Author Topic: Diablo II: Resurrected  (Read 34938 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Diablo II: Resurrected
« on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 16:46:49 »
I just saw announcement of Diablo II: Resurrected - rumours were correct then.

Will you guys play it? What do you think about it?
I played D2 millions of hours, would love to play it again. I played D3 but for some reason it felt different.
Lets hope D2R won't loose its climate.

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 17:32:34 »
Don't think Tp has the patience for this type of gameplay nowadays.  Grinding gear was all consuming

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 17:36:13 »
kinda worried about wrist injuries. if i do play you're never gonna see me again. i will try my best to not play so i can continue to live on peacefully.
I love Elzy

Offline phinix

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 18:03:36 »
kinda worried about wrist injuries. if i do play you're never gonna see me again. i will try my best to not play so i can continue to live on peacefully.

Dude, you have to play!
F*** wrists, in 20 years when we get old, they gonna come up with Minority Report kinda controllers - we won't be using mice and keyboards anymore. :p
So - lets give it a try when comes out :thumb:
Don't know but even D4 doesn't feel right, there s only hope in D2R.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 23:20:25 »
I'm a bit disappointed in the animation and graphics coming from one of the most profitable game companies on the planet. Almost looks like a mobile game I had to double check this was supposed to be console/pc. True to form though I suppose, but why does a game like Warhammer Total War have better animation than Blizzard? What do they spend their budgets on?

Offline micmil

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 17:05:37 »
What do they spend their budgets on?

Marketing. Whenever you heard a budget for a game, slice 40-60% off the top for the marketing team.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 11:01:17 »
Honestly, I've never played Diablo II. It came out before I was around. I may be interested if it wasn't for the fact that the money that would go into buying it would go to modern Blizzard, who I have some issues with supporting, personally. To be clear, I have no issue with other people's spending decisions, just saying I don't agree with quite a few things modern Blizzard has done, and I don't want to give them my money.

Offline micmil

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 17:23:08 »
Honestly, I've never played Diablo II. It came out before I was around. I may be interested if it wasn't for the fact that the money that would go into buying it would go to modern Blizzard, who I have some issues with supporting, personally. To be clear, I have no issue with other people's spending decisions, just saying I don't agree with quite a few things modern Blizzard has done, and I don't want to give them my money.

Path of Exile is better in every possible way. For that matter, so is Grim Dawn. I never really got on with D2.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 17:45:40 »
Path of Exile is better in every possible way. For that matter, so is Grim Dawn. I never really got on with D2.

I may try those at some point. Personally, though, my Diablo-like series of choice, when I get in the mood for them, is The Adventures of Van Helsing. Is it the most well-balanced? No. Is it the one with the strongest mechanics or story? No. But do I still love it for the characters, music, and lighthearted take on gothic horror? Abso-****in-lutely.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 19:09:07 »

Grim Dawn, Torchlight II, and PoE are all better Diablo II's than Diablo II but to be fair they have a couple decades of design improvements to work with.
I've got like 400+ hrs in Grim Dawn. Great game.

Offline micmil

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 19:33:30 »
Grim Dawn, Torchlight II, and PoE are all better Diablo II's than Diablo II but to be fair they have a couple decades of design improvements to work with.
I've got like 400+ hrs in Grim Dawn. Great game.

I think I only put like 40 hours into Grim Dawn. I kind of slowly went through the story mode once and that was enough to let me know it wasn't really my thing but it's a damn good game.

By way of contrast, I'm approaching 3,000 hours in PoE.

I may try those at some point. Personally, though, my Diablo-like series of choice, when I get in the mood for them, is The Adventures of Van Helsing. Is it the most well-balanced? No. Is it the one with the strongest mechanics or story? No. But do I still love it for the characters, music, and lighthearted take on gothic horror? Abso-****in-lutely.

Van Helsing's cool. I love how they kind of changed up the normal ARPG approach to the control scheme by actually having a control scheme.  :))

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 21:43:05 »
I loved Diablo 2 and played it so much back in the day. I'll definitely be playing this, but it kinda sucks that Blizzard is pricing this so high just because they know they can make bank off peoples' nostalgia.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 05:14:29 »
How are you guys so sure you can get into this.

Tp4 has tried multiple times to disregard the real world w/ diabro clones,  it hasn't taken but a few hours to quit each one.

Offline phinix

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 07:13:28 »

Tp4 has tried multiple times to disregard the real world w/ diabro clones,  it hasn't taken but a few hours to quit each one.

For me personally Diablo 2 was incredibly immersive game, it pulled me in, I could play for 15 hours straight.
For some reason it was boring with time, didn't fleel like grinding.
Diablo 3 was ok too, but not 100% same as second part. I finished D3 4 or 5 times to get to high level but that was it.
I tried last year to play different character but it didn't pull me in.

