Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 361962 times)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...
« Reply #1300 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 04:44:52 »
the sex is coming my way!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1301 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 05:03:57 »

It will help take your mind off your missing keycaps.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1302 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 06:41:45 »
My delivery date got rescheduled from Wednesday to today, I think this is a first where my package is coming earlier than projected.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2015, 07:08:32 by Steezus »
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #1303 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 06:45:16 »

It will help take your mind off your missing keycaps.
No it wont  :p

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1304 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 08:52:44 »
My light gray/beige G80-3000 is already at Brazilian customs, now the waiting game begins.

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #1305 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 10:32:34 »
Just got my set in the mail. The caps are awesome! I'll post some pics later today. Unfortunately my package looked like someone played rugby with it and the tray was sliightly open which legt the caps kinda go everywhere inside the box. ****ing Massdrop!  >:D   Other than that everythiing looks pretty good. Thanks a bunch Intelli for setting this up!

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #1306 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 10:38:36 »
Just got my set in the mail. The caps are awesome! I'll post some pics later today. Unfortunately my package looked like someone played rugby with it and the tray was sliightly open which legt the caps kinda go everywhere inside the box. ****ing Massdrop!  >:D   Other than that everythiing looks pretty good. Thanks a bunch Intelli for setting this up!

Massdrop shipping department is probably their weakest link. They really need to get that fixed.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1307 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 10:53:35 »
Their packaging is terribad.

**** comes to them mass-packed and it seems like they just treat everything as if it were commercially packaged, which usually is not the case. They really need to get access to an item or two so they can figure out how to adequately package it.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #1308 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:25:03 »
Mine arrived....sounded like a box of legos. A few extra pieces of scotch tape could have avoided this:
107404-0

The label on the case says "Open and Handle with care", oh the irony.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:38:11 by engicoder »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1309 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:27:52 »
Mine arrived....sounded like a box of legos. A few pieces of scotch tape could have avoided this:
(Attachment Link)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1310 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:28:10 »
GG. No more keycap GBs from MD again.
Maybe I'll just stop buying their crap completely if this is how they want to treat us.
Cancelling all orders from MD right now.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1311 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:28:22 »
And now I play the waiting game to buy an unwanted scratched set  :p

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1312 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:32:32 »
Nice job Massdrop. Real A+ work here.  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1313 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:34:06 »
Before I grab my pitchfork I have a curiosity.  Is this solely the fault of Massdrop for not using enough tape or packaging material (the contents weren't secured), or is it possible that these trays aren't meant to be packaged individually and it's a design flaw of the tray?  (seems unlikely, but just thinking out loud)

I haven't received mine yet so have to go by what others are experiencing.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1314 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:35:04 »
The worst part is these are the sets that spent the least amount of time in transit.

Lord knows what they're going to look like as those of us on the other side of the country or worse world start getting them.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1315 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:37:05 »
Mine arrived....sounded like a box of legos. A few pieces of scotch tape could have avoided this:
(Attachment Link)

I can't see your picture in the MD comments

[img:DSC00264.bcj.JPG]

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1316 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:38:11 »
The worst part is these are the sets that spent the least amount of time in transit.

Lord knows what they're going to look like as those of us on the other side of the country or worse world start getting them.

You could even end up with a few missing keys if the box isn't taped up well or a hole gets punctured in the side.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1317 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:38:45 »
Before I grab my pitchfork I have a curiosity.  Is this solely the fault of Massdrop for not using enough tape or packaging material (the contents weren't secured), or is it possible that these trays aren't meant to be packaged individually and it's a design flaw of the tray?  (seems unlikely, but just thinking out loud)

Looking at these plastic trays it seems that they should not be held with two pieces of scotch tape or whatever they are using.
If it was further wrapped in bubble wrap or at least had tape that wrapped around it would be perfectly fine.
They should really do some stress testing with their packaging.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1318 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:40:43 »
Even if it's the cases for the most part, MD could have at least taped it up better so the keycaps didn't fly OUTSIDE of the case and around the box.

For transit, unless GMK fixes their cases, if that is indeed the problem, plastic bags seem like  the optimum solution for the future, as is standard with most sets..

