Author Topic: [IC] Linjär switch - Mechanical Keyboards SWE (US Proxy confirmed, GB soon!)  (Read 19959 times)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Hi everyone, this is the interest check thread for Linjär, a smooth Linear switch made by the Swedish community, Mechanical Keyboards SWE.

A big thank you to Janglad for rendering this!

Switch information for Linjär:
Manufacturer: Gateron
Housing Pantone 301 C, Stem Pantone 116 C (official pantones for the flag of Sweden)
Type: Linear (LINJÄR)
Weight: 65cN bottom out, gold plated spring
Factory lubed: Yes
Pricing: 0.35usd~ per switch
Sold in packs of 90 or 120, to keep costs down
MOQ: 20000 switches

The proxy and GB point of sale will be our friends over at mykeyboard.eu.

Our initial idea was to only offer the switch for us in the swedish keyboard community, but with the higher MOQ, we have decided to also offer it to everyone. Our goal is to have a smooth linear switch, similar to gateron yellow (if you've tried one, you know they're pretty damn smooth), but without transparent or milky housings for the sound signature that provides. Since it is a community driven project, we do not aim to make a profit out of this, but simply want to meme our keyboards with the glorious Swedish colors.  :))

- This switch is Non-profit, which means that costs are kept at an absolute minimum. The only costs added on top of the manufacturing cost from Gateron are import fees handled by mykeyboard.eu, and logistics related such as shipping material.
- For full transparency, the quote from Gateron is 3000RMB for a full housing and stem of custom colors, and then 1.75RMB per switch with a MOQ of 20000. The housing color cost is distributed over the 20000 switches, and so is the shipping cost from Gateron to mykeyboard.eu, along with other logistics costs.

IC Form: https://goo.gl/forms/x9pvACTNNhK7JMOZ2
If you're Swedish and want to be a part of our community, a discord invite link can be found here www.mekaniskatangentbord.se.

Status: We are waiting for confirmation of shipping price from Gateron, which may be lower or a bit higher than our guesstimate - this might change the price per switch slightly. We are also waiting confirmation of them accepting our Pantones.
Update: Interest has been overwhelming, in just a few hours we passed the MOQ of 20k. We will go ahead with the GB phase as soon as we hear back from Gateron regarding production time, pantones and shipping costs.
UPDATE: We heard back from gateron. Shipping prices were more than double compared to what we expected. 2000RMB, which translated to about 295USD - luckily we left room in the price per switch in our calculations to cover for this, so it won't change the price (even if it did, 295usd across 20k is about 0.0147~USD) - so price would be similar. We still aim for 0.35 per switch for the EU, I need to hear back from US proxy to calculate the price for the US market.

Gateron confirms that they can do our switch, and our Pantones. They offered to have samples to us by 29th of January if we could pay up front, and have the rest delivered right after the chinese new year. We can't front the money, so there won't be any samples. Gateron however says that it will be as smooth as Gateron yellows, which is comforting.

Our aim is to start the GB phase ASAP, we just need to confirm a US Proxy. I have reached out to Mike on Discord, but we have not heard back yet. I will keep you updated.

GB period will likely be from as soon as we confirm proxy, until the end of chinese new year (no reason to end it prior to this, since we won't get any progress during CNY anyway) - so it will be a couple of weeks for you to get your orders in - there will only be 1 run of this.

From the date of payment, Gateron says it takes about 15 days to manufacture the switches and have them sent out to us.

-- Price is calculated for the 20k MOQ, as we first strictly wanted to keep to 20k switches to make it more exclusive. Since we lifted the 20K limit, it means that any switch sold at higher than 20k will be a microscopical profit (we are talking few cents here), which depending on how many switches are sold, turns in to a few dollars. This means that there will be profit, but we can't predict against it. So, instead of the community going profit, we decided to leave this, however small, profit to the retailers mykeyboard.eu and US proxy for their support in this project. Our goal is still to stay strictly non-profit, and as a community, we feel this solution is still true to the non-profit spirit --
Update:
NovelKeys confirmed as the US Proxy, also non-profit! The per switch price for the US will be 0.36USD~, so only 0.01 higher than EU - very fair pricing!
The GB will start on Monday, and be open for roughly a month (end of chinese new year). Manufacturing time will be 15 days, roughly. GB Thread will follow shortly. Thanks for the overwhelming support!

The swedish keyboard community is very excited and happy about this, and hope to do more great things in the coming future!

Memes (note, not color accurate, shots taken in certain basement-like conditions)

« Last Edit: Sat, 19 January 2019, 08:05:49 by Emir »

Offline quaddepos

Re: [IC] Linjär switch - Mechanical Keyboards SWE
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 07:31:45 »
Looks nice!

