Author Topic: Glorious PC Gaming Race Mouse Mat / Pad Review  (Read 2600 times)

Offline EthanNixon

• They Is Us
Glorious PC Gaming Race Mouse Mat / Pad Review
« on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 15:34:39 »
Hey again, I'm back! (Ran www.fragboss.com for those who are familiar)

This is a review of the various mouse pads from PCGamingRace.com, also known as Glorious PC Gaming Race. The review is featured on my new website, www.TheyIsUs.com.

Video Review:

Text Review:
http://www.theyisus.com/reviews/glorious-pc-gaming-race-mouse-mat-pad-review/

You can purchase these at:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_pc?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Glorious+PC+Gaming+Race&node=541966
http://www.pcgamingrace.com/

Text Review (without link):

Introduction

Everyone has heard of SteelSeries, Razer, Puretrak, Thermaltake, etc. Not many people have heard of Glorious PC Gaming Race. I know I never did until I stumbled upon a mouse pad I thought would be perfect for myself. It was ginormous, stitched edges, all black, and super cheap. I ordered one. It turned out to be epic, and I don’t mean better-than-the-rest epic, I mean better-than-the-rest-and-I-won’t-buy-another-mouse-pad epic. The best part of the whole deal was being able to talk to them and communicate my thoughts and expressions directly, it was something I’ve never been able to do, except with ZOWIE for a short period of time. Anyway, back to the mouse pad, it comes in five different sizes Large (13×11″), Extra Large (18×16″ 3mm), Extra Large Heavy (18×16″ 6mm), Extended (36×11″), and XXL Extended (36×18″). So many options.

Review

I’ll be honest, when I ordered one of their mouse pads, I wasn’t expecting much. I ordered a XL Heavy, since I loved using a QcK+ Heavy. I’ve used almost every mouse pad on the market, and I usually always go back to a QcK. However, I can assure you that is not the case anymore. With the Glorious PC Gaming Race mouse pads you get a medium-low friction with a semi smooth surface. It’s fantastic for all sensitivities, but probably favors low and medium over high. If you used a high sensitivity, you probably wouldn’t have much control over your mouse.

For this review I’ve used a SteelSeries Kinzu v1, Kinzu v2, and Logitech G302. I do not test mouse pads with laser sensors, they are not nearly as picky as optical. I can say with 100% confidence that the fabric used for these mouse pads does not affect the performance or hinder an optical sensor in any way. The G302 has a great sensor, so I expected that to be good. However, with my SteelSeries Kinzu v3 it had trouble tracking on a QcK at high speeds, and another one as well. Both were all black, so I thought it was the sensor. I tried it on the Glorious PC Gaming Race mouse pads and it seemed to have improved a lot.

Another fantastic thing about these mouse pads is the rubber backing. It’s thick, but not too thick. It does not slide at all, though I have a standard desk with no anomalies. Overall, the Glorious PC Gaming Race mouse pads have been amazing to me. I have used them for nearly two weeks and have not once had a single defect or issue yet. I’ve went between many different sizes and options, and I seemed to have fell in love with the XXL Extended version. It’s big enough for my monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I will never run out of space, and it allows me to play the way I need to and feel the most comfortable at the same time.

Conclusion

If you’re looking for a mouse pad, and need a specific size, or want to try something totally new, get one of these Glorious PC Gaming Race mouse pads. They have a size for everyone, and they perform as good, if not better, than the competition. I can’t think of a single cloth mouse pad that performs better than these, especially a QcK or a Razer Goliath. The kicker to all of this is their price, it’s completely insane for the quality that you’re getting. As of this article, the most expensive option is $22. A similarly spec’d mouse pad from another company would be $30-40 easily, and you wouldn’t get stitched edges. Pick one of these up today!
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 February 2015, 15:47:53 by EthanNixon »