Author Topic: My Customized z150! (There are many others like it, but this one is mine.)  (Read 1844 times)

Offline TypeSaucy

• meign
See how I transformed this:
265539-0

Into this:
265541-1
There are many others like it, but this one...
This one is mine.

Here's my build log album, with it's own set of comments! Type Test at the end too!
https://imgur.com/gallery/zB2vSjx

Thank you for your time!

~TypeSaucy

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Damn! One hell of a restoration job there man! I can't say I would've used those lovely SKCM browns for such a project, but to each their own. Awesome job, enjoy using that beast of a board! :thumb:

Offline TypeSaucy

• meign
Thank you for the feeeback!
I can understand why some people wouldn't want to use these for the z150 as the board was originally made with linears, let alone light-weighing switches.

Offline darzzy

Wow great work! I never thought the keeb could be restored as well as it was  :thumb:

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Very impressive taking a board this beaten up and to restore it. I wouldn't even dare to try  :-[
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Nice keycap I wish i had money for crp r4 so i could have bought cherry profile keycap that look like that
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline thefarside

Great job! That’s a helluva restoration!

Offline Maledicted

Awesome work. I may need to do something similar. I have a few beat-to-hell Zeniths kicking around as well.

Offline TypeSaucy

• meign
Awesome work. I may need to do something similar. I have a few beat-to-hell Zeniths kicking around as well.

Now that you mentioned it, I've already moved forward with restoring a ZKB2.
It mostly consists of restoring the switches and mounting plate, but the switches are tons of work.

Cheers, king.