Author Topic: [IC] GMK. WOB & BOW. NORDEUK++ EXT. ADD-ON KIT [UPDATE] GB PREP - 26.03.2019  (Read 47180 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: [IC] GMK WOB NORDEUK - ADD-ON KIT ( SURVEY ADDED / 30.01.2019 )
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 19:37:23 »

There are four keys that may be dropped off the set to save some bucks. While they are not redundant they may be replaced with other keys in the set:

4. Eliminate the number 2 and double quotes key. One more time there are three similar keys where any of the remaining similar keys may replace the one that has these two symbols only.

This may save around five dollars at 150 sets GMK pricing.
This key is used in ISO UK so I'm particularly keen on it staying in, would rather not have tertiary legends that make no sense for my layout.
Additionally, if this is over $5 I'm really not sure it's worth removing keys because some are "similar".

Previous offerings of similar international kits got very low demand. You want this being done even if it does not match what you need exactly than not been done at all. Personally, I would pay for the set as it is even when I may use half the keys, but most people do not buy it at all. Even in sets with huge demand like carbon, people did not buy the Norde kit, as a guy who is trying to sell the eight extra sets he bought just for the purpose to assure that MoQ was reached. Just my two cents. PD if thertiary legends are not included I do not need the set.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 02:36:41 »
It just seems counterintuitive to me to try and get more people by catering to less, that's all.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 11:13:26 »
Hey all!

Sorry, we just saw this. Our GMK WoB kit is coming shortly now and we totally missed this. We would be interested in somehow making this kit happen since UK and NOR would be a great addition! ANSI is already also planned now so we hope to get that in shortly after the ISO-DE one.

Maybe we could cut up some deal where we can mix this add on kit with our bases so people do not have to buy unnecessary caps?
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 11:26:04 »
Hey all!

Sorry, we just saw this. Our GMK WoB kit is coming shortly now and we totally missed this. We would be interested in somehow making this kit happen since UK and NOR would be a great addition! ANSI is already also planned now so we hope to get that in shortly after the ISO-DE one.

Maybe we could cut up some deal where we can mix this add on kit with our bases so people do not have to buy unnecessary caps?
But then that would screw over people who just want the add-on.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 11:38:53 »
Hey all!

I'm guessing having a vendor onboard would always help a kit like this. I'm saying this without knowing the result of the poll though.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 12:52:58 »
Hey all!

Oh that is not what we meant like that, as in we would want to help the add-on so customers can get the add-on or also get a full kit.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 12:59:01 »
Hey all!

Oh that is not what we meant like that, as in we would want to help the add-on so customers can get the add-on or also get a full kit.

Gotcha. My apologies.
Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 14:17:35 »
As long as the add-on kit is available stand alone and optinally with a full set, a few more orders may get generated.

Offline vegs

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 06:55:52 »
Hey all!

Woo!

As long as the add-on kit is available stand alone and optinally with a full set, a few more orders may get generated.
Yes - that and they might be willing to buy several spots just to have some in stock :thumb:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..

There are four keys that may be dropped off the set to save some bucks. While they are not redundant they may be replaced with other keys in the set:

1. Eliminate the acute and grave accents only key. There are three keys with acute and grave accents. Two of them are the same but one has a pipe. The last one may replace the former and the key with accents only may be eliminated.

2. Eliminate the greater than, less than symbols key. There are three keys with greater than, less than symbols where the one with symbols only may be eliminated, because this may be easily replaced with any of the two remaining keys, with pipe or backslash.

3. Eliminate the question mark and plus sign key. Again, there are two keys that are very similar. The key with the backslash may replace that with only question mark and plus sign.

4. Eliminate the number 2 and double quotes key. One more time there are three similar keys where any of the remaining similar keys may replace the one that has these two symbols only.

This may save around five dollars at 150 sets GMK princing.

I am double checking everything to make sure that no "stupid" double keys will be there.

This key is used in ISO UK so I'm particularly keen on it staying in, would rather not have tertiary legends that make no sense for my layout.
Additionally, if this is over $5 I'm really not sure it's worth removing keys because some are "similar".

Dont worry, the key is important and will stay in the kit. 

Previous offerings of similar international kits got very low demand. You want this being done even if it does not match what you need exactly than not been done at all. Personally, I would pay for the set as it is even when I may use half the keys, but most people do not buy it at all. Even in sets with huge demand like carbon, people did not buy the Norde kit, as a guy who is trying to sell the eight extra sets he bought just for the purpose to assure that MoQ was reached. Just my two cents. PD if thertiary legends are not included I do not need the set.

