Author Topic: [IC] GMK. WOB & BOW. NORDEUK++ EXT. ADD-ON KIT [UPDATE] GB PREP - 26.03.2019  (Read 46972 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [IC] GMK WOB NORDEUK - ADD-ON KIT ( SURVEY ADDED / 30.01.2019 )
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 15:47:52 »
we've been down this road before

ISO HAS RETURNED ;)

last time this was ran it got 35 orders and most of them came from dt

glwgb

The same sentiment here. However, we should give the benefit of the doubth to those that want to try it one more time.

if it works, more power to you
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 12:23:00 »
What we really need for WoB is another round of icon mod kits! :D

*R5 mods
Adding a child kit for this to the GB for NordeUK would be getting two birds with one stone tbh

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 13:36:40 »

A reality check: Postmorten data on Krakob´s attempt at a NorDeUK set back in 2017.

Order progress: 47/150.

Adding key caps to the set might be a disservice.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 13:38:31 »
Separate kit for the mods imo

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 13:42:09 »
Are you really that naive? or are you just a super-extra-optimist?  :thumb:

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 14:40:00 »

Optimistic*

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 15:07:18 »

*R5 mods
Adding a child kit for this to the GB for NordeUK would be getting two birds with one stone tbh

ISO HAS RETURNED ;)

glwgb

The same sentiment here. However, we should give the benefit of the doubth to those that want to try it one more time.

A reality check: Postmorten data on Krakob´s attempt at a NorDeUK set back in 2017.

Let's not worry gent's! I am optimistic too, and this is diff then the previous. More WoB are available to purchase and further sets are being developed, it's easier to get your hands on and build the specific set that your heart desires.

I got 40+ in the survey as of now. The IC have been up for a small week. I am confident we can succed.

Will update the IC soon so we can proceed ASAP.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 17:15:04 »

Offline RETURNISO

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 02:06:14 »

*R5 mods

ISO HAS RETURNED ;)

glwgb

Let's not worry gent's! I am optimistic too, and this is diff then the previous. More WoB are available to purchase and further sets are being developed, it's easier to get your hands on and build the specific set that your heart desires.

I got 40+ in the survey as of now. The IC have been up for a small week. I am confident we can succed.

Will update the IC soon so we can proceed ASAP.

I also have a good feeling about this. Let's not forget that the set that Krakob tried with did'nt have tertiary legends and others where replaced with generic ones as he wanted to keep it as cheap as possible. So by having a "full" NORDEUK set with all the correct legends will help this set towards success.
If combined with an adapter set it might draw more attention to the NORDEUK set but what do I know.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 20:38:35 »
I really want this to happen. Hoping that we small hord of old iso farts can make real noise and turn this set into reality. By all means, why the heck we cannot get a proper WoB compatibility kit that support some of the most common uncommoners Euro KB layouts?  :p

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 04:42:11 »
I really want this to happen. Hoping that we small hord of old iso farts can make real noise and turn this set into reality. By all means, why the heck we cannot get a proper WoB compatibility kit that support some of the most common uncommoners Euro KB layouts?  :p

Exactly my intention with this kit! ;D Its been a itchy brain scratch for years.. My forehead cant take anymore wall paint :p

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 16:00:15 »
I’m all for it! For once if it could include French AZERTY keys it would be even more awesome!

Offline skmn

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 07:26:23 »
I'm in, just filled out the survey :)

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 18:26:26 »
I’m all for it! For once if it could include French AZERTY keys it would be even more awesome!

Awesome!, crossing fingers i can make as many people happy as possible, we need this kit to come to life!! :)

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 18:27:20 »
I'm in, just filled out the survey :)

Thank you so much, it really helps!!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 February 2019, 19:17:48 by RETURNISO »

Offline tedk

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 00:15:27 »
whats the status? 150 is absolute minimum, right? or moq= 50 at higher cost?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 02:39:13 »
whats the status? 150 is absolute minimum, right? or moq= 50 at higher cost?
Yep 150 is absolute min

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 02:51:32 »
I just wanted to say all for giving this a shot but if it fails or has a horribly low outcome. I think its time for people to stop complaining about not having Nordeuk included in sets. Its time for people to put there money were there mouth is

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 04:39:15 »
I think its time for people to stop complaining about not having Nordeuk included in sets. Its time for people to put there money were there mouth is

This is a very good point of view.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 04:40:27 »
I just wanted to say all for giving this a shot but if it fails or has a horribly low outcome. I think its time for people to stop complaining about not having Nordeuk included in sets. Its time for people to put there money were there mouth is

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 06:09:57 »
STATUS

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 08:01:21 »

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 16:29:30 »

Nowdays GMK keys cost 0.5 eur each, if you buy a big set, so that should be the goal.
Also, it could be made much smaller by eliminating keys that are almost identical. I'm not sure that a german buyers wants a Q@ key, or that you REALLY need to differentiate between <>, <>! and such. I think that keys that differ only marginally, for the sub sub legend, should be canceled. Anyway this doesn't include italian so I'm not interested. BTW the popular color for running this set is OG beige like the 9009 set.
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 February 2019, 16:36:33 by _GMK_ »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 18:03:50 »

If you are not intersted there is no need for you to post. Actually, you should not post, is it called thread crapping. Read the GB rules that also apply to IC:

2) Threadcrapping: If you aren't interested in joining a group buy, STAY OUT OF THE GROUP BUY THREAD. This goes doubly so if you disagree with the way the buy is being run, the product being purchased, or have any other complaint not relevant to buying into the group buy. Repeat offenders put themselves in danger of moderator action.