Offline engicoder

« Reply #1319 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:41:57 »

The trays do not snap together. The only thing holding the top on is gravity, so yes, the trays are partly to blame. EDIT: There are a few small dimples that are intended to lock the trays together.
The packing was large cell bubble wrap, but there was extra space in the box which allowed everything to move quite a bit. Small bubble wrapped around the tray combined with the large bubble to fill the box would have been better, but more work.

I can't say for sure more tape would have avoided this, but tape on four sides would have been good insurance.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:05:17 by engicoder »

Offline engicoder

« Reply #1320 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:43:21 »

I can't see your picture in the MD comments

I used their upload button, but it doesn't seem to work. Figures

EDIT: If image is more than 2MB it fails without notice. Got the image up their now.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:46:45 by engicoder »

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #1321 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:43:30 »

The trays do not snap together. The only thing holding the top on is gravity, so yes, the trays are partly to blame.
The packing was large cell bubble wrap, but there was extra space in the box which allowed everything to move quite a bit. Small bubble wrapped around the tray combined with the large bubble to fill the box would have been better, but more work.

I can't say for sure more tape would have avoided this, but tape on four sides would have been good insurance.

These were sorted at GMK, yeah?  That means that they could make it from Germany to the USA without trouble, but couldn't go from New Jersey to D.C.?  I'm not sure it's fair to blame the tray...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1322 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:45:14 »
Mine arrived....sounded like a box of legos. A few extra pieces of scotch tape could have avoided this:
(Attachment Link)

:))

but at least they shipped them out really fast! :facepalm:

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #1323 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:46:40 »
107414-0
(Attachment Link)

Do these trays snap shut or are they only held together by tape? Is it just ****ty tape?

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #1324 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:49:03 »
(Attachment Link)

MD makes me stunned.  :-X
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline engicoder

« Reply #1325 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:53:32 »
It appears there are three small dimples that snap together to hold the two tray haves together. Its not very robust. It may have done the job if the two halves were aligned. If you look closely at my previous picture, the top is on backwards. Maybe the bottom is on backwards, I'm not sure, but the locking dimples aren't aligned.

EDIT: The top was on the correct direction, just not aligned. Probably happened after the tape came loose.
See below. Top - correct; Botton - How it was shipped

107416-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:16:25 by engicoder »

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1326 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:55:16 »
Man, such a love-hate relationship with Massdrop... Love that they're getting exposure to niche items, hate all the ****ing corners they cut to save a buck.

The best drops I've been involved in have all been shipped by the makers, or items that are damn near indestructible.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #1327 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:58:02 »
It appears there are three small dimples that snap together to hold the two tray haves together. Its not very robust. It may have done the job if the two halves were aligned. If you look closely at my previous picture, the top is on backwards. Maybe the bottom is on backwards, I'm not sure, but the locking dimples aren't aligned.

So presumably they came from GMK incorrectly alignment and with the ****ty tape, right? I mean, MD definitely has shipping issues, but this looks like it was doomed to start off with.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #1328 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:03:59 »

So presumably they came from GMK incorrectly alignment and with the ****ty tape, right? I mean, MD definitely has shipping issues, but this looks like it was doomed to start off with.

Who ever applied the tape is probably at fault here. The top is not snapped together. Before applying tape, that should have been confirmed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:11:02 by engicoder »

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1329 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:07:33 »
Even if GMK taped, it's still a ****ty job of QC on Massdrop's end. And then with a loose packed box they just pushed it over the edge.

But lesson learned for me: use a damn bag.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #1330 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:53:12 »
after seeing those pictures... I guess I will sell this set after I receive it

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1331 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:55:16 »

Why? They look great! I mean other than the packaging, of course. I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer if you do want to sell.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1332 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:56:00 »

DIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1333 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:57:41 »
Man, I hope my caps survived the trip over the ocean.

I'd cry if I get a box full of loose and scratched caps :(

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1334 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:57:41 »
Might want to check that enthusiasm until you see how scratched up they get in transit! :))

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1335 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:57:57 »
2nd dibs! xD

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1336 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:02:38 »
Well, now the hunt begins to see if I can snag a set at retail, other without the markup that the vendors will have on it...

