Author Topic: The start of a new obsession...  (Read 2588 times)

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
The start of a new obsession...
« on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 16:45:42 »
Hey guys! Newer member here and just wanted to introduce myself.  I have the same name over at Reddit (Att1cus) if you want to hit me up there. I just completed the first iteration of my key layout for my Ducky Legend (blue MX switches).  I'm not quite sure what to call it yet - maybe you guys could help me think of a name?  Pictures are below.  Anyways, hoping to become active in the artisan cap trading circles.  The recent BroCaps Cosmos and Low Sodium sales were my first attempts at getting some hand-made artisan caps - missed out this time but hopefully will get lucky in future raffles :)  I did have some amazing caps made by RaVNzCRoFT over at the K3YD shop on Shapeways - you can see the close-ups of them on the pictures below.  Here's hoping they're the first of may pleasant transactions in the MK community!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: The start of a new obsession...
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 10:45:39 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I name your board....att1cus' Ducky Legend :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:47:54 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I hope you're not disheartened by missing out on the recent Bro Caps sale.  For some people success doesn't come until after a dozen such sales.  Other people manage to get lucky on their first sale (I wish I knew how!).  Eventually you'll get your first Bro Cap (or Clack, or whichever one it is), and really see what all the fuss is about :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 08:53:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It took me quite a few tries to win any Bro Caps but stick around and you'll get one eventually!

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 10:32:17 »
Thanks for the welcomes, guys.  I know it's never easy getting your hands on a bro or a clak, but I have managed to get a few HKP caps that I'll probably look into trading when my post count allows me to post in the classifieds thread.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 21:52:15 »
Welcome. I saw your post over on reddit. Still can't figure out what the second cap is supposed to be.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 22:56:53 »
Welcome. I saw your post over on reddit. Still can't figure out what the second cap is supposed to be.

It's a logo for an organization in the anime Evangelion: http://wiki.evageeks.org/Nerv_Logo

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 06:16:55 »
Ahh.  Thank you.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 06:35:55 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:24:27 »
sup
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 02:39:29 »
Did you do the CAD drawings yourself or was that on shapeways already?

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 15:11:38 »
Did you do the CAD drawings yourself or was that on shapeways already?

I came up with the design and Ravnzcroft did the CAD drawing, then put it on his shapeways page for me (and others, if they want it) to buy.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 20:01:14 »
nm, u?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 20:29:40 »
Nice! It looks great.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 20:41:41 »
I HOPE YOUR NEW OBSESSION IS AN OBSESSION WITH WINDOWS. WINDOWS UTILIZES MORE INNOVATIVE FEATURES THAN ANY OTHER TECHNOLOGY IN THE WORLD. BE SURE TO USE YOUR KEYBOARD WISELY--ONLY HOOK IT UP TO A COMPUTER RUNNING WINDOWS!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS