Author Topic: Disappointment Thread  (Read 9736 times)

Offline 127001

Disappointment Thread
« on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 18:06:50 »
There are loads of threads on this forum all about the things that we've acquired that we've fallen madly in love with. While it's all well and good to support the ridiculous habit we all indulge in with praise and adoration, I thought it might be worth starting a thread dedicated entirely to disappointment. Why? Because the world is too happy.

I shall start:

SmartNav 4 EG

When I first heard of the SmartNav I looked upon it with awe and desire. It's hands free interface seem to me to be the perfect melding of man and machine. If I owned this device I would be forever changed... I would be able to be part of the computer. My will would be enacted effortlessly as dead people in fps games. I would surf the internet like none who came before me. I would transcend...

But then I got it:

I can not begin to describe the range of disappointment that I felt after I received this device. First, I was shocked to discover that while I could move a cursor on the screen with my hand, using my head required a degree of dedication and subtlety that I was very incapable of. As I swung my head side-to-side, up-and-down I was disappointed to find that trying to look at the screen again only moved the cursor yet again... I quickly discovered that I was not Leeroy Jenkins but rather Some-Derpy-7-Year-Old-On-His-Fathers-Steam-Account when playing any FPS. I found that getting to the navigation bar was not an effortless expression of desire but rather an endless exercise in futility.

Lastly... to my great dismay... I discovered that I was not the perfect melding of man an machine... I was a lazy fatty using the computer badly.

That's my story of disappointment. Share yours! :D

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Disappointment Thread
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 18:23:05 »
Buckling spring and MX Clears/ergo clears, I really don't understand the hype. Buckling spring is a heavier, less tactile MX Blue, stock clears are incredibly fatiguing, and ergo clears feel sticky (they might be okay with lube, haven't had the opportunity to try that).

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 18:27:24 »
Buckling spring and MX Clears/ergo clears, I really don't understand the hype. Buckling spring is a heavier, less tactile MX Blue, stock clears are incredibly fatiguing, and ergo clears feel sticky (they might be okay with lube, haven't had the opportunity to try that).

BLASPHEMY!  The bukling spring is amazing.  It is the pinacle of keyswitch technology.  How can you say that?
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 18:37:45 »
Topre.

Yep.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 19:47:49 »

BLASPHEMY!  The bukling spring is amazing.  It is the pinacle of keyswitch technology.  How can you say that?

i just ain't feelin it man

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 19:56:54 »
Buckling spring and MX Clears/ergo clears, I really don't understand the hype.

Clearly you are hysterical and don't know what you're saying. Down this cocaine infused liquid codeine cola and let these leeches rest upon your neck as I drain your humors, and you'll be making sense again in no time.

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:08:27 »
Oh man, don't get me started.
Bought a inflatable swimming pool when my brother and I were younger to have in our garden.
Two happy little boys finding out that the seemingly neck-deep pool on the picture on the box barely reached over our knees.
That **** is cruel.

My dreams also comes to mind when thinking of dissapointments.
Had a lot of really awesome dreams were I was a pokemon trainer, pro football player (not eggball), had superpowers etc.
They all ended abruptly by me waking up, realizing that the closest thing I will get to any of those are in videogames :/
Think I should have been a lot more emo when I was a kid come to think of it.
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:26:46 »
I get disappointed with scotches. My local store has a big selection of rare drams due to Microsoft big wigs and international clientele coming through town, and they have so may I've never tried that the adventurer in me always wants to get something untested or unseen which sometimes leads to disappointment. Like 60/40 in terms of 'YAY AMAZING DISCOVERY' and 'this tastes like oily rubber and sea water'

Also, The Amazing Spiderman #300: first appearance of Venom. I don't collect comics anymore but have always loved Venom and the strives that Marvel took to capitalize on his popularity by turning a cannibalistic murderer into an anti-hero, so a while back I went out and bought issue #300 for almost $300 that sits in it's stupid CGC grading case where I can't touch or read it. I've grown to resent it over the past few years, sitting in a box somewhere being useless.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:34:40 »

He knows not what he just said.  He'll learn one day.  I had a couple false starts with the buckling spring, but now I am in love.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:40:52 by prdlm2009 »
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline 127001

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:37:44 »
I get disappointed with scotches.

Do you go for stuff that's more or less peaty? Either way if you can ever find it get some Edradour Cast Strength. It's spectacular with a bit of nice mineral water. Also made some good BBQ sauce with it (begin rage).

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:41:04 »
Leap Motion.

As far as I can tell:

* It does absolutely nothing unless you're willing to set up their stupid App Store.  The driver is, just that-- enough to convince the PC that a device is attached, not enough to convert it into, say, a virtual touchscreen.  Come on, some useful de minimis driver would not be unwelcome.