Hey are they still available?? I need a kit! :D

You've been saying it's good for a while,... What's next? Instead of all this anticipation, just get to the punchline!

Punchline is sooooon to be revealed...

(Attachment Link)

This whole being a hypeman is somewhat off-putting and tactless.

Sorry if it feels like that. It's not supposed to! I am currently waiting on renders and quote + making sure the keys are correct.

I am doing this complete non profit. And time cought up on me. I do think it was ok to have the IC hanging for a couple of weeks to get some more details and surveys in.

Let me know if I can help answering any other questions for now :)
It's good to take your time to ensure things turn out right. I surely hope they do, I can help by having friends and others support the project.

I look forward to the next updates. Thanks for your work and diligence

Your are welcome, will do my best! :)

Hey all!

Thanks for stopping by! please contact mykeyboard.eu as they will the vender for this group buy! I do hope we can come together and support each other here in the EU.

Hey all!

Woo!

Yes - that and they might be willing to buy several spots just to have some in stock :thumb:

That would be so ideal!  :cool:
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 March 2019, 13:18:13 by RETURNISO »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
There are some Carbon's international kits by Slom still available.

Offline RETURNISO

There are some Carbon's international kits by Slom still available.

Awesome, will reach out to him  :-*

Offline RETURNISO

Re: [IC] GMK WoB NorDeUK Kit
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 20:45:45 »
Would be interested even if located out here in the US

I am actually gonna have a US proxy :) 

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 20:51:49 »
Would be interested even if located out here in the US

I am actually gonna have a US proxy :)

I like where this is going. :)

Collection

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
You should open threads at DT and MK, if you do not have them yet.

Offline RETURNISO

You should open threads at DT and MK, if you do not have them yet.

Coming up today! I rubbed out and rolled over yesterday night..  The bbcode wasn't the same  :confused:

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
Definitely in for BoW if it happens - joined Minimal and hoping to use this with.  :)

Offline RETURNISO

Definitely in for BoW if it happens - joined Minimal and hoping to use this with.  :)

COOL :thumb: I am joining minimal too ofc hehehe, Almost ready with the next update :)

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 14:54:40 »
great! also interested in the ISO-PT (Portuguese)

here's what is needed:
Show Image

For not that much of an extra effort, the Spanish (Latin America) layout could be added to this as well.

I think that, just as there's the NORDEUK set, ESLAPTIT or even FRESLAPTIT could be a thing.

Offline KeyCap75

Hopefully BoW makes it to GB...just bought a Minimal kit!
Stoked!  ;D

Offline D0oms_Ninth_Cat

Just hopped onto the Minimal train.
Hope BoW is happening!

Offline b4d_tR1p

pls do it, my old friends needs italian pack for gmk set

please please please  :thumb:

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/CC d-(--)>---x s:-(--)>--- a C++++(++++)>++ UBLC++++(+++)$>++ P++ L+++++(+++++)>+++++ E---(---)>--- W+++(+++)>+++ N+++ o++ K-- w O M++ !V- PS+++(+++)>+++ PE+++(+++)>+++ Y+++(+++)>+++ PGP++ t+ 5 X+ R tv- b++ DI++++ D+++ G++++ e+++ h- r++ y+++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Offline RETURNISO

Hopefully BoW makes it to GB...just bought a Minimal kit!
Stoked!  ;D

BoW will be in the GB! its just timing that its hard with minimal ending soon. I am hoping we can push the minimal gb deadline with mykeyboard.eu

great! also interested in the ISO-PT (Portuguese)

here's what is needed:
Show Image

For not that much of an extra effort, the Spanish (Latin America) layout could be added to this as well.

I think that, just as there's the NORDEUK set, ESLAPTIT or even FRESLAPTIT could be a thing.

I am reworking the kit, i got most request for Portuguese. planning to include it.

pls do it, my old friends needs italian pack for gmk set

please please please  :thumb:

I have done extended work with most of the languages, so it will be easier for other people to make a GB.

Its gonna be tough to include all 3 IT, PT, SP in NORDEUK, as its almost the same amount of keys combined. I am almost done with the new KLE.   

Just hopped onto the Minimal train.
Hope BoW is happening!

I will be in the GB ;)

Offline DJSwayde

Wanting Spanish and Portuguese.

Collection

Offline RETURNISO

:) And if you could choose one fav?

Offline DJSwayde

Spanish.

Collection

Offline RETURNISO

Spanish.

:confused:  :))

Offline Prelim

Spanish.