Will we get an Ikea assembly instructions with it?

Offline Smoff

• 817 785
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 07:32:41 »
Make this happen!
Current boards: Matrix 1.2 OG | Matrix 8xv2.0 | Cherry g80-1000 | Cherry g80-3000 | Matrix 2.0add | Matrix Noah

Boards on the way: Duck Orion v2.5 | Matrix Falcon

Previous boards: BOK.CP | Duck Orion v3 | Mech27v2 | HHKB pro2 x3 | Cherry g80-11800 | NIU mini | Klippe r1 | Brutal60 | Duck Unicorn x Legend | Duck jetfire | Cherry g80-1800 | IDB60 | PC Salamander | Lin Whale r2 | LZ Physix | Duck Viper v3 |

Offline Sissy

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 07:37:22 »

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 07:39:12 »
Haha, not a massive fan of the colours personally, but I'm down for the memes and the not for profit nature (and therefore the price) is great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 07:42:47 »
Haha yeah, we all agree that it's UGLY - which is what's so charming about it. :D

Comes in parts and instruction manual, shipped in IKEA zip-lock bags! (irony for those who might take this at face value)

Offline necromanx

• mykeyboard.eu
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 07:44:56 »
Can we get updated artwork with the correct Zlatan shirts? B-)

https://www.mlsstore.com/la-galaxy/zlatan-ibrahimovic/t-36234637+a-54935677+z-932-1906261125

Offline Kasterborous

• HEX Keyboards
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 07:53:06 »
Make sure to have your monitor's colors correctly calibrated when the samples come in.

Offline PaultheSloth

• JW Double Black
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 07:58:09 »
Love this. Down for 150.
Polaris|Leaf60|QXP|DC60|Planck|SKB60|Tokyo60|UT-47|AnnePro

Offline appaboy

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:01:07 »
Not usually a fan of these gateron yellow recolours but this one is nice. Down for 25 to fill a numpad
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline Morbus

• a real dude
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:02:24 »
Thank you Emir! Very cool!
dm me ur top 42 topster charts
consider adding norde support to ur sets
   dont be dumb as hell

Offline iSamurai

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:12:57 »
What about the wobble? Are linjär and gateron yellow the same from this point of view?
Really nice idea BTW, you can do a full nautilus keyboard now :D.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:14:58 »
What about the wobble? Are linjär and gateron yellow the same from this point of view?

Well, we are not allowed to ask for switch specifications related to Zeal, so we can't ask for Zeal tolerances (v2 improves on wobble a lot). Likely similar wobble to other gateron offerings.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:19:14 »
Good on you guys for having this be non-profit, .35 for a custom coloured factory lubed gat yellow with tax already in there is impossible to pass up.

Offline NRbigfoot

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:23:11 »
In for a boards worth, this is a cool idea especially non-profit community designed
HBCP | FLX Virgo | aanzee | Mira SE | Leaf 80 | HHKB pro 1 | qxp | Rukia | IDB60 | equinox | No1Rev1 | Whale | Montage | 268.2 | Anniversary Whale | Jer80 | Evolv

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:24:18 »
Only an hour in and we are already more than 1/4th of the way as far as interest goes, thanks everyone!

Offline OkKarma

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:34:28 »
Very yes to this.

Any in-Sweden purchase point to avoid unnecessary SEK to EUR currency conversion and shipping?

Offline MemeLord69

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:34:39 »
/r/swarje would like this.

Yes, i'm very interested.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 09:05:02 »
More than 2/4 of the MOQ in less than two hours, I am guessing this is starting to look like a reality. With this pace, we can go ahead and start the GB as soon as we hear back from Gateron regarding production time, shipping and pantone confirmation!

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 09:07:54 »
Could i get a daylight pic of that artwork? I need to see a real representation, not a basement lighting pic.

Filled out the IC :D

Offline sendrim

• Instagram
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 09:10:09 »
I think I'm buying about 600! So hyped! :))
I like SA

Offline Tyson

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 09:20:44 »
I'm in for some! I'll be making a nautilus themed board and these would be perfect for it!

Offline vikipedeer

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 09:41:04 »
in, I'm looking to build the ultimate blue keeb and these housing will be really nice...
Current board:KBD75V2, Whitefox, Time TKL

say yes to bacon overlord

Offline Starston3

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 09:44:18 »
Not a linear person... but the blue housing is 👌

Offline iSamurai

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 09:53:14 »

Well, we are not allowed to ask for switch specifications related to Zeal, so we can't ask for Zeal tolerances (v2 improves on wobble a lot). Likely similar wobble to other gateron offerings.
Damn, was hoping in gateron fully embracing the meme, little shame but for that price we can't complain too much.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 10:09:19 »
Okej, det här är episkt  :cool:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 10:13:49 »
I'm happy about the price but these meme switches are getting out of control. :confused: Good luck though and it's definitely cool.  :thumb:
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 10:19:24 »
Probably in for 200- gateron yellow is an all-time favorite, would like to try it with a different sound profile.

