Author Topic: Suggested Change to IC's and stronger enforcement of GB's.  (Read 9241 times)

Offline HotRoderX

Suggested Change to IC's and stronger enforcement of GB's.
« on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 00:56:52 »
I wanted to suggest that In Coming group-buys threads be started by the runner who is going to be working with the manufactures/etc etc. Unless there running it thought a 3rd party company such as Massdrop, Zfrontier, Etc etc.. I have noticed people running IC on behalf of others. I also think the rules regarding running GB's need to be stricter and more enforced. I know I was part of A GB that was ran on Geekhack by the end of the buy when everything went south. The runner was hardly on Geekhack and prefered his private Discord. I would assume that was so he could control the content going in and out easier.

The only exception to the GB/IC threads I would suggest is if someone wasn't native English speaker and wished to have someone translate on there behalf.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Suggested Change to IC's and stronger enforcement of GB's.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 11:10:59 »
There are dozens of new IC's a week (maybe even a day) this should be gated it's out of control.

And at this point most group buys are scams, they need to just go away. And many seem to be selling ready made products by using group buys thus freeing themselves from any responsibilities after delivery.

Now you've got people throwing up an IC for some magical product while advertising their reason for disappearing with the money ahead of time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 20:05:29 »
There are dozens of new IC's a week (maybe even a day) this should be gated it's out of control.

And at this point most group buys are scams, they need to just go away. And many seem to be selling ready made products by using group buys thus freeing themselves from any responsibilities after delivery.

Now you've got people throwing up an IC for some magical product while advertising their reason for disappearing with the money ahead of time.

That's really sad if it is the case.

I ran out of money a while ago, so I haven't really been checking the IC/GB threads.

They used to be a lot of fun, seeing how many orders for each whatever, tracking progress, seeing photos of hundreds or thousands of items arrived for sorting.

Also the Handarbeit IC/GB needs moar interest ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 01:23:18 »

That's really sad if it is the case.

I ran out of money a while ago, so I haven't really been checking the IC/GB threads.

They used to be a lot of fun, seeing how many orders for each whatever, tracking progress, seeing photos of hundreds or thousands of items arrived for sorting.

Also the Handarbeit IC/GB needs moar interest ;)

I'm quite active on the IC and GB threads and to be honest, I have not seen any of what the OP of your quote was talking about.

There are quite a lot of new IC's coming through day to day, but that's to be expected. New ideas. The community becomes stagnate if there aren't any new products. People enjoy new designs and innovations. Some gain enough interest to have a GB, some don't.

I haven't participated in enough GB to know this, but I don't understand how they can be scams. Can't really comment on this.