Poll

What should happen with the payment discrepancy?

Refund money to participants
9 (25%)
Send participants extra switches
8 (22.2%)
Send participants silly things and donate money
19 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:35:50

Author Topic: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates  (Read 301164 times)

Offline BlueNalgene

Re: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 15:58:52 »
Are we at the .16$ price for the quiet clicks yet? If we are or are close enough to push it over, ill get some more.

Quiet clicks are at $0.18 still.  It would require a minimum of 430 more ordered to reach th $0.16 point.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 16:59:52 »
When exactly are you going to close the gb (time wise)?

Offline ika

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:06:11 »

like... three hours ago?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:11:51 »

like... three hours ago?
On the next Quantum Leap:

Sam leaps back three hours to help a swimming bird buy a keyboard before the deadline.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:24:49 »

It is closed.  I'm still messing around with Excel though.  If you have some changes you would like to make, now is the time to PM me.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:34:51 »

like... three hours ago?
On the next Quantum Leap:

Sam leaps back three hours to help a swimming bird buy a keyboard before the deadline.

Already bought one! Was tempted to get one in AEK style as well though

Now just to find a case to go with this

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:41:06 »
Wait, will this work with a poker ii case without a pcb? If not I'll have to change my order, I was planning to wire with a teensy
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:45:48 »
Wait, will this work with a poker ii case without a pcb? If not I'll have to change my order, I was planning to wire with a teensy
You would have to find a way to fasten it to the case, since the plate has no mounting holes, only through holes for access to the PCB mounting holes.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #308 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:47:03 »
You would have to find a way to fasten it to the case, since the plate has no mounting holes, only through holes for access to the PCB mounting holes.

Sorry if it's already been posted but what case are you going to use for yours Nick?
Also, what layout are you going for?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:50:11 »
Would using standoffs work?
If I got a pcb, how would you mount that?

EDIT: Wording
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:56:11 by Deductivemonkee »

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #310 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:55:31 »

Sorry if it's already been posted but what case are you going to use for yours Nick?
I ordered 3 sets: Dell ANSI, Infinity, and HHKB. With PCBs for all of them. I got switches for two of them, one with quiets and one with clicks. The HHKB plate is getting powder coated and the other two will be bare.

I'm honestly not sure what I'll be using for cases yet, but I'm thinking about trying my hand at a wooden case for at least one of them.

Depending on the shade of blue the powder coating turns out to be, I may want to get one of those blue TEX aluminum cases for it. But it will be a while before I'll have more funds for keyboard parts, especially with Alpine Winter (I'll be buying three sets myself if we hit 100).

My boards:
More

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 17:56:38 »

I ordered 3 sets: Dell ANSI, Infinity, and HHKB. With PCBs for all of them. I got switches for two of them, one with quiets and one with clicks. The HHKB plate is getting powder coated and the other two will be bare.

I'm honestly not sure what I'll be using for cases yet, but I'm thinking about trying my hand at a wooden case for at least one of them.

Depending on the shade of blue the powder coating turns out to be, I may want to get one of those blue TEX aluminum cases for it. But it will be a while before I'll have more funds for keyboard parts, especially with Alpine Winter (I'll be buying three sets myself if we hit 100).

Yeah I almost joined that massdrop buy for the cases but read about shorting in the OP and didn't want to risk it

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 18:08:03 »

Yeah I almost joined that massdrop buy for the cases but read about shorting in the OP and didn't want to risk it
I have a black TEX case already. It's not a bad case. I also have one of their acrylic 60% cases. I'm eager to try something different.

I ran an IC recently for a monster 60% case inspired by SkiData cases, but it didn't really go anywhere. I guess people want small cases.

My boards:
More

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 18:10:32 »
Does anyone have a cad file for a case with no pcb that I could make on a cnc?
I'm bad with freecad/librecad and such.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 18:12:32 »
There's got to be a way to use standoffs to raise the height up to the plate level, then you could just use washers around the screws to bite down on the plate.

My boards:
More

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #315 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 18:14:19 »
There's got to be a way to use standoffs to raise the height up to the plate level, then you could just use washers around the screws to bite down on the plate.
Eh ,first build, I'm a noob. I don't deny that.
Thanks, I'll figure out a way... Somehow.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #316 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 18:15:18 »

Yeah I was thinking it couldn't be too hard to fix it..... but I want someone else to do it first  :p

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #317 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 18:16:42 »
Us Canadians get ripped off with these prices. This keyboard will be my prized object in my igloo among my dog sled team and maple syrup collection... Lol

(I'm allowed to make stereotypical jokes about myself)

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 18:17:44 »
Us Canadians get ripped off with these prices. This keyboard will be my prized object in my igloo among my dog sled team and maple syrup collection... Lol

Can't you just fashion a case out of recycled Molson cans and hockey pucks?

My boards:
More

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #319 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 18:18:36 »

Can't you just fashion a case out of recycled Molson cans and hockey pucks?

But I'd have to destroy my scale replica of the Eiffel tower to get the pucks and cans...

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #320 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 18:20:24 »
The sad thing about buying all of this, is that it's almost cheaper than getting a pok3r into Canada...

