Author Topic: [GB] GMK DMG R3 is live SEPT 27 - OCT 24  (Read 10949 times)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
[GB] GMK DMG R3 is live SEPT 27 - OCT 24
« on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 07:09:56 »
GMK DMG R3 is live: SEPT 27 - OCT 24

Vendors - See individual vendors for pricing
US - OMNITYPE
CA - DESKHERO
EU - OBLOTZKY INDUSTRIES
UK - PROTOTYPIST
SEA - ILUMKB
AU - DAILYCLACK
CH - ZFRONTIER

People were asking for it and here it is. Loads of new bits and pieces since the last rounds, let's see now:

Standard Base
This is yer standard base. Looks good. Covers plenty.

Hiragana Base
New new new! I wanted to do this in R2 but I was told NO! But R3 is the charm. I'm into this a lot.

Novelties
Some extra bits over previous rounds, still got those dpad caps that people put on their boards the wrong way around approximately 50% of the time by my estimation. And aren't the battery capslock caps cuuuute!!?

Addition
The Addition Kit adds support for F13, alternate Caps Locks and 65% column options, HHKB, 660, 60% w/ arrows, 3u spacebars, and more. It's for all those of you who are a bit extra.

Aesthetic
For those who can't get enough of that sweet DMG button colour.

Command
For the Apple lovers.

Macro
For those who like to macrowave their keyboards (disclaimer: under no circumstances should you put your keyboard in a microwave, it will die and it might take you with it).

Obscure
This is for those people who have keyboards about the size of an actual Game Boy and/or reeeeally hate moving their fingers very far at all. See how the lower and raise caps have different colour legends. Don'tcha think that's cute?

International Kit
For the Europeans. Fun fact: I was European until a little while ago. Now I'm just British. I use Colemak though so who cares.

There's also other stuff available that you might consider buying because it's fun and goodness knows we could all use some fun about now. Game Boys were fun weren't they? Remember? Look:

Deskmat
It's like a giant top part of the old faithful DMG! Mad.

HIBI & DMG CNC aluminium artisan keycaps
My gosh look at these things. They're beautiful! I think the little speaker cap with the cut corner might be my favourite new thing about this whole round. I bloody love it. Thanks HIBI!

I hope you all dig the new stuff and those of you who have been waiting patiently are able to dive in on this GB.  Thanks for looking!

DISCLAIMER: This is a GB and the products are estimated to ship in Q4 of 2022. Colour matching is obviously already done (to a real life, non-yellowed Game Boy) so that's good innit.

RENDERS: All by pikku-allu. What a legend.

SMALL APOLOGY: This post is a bit late but this went live just as I've been moving house and had a sick dog and no internet as well as several other real life things I won't bother going into. But hey-ho, let's go!
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 October 2021, 07:13:22 by futurecrime »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [GB] GMK DMG R3 is live SEPT 27 - OCT 24
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 07:27:13 »
Please note that this key is using the wrong legend:

The kana should be the same size as the below it, and larger than the , , etc. found on the keys to its left. Small doesn't exist in Japanese.

The following is the correct legend mold to use, as seen in GMK βeta, GMK Serika 2 etc:

« Last Edit: Sun, 03 October 2021, 07:34:32 by konstantin »

Offline zea

• yeh
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 07:46:09 »
really sad that we didn’t get a south american vendor this time around, would’ve loved to have gotten the set but those taxes man  :(

Offline Evasive

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 October 2021, 10:47:46 »

Show Image

The kana should be the same size as the below it, and larger than the , , etc. found on the keys to its left. Small doesn't exist in Japanese.

The following is the correct legend mold to use, as seen in GMK βeta, GMK Serika 2 etc:

Show Image

Ahh I never knew that, this is good to know.

Offline bliss

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 October 2021, 16:15:26 »
Shuffling keyboard plans to accomodate this, I was really really not buying another gmk set

Hiragana and speaker cap!  :thumb:

Offline SuperBaseball

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 00:39:44 »
Stoked. This is my most wanted set. Gonna go all in just to make sure I have my bases covered.  Also got in on zooted :thumb:

Offline Ragsters

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 23 October 2021, 23:13:39 »
Just purchased from Omnitype. Does anyone know the potential ship date?

Offline jony_m

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 23 October 2021, 23:17:55 »
Site states q4 2022 :/

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 24 October 2021, 07:22:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

The renderman here, my bad. I've fixed it since. The actual keycaps use the correct legend. Last day to grab the set!

Offline Nikky

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 02:29:46 »
I miss it...hopefully there will be an extra ..pray

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 03:40:58 »
I miss it...hopefully there will be an extra ..pray

In case you're in the EU (I am not sure what ID is, Idaho...?), Oblo already has extras up for preorder on his site. Omni usually only does extras once they've received them, right? /Johannes

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 08:47:04 »
I believe every vendor will have some extras yep.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 20:10:49 »
Please release the numbers
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 08:16:25 »
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf