Author Topic: [GB] GMK Minimal  (Read 149923 times)

Offline PoochZag

Re: [GB] GMK Minimal
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 07:30:44 »
Does anyone by chance know how the WS1 white used here, compares to the white on Enjoypbt BoW?

WS1 is a pretty normal white, it's not warm, or dull, or overly bright. WS2 (which is on monochrome but not in this image) is more of the stark bright white like epbt BoW is

TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 11:20:54 »
Hope this is gaining traction. I really love this

Offline sl70309

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 12:27:38 »
jamon core is $99 with custom color.
WS1 is stock color. it makes more sense and more reasonable if price start from 99 , then drop down to 89 when hitting MOQ 500.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 12:32:14 »

It is, sales so far are actually pretty much on par with Modern Dolch so who knows: we might hit 500 MOQ!

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 12:35:16 »
jamon core is $99 with custom color.
WS1 is stock color. it makes more sense and more reasonable if price start from 99 , then drop down to 89 when hitting MOQ 500.

At €89 vendors would be selling at a loss.

Also, AFAIK colours don't impact price, Jamon actually was $114.99 at 250 MOQ (so more than Minimal) and only dropped down to 99.99 at 500 (just like Minimal) + I have heard from multiple "reputable sources" now that Massdrop gets better deals from GMK and thus are able to offer lower pricing (or make more profit I guess).

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 12:37:11 »
Is everyone a GMK pricing expert all of a sudden in this thread? Massdrop is a gigantic business compared to Dixie/Mykeyboard/etc, they've been working with GMK for years, I don't see how the $99 at 500 units here is a point of contention or being compared to Jamón. I'm all for lower prices for the community, for myself if nothing else, I just don't think it's appropriate to be bringing it up in this particular instance.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 16:22:33 »

It is, sales so far are actually pretty much on par with Modern Dolch so who knows: we might hit 500 MOQ!

Nice! Great news

By the way, any idea when Modern Dolch may ship? Cant wait

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 17:57:10 »
Does anyone by chance know how the WS1 white used here, compares to the white on Enjoypbt BoW?

WS1 is a pretty normal white, it's not warm, or dull, or overly bright. WS2 (which is on monochrome but not in this image) is more of the stark bright white like epbt BoW is

Show Image

Cool, think I'm convinced to grab this instead of the enjoy WoB.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 18:59:27 »

Show Image

Cool, think I'm convinced to grab this instead of the enjoy WoB.

GMK still has a much higher quality than epbt imo, if you dont hate abs.

Offline nene

• I use google translation
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 06:22:48 »
I joined the base kit and RAMA keycap!
It's my first GMK set <3

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 11:10:50 »
It's my first GMK set <3

Are rama caps open? When I joined I didnt see rama caps option

Offline kakiharaOne

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 11:14:34 »
It's my first GMK set <3

It’s a separate product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 11:15:32 »
It's my first GMK set <3

It’s a separate product.

Thanks for the headsup. Going to get one

Offline mwahlig

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 04:24:13 »
So… this has come up a few times by others and hasn't been responded to yet… and I need to know before I make any purchase. The ortho kit has a critical issue that is going to turn away potential buyers if not addressed for a kit that will probably already struggle to hit MOQ. The standard is for a Row 2 TAB and a Row 3 ESC, and that is what a lot of people use. The renders have those keys reversed (Row 2 ESC and Row 3 TAB), and the kit layout also implies the same. Please clarify/update us so we know what the plan is, I'm sure more than a handful of people might overlook this point assuming they are getting the standard offering only to find out later that the profile on 2 keys is wrong. I would be incredibly upset if that were to happen to me. I don't mean to harp on this, but it's kind of frustrating to not know this important detail for what is otherwise a fantastic set. :) Thanks!

Yes sorry about this. I'll be making a fixed render and getting it out to vendors ASAP.
Is the - kit going to stay R2 ESC and R3 TAB or switch to R2 TAB and R3 ESC? I’m definitely interested in this set, but I use the default Planck layout which uses R3 ESC.

Offline crzone

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 04:23:43 »
I'm in for a base set + numpad from the EU proxy but I have a question: does anybody here know what color code is the white in the Massdrop GMK WoB set? I'm thinking of mixing the two sets and having the same white would be a bonus.

Offline hervuli

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 04:42:17 »
I'm in for a base set + numpad from the EU proxy but I have a question: does anybody here know what color code is the white in the Massdrop GMK WoB set? I'm thinking of mixing the two sets and having the same white would be a bonus.

Same colors as Minimal - CR base, WS1 legends - so you're good.

I'm getting this to mix with GMK Metaverse.
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

Offline crzone

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 06:11:35 »
Thanks, having both sets creates a lot of opportunities.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 06:22:23 »
Thanks, having both sets creates a lot of opportunities.

Yeah, that'äs what I love about GMK stock colors!

However, be careful with the mix and match. Mixing mods probably isn't the best idea, as minimal is text mods while WoB on MD is text+icon.

I imagine accenting arrows and ESC for example would be nice, but enter would look kinda off to me personally. Good luck!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 15:45:34 »
Heard MOQ is already met. Amazing.

Offline krey

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 21:44:12 »
I'm just waiting for payday.
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 02:32:52 »
Is there any place where frequent updates on total numbers can be provided? I want to gauge how realistic a 99.99 USD set will be before 3/20.

Offline crzone

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 05:22:44 »
However, be careful with the mix and match. Mixing mods probably isn't the best idea, as minimal is text mods while WoB on MD is text+icon.