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 18:42:18 »
Just a thought, if I loaded an at101w plate into keyboard-layout-editor.com, and chose sandwich case, would that work for a case?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #322 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 21:38:57 »
Woot! Added a pcb to my order at the last minute! I hate being indecisive...

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #323 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 21:39:29 »

My boards:
More

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #324 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 21:40:05 »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #325 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 21:54:59 »
I hate being indecisive...

Are you sure?

Yes. I just cost myself another $45.

You made the right choice. A Teensy is ~20USD, plus all the wire and extra time, that's got to add up to more than the cost of the PCB. And the PCB will help with the overall rigidity and stability of the board, even if you did manage to figure out a way to shoehorn the plate-only assembly into a case designed for a PCB.

My boards:
More

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #326 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:00:25 »

Are you sure?

You made the right choice. A Teensy is ~20USD, plus all the wire and extra time, that's got to add up to more than the cost of the PCB. And the PCB will help with the overall rigidity and stability of the board, even if you did manage to figure out a way to shoehorn the plate-only assembly into a case designed for a PCB.

Yep. Good thing I'm now broke.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #327 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:02:27 »
Also, I'm sorry I couldn't at least get the novelty caps from you njbair... But! Expect a build log from me sometime this decade!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:02:33 »

Are you sure?

Yeah but it's not real money, it's Canadian money.

My boards:
More

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #329 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:03:58 »

Are you sure?

Yeah but it's not real money, it's Canadian money.

WHAT? No! Our dollar went up 1 cent today! Now 1 USD is only 1.31 cad...

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:12:26 »

Don't feel bad. As an American I'm forced to spend valuable keyboard moneys on things like firearms...and healthcare.

My boards:
More

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:38:19 »

Don't feel bad. As an American I'm forced to spend valuable keyboard moneys on things like firearms...and healthcare.

You win. I'm out of stereotypical jokes. And snappy comebacks.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #332 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 23:11:50 »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Part way through sending invoices I forgot to put a line for powder coating.

If you get two invoices, this is probably why.  I'm so sorry.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #333 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 23:32:06 »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Part way through sending invoices I forgot to put a line for powder coating.

If you get two invoices, this is probably why.  I'm so sorry.

You did better than me, I'd never be able to run a gb.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 23:44:27 »
Aaaand paid!

Let the alps roll!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #335 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 23:48:51 »
Received my invoice! Thanks for running this buy!
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2015, 06:27:09 by nickheller »

Offline Freetail

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 23:52:05 »
Paid :) Starting to feel the hype

Offline theginginator

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 23:54:17 »
Paid  :thumb:

Offline SJHL

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:00:31 »
Paid. Thank you!

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #339 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:00:58 »
Blue I sent you a PM. I botched my order and got invoiced for extra stuff. Totally my fault.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:06:35 »
Invoices sent to everyone.

With that minor hiccup and the fact that I am suddenly responsible for so much money combined with the fact that I have literally been perfecting the spreadsheet for 12 hours straight.... I'm done for the night.  I'm going to go ride out this panic attack under a blanket with some shoegaze.

If you have issues with your orders or questions, PM me and I get to it tomorrow.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #341 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:26:44 »
Invoices sent to everyone.

With that minor hiccup and the fact that I am suddenly responsible for so much money combined with the fact that I have literally been perfecting the spreadsheet for 12 hours straight.... I'm done for the night.  I'm going to go ride out this panic attack under a blanket with some shoegaze.

If you have issues with your orders or questions, PM me and I get to it tomorrow.

What is the due date for payment? I thought i would get the invoice after i get paid on friday
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline ika

« Reply #342 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:52:22 »
paypal is jacked up :( I'll have to pay another day

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #343 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 02:20:26 »
Invoice payed  :)
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Tyr

« Reply #344 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 03:30:04 »

I tried that with a plate I got from LeandreN for a hand wired build in the generic Taobao plastic case, washers didn't work for me. What I ended up doing is getting brass standoffs, surrounding them with nylon spacers so the plate could rest on them (I needed to cut down the center one a bit to fit between the switches) and then use a short screw with a very broad head to hold the plate in place. The broad screws peek out a bit at the sides, but it's not to bad.

I'm at work so I don't have pictures, but here's the stuff I used:
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Threaded-Metric-M2-Brass-Male-Female-Standoff-Spacer-Length-3mm-25mm-/191582241494?var=&hash=item0
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/50x-10mm-Nylon-Round-Spacer-OD-7mm-ID-3-2mm-for-M3-Screws-Plastic-/130698223554?hash=item1e6e389fc2
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/M2-x-2mm-Phillips-Flat-Head-Screw-Nickel-Plated-/201372215370?var=&hash=item0

Offline atectatifern

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 04:54:51 »
Paid!

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #346 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 04:56:20 »
While I'm sure Blue appreciates that you've paid what you told him you would, it might not be as useful information to the other people in this thread, so how about we keep the spam to a minimum?

Offline atectatifern

« Reply #347 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 04:59:33 »
Are you a mod? if not, how about you p*ss up a rope?

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #348 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 05:11:45 »
Please supply rope, and I shall do my upmost.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #349 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 05:12:48 »
edit - nevamind got my invoice looks fine to me.

tofgerl chill out homey!!!
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2015, 05:39:15 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace