Author Topic: Printer flickers backlight  (Read 1086 times)

Offline typo

Printer flickers backlight
« on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 18:55:37 »
As you know large laser printers draw huge power. I have no choice to put it on another electric branch. So when the printer runs the backlight on the keyboard flickers. The strange things is other USB items do not fail to operate. It does not matter if I plug the keyboard into the computer or even into a powered hub plugged into a battery backup. Since the backup with AVR is on the same branch. My question is if you guy's think this will shorten the life of the backlight? The printer is only used about an hour a month. If you think it will damage it, do you have a fix? Thank you

Offline Tactile

Re: Printer flickers backlight
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 09:41:49 »
I wouldn't expect the life of the backlight to be affected by this. As a fix you might try plugging the computer into a UPS, which should stabilize the voltage fed to the computer.
REΛLFORCE

Offline typo

Re: Printer flickers backlight
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 13:08:47 »
That is good news. Thank you. The computer is on a very good UPS but it is still happening. I can hear the UPS start clicking when the printer goes on. It is actually affecting the whole USB port but any of them. I cannot type while the printer is going. It does not affect other USB items though. Very odd. I was only concerned about the backlight. I think this keyboard might draw a lot of current.