I imagine accenting arrows and ESC for example would be nice, but enter would look kinda off to me personally. Good luck!
Good point, mixing text modifiers with icon ones might be tricky.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 16:27:57 »
Is there any place where frequent updates on total numbers can be provided? I want to gauge how realistic a 99.99 USD set will be before 3/20.

I think MOQ has been met. We just need to push harder.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 17:37:30 »

At the risk of sounding like a ****, which is not my intention. Its a price break of $10. Just have some ramen cup dinners instead of your usuals....

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 17:40:38 »

At the risk of sounding like a ****, which is not my intention. Its a price break of $10. Just have some ramen cup dinners instead of your usuals....
I'm just curious about the updates, I haven't really decided whether to join yet as I have a fair number of other sets to use.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 17:43:25 »
Fair enough, lots of options going around.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 04:14:48 »
So… this has come up a few times by others and hasn't been responded to yet… and I need to know before I make any purchase. The ortho kit has a critical issue that is going to turn away potential buyers if not addressed for a kit that will probably already struggle to hit MOQ. The standard is for a Row 2 TAB and a Row 3 ESC, and that is what a lot of people use. The renders have those keys reversed (Row 2 ESC and Row 3 TAB), and the kit layout also implies the same. Please clarify/update us so we know what the plan is, I'm sure more than a handful of people might overlook this point assuming they are getting the standard offering only to find out later that the profile on 2 keys is wrong. I would be incredibly upset if that were to happen to me. I don't mean to harp on this, but it's kind of frustrating to not know this important detail for what is otherwise a fantastic set. :) Thanks!

Yes sorry about this. I'll be making a fixed render and getting it out to vendors ASAP.
Is the - kit going to stay R2 ESC and R3 TAB or switch to R2 TAB and R3 ESC? I’m definitely interested in this set, but I use the default Planck layout which uses R3 ESC.

Yes, please check the main post here. Has been fixed. I've also sent the updated render to vendors.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 04:16:20 »

MOQ has indeed been met!!! Sales are about on par with Modern Dolch when comparing how much that sold after the same amount of time, so 500 MOQ might be possible!!! Also, while MOQ for the - and + kit has not been hit yet it's fair to say that they will be made for sure since we're coming close and the GB still will be live for some time.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 11:48:16 »

MOQ has indeed been met!!! Sales are about on par with Modern Dolch when comparing how much that sold after the same amount of time, so 500 MOQ might be possible!!! Also, while MOQ for the - and + kit has not been hit yet it's fair to say that they will be made for sure since we're coming close and the GB still will be live for some time.

Nice!

Offline gnomic

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 10:10:05 »

Yes, please check the main post here. Has been fixed. I've also sent the updated render to vendors.

Looks like the kotai render is still showing R2 ESC and R3 TAB.

Offline IggyL

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 18:17:14 »
If we join this drop early and enough people join for a price drop will my total be adjusted automatically through the DixieMech site?

Offline krey

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 21:11:55 »
I have joined with my Rama brass
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 23:12:36 »
If we join this drop early and enough people join for a price drop will my total be adjusted automatically through the DixieMech site?

Pretty sure Dixie will refund you the difference (10 dolalrs in this case), after the drop ends.

Offline mwahlig

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 01:20:27 »

Awesome, I’m in for a 0 and - kit then!

Offline Rogue_Jellybean

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 01:58:57 »
Just placed my order through Dailyclack, can't wait for it to come and chuck it on a Rama U80.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 00:41:21 »
Hoping this hits the discount. I think I'll buy another if it does.

What is the current order total Janglad?

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:57:53 »
Rad, joined for one really digging how clean this looks.

Offline PoochZag

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 09:41:26 »

This reddit post says around 250 https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/b109j6/m_i_n_i_m_a_l_gmk_minimal_gb_open_for_1_more_week/
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 12:09:33 »

Me too.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 14:51:08 »

Me too.

Around 250 indeed, don't have updated sales from all vendors so can't give an exact number. Still pretty much inline with Modern Dolch sales (- 10 base kits or something) so 500 MOQ definitely is possible.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 15:23:42 »

Me too.

when this ends?

KMK Labs.
Around 250 indeed, don't have updated sales from all vendors so can't give an exact number. Still pretty much inline with Modern Dolch sales (- 10 base kits or something) so 500 MOQ definitely is possible.

Offline gnomic

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 18:12:37 »
Joined for 0 and -. Any chance we can get a render that shows the Black PVD Brass RAMA cap on a board with the rest of the set?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 18:58:41 »

Me too.

Amazing

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 17:21:01 »
Joined for 0 and -. Any chance we can get a render that shows the Black PVD Brass RAMA cap on a board with the rest of the set?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BulgkZ7FAst/

;)

Offline gnomic

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 19:09:47 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BulgkZ7FAst/

;)

Wow. :thumb: Thanks!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 23:31:58 »
All in GMK Minimal!

Offline ptykozoon

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 00:26:21 »
Wondering why the - kit has an extra Esc key? Isn't that kind of pointless?

Offline crzone

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 05:54:26 »
Wondering why the - kit has an extra Esc key? Isn't that kind of pointless?
I think it's in R2 profile rather than R1 profile.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 00:36:32 »
Heard sales in China seems to be going ok, hopefully we will break 500 sets again!

Offline knazze

• yerba
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 17:54:02 »
Just joined! I hope we hit the 500 mark!