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 19:24:16 »

If you are not intersted there is no need for you to post. Actually, you should not post, is it called thread crapping. Read the GB rules that also apply to IC:

2) Threadcrapping: If you aren't interested in joining a group buy, STAY OUT OF THE GROUP BUY THREAD. This goes doubly so if you disagree with the way the buy is being run, the product being purchased, or have any other complaint not relevant to buying into the group buy. Repeat offenders put themselves in danger of moderator action.

How am I going to express a sine qua non condition if I don't actually post what I want to say? Go censor yourself.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 20:36:51 »

How am I going to express a sine qua non condition if I don't actually post what I want to say? Go censor yourself.

You can express yourself all you need as long as you are actually  interested in joining the buy. You said that you are not interested because the set does not cover Italian, so what is the point in posting? I am confused.

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 23:37:43 »

You can express yourself all you need as long as you are actually  interested in joining the buy. You said that you are not interested because the set does not cover Italian, so what is the point in posting? I am confused.
As per the rules thread:

There is no mention of this rule applying to IC's, in fact, it is explicitly aimed at GB threads. Not sure where you got the idea that it also applied to IC's.
He would be interested in this set if it had IT key support, that is what he is saying. This is an IC, not a GB, people can voice whatever suggestions they have. I'm shocked at how dense some people can be.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 23:59:02 »

Perhaps you should delete your post then? Talking about others while doing the same thing is kinda ironic.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 14:13:48 »

Perhaps you should delete your post then? Talking about others while doing the same thing is kinda ironic.

Rules are rules and apply to all of us, no exception.

In my case. I am interested in the set and will join when it reaches the GB phase. Personally, I really prefer people doing comments even if they are not interested, but I did not make the rules.

Offline mnpq.raven

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 05:35:17 »

Nowdays GMK keys cost 0.5 eur each, if you buy a big set, so that should be the goal.

Doubtful but ok

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 10:26:08 »
I'm defiantly in!! Now just make sure the end result is as awesome as the renders, I want to text to really pop!! :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 08:40:39 »

Doubtful but ok

I thought that the kit deserves to have some nice renders.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 09:11:56 »

Doubtful but ok

;) Very soon!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 14:22:32 »

Doubtful but ok

;) Very soon!

Dope.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 14:49:15 »
Every time I see a thread update on this, I get my wallet out.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 14:51:37 »

Show Image

I share the sentiment. I really want this to reach GB phase and get enough supporters to be made.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 06:40:22 »
How are we doing on this? Result from survey?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 12:44:35 »

+1, I need this in my life.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 06:51:37 »

Results are actually really good, gonna post the results with the new update!

Show Image

Haha! Be ready!!

I share the sentiment. I really want this to reach GB phase and get enough supporters to be made.

Sorry for the stall, I am getting ready to jump back on it. I am gonna work on it tonight and hopefully bring it to GB ASAP

+1, I need this in my life.

+ 100 Mate, want this so bad haha

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 08:32:38 »
You've been saying it's good for a while,... What's next? Instead of all this anticipation, just get to the punchline!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 08:43:54 »
There is no other place to get this, make it happen.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 05:36:36 »
You've been saying it's good for a while,... What's next? Instead of all this anticipation, just get to the punchline!

Punchline is sooooon to be revealed...

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 07:42:58 »

(Attachment Link)

This whole being a hypeman is somewhat off-putting and tactless.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 07:49:28 »

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 07:51:50 »

(Attachment Link)

Sorry if it feels like that. It's not supposed to! I am currently waiting on renders and quote + making sure the keys are correct.

I am doing this complete non profit. And time cought up on me. I do think it was ok to have the IC hanging for a couple of weeks to get some more details and surveys in.

Let me know if I can help answering any other questions for now :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 March 2019, 07:54:21 by RETURNISO »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 07:56:24 »

(Attachment Link)

Sorry if it feels like that. It's not supposed to! I am currently waiting on renders and quote + making sure the keys are correct.

I am doing this complete non profit. And time cought up on me. I do think it was ok to have the IC hanging for a couple of weeks to get some more details and surveys in.

Let me know if I can help answering any other questions for now :)
It's good to take your time to ensure things turn out right. I surely hope they do, I can help by having friends and others support the project.

I look forward to the next updates. Thanks for your work and diligence

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 13:47:53 »

There are four keys that may be dropped off the set to save some bucks. While they are not redundant they may be replaced with other keys in the set:

1. Eliminate the acute and grave accents only key. There are three keys with acute and grave accents. Two of them are the same but one has a pipe. The last one may replace the former and the key with accents only may be eliminated.

2. Eliminate the greater than, less than symbols key. There are three keys with greater than, less than symbols where the one with symbols only may be eliminated, because this may be easily replaced with any of the two remaining keys, with pipe or backslash.

3. Eliminate the question mark and plus sign key. Again, there are two keys that are very similar. The key with the backslash may replace that with only question mark and plus sign.

4. Eliminate the number 2 and double quotes key. One more time there are three similar keys where any of the remaining similar keys may replace the one that has these two symbols only.

This may save around five dollars at 150 sets GMK princing.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 17:19:08 »

There are four keys that may be dropped off the set to save some bucks. While they are not redundant they may be replaced with other keys in the set:

4. Eliminate the number 2 and double quotes key. One more time there are three similar keys where any of the remaining similar keys may replace the one that has these two symbols only.

This may save around five dollars at 150 sets GMK pricing.
This key is used in ISO UK so I'm particularly keen on it staying in, would rather not have tertiary legends that make no sense for my layout.
Additionally, if this is over $5 I'm really not sure it's worth removing keys because some are "similar".