Author Topic: Aloha from Hawaii!  (Read 935 times)

Offline ShleepEZ

Aloha from Hawaii!
« on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 06:43:27 »
Hi everyone!

I decided to take my interest to the next level by joining this forum. I am an avid PC gamer and have been rocking a clacky Razer Blackwidow v2 (gross) for the past couple of years. I first found out about custom keyboards when I learned about Taeha building Tfue's keyboard. I thought that keyboard was really interesting and from there, went down the YouTube rabbit hole. My first custom keyboard building experience was around the time the NK65 EE edition came out. I was able to grab the Cartridge Gold model, and built it with:
  • Switches - YOK Holy Polar Pandas (Halo Clear Stem) lubed with Trybosys 3203
  • Keycaps - GMK Red Samurai from Drop
  • Stabilizers - Durock Plate Mount Stabs, lubed with Krytox 205g0
  • Stupidfish Plate Foam
I really like this keyboard and it was a great beginner keyboard to peak my interest in this hobby. My next two builds that I plan on building are a 75% board and a TKL board. For the 75% I am going with a Silver Idobao ID80v2, and will build it with Gateron v2 Blank Inks. For the TKL I am going with the Monstargear XO K80 PC, and will build it with C3 Tangerines that I got from r/MechMarket (learning about aftermarket pricing was great lol). Both of these builds and their parts are in the mail and I am very excited to build them!

I find the keyboard building process very methodical and therapeutical. I enjoy the idea of putting things together and taking them apart. I just recently graduated university with my Mechanical Engineering degree, so naturally I thought the idea of building "Mechanical" keyboards would be an acquired taste for someone like myself. After graduating I now have more free time on my hands, and custom keyboard was the perfect hobby to get into. Also planning on starting to enter Group Buys and slowly kill my wallet. But anyways, I'm looking forward to exploring this forum and will try to be as active as I can while learning more about custom keyboards!

TLDR; Hello fellow keyboard enthusiasts, goodbye money!