* Even if it had the support I'm looking for, the workable area it casts appears to be too small to encompass a typical-sized monitor, let alone a 27" goliath.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:46:27 »
Full-time jobs.  You all these things growing up about exciting careers, and then you find out every job gets real boring after awhile.  Or maybe that was just my hometown and college.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:55:38 »

Hahaha.... u are correct....

Never fall for hype....

Topre
MX-Clear
MX-BROWN..... (remember this?, and everyone DEMANDING IT)

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:58:28 »
Was browns that hyped? I really like browns lol
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:59:43 »

Never fall for hype....

Topre
MX-Clear

Hey! I like my brown switches. They're like reds except I make less mistakes.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 21:00:46 »
Was browns that hyped? I really like browns lol

YES! Let's start a MX brown club and rebel against TP4  :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 21:02:08 »

Never fall for hype....

Topre
MX-Clear

Hey! I like my brown switches. They're like reds except I make less mistakes.

I did no disrespect brown mx...

Just awarezing ya'll peeps ghenst hype

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 21:21:36 »

I agree with you there. Seems like the average consumer purchases items just based on hype or advertising with little real background knowledge on what they are purchasing. While it's not necessarily wrong, I believe being a informed consumer is very important.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 21:38:32 »

I agree with you there. Seems like the average consumer purchases items just based on hype or advertising with little real background knowledge on what they are purchasing. While it's not necessarily wrong, I believe being a informed consumer is very important.

Well, they've gotta base their purchase on something, and with keyswitches it's hard to base it on anything other than hype, specially for those outside of the US where board tours are rare.

Also, I can't say I've seen much hype for browns, most opinions I've seen on browns(at least the positive ones) have been that browns are ok switches, safe bet for a first board, nowhere near the hype levels seen for reds when they were rare, or clears.

Offline mr_schnrub

• Click Click Doin the Click
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 03:49:41 »
Disappointed in - peoples disappointment of Buckling Springs!  :p
4 x IBM 1391401 | IBM 1390120 | IBM SSK 1397681 | Unicomp UB4041A

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 03:53:39 »
Full-time jobs.  You all these things growing up about exciting careers, and then you find out every job gets real boring after awhile.  Or maybe that was just my hometown and college.

As an adult the key to existence is doing something that pays well but never threatens your lifestyle or aspirations.  Always have something else to do after work.  Don't live for your crummy job because I've seen people lose their minds and happiness over some lousy paying job that was mind numbingly boring.

I got my job by shear luck and I'm still doing it after 16 years now.  It's very easy to do and you find other ways to amuse yourself in those long hours between shifts.

The key to finding something that stops you going insane is enjoy the little things that come your way.  That's it, my only key to living thus far on this planet, especially here in Convict Town  :thumb: .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 04:43:24 »

Well, they've gotta base their purchase on something, and with keyswitches it's hard to base it on anything other than hype, specially for those outside of the US where board tours are rare.

Also, I can't say I've seen much hype for browns, most opinions I've seen on browns(at least the positive ones) have been that browns are ok switches, safe bet for a first board, nowhere near the hype levels seen for reds when they were rare, or clears.

There was lottttta hype back 1.5 year...... there was really only blues on the circuit... then red was hawt,, and then people were all like OMG BROWn... wtf... bbqqq...

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 04:44:36 »
Signature plastics caps. Was sooo amped to get my hands on a Klaxon set but by the time it arrived I'd been spoiled by GMK caps. Damn shame, they look so pretty on my Filco!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 04:52:02 »

There was lottttta hype back 1.5 year...... there was really only blues on the circuit... then red was hawt,, and then people were all like OMG BROWn... wtf... bbqqq...

Gotta agree with TP here. Browns were all the rage before easily available clears for ergo clears and Korean kustoms.

When I first got into mech boards I was like, "zomg, browns are for me". Even my roommate thought that. Ended up not trying them till my 3rd or 4th board, and disappointment sums it up. Roommate felt the same way.

Offline iri

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 04:54:34 »
buckling spring
ergo clears
topre
^ these three are absolutely subjective. objective things are like:
c
c++
java
php
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 05:05:34 »
buckling spring
ergo clears
topre
c
c++
java
php

JAVA AND ERGO CLEARS FOR LIFE SON!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 06:13:03 »
buckling spring
ergo clears
topre
c
c++
java
php

B1t(4  plz...