Offline ChEiPs

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 10:45:27 »
Damn, they're ugly... If they're anything like Gat Yellows, I'll happily buy at least 90 :)

Offline Smoff

• 817 785
    • Youtube
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 10:56:32 »
Could i get a daylight pic of that artwork? I need to see a real representation, not a basement lighting pic.

Filled out the IC :D
Blue switches blue HBCP?  ;)
Current boards: Matrix 1.2 OG | Matrix 8xv2.0 | Cherry g80-1000 | Cherry g80-3000 | Matrix 2.0add | Matrix Noah

Previous boards: BOK.CP | Duck Orion v3 | Mech27v2 | HHKB pro2 x3 | Cherry g80-11800 | NIU mini | Klippe r1 | Brutal60 | Duck Unicorn x Legend | Duck jetfire | Cherry g80-1800 | IDB60 | PC Salamander | Lin Whale r2 | LZ Physix | Duck Viper v3 |

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
UPDATE: Overwhelming interest in such a short amount of time! We are confident MOQ of 20k will be a breeze. Updated OP with a beautiful render from Janglad, as well as status!

Offline edasaur

would love to pair these with my nautilus caps :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline rondg

Will this run be limited to 20k only? No more round 2?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord

The original idea was to have a hard cap at 20k, and allowing Swedes from our community to buy the amount we wanted before releasing it to the public. We have changed this, and will instead have an unlimited amount for a time period instead. Therefore, there would be no need to worry about missing out on the buy, or setting up a private buy at first.

We have decided to limit this to a 1 run only.

Offline rondg

The original idea was to have a hard cap at 20k, and allowing Swedes from our community to buy the amount we wanted before releasing it to the public. We have changed this, and will instead have an unlimited amount for a time period instead. Therefore, there would be no need to worry about missing out on the buy, or setting up a private buy at first.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I guess I need to join now.  ;D

Offline Smoff

• 817 785
    • Youtube

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I guess I need to join now.  ;D
Oh yes you do!  ;)

Offline Rumblehotep

oh god... there's so many linears!

Offline Vigrith

About time people realised the only tactiles worth having are topre.

l0l

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards

l0l

the only tactiles worth having are any named ergo clear

Offline Scarecrow

Nice switch!! :)There are many similar linear custom switch in China made by Gateron.(E.g FF yellow,FEI, C³ Tangerine)Their feel is really great :thumb:

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Which housing material is this? Black, white, milky?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline MMKB

How different is the sound signature of non-transparent gateron?

Offline oh_chesteroni

Apologies if I missed this in the thread, but will there be an NA proxy as well or just EU?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
NovelKeys has reached out to mykeyboard.eu and shown interest in proxying for murricans. We will get in touch and work something out.

As far as housing goes, nylon will sound more deep (lower frequency) in the signature than transparent housings. This to us is "better", but it's personal preference if you like a high pitched plasticy sound, or something on the deeper curve.

Besides US Proxy, pnly issue now is waiting for Gaterons response, which is slow. I sent a new Email today with renders, pantones, asked for manufacturing time, shipping costs and confirmation that they can make the switch according to our specifications. I will let you guys know when we learn more from them.

Offline PikaJoyce

NovelKeys has reached out to mykeyboard.eu and shown interest in proxying for murricans. We will get in touch and work something out.

As far as housing goes, nylon will sound more deep (lower frequency) in the signature than transparent housings. This to us is "better", but it's personal preference if you like a high pitched plasticy sound, or something on the deeper curve.

Besides US Proxy, pnly issue now is waiting for Gaterons response, which is slow. I sent a new Email today with renders, pantones, asked for manufacturing time, shipping costs and confirmation that they can make the switch according to our specifications. I will let you guys know when we learn more from them.
Super exciting news. Love the sound of nylon housing! Count me in :)

Offline Findecanor

Interest check names the price in USD, not in SEK or even Euro..  :-ž

Fun as a novelty, but I'm not interested in linear switches, sorry.

Offline urbantheii

If Zlatan approves, I am in.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz

l0l

the only tactiles worth having are any named ergo clear

Ban Hiney pls

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
Memes are dumb, but I would buy a few hundred just to show my love for IKEA  :p
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
would take 2 packs of 120
<- My Collection (so far)