geekhack Community > Keyboards

My new old SMK-88 Keyboard

(1/2) > >>

ashort:
Typing on it now.  It's not the pile o' crap I was typing on but it's not nirvana either.  here is the unit, and the "old style" keyboard layout (which I like a lot):

All of my images are on my pics website.

Here are the black (you notice i didn't say 'blue"?) keyswitches:

The sticker underneath should look incredibly familiar and one reason I am very surprised at the black switches:

I've emailed Ergonomics Made Easy to see if they might rma this one for one with blue switches if they have one.  We'll see what happens.

Meantime, the plan is to keep this keyboard and replace it with a Tactile Pro 2 when they are avaialble.  

More on the SMK-88 soon.  I am a little ticked off...I could have had black switches in this keyboard much cheaper!  Checking fentek-ind.com now.

If I am stuck with this keyboard, it will be a nice addition on a yet-to-be-purchased Mac next year.

Whiskey in the Jar-o:
How much did you pay? Karl @ DSI quoted me 34.95 for an old-style with black switches (+ shipping of course).

Whiskey in the Jar-o:
Even though the Tactile Pro is aimed at the keyboard connoisseur, I feel that yesterday's styling (as of 1 month ago) may cost them customers. I guess when you are developing Apple accessories, it's hard to predict where Apple will go.

xsphat:

--- Quote from: Whiskey in the Jar-o ---How much did you pay? Karl @ DSI quoted me 34.95 for an old-style with black switches (+ shipping of course).
--- End quote ---

I ordered one as well, with black switches, for $34.99 + shipping. I would like the blue switches more, but I need a quieter keyboard for work.

ashort:

--- Quote from: Whiskey in the Jar-o ---How much did you pay? Karl @ DSI quoted me 34.95 for an old-style with black switches (+ shipping of course).
--- End quote ---

$89 plus shipping.  nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version