I hope D2R will:)
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 October 2021, 03:49:56 by phinix »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 09:32:49 »
I couldn't pull myself to get as into D3 as I was with D2, so this is hoping that they do it right and not pull a WC3 R mess.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 10:05:35 »
Yeah from what I hear, D2 was always more enjoyable than the mess that was D3 (at least at launch, didn't care to follow after that.). At this point, though, with all of the issues I have with Blizzard, I'd rather just play the original version of D2 after I get an older PC set up for older games like Quake, Unreal, and other 90's classics. Don't want to give that company any more of my money than I already have.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 16:37:27 »
I wonder how Blactivision are gonna micro-monetize a 21 year old game

Offline BeauxGnar

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 08:21:10 »

Agreed, of all the D clones I've played (just about all of them) only a few have drawn me in enough to even finish the game and the only ones I've actually enjoyed have been TitanQuest and Champions of Norrath/Return to Arms on a PS2 emulator.

Offline phinix

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 09:54:50 »
I remember playing Diablo clone game in 2000, cannot remember the title, one word...
There was a guy who was transferred from real world to fantasy and had to fight the way back...
Kinda simple but funny game, played hours of it till finished.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 March 2021, 05:56:44 by phinix »

Offline phinix

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 15:00:59 »
I remember playing Diablo clone game in 2000, cannot remember the title, one word...
There was a guy who was transferred from real world to fantasy and had to fight the way back...
Kinda simple but funny game, played hours of it till finished.

Nox!  :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 March 2021, 05:56:53 by phinix »

Offline cthalupa

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 02:25:38 »
I played many hundreds of hours of D2. My bots played many many thousands more.

It would be fun to play legit without the MF bots, maphack, etc. When I was younger I was able about the instant gratification, so I don't know that I ever really got a true representation of the game back in the day.

Offline Shorle

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 17:23:13 »
Regarding the remasters I actually bought SC1 remaster to support the making of remakes hoping for D2 to get one. I am glad I waited and then completely ignored WC3R but I think (=hope) Blizzard learned their part and so far D2R looks very promising. I spent a ton of my time after class grinding Baal in battle.net and hope to do so again.
Regarding PoE and GD being better, I guess there are a ton of people who will disagree.

Offline phinix

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 18:43:17 »
Just watched some of those alpha tests gameplays - it is sooo beautiful! :)

Offline DELLA KEY

• Formerly 'AFA STUDIO'
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 00:46:51 »
I want to feel my childhood feelings again! I will definitely play.

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
    • MY Keycap set - Transmutation
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 23:12:44 »
Yeah I think I'm kind of the same... Diablo and Diablo 2 have this very strong feeling of nostalgia for me so I'd like to just experience it again, even if it's for a moment in time. Even if it doesn't become my number one game or anything. That quiet acoustic guitar music just sends me.

Offline Foxxi

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 21:43:55 »
This is my favorite game. I think it's one of the best! :D

Offline blondie

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 10:29:45 »
Finally....Diablo 2 on console.

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 10:38:50 »
Looks like they really hit the nail on the head for this one by barely changing the game lol. Really enjoyed watching streamers play. Launch can't come soon enough.

Offline phinix

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 10:44:58 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 12:22:06 »
In typical Blizzard fashion they are taking something I have interest in and doing everything within their power to make sure I never buy this trash.

Offline phinix

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 02:42:17 »
In typical Blizzard fashion they are taking something I have interest in and doing everything within their power to make sure I never buy this trash.

Why? Gameplay looks amazing, its gonna be freaking cool to play it again.
You will be able to switch between new and old version with one button.
I can't wait. :D

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 14 August 2021, 17:52:07 »

Going back to February he’s been looking for reasons to hate it. I downloaded the preview last night and I loved it. I played the original when it came out 20+ years ago and the remaster feels just as good but looks a million times better.

Offline phinix

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 07:42:49 »
Yeah, I think it looks amazing, its gonna be sooo great to play it again, can't wait, one month to go:)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 12:01:43 »

Going back to February he’s been looking for reasons to hate it. I downloaded the preview last night and I loved it. I played the original when it came out 20+ years ago and the remaster feels just as good but looks a million times better.

Just making a single player game online required is enough to make me not want to buy it to support garbage decisions like that. Saves are stored server-side so have fun losing characters and having progression wiped all the time. No LAN or P2P support.

Offline phinix

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 04:03:42 »

Just making a single player game online required is enough to make me not want to buy it to support garbage decisions like that. Saves are stored server-side so have fun losing characters and having progression wiped all the time. No LAN or P2P support.

I thought it would be same as Diablo 3 - saves copied on you local drive and server account? No?

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 17:54:00 »

I thought it would be same as Diablo 3 - saves copied on you local drive and server account? No?

Diablo II Resurrected will support an offline mode where character data is stored locally and kept separate from the online mode. Again, he's just trying to find any excuse to hate the game no matter how uninformed those opinions are. He trashes D2R for not having an offline mode (even though it does) and praises PoE even though that game is exclusively online. There's no consistency to his criticisms. He's already decided that he hates it and is trying to find anything that can rationalize it.

