Author Topic: [IC] The Banana Split 60 - Group Buy Launching June 1st!  (Read 183386 times)

Offline Phenix

Re: [IC] The Banana Split 60 - New supported keycap set news!
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 14:46:31 »
Please check out Wodans international kit, its only an additional costs of 23$ IIRC for an full international kit......
Winter is coming.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 14:49:16 »
I like the new keycap set a lot. I was thinking it would be a flop because the original banana was nice, but this is extra nice!

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #252 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 14:52:59 »
I like the new keycap set a lot. I was thinking it would be a flop because the original banana was nice, but this is extra nice!

Glad to hear :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #253 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 17:15:11 »
Would you consider to include space bars in the base color, also?

Edit: I suggest to include space bars sets, for the split option, in standard base colors like beige and black, to mix and match with existing sets. DSA and DCS will be needed.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 December 2016, 17:26:28 by ideus »

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #254 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 17:30:21 »
Here's what will be included with the entire keycap set. There will be no additional kits all of these caps will be together as the base kit. It will have support for standard ANSI and ISO as well as support for all the new unique layouts.

Show Image

Updated post with the new 2D render.

I agree, if I were to buy the set I'd like full spacebar options. At least one color of blank key for each size that the PCB supoorts (currently missing the 2.25 blank). Mulitple colors would be a big plus.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #255 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 17:54:45 »
Here's what will be included with the entire keycap set. There will be no additional kits all of these caps will be together as the base kit. It will have support for standard ANSI and ISO as well as support for all the new unique layouts.

Show Image

Updated post with the new 2D render.

I agree, if I were to buy the set I'd like full spacebar options. At least one color of blank key for each size that the PCB supoorts (currently missing the 2.25 blank). Mulitple colors would be a big plus.

If enough people want we can make the entire split spacebar blank, we could potentially add different colors like the dark blue spacebar option. I'm really interested in the idea of selling a separate split spacebar pack that would support popular DSA keysets like Borealis and Granite, and also just having some basic white, gray, black colored ones. Thanks for the suggestions :).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #256 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 17:59:32 »
Excellent!, I am now totally interested in get a PCB along with some split space bar sets. The set offered is nice, but it is not the sort of colors I would really use. An old boring Joe here.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 16:06:41 »
Love the colors. Pretty interested in this :)

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 16:51:16 »
This is a really cool idea, just want to confirm, so will this be avaliable to purchase as the PCB since it already fits the standard case and plates? I think it could be nice to have this as an option to those who already have a case and want to try the split space on the cheap

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 12:53:23 »
This is a really cool idea, just want to confirm, so will this be avaliable to purchase as the PCB since it already fits the standard case and plates? I think it could be nice to have this as an option to those who already have a case and want to try the split space on the cheap

Yup you'll have the option of purchasing only the PCB. For people who want a full kit we will additionally offer a case, plates, and a keyset. :)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 16:47:15 »
I'm thinking of hosting a poll with around 10 popular DSA keycap set. I'm thinking the top 5 will be added to the split-spacebar pack. Tell me what you guys think of this. The current key sets I have in mind: Borealis, Lightcycles, Granite, Overcast and Hana. My mind is blanking atm post any other popular set that comes to mind and I'll add it to the list. The pack would also include some basic colors like black and white. For sets like Granite and Overcast we may not even need to include them as an option they since they would be covered by the standard colors.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 December 2016, 16:55:24 by Arhipio »

Offline waqar

« Reply #261 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 17:20:35 »
The Amazing Chocolatier
Godspeed
Dasher & Dancer
Royal Navy

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #262 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:23:06 »
The Amazing Chocolatier
Godspeed
Dasher & Dancer
Royal Navy
The first three are SA, not DSA.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:29:58 »
I'd suggest Classic Beige, HF, Retro and Dolch.

By classic beige I meant the base color of beige sets, I know there is no a DSA set in that color but these bars can be mix and matched with existing sets.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:32:50 by ideus »

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:33:23 »

Yup you'll have the option of purchasing only the PCB. For people who want a full kit we will additionally offer a case, plates, and a keyset. :)

cool!
I have plan for 2 boards but if my wallet permit, I will take 3.
not sure if I will get the case and plate.