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1337 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:04:29 »
Might want to check that enthusiasm until you see how scratched up they get in transit! :))

I am not a perfectionist, so maybe I'm less perceptive of these things to start off with, but how scratched could these possibly get? It's not like they shipped them with rocks in the same box. I suppose I'll know once I get home since they should be waiting there for me. For now I'm going to keep thinking positive. :)

The packaging is still totally unacceptable, and if they are damaged MD should be held responsible. It can't be GMK's fault if they arrived at MD with no issues. GMK was responsible for the packaging and shipping to MD, MD is responsible for the packaging and shipping to the customer. At least that is my 2 cents.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #1338 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:12:12 »

Why? They look great! I mean other than the packaging, of course. I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer if you do want to sell.

Maybe I miss something because this thread is so long and massdrop discussion has few hundreds of comments... but I thought the teal would be a direct copy of the original board.  I can't find anything on the description page on massdrop saying the teal color would be choose by intelli.  And the color was chosen after the drop end...
The set just looks nothing like this picture.  I can see massdrop will have to deal with tons of complain and request for refund already.

intelli did a great job on this groupbuy though.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1339 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:13:39 »

I am not a perfectionist, so maybe I'm less perceptive of these things to start off with, but how scratched could these possibly get? It's not like they shipped them with rocks in the same box. I suppose I'll know once I get home since they should be waiting there for me. For now I'm going to keep thinking positive. :)

The packaging is still totally unacceptable, and if they are damaged MD should be held responsible. It can't be GMK's fault if they arrived at MD with no issues. GMK was responsible for the packaging and shipping to MD, MD is responsible for the packaging and shipping to the customer. At least that is my 2 cents.

You might be surprised, but keycaps can scratch other in the right conditions.  I don't have any pics to show, but it's more of a surface finish scratch usually, so it's visible but not very deep.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1340 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:14:08 »

Maybe I miss something because this thread is so long and massdrop discussion has few hundreds of comments... but I thought the teal would be a direct copy of the original board.  I can't find anything on the description page on massdrop saying the teal color would be choose by intelli.  And the color was chosen after the drop end...
The set just looks nothing like this picture.  I can see massdrop will have to deal with tons of complain and request for refund already.
Show Image

intelli did a great job on this groupbuy though.

That is what I refer to as "standard GMK issued Cyan".

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1341 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:15:46 »

You might be surprised, but keycaps can scratch other in the right conditions.  I don't have any pics to show, but it's more of a surface finish scratch usually, so it's visible but not very deep.

What about the sprue marks?  i don't know about GMK's process, but they can be pretty rough/sharp sometimes.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1342 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:17:16 »
More

I don't know if that would really bother me. I guess it depends on where the scratches are. Like if there is one long one running across the spacebar I'd probably be really pissed. But if it was a some scratches on the backside of the Q key, I can live with that. I'm just trying not to get spun up about something that is out of my control and that I don't really know the extent of. I know, that is very opposite to the normal GH way of dealing with stress.  :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1343 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:20:08 »
What about the sprue marks?  i don't know about GMK's process, but they can be pretty rough/sharp sometimes.

IIRC GMK's aren't too bad, but that's a good point.

I don't know if that would really bother me. I guess it depends on where the scratches are. Like if there is one long one running across the spacebar I'd probably be really pissed. But if it was a some scratches on the backside of the Q key, I can live with that. I'm just trying not to get spun up about something that is out of my control and that I don't really know the extent of. I know, that is very opposite to the normal GH way of dealing with stress.  :p

Not to scare you, but I did have a spacebar get scratched from some jostling caps once.  :(

I think we should all just wait until they arrive before we freak out though.   :-*

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1344 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:21:27 »

Haha that's fair, I was more talking to romevi getting super excited to call dibs on someone's set who hasn't even received it yet ;)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1345 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:25:01 »
Mine arrived exactly like engicoder's, a few caps are scratched too. The color is absolutely gorgeous though.   :(
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1346 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:28:15 »
Has anyone contacted MD about the packaging yet?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1347 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:34:38 »

INB4 MD beings offering $2-$5 refunds as a concession.  ::)

I've had a few things damaged in the past and there initial responses are always hilarious.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1348 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:37:42 »
I received the package and shook it.  Maybe I shook too aggressively or something.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1349 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:40:07 »

I will if mine are damaged upon receipt.