Offline Hans_Luber

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 20:00:08 »
Having played the closed beta all I can say is that it is indeed Diablo 2. It's the same experience you should expect for nostalgia purposes. Two thing's that are a deal breaker for some need to be first and foremost though:

-TCP/IP is not in the game even though they promised it at one point. They backtracked and removed it for "security" reasons. So any online play will only happen on official servers.

-Ultrawide/SW support was nerfed even though it worked perfectly in Alpha. One or two people complained on the official forums about an unfair advantage in PvP and PvM speedrunning and instead of creating a toggle all support was removed and replaced with black bars. I am currently on the fence with this.

That being said the remaster is probably as good as it gets. It's Diablo 2 how you remembered it. Remember how good it looked back in the day? Then you go back to it and it looks like ass because, WOW, it's old. The remaster is extremely perfect. Doesn't look amazing for 2021, but it looks like Diablo 2 in your nostalgic imagination.

Offline phinix

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 03:08:27 »
Having played the closed beta all I can say is that it is indeed Diablo 2. It's the same experience you should expect for nostalgia purposes. Two thing's that are a deal breaker for some need to be first and foremost though:

-TCP/IP is not in the game even though they promised it at one point. They backtracked and removed it for "security" reasons. So any online play will only happen on official servers.

-Ultrawide/SW support was nerfed even though it worked perfectly in Alpha. One or two people complained on the official forums about an unfair advantage in PvP and PvM speedrunning and instead of creating a toggle all support was removed and replaced with black bars. I am currently on the fence with this.

That being said the remaster is probably as good as it gets. It's Diablo 2 how you remembered it. Remember how good it looked back in the day? Then you go back to it and it looks like ass because, WOW, it's old. The remaster is extremely perfect. Doesn't look amazing for 2021, but it looks like Diablo 2 in your nostalgic imagination.

Nice, that's exactly what I was after. Sounds great, one more month and I will dive in :)

Offline phinix

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 02:52:16 »
So... did you guys buy it? How is it??? :)
I'm really worried, if I buy it tonight, this weekend is gone...

Offline phinix

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 03:45:56 »
Well, I bought it and played few hours, looking great, keep switching to Legacy version and new all the time to see how it looked back in a day and can't believe it was so pixelised:)

I guess my live changed as I do not play it for 5 hours straight, few hours is enough and then I get bored. Old, just being old...

Offline phinix

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 03:47:45 »
Finished Act I last night, nice to play this again after 21 years:)

Love to switch to old graphics every new surraounding or level to see how it was back then. Very cool feature in all remastered games.

Offline phinix

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 03:55:53 »
I'm at work and barely can sit at the desk..
Played for 5 hours last night, need to get some sleep:)
I'm off next week, so I can imagine I will be playing more. Nice to see they kept this game very immersive and beautiful, same as old one.
Just got horadric cube last night, Act II, things gonna get interesting from now on:)

You guys not playing?

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 28 September 2022, 16:21:26 »
I did not realize this thread existed!

I just started playing this last week and can not stop. I have been playing D2 since launch.

The terror zones are so so fun in the newest update!

Offline phinix

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 13:14:16 »

I just started playing this last week and can not stop. I have been playing D2 since launch.

Terror zones? I need to check it out.

Graphics are great, but its so cool you can switch between new and old.
Love to see how I played it 20 years ago :)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 30 September 2022, 10:47:27 »

Terror zones? I need to check it out.

Graphics are great, but its so cool you can switch between new and old.
Love to see how I played it 20 years ago :)

Yeah the switching is awesome. I have played on and off for so long that I can not believe I dealt with those graphics. Think the last play through and grind was in 2018.

The Terror Zones are a new thing they did to make leveling and grinding more enjoyable. Every hour the Terror Zone changes. To find it, go to your way point and look for the location in purple. For each stage (normal, nightmare and hell) you have to had beat Baal. The monsters are like 2-3 levels above the player. When I hit a boss group, I can see my XP meter going up as I am killing them.

I am in Hell but a bit too squishy so I have been grinding Terror Zones in Nightmare to level up.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 15:54:30 »
Anyone going to start playing with the new ladder season tomorrow?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 11:41:33 »
I'm picking it up when I get home today, since it is on sale on Battle net for $20 USD - hard to pass that up for a great game, plus alot of the people I play Destiny 2 with want to roll together in D2:R.  So, I get the joy of leveling and grinding for drops/gear like I used to.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 16:15:32 »
I'm picking it up when I get home today, since it is on sale on Battle net for $20 USD - hard to pass that up for a great game, plus alot of the people I play Destiny 2 with want to roll together in D2:R.  So, I get the joy of leveling and grinding for drops/gear like I used to.

Man, it is so fun and nostalgic. I hop on, turn on Tool and just grind away. I am in a group on Discord for Ladder help. Going to try and play a bit tonight and then play as much as possible this weekend to get my sore to hell mode so I can grind for gear.