I'm thinking of hosting a poll with around 10 popular DSA keycap set. I'm thinking the top 5 will be added to the split-spacebar pack. Tell me what you guys think of this. The current key sets I have in mind: Borealis, Lightcycles, Granite, Overcast and Hana. My mind is blanking atm post any other popular set that comes to mind and I'll add it to the list. The pack would also include some basic colors like black and white. For sets like Granite and Overcast we may not even need to include them as an option they since they would be covered by the standard colors.

DSA Wolf Mark  ;D
---
do you mean you will offer (one of) these as a whole set, not just separate kits?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:52:27 »

By classic beige I meant the base color of beige sets, I know there is no a DSA set in that color but these bars can be mix and matched with existing sets.

Very true, I'll add beige to the polls.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:54:05 »

Very true, I'll add beige to the polls.

Awesome, thank you.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:54:56 »

cool!
I have plan for 2 boards but if my wallet permit, I will take 3.
not sure if I will get the case and plate.

DSA Wolf Mark  ;D
---
do you mean you will offer (one of) these as a whole set, not just separate kits?

The kits would be 5 or so sets of split-spacebars (2u, 2.75u and 2.25u) that would accommodate a portion of existing DSA sets and just some neutral colors like black,white and beige that would look good universally. This is a super rough estimate but I would imagine them costing around $15 for all 5. They would just be sold in a set, not individually.

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 22:08:07 »

I'm strongly considering getting a plate and PCB (and maybe a case).

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #269 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 23:43:01 »
In for updates.
keyboards.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #270 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 00:15:51 »
In for updates.

There may be some downtime until February. Evan has a lot on his plate right now and so this month we might not get much done. But hopefully in February we can go full force and finish plate, PCB and case design. In the meantime I'll work on some 3d renders for the case and hopefully I can get them to you guys soon. We are still very excited about this project and can't wait to continue work on it.  :thumb:

Offline toneman77

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 09:42:35 »
Whoa. Saw this thread way too late... So that means sth like that would be possible?

KLE here

awesome...

Offline sithlord

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 11:16:31 »
I just found out about this PCB. Would definitely want to get at least a PCB and plate for arrow layout.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 14:24:53 »
Whoa. Saw this thread way too late... So that means sth like that would be possible?
Show Image

KLE here

awesome...

Yup

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 14:25:55 »
I just found out about this PCB. Would definitely want to get at least a PCB and plate for arrow layout.

Glad to hear, our focus right now is going to be purely on the plate and pcb. We might the save the case and caps for round 2.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 02:56:03 »
The set is just 2 keys short of HHKB number row support... (backslash and tilde)
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2017, 02:57:43 by menuhin »
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 21:07:25 »
The set is just 2 keys short of HHKB number row support... (backslash and tilde)

Those are included check the 2 bottom keys in the 2d render.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 10:25:30 »
Maybe this has been asked. The 3d renders show a split space with two keys, while the 2d renders and supported layout pics of not show this layout, only a split with three keys. Is the 3d render layout possible?
keyboards.

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 10:45:35 »
Maybe this has been asked. The 3d renders show a split space with two keys, while the 2d renders and supported layout pics of not show this layout, only a split with three keys. Is the 3d render layout possible?
I wouldn't put stock in the renders being accurate, as they show a 1.25u/1u/1.25u cluster on the left side, with Swim being only 1u even though the PCB doesn't have that as an option.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #279 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 12:08:44 »

Yeah that was before we changed the layout. We didn't bother changing it because the look of the keysets remains the same :) . And no the 2d render is what you should expect.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #280 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 12:54:08 »
Sad face. Really want a split between the v and b keys only, as b n m area splits get in the way. Thanks
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 January 2017, 12:55:58 by tameone »
keyboards.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #281 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 14:23:27 »
Sad face. Really want a split between the v and b keys only, as b n m area splits get in the way. Thanks

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tried offering as many different options as I could.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 15:01:35 »
No worries.  It's a great looking setup, and I'll probably end up grabbing one anyway since I sold my last 60%, just won't be using a split.
keyboards.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 15:57:03 »
No worries.  It's a great looking setup, and I'll probably end up grabbing one anyway since I sold my last 60%, just won't be using a split.

:thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #284 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 17:26:36 »
Is pricing information available yet? Please dismiss the question if it has been posted already, I did not read the thread entirely.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #285 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 20:59:12 »
Is pricing information available yet? Please dismiss the question if it has been posted already, I did not read the thread entirely.

No not yet, good news though evan messaged me telling me he started working on the new revised pcb (with the new layout). Hopefully we can get updates for you guys pretty soon.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #286 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 21:04:26 »

No not yet, good news though evan messaged me telling me he started working on the new revised pcb (with the new layout). Hopefully we can get updates for you guys pretty soon.

Thank you for the answer, this is a great project, that if it is in the right price bracket will be a hit.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #287 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 21:35:26 »

Thank you for the answer, this is a great project, that if it is in the right price bracket will be a hit.

:thumb: It's a passion project, means a lot to have this much support. None of this would be possible without evan he has done so much for this project, glad to be working with him.  :thumb:

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 20:56:15 »
New update! Finished the plate design. Whipped up some quick renders for you guys to check out.  :thumb:

Tell me what you think we are thinking of aluminum for the material.

http://imgur.com/a/t2E4J

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [IC] The Banana Split 60 - New Plate Renders!
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 20:14:12 »
I'm ok with aluminum if it helps keep cost down.

Offline sithlord

« Reply #290 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:59:01 »
New update! Finished the plate design. Whipped up some quick renders for you guys to check out.  :thumb:

aluminum is cool.

Would like to see color options if possible but I understand if cost is prohibitive.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 18:32:40 »

aluminum is cool.

Would like to see color options if possible but I understand if cost is prohibitive.

I'll get back to you on that one, I would love to have the option of having different colors.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 20:22:11 »
Small news, updated post with the plate renders. To the supported layouts I added support for stepped caps-lock. The caps-lock changes were applied to the plate renders. I also wanted to throw in a poll to see if you guys wanted a steel or aluminum plate.

Link to the poll

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6smZ4vRFGis6-vBGTVvfBgey5xaE1-75we7ekAq15SITdJQ/viewform

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 January 2017, 20:24:29 by Arhipio »

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 23:05:20 »
Updated plate renders with a higher contrast background. The brownish-yellow I was using before made it hard to see the highlights of the plate.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #294 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:19:33 »
Results to the poll!

Since the poll votes were so close. I want to try and include an option for both steel and aluminum plates. Seeing how the cost for manufacturing and the material for both should be roughly the same. Tell me what you guys think about this.

As for plate cost I'm still waiting for a quote, it will be somewhere in the $30-40 price range. As for pcb's evan said they will probably be $40 each.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:30:57 by Arhipio »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 13:49:33 »
Love the progress on this, keep up the good work! Will be in a for a plate and PCB :)
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 20:17:32 »
Love the progress on this, keep up the good work! Will be in a for a plate and PCB :)

Glad to hear, awesome meeting you at the meetup :D. We should play some league later mayhaps?  :thumb:

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 23:22:03 »
New poll to get an estimate of how many pcb's and plates we are going to sell. Thanks for the extended support, I've said this a million times, but it means a lot to me to see this layout I tailored for myself to also be loved by others. Rock on!  :thumb:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSceCVpbZkCy-vVFW4zkt7kl2dXsD3iNDB3KfvSsx7uZg57QaA/viewform

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Thanks for everyone who voted, we had over one hundred entries (that's insane!). And around 70 of those were in a matter of an hour after posting.  :thumb:

Offline Giorgio

Very happy about the possibility of using pcb mounted stabs, since for experimentation purposes I don't intend to use a plate.

Would this layout be possible?

159801-0

This one surely is possible:
159803-1
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 February 2017, 06:09:59 by Giorgio »