C++
Any switch
EgDX

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 06:21:35 »
Aluminum space bar....I wanted to love it but it was that hallow sound like there was no soul, and it held on so tight it didn't want to let go, it felt foreign like corn flakes on a beach, almost it was just a piece of metal.....
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2013, 06:27:44 by SpAmRaY »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 06:26:08 »
Aluminum space bar....I wanted to love it but it was that hallow sound like there was no soul, and it held on so tight it didn't want to let go almost it was just a piece of metal.....

LOL.. what did you "expect" it would sound like.

Offline iri

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 06:32:07 »
buckling spring
ergo clears
topre
c
c++
java
php

java for life -- yes, but no fun
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 07:04:02 »
buckling spring
ergo clears
topre
c
c++
java
php

Haha yeah I'm still in the honeymoon period, learning new stuff every week so I love programming in Java.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 07:12:22 »
MX Browns. Was very disappointed by them. A very sad excuse for a "tactile" switch...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 07:17:48 »
MX Browns. Was very disappointed by them. A very sad excuse for a "tactile" switch...

^^ this 1000x, especially after using clears....

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 07:20:57 »

^^ this 1000x, especially after using clears....

Yeah i'm on my Filco with browns at the moment and it makes me miss my Pure with clears so much.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 08:40:45 »
I was very disappointed in Mac OS X when I saw that it was a complete and utter piece of garbage.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 08:41:54 »
I was disappointed by Internet Explorer 6.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 08:43:10 »

because it was much better than Google Chrome.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 08:44:39 »

That... makes no sense.

I do have IE6 on my work computer. I use it on occasion...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 08:45:36 »
AS/400 -_-
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 08:45:42 »

That... makes no sense.

I do have IE6 on my work computer. I use it on occasion...

Of course Google Chrome makes no sense. That's why you should use Internet Explorer 6!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 08:47:04 »
Honestly I was dissappointed in PBT, I think I just had hyped it up in my head that it would be dreamy to type on....

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 08:49:02 »
Honestly I was dissappointed in PBT, I think I just had hyped it up in my head that it would be dreamy to type on....

IMO the only benefit of PBT is that you can wash it in the dishwasher. Other than that, they feel the same to me...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:26:40 »
I was disappointed with ErgoDox PCBs from Massdrop. No holes for PCB-mounted stabilisers (other revisions of the PCB have them). No pin holes for 1u outer columns (bug!). Had to pay too much import tax on them. Thumb keys too far from main cluster.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:30:01 »
My brilliant friend told me, in middle school, set your expectations low, and you'll never be disappointed.

Wise words for a 12 year old. He isn't that pessimistic anymore haha.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:30:21 »
sennheiser hd650, so i returned them.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:32:33 »

:eek:

what didn't you like about them?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:47:15 »

i didn't think they were any better than my pc 350s. i also had an amp/dac.

it may have been the music i listen to, not the headphones themselves, but for me they weren't worth the money at all. they were also quite uncomfortable.
github

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:41:58 »
java
IT
my salary
mercedes
Shelley Lubben
the quantity of single and beautiful girls in the world (it's kinda sad that most of the cute girls I know are married - and yes, the ones that are not married are ugly - or they are ugly because they are not married?)
 :)
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:42:58 »
"freedom."
"adulthood."
"women."
"life."
"video games."
"God."

data usage caps?

Even disappointment is disappointing!

Not too disappointed w/ the g710+ though. It's very decent.
Logitech G710+

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:45:55 »
Nokian tyres..absolute ****e

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:48:22 »
LZ FE

Too short GB :(

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:48:31 »
"freedom."
"adulthood."
"women."
"life."
"video games."
"God."

data usage caps?

Even disappointment is disappointing!

Not too disappointed w/ the g710+ though. It's very decent.
women? Plural????
gosh
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:51:15 »
Clicky Switches, expected so much more  :(

Can't say i tried a topre board, but the single switch i tried wasn't too nice...then again i was hoping that i would hate it so  :blank: :blank:

All in all in my experience i haven't been disappointed with too much, so that's good  :thumb:

I did find all my loves quite early on

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 14:37:43 »
java
IT
my salary
mercedes
Shelley Lubben
the quantity of single and beautiful girls in the world (it's kinda sad that most of the cute girls I know are married - and yes, the ones that are not married are ugly - or they are ugly because they are not married?)
 :)

Clearly you're just taking in too much Electronic media...  The "average" beauty score is much lower than the "window" which you're used to looking through....

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 15:36:35 »

this disappoints me, I wanted to visit Brazil one of these days

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 16:03:39 »

i didn't think they were any better than my pc 350s. i also had an amp/dac.

it may have been the music i listen to, not the headphones themselves, but for me they weren't worth the money at all. they were also quite uncomfortable.

