 2015, 00:20:23 by swornxin »

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #509 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 00:32:40 »
Got my refund, verified, convert rate was exactly the same as the invoice.

Wherever second attempt of RGBYK happens I'll put similar order in.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 September 2015, 03:03:02 by azhdar »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #510 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 02:52:40 »
Got my refund.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #511 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 02:54:59 »
Refund received. Sorry about your woes

Offline Hzza

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 03:16:58 »
Got my refund, verified, convert rate was exactly the same as the invoice.

Wherever second attempt of RGBYK happens I'll put similar order in.
Same, refund received and the money has been put aside for when this comes around again.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #513 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 05:30:20 »
WEll, anyways, thanks for the efforts and the quick refunds.  Classy.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 05:58:00 »
:'(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #515 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 06:07:16 »
Received it ghost. Thank you for the hard work.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #516 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 07:02:00 »
Ghost/Radio
Regarding the financial lost you guys make during this event, how can one contribute for this matter?
A few of us has already proposed to cut down our refund, might as well open the option for people to do this

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #517 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 07:10:48 »
Ghost/Radio
Regarding the financial lost you guys make during this event, how can one contribute for this matter?
A few of us has already proposed to cut down our refund, might as well open the option for people to do this

+1

Offline shawn o

« Reply #518 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 07:39:29 »
Don't combine this with the "classic beige" here or Massdrop.

Many people, including myself, purchased the GMK doubleshot beige set when it was on Originative. Was that a year or even 2 years ago? Regardless, many have it already.

And many people want one or the other, but not both. No reason to combine them just because they look nice together. If it doesn't reach MOQ, it doesnt.

Put it on Massdrop too by itself and it will sell. I many buy another set as a backup there, but I won't here due to the odd payment method.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #519 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 08:31:25 »

Many people, including myself, purchased the GMK doubleshot beige set when it was on Originative. Was that a year or even 2 years ago? Regardless, many have it already.

And many people want one or the other, but not both. No reason to combine them just because they look nice together. If it doesn't reach MOQ, it doesnt.

Put it on Massdrop too by itself and it will sell. I many buy another set as a backup there, but I won't here due to the odd payment method.

They don't mean literally combining the set, just if one sets MOQ is achieved then the MOQ for another set is much lower, combining the order but not the set. So you can buy either both or neither :thumb: I'm pretty sure atleast :-\

Offline mbrown559

« Reply #520 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 09:06:17 »
Got my refund.  Unfortunate this happened though. Will be watching for it to hit MassDrop.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 09:06:38 »

They don't mean literally combining the set, just if one sets MOQ is achieved then the MOQ for another set is much lower, combining the order but not the set. So you can buy either both or neither :thumb: I'm pretty sure atleast :-\

Yep thats the idea I had in mind

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #522 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 10:27:38 »
There was recently a very successful rgby set on sale on massdrop. Why don't you offer the white font option too? That would be very easy with the gmk moq.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #523 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 10:29:25 »
Specificly because it was run recently on MD, and because it's made to go along a black legends keyset.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #524 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 10:29:43 »
There was recently a very successful rgby set on sale on massdrop. Why don't you offer the white font option too? That would be very easy with the gmk moq.

We 're in here because we love black legends, bro.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #525 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 11:33:35 »

I know.... But that may bring a little additional profit while keeping unaltered the value of the work done in selecting these keycaps :-)

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #526 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 11:34:18 »

They're also scoop only, no bars/nubs.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #527 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 11:35:45 »
Got the refund as well.

Let's hope it doesn't get considerably more expensive with Massdrop. Maybe they can include a yellow menu key as well ;)

What sucks though is that us filthy Europeans are facing import fees as Massdrop won't declare it "20$".

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #528 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 12:03:22 »

I know.... But that may bring a little additional profit while keeping unaltered the value of the work done in selecting these keycaps :-)

I think that isn't so important as creating caps with black legends.

They're also scoop only, no bars/nubs.

Is it relate color of legends? I don't understand your opinion :(

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #529 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 12:26:26 »
got my refund  :'(

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #530 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 12:29:20 »
Ghost/Radio

We don't need any contributions but I thank you for the nice gesture. I would just love it if people still supported the group buy on Massdrop. They are doing us a huge solid and are throwing out their normal keycap group buy rules for this one. I can't go into specifics but I will say that Massdrop has thus far been very accommodating.

Don't worry that wouldn't even be an option, that decision would need to be put up to Mr. Potek. That is his group buy, and although we are friends we are not in any way working together. The fact that our sets got run side by side was mere coincidence.

Got the refund as well.

Let's hope it doesn't get considerably more expensive with Massdrop. Maybe they can include a yellow menu key as well ;)

What sucks though is that us filthy Europeans are facing import fees as Massdrop won't declare it "20$".