Although there are some reasons why Portuguese is here favored over the Spanish (higher users demand and fewer caps needed), there is another major difference that should be pointed out... and that's the fact Cherry didn't ever produce Portuguese WoB caps, so there's no way to get those from Cherry boards. As for WoB Spanish caps, you can get them from G80-11908HRMES and other models:
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 March 2019, 14:00:04 by Prelim »
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline RETURNISO

Spanish.

If i add support for Spanish, then it would also make sense to add support for Italian, but its rough 15-18 keys more then. I have cut some "double" keys and removed AZERTY as it dont really makes sense with just the alphas. so instead the closet next layout is Portuguese.

Check the Keyboard layout editor ( KLE ) LINK V.3 Extended ( WORK IN PROGRESS / 03.23.19 ) -  as i have been working on a complete overview :confused:
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 March 2019, 19:02:03 by RETURNISO »

Offline DJSwayde

Spanish.

If i add support for Spanish, then it would also make sense to add support for Italian, but its rough 15-18 keys more then. I have cut some "double" keys and removed AZERTY as it dont really makes sense with just the alphas. so instead the closet next layout is Portuguese.

Check the Keyboard layout editor ( KLE ) LINK V.3 Extended ( WORK IN PROGRESS / 03.23.19 ) -  as i have been working on a complete overview :confused:

Oof, if that is the case I am fine without the Spanish tbh. This is going to be a lot of keys already.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 March 2019, 23:45:21 by DJSwayde »

Collection

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
What is the estimated pricing at 150?

Offline RETURNISO

What is the estimated pricing at 150?

I still haven't got price n moq possiblites back from GMK, only the early render of the kit. Hopefully gonna hear back next week. Gonna send out the updated kit Monday.

Offline RETURNISO

The updated kit looks like this:

[ LANG ] [ SUPPORT ] UK, ISL, NO, SE, FL, FO, DK, DE, PT.

215883-0

Any objections let me know :)

FOR PT, the only excluded key is the "4 $ §" please use the "4 $" from a base kit :)

215885-1

Edit.

Updated 1 error
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 March 2019, 10:34:54 by RETURNISO »

Offline dorf

• divine creator
Looking good!

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
Thought it was missing R4 |\, but on further research it looks like both WoB and Minimal come with those, so it looks good to me.  :)

Offline RETURNISO

Looking good!

Thought it was missing R4 |\, but on further research it looks like both WoB and Minimal come with those, so it looks good to me.  :)

COOL.

Plan is to kick this off next week!  :thumb:

Offline RETURNISO

The unified Iberoamerican set, just to frack with everyone.  :cool:

Haha, that gives me nightmares  :))

Offline depletedvespene

Once it's made into the new multinational standard, millions of those sets shall be produced. MOQs for the weirdest colourways you might think of will be met with ease. Spaniards and Portuguese will love us. Catalans will love us. Paraguayans will love us even more. Everyone in Iberoamerica will love us. Except, of course, for those who might have kept a healty stock of pre-unification cheap-ass keyboards. But you can't please everyone, I guess.  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline RETURNISO

Once it's made into the new multinational standard, millions of those sets shall be produced. MOQs for the weirdest colourways you might think of will be met with ease. Spaniards and Portuguese will love us. Catalans will love us. Paraguayans will love us even more. Everyone in Iberoamerica will love us. Except, of course, for those who might have kept a healty stock of pre-unification cheap-ass keyboards. But you can't please everyone, I guess.  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Well you CAN please everyone, just not in one go :), if you run Iberoamerica, I will pick up a set  :cool:

Offline depletedvespene

Well you CAN please everyone, just not in one go :), if you run Iberoamerica, I will pick up a set  :cool:

Wait until I post about it on DT... we should see whether the reception to the little thing I'm preparing is warm or what.  :D :D

Offline tronix_41

im out, missing some sublegends. glwgb!

Offline RETURNISO

Which ones?  :eek:

Offline tronix_41

Offline RETURNISO

Which ones?  :eek:

e €

<> |

I can include them, i was saving a few keys, and most people do not prefer the € on E..
and i personally think it doesn't matter with the \ | on "><"

but i dont want people to drop the kit just for those "keys"

215915-0

Yay or nay to add the 4 keys back to the set? let me know!

then "final final" would look like this:
215919-1
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 March 2019, 17:35:46 by RETURNISO »

Offline Prelim

Also think "E €" is important, not so sure about the rest!
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Offline RETURNISO

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Cool. Still in. So far so good.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
Tempted to pick up another set of Minimal for mixing, which would mean another BOW kit of these :eek: ;D