Those must be some damn good headphones considering the HD600/650 are consistently rated as the best headphones under $500.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 16:09:37 »
Those must be some damn good headphones considering the HD600/650 are consistently rated as the best headphones under $500.
They sounded a little better, but not worth the couple hundred I spent on them + the DAC + the amp. Again, it may have something to do with the music I generally listen to. Idk, I've generally been disappointed when putting money into audio. I've always thought it to be a placebo beyond a certain point. I'm perfectly happy with my cheap ass PC350s, NAD 3130 and monitor audio R252s.
github

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 07:42:05 »

this disappoints me, I wanted to visit Brazil one of these days
I'm generalizing - it's not an Brazil specific issue.
If you are looking for exotic girls you will love Brazil 8-)

Offline iri

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 09:32:19 »
realforce's pbt is dreamy to type on.

buckling spring
ergo clears
topre
c
c++
java
php

Haha yeah I'm still in the honeymoon period, learning new stuff every week so I love programming in Java.
sometimes i envy the likes of you. you have so much yet to discover...

-Ray Bradbury

Offline dante

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 09:59:15 »
A vendor at a local Model Railroading flea market was selling a Zenith vendor/repair shop plaque for xx amount of years of service.  It looked really cool and geeky :)  I wasn't sure if I wanted it or not and kept continuing on visiting all the vendors.

By time I made it back it was gone.  I know it sounds silly but I am disappointed I never picked it up.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 12:04:42 »
I am so disappointed I forgot my lunch at home.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 12:05:21 »

That's not good!

Offline rao2100

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 13:03:06 »
I get disappointed with scotches. My local store has a big selection of rare drams due to Microsoft big wigs and international clientele coming through town, and they have so may I've never tried that the adventurer in me always wants to get something untested or unseen which sometimes leads to disappointment. Like 60/40 in terms of 'YAY AMAZING DISCOVERY' and 'this tastes like oily rubber and sea water'

Also, The Amazing Spiderman #300: first appearance of Venom. I don't collect comics anymore but have always loved Venom and the strives that Marvel took to capitalize on his popularity by turning a cannibalistic murderer into an anti-hero, so a while back I went out and bought issue #300 for almost $300 that sits in it's stupid CGC grading case where I can't touch or read it. I've grown to resent it over the past few years, sitting in a box somewhere being useless.

What is your favorite scotch?
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 14:18:14 »
Like the op, I was really, really disappointed by the smartnav. It's box has been gathering dust for a long time now.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 14:45:59 »

what was in it?

microwave noodle bowl

Offline epiphany

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 20:01:39 »
Not sure why, but microwave noodle bowls are never disappointing to me even though I feel like they should be. Sorry you left it at home!

The biggest disappointment that I can think of like that was in college when a friend and I found Moonpies in a store and reminisced that we had both loved them as kids. We ended up buying a couple and eating them and realizing that our childhood tastebuds were totally off the mark. From that point on we referred to things that we used to love, but that turn out to be disappointments as "Moonpies".

On a less off topic note, I went to Microcenter today to try MX blue and brown switches - expecting to really like the blues (I've been either typing on a Model M or Cherry blacks). I was totally underwhelmed. I think starting with the IBM keyboards was bad. I want the feeling of the Model F on a modern keyboard. I'm even thinking about picking up a different mouse or a separate key pad to map the missing mac/windows keys to and then getting a Teensy so that I can get this old Model F XT keyboard I have lying around to work.

If someone were to make a modern keyboard with the model F switches I'd buy it at just about any price.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 21:22:36 »

what was in it?

microwave noodle bowl

I thought you had the whole wife thing.. she no make you sammich?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 21:28:18 »
I'm pretty disappointed in my novices.

Also that congress actually did something. They passed this bill, and now my affirmative for policy debate can't be run anymore :(

Agh

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 22:07:53 »

what was in it?

microwave noodle bowl

I thought you had the whole wife thing.. she no make you sammich?
Show Image

Haha yeah right lol

She probably would but I'm really picky and sandwiches get old.

On topic I'm really disappointed the new dishwasher leaked a good bit underneath the kitchen laminate flooring :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 October 2013, 22:10:42 by SpAmRaY »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 22:55:13 »
my life choices disappoint me
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:05:24 »

story of my life. kill me now :))

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:15:10 »

I'll sign under that too.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:21:32 »

Don't live in the past. Today is a new day. Make the change.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:24:28 »

Don't live in the past. Today is a new day. Make the change.

That sounds like a sure way to disappointment upon later reflection :)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:27:54 »

What is your favorite scotch?

Dalwhinnie 15 at the moment

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:29:26 »
aim low i always say. have no faith in people. you can't be let down. because every interaction is either what you expected (let down) or something good.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.