This is what is most important to both Ghost and I and Massdrop. We understand there will be more labor costs and other taxes involved with this buy now that it is going through Massdrop. I wish I could do more for our international friends.. Really sorry about that guys.. But I am working with Massdrop to insure that the price point for the set stays as close as possible to the original price that we offered.

However the set with the windows keys will not be changed. The set is set in stone.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #531 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 12:53:46 »
Massdrop is not evil. Just make sure that they specify how the keycaps will be shipped. A cardboard box is often used by for example coruskb (vortex). But maybe that a bag could be good enough.

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #532 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 13:54:52 »
This is what is most important to both Ghost and I and Massdrop. We understand there will be more labor costs and other taxes involved with this buy now that it is going through Massdrop. I wish I could do more for our international friends.. Really sorry about that guys.. But I am working with Massdrop to insure that the price point for the set stays as close as possible to the original price that we offered.

However the set with the windows keys will not be changed. The set is set in stone.

It sucks, but I paid it for RGBW and CMYW the other month, I'll do the same for this! Massdrop might not be loved by all, but at the end of the day, if you want the set; you want the set.
RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline beltet

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 17:45:19 »
Will support this even if it's on massdrop.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #534 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 17:59:30 »
I've never had a poor experience with Massdrop. Not that I have with other group buy organizers either, but even the customer service has been stellar from Massdrop when I have had to deal with them.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline gridMENSCH

« Reply #535 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 19:19:16 »
Massdrop shipping and value declaration will add another ~$40 to the cost of the set for me. Will make it more difficult to justify. Not that this is particularly relevant to anyone else; just something to think about.

Offline mathiasn

« Reply #536 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 03:15:48 »
Refund received.
Thanks for all the effort you put into this.
I'll try and re-board the Massdrop wagon train...

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 05:56:26 »
Massdrop shipping and value declaration will add another ~$40 to the cost of the set for me. Will make it more difficult to justify. Not that this is particularly relevant to anyone else; just something to think about.

I've wondered why residents outside the USA don't like Massdrop.  I guess this explains why.  Also, Massdrop does a poor job of packing some items and endangers to damage during the shipping process.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #538 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 06:39:11 »
Sorry to hear about this guys. Best of luck with Massdrop and getting this to go through :).

Offline Tyr

« Reply #539 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 09:05:27 »
Personally to me as a European it feels silly to order GMK stuff through Massdrop. In that case I'm paying to have a German company ship stuff to the US where it will be shipped back to me at considerable cost,  after which I will have to pay extra VAT and import (!) duty on it. It's ridiculous.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #540 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 11:14:30 »
Personally to me as a European it feels silly to order GMK stuff through Massdrop. In that case I'm paying to have a German company ship stuff to the US where it will be shipped back to me at considerable cost,  after which I will have to pay extra VAT and import (!) duty on it. It's ridiculous.

Yeah that is why it is a little frustrating for us to have to use Massdrop since if we had done it ourselves we could have helped out our international supporters with those extra taxes. We are sorry that it came to this but would still appreciate your support if possible. Like I said before I am working on making this set as close to that previous price as possible.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #541 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 15:50:07 »

In Italy I paid 30% on 40$. That's not much considering that vat is 20%. You are only paying 10% more than vat. If you buy directly from gmk you still would have to pay the vat, which is not paid when you export to the US. Please tell me if the math is wrong, which is not.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #542 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 20:58:12 »
Big update coming soon. I will have ghost update the main page of the thread.  :thumb: It is looking good guys.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 21:43:06 »
Glad this is still going to happen. Will be joining when re launched  :thumb:

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #544 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 23:07:31 »
Hey guys  ;)

It is live. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-rgbyk-modifiers-pack-with-black-legends

Ghost will update the OP tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support!

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #545 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 23:33:06 »
Awesome, how'd you manage to keep the price the same?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #546 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 23:36:16 »
Glad to see you guys got it on MD. :-*

Offline beltet

« Reply #547 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 00:30:51 »
Great work! Will support this!

Edit: Limited to 3 sets per user. Why is that?
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 September 2015, 00:32:29 by beltet »

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #548 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 00:33:35 »

I worked a little magic  ;)

But for real, Kunal at Massdrop was a huge part of the success of this and I can't thank him enough for getting this set at the same price.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #549 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 00:35:27 »
Great work! Will support this!

Edit: Limited to 3 sets per user. Why is that?

It is to allow for the flat rate shipping of 3 keycap sets per box. That part is really out of my control. My work around would to be to join the drop multiple times buying in bunches of 3 if you wanted to purchase more. OR you could just email massdrop support about it and they could easily help you out.