Author Topic: Leopold FC210TP Numpad geekhack.org 2/16/2015  (Read 2821 times)

Offline ikonomov

Leopold FC210TP Numpad geekhack.org 2/16/2015
« on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 21:25:52 »
I just want to give a quick review for anybody considering buying a Leopold FC210TP Numpad.

Key output codes
I ordered it from http://www.geekkeys.com/ on 2/16/2015 with Cherry MX Blue switches.  The date is important because some people here claim that newer batches come with an updated firmware that allows the keys to register the correct mapping for a number pad.  Sadly I would like to report that this is not the case.  I do not know when this particular numpad was manufactured, but the numbers act as the 5th row numbers.  When the "num lock" is off you get the regular 4 arrow keys plus the 6 key cluster.  The only keys that actually correspond with the keys on a regular number pad are +, -,*, \ and Enter.

Build quality
The case feels very sturdy, the USB cable is non-detachable, it has flip out feet with rubber on them and there is no unnecessary coating on the plastic that will rub off in time.  The keycaps are made of fairly thick PBT (not quite as thick as Vortex or Ducky PBTs, but not as thin as regular ABS keycaps) with printed legends on them.  They are quite textured on the face side, more than Vortex PBT keycaps.  The larger keys have Cherry stabilizers, which I'm happy to report are clipped and lubricated.  I'm not sure if this comes stock or if it was a modification done by geekkeys since the box that I received was not sealed.

Features
In addition to the regular numpad keys there are 4 extra keys.  It has a Low Speed USB interface that I checked with usbview.exe and works in 6KRO mode.  When I pluged it into a PS2 adapter the "num lock" is stuck on enabled, but otherwise the keys do register.

Edit:  I was able to return the numpad to geekkeys.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:01:06 by ikonomov »