Author Topic: [IC] Espresso Libre  (Read 6092 times)

Offline GreenUnicorn

[IC] Espresso Libre
« on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 10:50:47 »
I made a keyset design based on a color scheme called "Espresso Libre".

Profile: SA Sculpted
Colors: GTT, TAA, RCU, YCH, VBQ, BDG.

Keyboards:

Standard TKL

JD40 Keyboard

Planck Keyboard

All kits (Not done):
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 May 2015, 14:33:26 by GreenUnicorn »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [IC] Espresso Libre
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 11:55:05 »
This is nice! I like the subtle color variety in the mod legends.

What kind of layout compatibility are you thinking of?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline GreenUnicorn

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 12:40:37 »

Thanks for your reply.
Im designing kits for custom keyboards atm.
I will post them soon.

Offline Snarfangel

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 12:58:58 »

I like the different font colors myself, though I would probably prefer a larger size. I was thinking about something similar with shades of blue for the background keys and varying font colors by function, but this looks very attractive.

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 13:26:53 »
Presumably some of this comes from an attempt to combine penumbra's colored text with a more neutral palette. Keep in mind, though, that the penumbra color choices were deliberate - chosen specifically from the solarized colorway, which itself had very deliberately-chosen colors. To me, those infills look a little bright combined with your brown/beige. You may want to look at softer options, like the burgundy in the retro mods.

You also might want to wait until everyone's finished pouring their $$ into penumbra r2 and sa retro. :)

Offline GreenUnicorn

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 13:53:59 »
I like the different font colors myself, though I would probably prefer a larger size. I was thinking about something similar with shades of blue for the background keys and varying font colors by function, but this looks very attractive.
I still don't know what font I'm gonna use. This font is an placeholder.

Presumably some of this comes from an attempt to combine penumbra's colored text with a more neutral palette. Keep in mind, though, that the penumbra color choices were deliberate - chosen specifically from the solarized colorway, which itself had very deliberately-chosen colors. To me, those infills look a little bright combined with your brown/beige. You may want to look at softer options, like the burgundy in the retro mods.

You also might want to wait until everyone's finished pouring their $$ into penumbra r2 and sa retro. :)
The different colors are a test. I'm still playing with different colors.

Offline Snarfangel

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 14:46:56 »

Okay, this will break all of your rules  :)) but a combination of Penumbra

and Gravity

might be fun. I like the size and font shape on the Penumbra letter keys, and the foreground/background color of the Gravity letters (though maybe make the font even a bit darker, to match the background on Penumbra's modifiers. I would like a light shade of blue rather than beige for the background, though). For the modifiers, I like the font size of Gravity, but the color of Penumbra (foreground and background). What can I say, I like easy-to-read keys. :)

I like the idea of putting the punctuation on the right hand a different color than the letters, though probably darker than Gravity's version -- maybe midway between the background of the letters and that of the modifiers -- and perhaps make the letters/punctuation at the top the same color. I'd make the Ins/Del cluster a contrasting color like in Gravity, too, and use golden arrows (like from a Wyse keyboard) rather than words.

Then again, I have never been known for either my artistic ability or fashion sense, so that may look hideous. Still, I'd like to try it out at least once. :)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 18:27:17 »
I'll definitely buy a set when this drops, you should add 1800 compatibility and a numpad.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 21:17:40 »
I'll definitely buy a set when this drops, you should add 1800 compatibility and a numpad.

Too fvckin' right, add the 1800 compat and numpad, then we'll have something nice to add in our keyboards  :thumb: .

Offline GreenUnicorn

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 12:10:53 »
Too fvckin' right, add the 1800 compat and numpad, then we'll have something nice to add in our keyboards  :thumb: .
I'm designing the kits for the 1800 compat and numpad atm.
I'll post them as soon as possible.

Offline Vizir

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 08:57:27 »

this!

Offline villainocity

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 14:48:39 »
As others said, you might have better luck if you wait a bit, but this is great. I love those legends.

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 15:46:04 »

I still don't know what font I'm gonna use. This font is an placeholder.

Actually, if you're using SP, you don't have much of a choice. There's Gorton Modified writ suffering-from-cataracts-size if in the center, very large but smaller if in the upper-left corner, or very small if using their "text" size, like "ESC". Or some ugly typeface alternatives. Otherwise, everything is a custom icon.

Still, I like the colorway, minus the colored text. I suggested to Keypop they desaturate the colors in their Coffee set a bit for more of a "Latte" vibe. Nice to see that sort of style here.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2015, 14:06:37 by shrubkeys »

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 04:13:15 »
I made a keyset design based on a color scheme called "Espresso Libre".

Profile: SA Sculpted
Colors: GTT, TAA, RCU, YCH, VBQ, BDG.

Keyboards:
Show Image

Standard TKL

Show Image

JD40 Keyboard

Show Image

Planck Keyboard

All kits (Not done):
Show Image

I really like it! Why no 10 key?

Offline xerxes

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 08:36:15 »
...Nordic keys :)?

Offline GreenUnicorn

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 11:57:22 »
I really like it! Why no 10 key?
I'm not done with this set. A month after SA Retro I will complete this set.

...Nordic keys :)?
If enough people want this I'm gonna add it to the set after the pause.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 18:19:11 »
Reminds me of the coffee set with penumbra text-colored modifiers.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 00:34:02 »
I'd buy this !!
I want clacks

Offline just66in

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 19:34:18 »
Great job. Will definitely get this in SA!

Offline spectre

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 21:38:28 »
Really nice combination! I want this kit. Just one thing, the last row on the planck kit should be R3, not R4, right?